Merkabah | Page 286 | INFJ Forum
There are exceptions to the rules though.
Our Rottweiler Remy...RIP ( had bone cancer and we had to put him to sleep last year...we put some of his ashes in the creek he used to like to splash and lie down in...he would blow bubbles in the water ) sweet boy...would love head pats...the harder the better...in fact he liked the full body karate chop massage....or sometimes I would give him deep tissue shoulder rubs all down his spine....he loved it...but head pats he loved too...he would turn his head this way or that to get the spot he was after...funny guy.
He was a big teddy-bear.

Dogs are cute.

Monty Python and the Holy Dog

Reactions: Skarekrow
For The First Time Ever, The Federal Government Is Referring To Marijuana As Medicine
TOPICS:GovernmentJustin GardnerMarijuana

March 19, 2017

By Justin Gardner

A profound shift in the federal government’s stance on cannabis was marked by subtle changes made this month to one webpage. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), part of the National Institutes of Health, now has a webpage titled Marijuana as Medicine. Prior to March 2017, it was titled Is Marijuana Medicine?

Apparently, they feel the question has been answered. The timing of NIDA’s update is very curious, as there are signs from the Trump administration that a crackdown may be coming on states’ cannabis legalization progress made over the last few years.

The Department of Justice is now headed by rabid prohibitionist Jeff Sessions, who cites falsehoods and Reefer Madness propaganda when discussing cannabis. Only a few days ago, Sessions said cannabis “is slightly less awful” than heroin – a mind-boggling display of ignorance. Trump chose to keep Chuck Rosenberg as head of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), who said medical cannabis is “a joke” and oversaw the department’s decision to keep the plant as a Schedule 1 drug with “no medicinal use.”

Perhaps this stunning level of denial – in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence of cannabis’ ability to treat a variety of ailments – prompted NIDA to make their change. Twenty-eight states have legalized medical cannabis in some way, eight more have legalized its recreational use, and more states are set to join the list. They aren’t doing this on a whim; decriminalizing medical use is an acknowledgment of cannabis’ power as medicine.

[...]

http://www.activistpost.com/2017/03...-government-referring-marijuana-medicine.html

Times are changing. I am waiting for changes in EU countries, but there is no sign of any legislation that would allow for legalization of cannabis.

If you look under the youtube video you'll find links. They also have more information on their Suspicious Observers page. I watch his morning youtube video most every day. All of them gather research - do their own research - publish their own papers - and have developed an alert app. Now they are tracking their predictions and are training others on how to predict earthquakes and weather. Such cool sincere guys.

Also - there is the Heart Math Institute and the Global Coherence Group. David Wilcock quotes the Russian research in his Wisdom Teachings series on Gaia.com. All roads point to the fact we are intrinsically connected to the Earth's electromagnetic field.
So if it's changing and fluctuating and rising on up in frequency - then the Human body will go through the same process. It has to...or it will die....from heart attacks and strokes and seizures. yes?

Since the Earth has a new Grid in place - to match the elevated frequency - the Schumann Resonance - the Ley Lines and Nodes(gateways, portals,stargates, vortexes) have changed too from the old paradigm and grid.
Why don't you establish a portal right there where you live?
I have one on mine now. :D

As far as the Earth shifting poles - Ben over at Suspicious Observes had a youtube video out on it just the other day. Fascinating that not only does the Sun do it...but there is evidence that all of the planets do it...and Earth appears to be getting ready to do it too. I have speculated as to what might happen. I hope it doesn't happen during a Seasonal Shift of the animals on the planet.

I am doing pretty good these days. My guides have me working on two practices right now: 1. Mindfulness and 2. Relaxation and Playfulness.

There latest mantra is --->> "Relax and Play. It's the only way!".

In truth they are correct. When I relax and play I giggle and laugh. This is extremely healing for my body and my connection with the higher frequency beings deepens.
So I'm enjoying myself. I celebrated St. Patrick's Day with style!! Fabulous home brewed double chocolate stout and grilled steak medium rare!!! Yummmmmmmm.

And again...thank you for the info!!!
Yes...certain things have been progressing here.
Though, I still can’t shake the feeling of everything being up in the air.
(In a holding pattern)
Waiting for something.
Things along those lines.
I feel like I’m becoming far more sensitive to the energy of other people.
Still playing with that in my head and self-experimenting.
Glad that you are doing so well and that steak sounds really gooooood right now!
Much love,
M

Reactions: Kgal
Crystal children were born in the last 10 years. It is not your generation. Your generation is the Indigo children. You have discussed nothing about that topic, you may or may not identify with those.

As an INTP, I love books. I am one of the "bookaholic children". They exist everywhere in time and space, and are not limited to a specific time period. :mk:

It has got to be pretty difficult with arthritis given that you love rock climbing. I would get claustrophobia in a cave. That is not for me. Biking is nice. I really like that.

I suspect that you have got rather good vision if you are a mountaineer. Half-way up to the top where you see the trees and grass below, you brag to your mates saying "you see that butterfly over there?".

Kilimanjaro Expedition - Monty Python's Flying Circus

Yes...I know I’m not in the generation...that’s why I made the distinction.
As far as Indigo Children go, I have posted on that topic before and the forum has a whole thread about it somewhere in the cellar you could bring back to life.
I fit the characteristics of all the lists I have read about Indigo Children, but I would never pronounce myself as being an Indigo Child.
I give it some weight, but I am forever the skeptic when it comes to this kind of grouping of people as having some extra-ordinary way of being.
How are you lately btw?

Reactions: ImaginaryBloke
@ImaginaryBloke

As for your other question.
I miss rock-climbing....it was a way to force you to exist in the “now”.
There is nothing you can think about when you are climbing, not bills, not personal problems, etc....you are purposefully overcoming natural human nature by putting yourself at such heights in many cases...this adds to the narrow focus you must maintain in order to successfully climb what you set out to climb...because if you lose focus then in many cases that’s when you fuck up and fall.
Which can be frightening depending on how high up you are and the last time you put a nut or cam in the rock to catch you.
And of course you get a rush of many wonderful neurochemicals, even thinking about it now I feel a slight rush of remembrance and being in that hyper-focused, hyper-aware, hyper-In the now.

As for caving...I found it peaceful...there really is an incredible world beneath us...such beauty...the crystals, the shapes, the feeling of being in the womb of the Earth.
I never felt claustrophobic...it was comforting to me actually...now that I think about it, it was probably because it was grounding me extremely effectively, probably more than anything I can think of now that I ponder it.
Curious.

Last edited:
For The First Time Ever, The Federal Government Is Referring To Marijuana As Medicine
TOPICS:GovernmentJustin GardnerMarijuana

March 19, 2017

By Justin Gardner

A profound shift in the federal government’s stance on cannabis was marked by subtle changes made this month to one webpage. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), part of the National Institutes of Health, now has a webpage titled Marijuana as Medicine. Prior to March 2017, it was titled Is Marijuana Medicine?

Apparently, they feel the question has been answered. The timing of NIDA’s update is very curious, as there are signs from the Trump administration that a crackdown may be coming on states’ cannabis legalization progress made over the last few years.

The Department of Justice is now headed by rabid prohibitionist Jeff Sessions, who cites falsehoods and Reefer Madness propaganda when discussing cannabis. Only a few days ago, Sessions said cannabis “is slightly less awful” than heroin – a mind-boggling display of ignorance. Trump chose to keep Chuck Rosenberg as head of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), who said medical cannabis is “a joke” and oversaw the department’s decision to keep the plant as a Schedule 1 drug with “no medicinal use.”

Perhaps this stunning level of denial – in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence of cannabis’ ability to treat a variety of ailments – prompted NIDA to make their change. Twenty-eight states have legalized medical cannabis in some way, eight more have legalized its recreational use, and more states are set to join the list. They aren’t doing this on a whim; decriminalizing medical use is an acknowledgment of cannabis’ power as medicine.

[...]

http://www.activistpost.com/2017/03...-government-referring-marijuana-medicine.html

Times are changing. I am waiting for changes in EU countries, but there is no sign of any legislation that would allow for legalization of cannabis.

Yeah...we’ll see what happens here with the Trump administration and the GOP in control.
They may try to repeal the legal status from the states that voted to legalize...which goes against the libertarian view many GOP take of - not legislating person choices of people to do such things...so there is that hope that it is maintained here.
Not only that, but they have been huge tax windfalls for the states that legalized it.
It’s going to be hard to take that money back now....because, well...now profit is talking.
If we can keep it legal here, then I imagine that the EU will follow shortly.

Text is too long to post.
I have provided the foreword and the first part.
Links to the full text are below.

Free ebook, 128 pages.
Sequential overview of our situation regarding metaphysics, cosmology, human origins, aliens, the Control System, the Shift, and how to empower ourselves spiritually.
Enjoy!!

FRINGE KNOWLEDGE FOR BEGINNERS

By Montalk

2008 montalk.net

32.jpg

Foreword

The last half of my life has been spent in the active pursuit of truth.
In the following pages I sketch the broadest map of what I have learned in the fewest words possible.

You will not find proof between the covers of this book, rather ideas and principles that give you understanding and perspective on proof existing all around and within you.

The more you investigate these ideas for yourself, the more intelligently you can judge the accuracy of my map.

If ignorance is bliss, why seek truth?
Because permanent freedom is far more valuable than temporary comfort.

Truth frees you from the manipulation, miscalculation, and disillusionment that ignorance inevitably brings.
You want to know, and no amount of external gratification can satisfy that inner vacuum yearning to be filled with meaning, purpose, and understanding.

Society once suffered from ignorant superstition; today it suffers from ignorant skepticism.
When people are confronted with a challenging view, most see only that it differs from their own, and so they dismiss higher truths beyond their recognition as quickly as they would those obvious delusions beneath their threshold of gullibility.

Higher knowledge is therefore fringe knowledge because those who pursue it have been alienated to the fringes of society.
These fringe truth seekers follow their hearts and open their minds, having placed more importance on the liberation of their souls than the conventions of society.

Treat this book as a working hypothesis, an educated guess to be tested by your own experiences, research, and insights.
Take what makes sense and leave the rest for another time.

1 - The Basics

We start with the simple and obvious.
You see through your eyes, hear through your ears, feel through your body, and think through your brain.

But you are not your eyes, ears, body, or brain-these are just things you experience the world with.
So then, what are you?

Remember that anything that can be taken away from you cannot be you.
Like your clothes or hair-without them you would be bald and naked, but you would still be you.

Now take away your body and brain.
Is there anything left?

Did you know that people have come back from being dead for a few minutes, remembering all they did while they were gone?
Yes, sometimes they recall floating above their own lifeless bodies, seeing and hearing the doctors and nurses working on them, maybe floating away and exploring what's around before being brought back to life.

Even without their bodies and brains, they were still alive somehow, aware and experiencing.
This shows that they are not their bodies, and neither are you.

Think of your body as a character inside a video game.
To interact with the game world you need to play a game character.

But you are not the character; you are merely controlling it from outside the game.
Same thing with your body.

To interact with the physical world, you need a physical body.
Through the body, your mind existing outside this world can play this game called life.

A first-person game where you look through the eyes of a character makes it seem like you are inside its head, but really you are sitting in front of the computer.

Likewise, although you sense yourself inside your physical head, you are actually located far beyond it in another dimension.

When your body dies, it is just like dying inside a game.
Nothing happens to the real you since, if you remember, you are not your body.

The real you, which is essentially your mind or spirit, gets to hang around for a little while, maybe quit the game for now, maybe start a new game as a new character.

But in this life, you only get one turn, so it is important to stay alive as long as needed, to keep your health and energy at a good level while having fun with the game.

The real you was born into this body, into this world, and has forgotten it is just a game character.
It does not remember where it came from, where it's going, why it's playing the game, and what the point of this game is.

It has gotten all wrapped up in the daily experiences of life.
But now you are learning what you really are: a spirit that cannot be harmed or killed even if the body is harmed or killed.

And like a game, some of the things that happen are scripted, meant to happen from the very beginning.

Not currently taking any, though that isn’t to say I’m opposed to it.
Yes...been finding my way there via other means.

Yeah, you have been getting there "via other means". My nose can smell when there is a problem. There is some addiction involved. The smell of cheese appears in my nose. I wonder what cheese you are eating. :m175:

Monty Python - The Mouse Problem

Yeah, you have been getting there "via other means". My nose can smell when there is a problem. There is some addiction involved. The smell of cheese appears in my nose. I wonder what cheese you are eating. :m175:

Monty Python - The Mouse Problem

You figured me out.
In actuality I like to keep several cheeses in the fridge at any given time.
I really like the extra extra sharp cheddar or white cheddar....any sharp cheese...not so into Bleu cheese or Brie.
“Other means” - Meditation.

Yes...I know I’m not in the generation...that’s why I made the distinction.
As far as Indigo Children go, I have posted on that topic before and the forum has a whole thread about it somewhere in the cellar you could bring back to life.
I fit the characteristics of all the lists I have read about Indigo Children, but I would never pronounce myself as being an Indigo Child.
I give it some weight, but I am forever the skeptic when it comes to this kind of grouping of people as having some extra-ordinary way of being.
How are you lately btw?

Another thing that turned up in my mind is Dolores Cannon's "three waves of volunteers". Your generation is the second wave that grew up in the 70s. Sometimes I believe that there is a great deal of overlap with the various groups of children and DC's volunteers. Just for the record.

How am I doing? Well, I strongly feel that I am managing to break out of my depressive nature. It feels a bit unusual, like bicycling the first time. I have no concept or memory of boundless happiness in all spheres of life. Usually, happiness means feeling happy due to something that you do, ie, extrinsic happiness. I learning about intrinsic happiness. It is starting to feel great. Even if I would, for example, get a jail sentence of 10 years on false charges, I would know how to stay sane. That would never be possible otherwise.

Happiness is important, because it makes gene regulation and physical healing more efficient. This will help me in a number of ways.

I will come back to you about this later.

@ImaginaryBloke

As for your other question.
I miss rock-climbing....it was a way to force you to exist in the “now”.
There is nothing you can think about when you are climbing, not bills, not personal problems, etc....you are purposefully overcoming natural human nature by putting yourself at such heights in many cases...this adds to the narrow focus you must maintain in order to successfully climb what you set out to climb...because if you lose focus then in many cases that’s when you fuck up and fall.
Which can be frightening depending on how high up you are and the last time you put a nut or cam in the rock to catch you.
And of course you get a rush of many wonderful neurochemicals, even thinking about it now I feel a slight rush of remembrance and being in that hyper-focused, hyper-aware, hyper-In the now.

As for caving...I found it peaceful...there really is an incredible world beneath us...such beauty...the crystals, the shapes, the feeling of being in the womb of the Earth.
I never felt claustrophobic...it was comforting to me actually...now that I think about it, it was probably because it was grounding me extremely effectively, probably more than anything I can think of now that I ponder it.
Curious.

I cannot help but think of Sly in Cliffhanger when I hear the word rock-climbing. Heights are my fear and I cannot think of anything else. My tertiary Si does not like the exploring unknown territory if there is danger involved.

Nature appeals to me in different ways. I absolutely love bicycling like I said before. It gives me a sense of freedom and belonging to all other forms of life. The air in the forest is so fresh and rejuvenating. I love breathing deeply when I see nothing but trees around me.

Some fifteen years ago, I spent a couple of summers on the road by bike around the country with a few friends of mine. We absolutely loved it. We went camping, or staying in hotels occasionally for cleaning our clothes.

My tire exploded once in the evening. Lucky for us, there was a gas station nearby where I could find supplies. It was not only the air tube that exploded, but the outer cover made of rubber had a huge hole in it. That was a pretty maddening experience.

As for neurochemicals, going down a hill by bike at full speed is pretty nice too. :m044:

Yeah...we’ll see what happens here with the Trump administration and the GOP in control.
They may try to repeal the legal status from the states that voted to legalize...which goes against the libertarian view many GOP take of - not legislating person choices of people to do such things...so there is that hope that it is maintained here.
Not only that, but they have been huge tax windfalls for the states that legalized it.
It’s going to be hard to take that money back now....because, well...now profit is talking.

If we can keep it legal here, then I imagine that the EU will follow shortly.

Yeah. :m129:

Drug legalization is bringing much needed revenue to the states. Is this source of revenue big enough to make tax reductions possible? If so, then there is one type of greed vs another type of greed playing out. The prison-industrial complex vs the drown-guvnmint-in-the-bathtub guys.

You figured me out.
In actuality I like to keep several cheeses in the fridge at any given time.
I really like the extra extra sharp cheddar or white cheddar....any sharp cheese...not so into Bleu cheese or Brie.
“Other means” - Meditation.

I like cheese too. But my vegetarian campaign is bringing me into another culinary territory, so I am spending less time and money there now.

What other types of cheese does your local cheese shop supply? Have you seen the film Rogue Cheddar?

Cheese Shop Sketch - Monty Python's Flying Circus

20 Ways Sitting In Silence Can Completely Transform Your Life
bodymindsoulspirit | March 20, 2017

by Samuel Gentoku McCree

“Silence is a source of great strength.” ~Lao Tzu

For over two years I spent one out of every four weeks in silence. At the time I was living at a Zen Monastery and every month we would have a week-long silent retreat.

During this retreat we sat meditation in silence, ate in silence, worked in silence, and only communicated through hand gestures and written notes.

At first living like this was hard, but over time I learned to grow to appreciate silence. By the time I left I learned that silence was my friend and teacher.

What did silence teach me?

1. Satisfaction
I used to think I needed to watch TV every night. But at monastery I went without and discovered I didn’t need it.

Silence taught me to be happy with less. Pick something that’s weighing you down and let it go. Your life will thank you.

2. Expression
When you can only talk by writing a note, you only say what’s important. Before the monastery I talked a lot but said little.

Silence taught me that a few simple words well spoken have more power than hours of chatter. Think of one simple thing you can say that would help someone feel better and say it.

3. Appreciation
Being able to speak makes life easy, but when I couldn’t talk I learned how much I relied on others.

Silence taught me to appreciate the value of relating to others. The next time you see your friends or family, try to really listen. Deep listening expresses deep appreciation.

4. Attention
Several times at my first retreat I thought my phone was vibrating. But then I would remember I didn’t have my phone. It showed me how my phone divided my attention.

Silence taught me how important it is to let go of distractions. The next time you are with someone you care about, try turning off your phone and putting it away. It will make paying attention easier.

5. Thoughts
I once sat a retreat next door to a construction project. What amazed me was how easily my thoughts drowned out the noise. I realized if my thoughts were this loud, I’d better make them as wise as possible.

Silence taught me the importance of shaping my thinking. Take time each day to notice your thoughts and let go of thoughts that don’t serve you.

6. Nature
Because I sat retreat in every season, I know that the sound of wind in fall is different than it is in winter.

Silence taught me to notice nature. Take a short walk outside in silence and you’ll discover the wisdom and peace that nature has to offer.

7. Body
During retreat I noticed that whenever I got lost in thought, I lost track of my body. And when I focused on my body, my thoughts would calm down.

Silence taught me to be in my body. Close your eyes and ask, “What sensations do I feel in my hand?” Learning to feel your body can calm your troubled mind.

8. Overstimulation
Whenever I went into town after retreat, the world seemed so loud and fast. I came to realize how much our senses have to process most of the time.

Silence taught me the importance of reducing the stimulation. Enjoy some quiet time everyday. The less you see and hear, the more settled your mind can become.

9. Sound
People would come to the monastery and remark how quiet it was. But living at the monastery I knew all the noises, from frogs, to owls, to the sound of sandals on the sidewalk.

Silence taught me that the world is a rich texture of sounds. Sit in front of your house and close your eyes. You’ll be amazed at what you hear if you listen long enough.

10. Humanity
During retreat I was surrounded by imperfect people who were doing their best. Some were happy, some were sad, but all were wonderfully human.

Silence taught me that people display great beauty. Find a good spot to people watch with an open heart. What you see may inspire you.

11. Space
For a long time anytime something difficult came up, I would just distract myself. But retreat taught me that if I avoided something it would never go away.

Silence taught me that space helps me face hard times. The next time you face something difficult, pause and honor whatever is arising.

12. Love
I used to think love was this big thing. But in retreat I found that I felt love for so many things.

Silence taught me that love can be simple. Think of someone you haven’t said I love you to recently and tell them.

13. Courage
I used to think courage was about facing danger, but during retreat I realized that real courage is about facing yourself.

Silence taught me the courage it takes to be still. When we stop moving everything we’re running from catches up. The next time you are afraid, stop and wait for it to pass. There is immense courage inside your heart.

14. Perseverance
Every retreat reminded me that speaking is easy, but staying quiet is hard.

Silence isn’t flashy, but it has an immense power to endure. The next time someone doubts you, instead of disagreeing, silently vow not to give up. Action is speaks volumes.

15. Faith
I often ask for reassurance or feedback. But living is silence meant I had to trust my instincts.

Silence taught me to have faith in myself. The next time you begin to feel anxious, sit in silence and see if you can find the space of deep faith that lives in your heart.

16. Honesty
I used to lie so I wouldn’t have to explain myself. But when I couldn’t talk I began to notice this impulse and how much it degraded my integrity.

Silence taught me the importance of telling the truth. Notice times where you tell little lies and try telling the truth instead. It isn’t always easy but it’s the first step to trusting ourselves and others.

17. Gratitude
During retreat I didn’t have a lot of comforts. It helped me see how much I took for granted and how much I had to be grateful for.

At the end of every day sit in silence and ask yourself what am I grateful for. You’ll be amazed at the blessings you discover.

18. Simplicity
I used to love drama and conflict. But at retreat I found I was happier when I kept it simple.

Silence taught me that simplicity and joy are close companions. Pick one space in your home you could simplify. Keep it simple for one month and enjoy the ease it offers your life.

19. Connection
I used to think I had to talk in order to feel connected. I realized during retreat that I can feel connected just by being near people I care about.

Silence taught me that words can get in the way. Do something in silence with someone you love. It will be awkward at first but eventually you will see what it means just to be in someone presence.

20. Truth
I studied philosophy in college and I thought I could read about truth. But retreat taught me that truth is found in silence.

Silence has taught me a deeper truth than words ever could. Sit in silence once a week and feel the truth in your heart. It’s there whether you can express it in words or not.

http://www.bodymindsoulspirit.com/20-ways-sitting-in-silence-can-completely-transform-your-life/

Really good tips for a calmer mind. :m093:

Was exploring the electrical buzzing sound that I have come to associate with going OOB....consequently this was also the sound I would hear when I knew that the negative entity that would consistently enter my space while I was OOB as a child was about to appear.
Many times also while thinking back on those experiences as a child there were doors involved and opening those doors would create this noise.
Now upon reading various ways to go OOB, there is the creation of “doors”.
I now understand what one reoccurring dream I have had my whole life is about...it is a hidden door, and when you open it, there is a slide made of highly polished wood spiraling downward.
I remember hearing people talking on the other side of these doors...in one instance I was in a poorly lit hallway and there was a door at the end that sounded like a cocktail party was going on, but upon opening the door the noise would cease.
It seems I was creating doors perhaps on some sort of natural unconscious level...I remember there always being lots of doors.
And I associated the electrical buzzing noise (or as some describe it the sound of an MRI - only really loud) with those doors and also with the things I saw that scared the shit out of me as a child.
For a long time I suppressed any kind of conscious attempt to go OOB, though it would still happen to a far lesser degree as I grew up.
Once I learned to force myself awake or back to my body perhaps?
The night terrors also stopped.
Anyhow...I’m not the only person who hears this noise.
I have also found that binaural beats, specifically around 4Hz, especially helpful to reach the state necessary for successful separation to take place....that and they help to block out the noises that can be quite loud and distracting while you are in the vibrational stage.
I like the lower pitch binaural beats...here are a couple I frequently use...I just put them on a looping program if they are too short.
Enjoy!

This one begins at 8Hz along with pink noise and slowly ramps down to 4Hz.

Astral Noises: The Humming Sound Explained In Simple Terms
FAQs |​

That loud ringing noise in your ears.. Do you hear it?

Not everyone does, but you might soon.
If you’ve had more than a couple of astral experiences, you’ve probably experienced a sort of buzzing noise in your ears as you try to leave your physical body.

This ringing noise is common to astral projection and is nothing to worry about.

What is the astral projection buzzing noise?

It’s essentially what you hear when you’re separating from your physical body.
It can be described as a ringing, buzzing, popping noise, roaring, or whining noise in your ears.

It could also sound like white noise, a swarm of bees or a lot of flies etc..
Regarding what it actually IS, it’s debatable.

Here are some common theories for what it means:
  • It’s your spirit guide – The buzzing noise is your spirit guide trying to make contact with you through the astral plane. The sound you hear is because there isn’t a way for the astral entity to communicate properly, or you’re not ready to hear the message just yet.
  • It’s aliens – Aliens are trying to contact you and much like the astral guide, they don’t know how to communicate, so this is interpreted by your body and mind as a loud roaring noise or whining sound.
  • It’s just a side effect of projection – It happens normally when you astral travel and means that you’re doing it ‘right’. Some people also say that it means you’re separating from your physical body properly. It means that your link to your physical body is strong and stable.
  • It’s nothing/no explanation – The noise doesn’t mean anything. It just happens, and that’s that!
So why do people hear this humming noise?

It’s unclear.
There are several suggested reasons, but we do know that the noise is entirely internal.
It’s not an ACTUAL noise that could damage your ears in your physical reality.

If you’re not sure about this, just record yourself doing astral projection and play it back.
You’ll see that there isn’t any actual noise.

It’s internal.

It doesn’t do any damage, but if you find it uncomfortable or that it hurts in any way just take a break from astral travel for a few days.
Don’t do anything that will make you feel uncomfortable or could discourage you from wanting to learn more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Ringing and Astral Projection

What is the link between initial separation and our ears/hearing?
Typical sounds associated with separation have been labeled: roaring, screaming, buzzing, bees in ears, high pitched noises, etc.

I am also able to hear a greater range of sound waves when I first leave my body (read my radio frequency article).

I and other projectors have told people to listen to the internal ringing in their ears to bring on a projection.
Numerous people responded to success with this.

Why?
The conclusion I originally drew was that it was because this narrowed our thread of thought, which reduced the electrical input to the brain and less input reduces energy, thus magnetism....

This may be PART of the reason, but I think it also relates to the following:

Most internal ringing is normal.
Why?

Because the internal mechanism of the healthy ear creates sound vibrations, and your "ear sounds" or otoacoustic emissions (OAEs) can be recorded by a microphone probe fitted to your ear!

In fact, OAEs are routinely used to test for normal hearing in newborn babies.
This internal ringing is normal.

However, excessive ringing is called tinnitus and is so annoying that it leads subjects to severe depression.
Although excessive ringing in the ears is considered a disease, it has been documented that "in more than half of the cases, the exact cause of the tinnitus cannot be identified”.

Now, the American Tinnitus Association, using the brain imaging technique called PET (positron emission tomography) surprisingly discovered that when internal ringing was present, the hippocampus (viewed by some scientists as the seat of emotion in the brain) was stimulated.

And where is the hippocampus?
It is part of the temporal lobe along with the olfactory cortex and the..... amygdala! (see the amygdala link).

Although each function separately, they are grouped together as "the limbic system”.
The vibration of one, stimulates the other.

I wrote about the amygdala based on information from Neil Slade's site and how this part of the brain, when properly triggered, helped achieve the out of body state.

Neil Slade states repeatedly that listening to certain types of music flips the amygdala switch forward.
He sites numerous examples of how certain music enhances learning, mental travel (OBEs) and remote viewing.

Here is one of his quotes:
"Just as in any other kind of music, our impressions and emotions while in our out-of-our-body experience leave and transmit the same impressions to the listener. Thus, this particular Out-Of Body Brain Travel Music will facilitate your own remote viewing and astral Brain Travel to this alien place."

Sound has been linked to OBEs for ages.
My first mental projection while listening to classical music.

The Monroe Institute and many other sites (including Neil Slade's site) sell "brain music" that help achieve altered states of consciousness and astral projection.

Crystal bowls are used that supposedly resonate with different chakras and stimulate projection and awareness.
However, it wasn't until this year (2001) that I realized that REM sleep, sound (hemi sync or otherwise) were related to OBEs via the frontal lobe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inner vibrations (sometimes intense) accompanied by loud buzzing, humming or roaring sounds.
Any sound, vibration or event that is out of the norm during sleep.

You are experiencing the vibrational state.
A normal prelude to an OBE.

Surrender to the vibrations and allow them to expand or spread throughout your entire being.
When the vibrations have reached their peak immediately direct your full attention away from your physical body.

Think - “Door Now!” (All commands are thought.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

What are the sensations of astral projection?
Many different sensations can be felt prior to, during or following an Out of Body Experience,
however, one of the most common sensations reported by those attempting to astral project are vibrations.

ripple_waves_bee.jpg

These vibrations are also known as the vibrational state (VS).
Many accounts from individuals who experience this high-energy phenomenon have said that these vibrations can actually wake them from sleep and can lead to a conscious take-off of the astral body.

What Causes these Vibrations?
This feeling of electricity, tingling or vibration occurs when the chakras, meridians and energy points reach a synchronised resonation.
This can occur spontaneously in the right conditions or can be self-initiated through energy exercises such as the VELO (Voluntary Energetic Longitudinal Oscillation).

This is where an individual wills their energy to move up and down through the body in a rhythmic fashion.

How do these Lead to Astral Projection?
The vibrations lead to the disconnection of the astral body from the physical body (vehicles of manifestation), and this can lead to a conscious projection. In plain terms, the vibrations “loosen the glue” holding together the astral body to the physical one, allowing it to detach.

A conscious astral projection can occur particularly when the vibrations wake a person in the night and they are physically relaxed but mentally aware and lucid.

Even when these vibrations are provoked during a waking state (for example through wilful energy exercises), they can still lead to a conscious take-off. Sometimes, these vibrations will precede an astral projection although the individual might quickly lose lucidity and not recall the rest of the experience.

What do the Vibrations Feel Like?
The sensation of vibrating can vary in intensity for different individuals and can range from subtle ‘tingling’ to the sensation of the whole body vibrating intensely.

Some have likened this feeling to a surge of electricity running through the body.
These sensations can be felt throughout simultaneously or moving from the feet to the head or vice versa.

This sensation can also be highly pleasurable for some, leading to an energetic ‘climax’.
Sometimes these vibrations can start very subtly as a tingling sensation and increase in intensity.

At their most intense, the sensation can seem like every cell in the body is vibrating with electricity and humming like a generator.
For those who have not experienced vibrations before, this can be a surprising experience.

However, it is important to stay calm and not be alarmed by these sensations.
Staying serene will increase the chances of consciously projecting rather than halting or terminating the process.

Other Out of Body Experience Sensations
Other common take-off and landing sensations during an Out of Body Experience can include auditory and olfactory hyper acuity, numbness, intracranial sounds, such as high-pitched buzzing, or loud noises of many types, and rocking and ballooning, where a person feels that they are expanding much like a balloon.

The vibrations often felt when attempting astral projections can also lead to other benefits such as increased psychic abilities and heightened lucidity, both when awake and when projecting.

It is of much benefit to the individual to harness the ability to install these vibrations at will, although this mostly takes dedication and consistent practice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I also have recurring bouts of “exploding head syndrome” throughout my life...I have come to believe imho, that this is also a precursor to astral separation:
Exploding head syndrome (EHS) is a benign condition in which a person hears loud imagined noises (such as a bomb exploding, a gunshot, or a cymbal crash) or experiences an explosive feeling when falling asleep or waking up.[1][2][3]

These noises have a sudden onset, are typically brief in duration, and are often jarring for the sufferer.[4] ... Neither the cause nor the mechanism of exploding head syndrome is known.

Apparently Eckankar even has a diagram of the planes of existence and the noises associated with passing through each membrane or level.
I have heard many different noises...singing, piano music, buzzing, white noise, yelling, voices speaking other languages (sometimes very clearly).
Anyhow...an interesting diagram.

Picture+27.png

The Trigger of Astral Projection:
Sylvan Muldoon's Research

sylvan_muldoon.jpg

Astral-Projection-Experiences-1.jpg
Astral projection is closely related to the out-of-body experience (OBE), near-death experience (NDE), lucid dreaming, and even remote viewing.
The difference between them is that astral projection is a consciously induced OBE.

Such OBEs provide an excellent argument when it comes to evidence for the survival of consciousness.
Some astral projections and OBEs are veridical - that is - the experiencer accurately describes objects or events which they were not physically in a position to observe normally.

Such veridical OBEs cannot be explained in conventional physiological terms (e.g., as a relatively infrequent neurological phenomenon) or in conventional psychological terms (e.g., as a dissociative hallucination).

They also cannot be explained in terms of ordinary ESP or mental telepathy.
For these reasons, the most plausible remaining explanation (and according to Occam's Razor) is the hypothesis that one's mental activity can literally be at locations different from that occupied by one's body.

This means that at least some mental states which are at locations remote from the body are distinct from bodily states.
And according to the survival hypothesis, one's characteristic mental activity can continue in the absence of corresponding bodily activity, even after bodily death.

Such OBEs are at least compatible with the survival hypothesis, even if it doesn't entail it.
Therefore, to some extent, the evidence for OBEs also supports the survival hypothesis.

1. Scientific Evidence Supporting the Reality of Astral Projection and OBEs

Concepts found in interpretations of quantum mechanics and the philosophy of mind supports the phenomena of astral projection and OBEs.
The rigorous mathematical support for parallel universes and the Many-Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanicsalso supports the multidimensional phenomena of astral projection and OBEs.

String theory, and its corresponding M-theory and Holographic Principle, is an attempt to create a "Theory of Everything" - a theory unifying all the physical forces in nature - states that there are 11 dimensions of which 7 of these dimensions are "curled up" into an extremely tiny ball which curled up just after the Big Bang.

The concept of parallel universes suggests it is possible for the so-called "astral world" - which is currently undetectable to modern scientific tools - to exist in these mathematically supported other dimensions.

According to string theory, everything (including atomic articles) are made up of strings which are vibrational in nature.
Those who have experienced astral projection, OBEs and NDEs, have described how they feel enormous vibrations and "popping" or "clicking" sounds when detaching themselves from their physical body.

It is this increased level of vibrations which allows experiencers to access these higher dimensions.
Einstein's Theory of Relativity mathematically describes how time slows down as a person is travelling closer and closer to the speed of light.

At the speed of light, time actually stops altogether.
The realms of the OBE and NDE have been described as dimensions of the mind, in the same way the dream world has been described.

In these realms, travel has been described as instantaneous - that is - the moment an experiencer thinks of a location, they are instantly there.
These realms have been described as timeless realms where time no longer exists as we know it in the physical world such as found in OBEs and NDEs.

A few seconds in these dimensions can feel like an eternity because there is no measure of time there.
Read a more detailed description of how science supports astral projections, OBEs, and NDEs at the Science and the NDE Research Conclusions Page.

The veridical dream case of Sylvia Claire and a case described in a study by Japanese researcher Watanabe Tsuneo in a March 2003 paper entitled, "Lucid Dreaming: Its Experimental Proof and Psychological Conditions" in the Journal of International Society of Life Information Science (Japan) 21 (1): 159 “162.

In Tsuneo's study, four selected test subjects were able to signal while they were lucid dreaming of particular dream actions having observable concomitants which were performed in accordance with a pre-sleep agreement.

The conclusion emerging from such cases is that a dream world (or astral world) which is invisible to the five senses of the physical body, does in fact exist.

NDEs are identical to accidental astral projections when the NDE is spontaneous and accidently triggered.
Accidental astral projections have been described in veridical dreams as well.

A classic example of a dream projection was reported to the Society of Psychical Research.
In 1863, Mr. Wilmot of Bridgeport, Connecticut described a veridical dream involving his wife:

"I sailed from Liverpool for New York, on the steamer City of Limerick ... On the evening of the second day out ... a severe storm began which lasted for nine days ... Upon the night of the eighth day ... for the first time I enjoyed refreshing sleep. Toward morning I dreamed that I saw my wife, whom I had left in the U.S., come to the door of the stateroom, clad in her night dress. At the door she seemed to discover that I was not the only occupant in the room, hesitated a little, then advanced to my side, stooped down and kissed me, and quietly withdrew.

"Upon waking I was surprised to see my fellow passenger ... leaning upon his elbow and looking fixedly at me. He said at length:

"'You're a pretty fellow to have a lady come and visit you this way.'

"I pressed him for an explanation, and he related what he had seen while wide awake, lying on his berth. It exactly corresponded with my dream.

"The day after landing I went to Watertown, Connecticut, where my children and my wife were ... visiting her parents. Almost her first question when we were back alone was:

"'Did you receive a visit from me a week ago Tuesday?'

"'It would be impossible,' I said. 'Tell me what makes you think so.'

"My wife then told me that on account of the severity of the weather ... she had been extremely anxious about me. On the night mentioned above she had lain awake a long time thinking about me, and about four o'clock in the morning it seemed to her that she went out to seek me ... She came at length ... to my stateroom.

"She said, 'Tell me, do they ever have staterooms like the one I saw, where the upper berth extends further back than the under one? A man was in the upper berth looking right at me, and for a moment I was afraid to go in, but soon I went up to the side of your berth, bent down and kissed you, and embraced you, and then went away.'

"The description given by my wife of the steamship was correct in all particulars, though she had never seen it."

Astral projection is so often associated with dreaming that many experiencers insist the astral body normally separates from the physical during sleep.

Some of the most interesting accounts of astral projection come from Sylvan J. Muldoon (1903-1969) in his classic books Projection of the Astral Body (1929), The Case for Astral Projection (1936) and The Phenomena of Astral Projection (1951).

These books contain records of many years of experimenting with astral projection which bears the stamp of authenticity.
In the world of astral projection, Muldoon was one of the early pioneers in the field.

As an astral projection researcher, Muldoon's discoveries all started with personal experience.
When he was 12 years old, Muldoon attended a spiritualist's gathering with his mother in Iowa.

During one of the nights there, he woke up and found himself looking down on his physical body.
He found that a cord connected him with his physical body and thought he may be dead.

He traveled around the house trying to wake some members of his family, but had no success.
Finally, he was pulled back into his physical body.

This was his first astral projection out of hundreds he would later experience.

Dr. Hereward Carrington, the researcher of Muldoon, wrote an introduction to the first book.
Muldoon's accounts of astral travel describes in detail his ability to leave his physical body at will and to retain full consciousness in a subtler "astral" body.

He testifies to becoming aware of events and things while in this subtle body of which he had previously no knowledge, and later to be able to verify the facts.

These are called "veridical astral projections.”
In some instances he describes how his subtle body can pass through solid physical objects.

This phenomenon agrees with NDE testimony (see Dr. Dianne Morrissey's NDE).
Muldoon also gives details about the mechanism of projection which enables others who seek to experiment in astral projection to attempt the same thing.

Sylvan Muldoon has reported having hundreds of such conscious astral projections.
He has gathered and published more reports of such projections by other people than has any other investigator.

His reports about the astral world are particularly interesting because they are similar in description to NDEs.
As an example, Muldoon once wrote:

"There are no words to express the feeling of 'prodigiousness' which overwhelms the projector when he becomes perfectly conscious in the purgatory of the dead - sees earthbound phantoms, rides upon the air, sustains himself by thought, passes through material beings and objects (which offer no more resistance than the air itself) and listens to the chatter of those [still physically embodied persons] who suspect not his presence ... And yet, for all the marvelous things upon the astral plane, it does feel good to get back into the physical body again and 'touch!' If one could only 'feel' things in purgatory! That is the 'hell' of it, speaking seriously! It is a wonder to me that some of the case-hardened earthbound phantoms, under a super stress of habit or desire to make 'touchable' contacts, do not go insane. There is but one cure for his condition, and that is to turn away from the earthly - to 'will' to break the stress of habit and desire to make contact with the earthly ..."

Muldoon's comments on earthbound spirits are similar to descriptions of earthbound spirits in NDEs such as the one by Dr. George Ritchie.
Muldoon's description of the strong desire to "touch" things in the astral world, corresponds with statements made by Dr. Dianne Morrissey during her NDE where she returns to life because of a profound desire to "touch" things once again.

Muldoon continues:

"Everything in the astral plane seems to be governed by thought - by the mind of the projector ... As one is in his mind he becomes in reality when he is in the astral body ... Most of the time, even before you can complete a thought, you have already attained what you are thinking about ... It seems that the mind creates its own environment - yet the environment is real! This condition could not possibly last indefinitely; it is a sort of purgatory wherein one must learn to think correctly."

Muldoon and Dr. Carrington in their book, Projection of the Astral Body wrote that the astral plane can be reached by dreaming:

"When you are dreaming you are not really in the same world as when you are conscious - in the physical - although the two worlds merge into one another. While dreaming, you really are in the astral plane, and usually your astral body is in the zone of quietude."

Projection of the Astral Body:

(a) Develop yourself so that you are enabled to hold consciousness up to the very moment of "rising to sleep.”
The best way to do this is to hold some member of the physical body in such a position that it will not be at rest, but will be inclined to fall as you enter sleep.

(b) Construct a dream which will have the action of self predominant.
The dream must be of the aviation type, in which you move upward and outward, corresponding to the action of the astral body while projecting.
It must be a dream of something which you enjoy doing.

(c) Hold the dream clearly in mind; visualize it as you are rising to sleep; project yourself right into it and go on dreaming.

(d) Through the use of properly applied suggestion, prior to the dream, you will be able to remember yourself in your dream and bring your dream body (i.e., your astral body) to full waking consciousness.
This technique may require months of gentle persistence.

Projection of the Astral Body, offers a wealth of information based on the hundreds of astral projections he had over a period of many years.
In one projection experience, Muldoon found himself in a strange house watching a young lady who happened to be sewing at the time.

Six weeks later, by coincidence, he recognized the woman on the streets of the small Wisconsin town where he lived.
Upon his approaching her, she was startled to discover that he was able to accurately describe the inside of her home.

She eventually became a very close friend of his and participated with him in a number of projection experiments.

By observing his own condition in the astral world, Muldoon was able to develop some interesting hypotheses.
For example, he made a number of measurements of the "silver cord" which connects the astral body to the physical body, stating how it varied in thickness from about 1 1/2 inches to about the size of a sewing thread according to the proximity of the astral body to the physical.

At a distance of from 8 to 15 feet, the cord reached its minimum width.
It was only at this distance that Muldoon was able to exercise complete control over his astral body.

He also noticed that his heartbeat and breath seemed to travel from the astral body through the cord to the physical body.

Muldoon also noted that physical disabilities seemed to provide an incentive for projection.
Muldoon himself was very frail and sickly during the years when his projections were most pronounced.

He hypothesized that the unconscious will - motivated by habits and desires - would otherwise resulted in sleep walking, would led to astral projection for him because of the frailty of his body.

For example, if he was thirsty at night, he might discover his astral body travelling to the water pump.

In one instance, it occurred to Muldoon that his heart was beating unusually slow.
He visited his doctor who told him his pulse was only 42 beats per minute and gave him a cardiac stimulant to correct the condition.

For the next two months while Muldoon took this stimulant, he was unable to induce a projection although he normally averaged at least one astral projection per week.

But once he stopped taking the medicine, he was again able to perform astral projections.
He also noticed that whenever he experienced intense emotions while astral projecting, it would cause his heart to beat faster.

Later in life, as Muldoon's health improved, his ability to astral project diminished and practically disappeared.
Nevertheless, he certainly made the most significant contribution in research involving astral travel his time.

Since then, several other people have contributed to astral projection research.

Some researchers have argued that Muldoon's frailty and sickliness was the result of his numerous astral projections.
This is supported by research into the life of Edgar Cayce and his astral projections.

Cayce gained national prominence in 1943 after the publication of a high-profile article in the magazine Coronet titled "Miracle Man of Virginia Beach" (see America's Alternative Religions by Timothy Miller, 1995) In the middle of World War II, Cayce said he could not refuse people who felt they needed his help, and he increased the frequency of his readings to eight per day to try to help those on his ever-growing pile of requests.

Cayce's "Source" informed him that performing so many astral projections would take a toll on his health as it was emotionally draining and often fatigued him.

His Source would scold him for attempting too much and that he should limit his workload to just two readings a day or else they would kill him.
In the spring of 1944, Edgar began to weaken.

While his Source advised him rest, Cayce felt compelled to continue to assist those who called him.
Finally, exhaustion overcame him and, like his first reading he had made for himself in 1901, was issued last in September 1944.

Cayce's Source urged him to suspend their activities.
When his wife asked Cayce's Source for how long, the answer was, "Until he recovers or dies.”

Cayce almost immediately suffered a stroke and became partially paralyzed.
By the end of the year, his friends feared the worst.

Edgar was told he would "heal" after the new year, but his family and friends realized his Source was actually announcing his death, which occurred on January 3, 1945.

Dr. Ernesto Bozzano and by Dr. Robert Crookall in the UK. Crookall approached the subject of OBEs from a spiritualistic position, and collected his cases predominantly from spiritualist newspapers.

The first extensive scientific study of OBEs was made by Celia Green in 1968.
She collected first-hand accounts from a total of 400 subjects to provide a taxonomy of the different types of OBE.

In 1981, the Brazilian physician Dr. Waldo Vieira proposed a new field in parapsychology called projectiology
pdf_small.gif
in which researchers would study the subjective dynamics of the OBE directly through systematic self-experimentation rather than through verbal testimonies.

He also founded The Center of Continued Consciousness which was later renamed to the International Academy of Consciousness (IAC) to promote discussions about the subject.

In 1999, at the 1st International Forum of Consciousness Research in Barcelona, International Academy of Consciousness research practitioners Wagner Alegretti and Nanci Trivellato presented preliminary findings [105] of an online survey about OBEs answered by internet users interested in the subject.

Of the first 1,185 respondents, 1,007 (85%) reported having had an OBE.
37% claimed to have had between two and ten OBEs.

5.5% claimed more than 100 such experiences.
45% of those who reported an OBE said they successfully induced at least one OBE by using a specific technique.

62% of participants claiming to have had an OBE also reported having enjoyed nonphysical flight; 40% reported experiencing the phenomenon of self-bilocation (i.e., or "autoscopy" - seeing one's own physical body whilst outside of the body); and 38% claimed having experienced passing through physical objects such as walls.

The most commonly reported sensations experienced in connection with the OBE were falling, floating, repercussions (e.g. myoclonus - the jerking of limbs, jerking awake), sinking, numbness, intracranial sounds, tingling, clairvoyance, oscillation and serenity.

Another reported common sensation related to OBEs is temporary or projective catalepsy, a more common feature of sleep paralysis.
The Waterloo Unusual Sleep Experiences Questionnaire revealed a correlation between sleep paralysis and OBEs.

The sleep paralysis and OBE correlation was also corroborated by the OBE and Arousal study
pdf_small.gif
published in the scholarly journal Neurology by Dr. Kevin Nelson et al (2007).

Dr. Nelson is a Professor from the University of Kentucky whose study revealed that people who have OBEs are more likely to suffer from sleep paralysis. Dr. Nelson's study also revealed a correlation between people who have had an NDE and their above normal experience with REM intrusion.

However, in the humble opinion of the webmaster, Kevin Williams, Dr. Nelson is merely "putting the cart before the horse.”
People who are more apt to remember their dreams (which REM intrusion does) may also be more apt to remember an NDE.

Near-death studies have shown that some people have NDEs but don't remember them, as was discovered by the late Dr. Maurice Rawlings in his book, To Hell and Back
pdf_small.gif
(see also this website.)

Also, Dr. Nelson's conclusions have been challenged by NDE experts such as Dr. Jeffrey Long and Jan Holden
pdf_small.gif

William Buhlman (see also his website at www.astralinfo.org), an astral projector and author on the subject, has conducted an informative online survey as well.

Based on 16,185 responses, for example, he discovered that the most commonly reported phenomena associated with OBEs include: 98% experienced a jolt or jerk awake; 85% experienced sounds such as buzzing, humming or roaring; and 56% experienced vibrations or high energy sensations, to name just a few of the phenomena.

OBE-like experiences have been induced by stimulation of the brain - the posterior part of the right superior temporal gyrus in a patient (download this scholarly paper entitled Visualizing Out-of-Body Experience in the Brain .)

The term OBE-like experiences is used to refer to experiences described in such experiments because they either lacked some of the clarity or details of normal OBEs, or were described by subjects who had never experienced an OBE before.

Such subjects were therefore not qualified to make claims about the authenticity of the experimentally-induced OBE.

Research by Dr. Olaf Blanke in Switzerland found that it is possible to reliably elicit OBE-like experiences by stimulating regions of the brain called the right temporal-parietal junction (TPJ) which is a region where the temporal lobe and parietal lobe of the brain come together.

Blanke has explored the neural basis of OBE-like experiences by showing how they are reliably associated with lesions in the right TPJ region (download the scholarly article by Dr. Blanke entitled Out-Of-Body Experience and Autoscopy of Neurological Origin
pdf_small.gif
.)

But no such experiences were found by stimulating any other area of the brain suggesting the mental imagery of TPJ stimulation is of one's own body (download Linking OBE and Self Processing to Mental Own-Body Imagery at the Temporoparietal Junction
pdf_small.gif
by Dr. Blanke.)

Olaf Blanke's Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience has become a well-known laboratory for OBE research.

Dr. Michael Persinger has performed research similar to Olaf Blanke using magnetic stimulation (using the so-called "God Helmet") applied to the right temporal lobe of the brain and has discovered a telepathic link to OBEs in his laboratory (see also this article.)

This area of the brain is known to be involved in visuo-spatial functions, multi-sensory integration and the construction of the sense of the body in space. Persinger found evidence for objective neural differences between periods of remote viewing in two individuals believed to have psychic abilities.

Persinger undertook his research on Sean Harribance and Ingo Swann, a renowned remote viewer who has taken part in numerous studies (see this article The Neuropsychiatry of Paranormal Experiences.)

Examination of Harribance revealed enhanced EEG activity within his right parieto-occipital region which is consistent with evidence of early brain trauma in these regions.

In a second study, Ingo Swann was asked to draw images of pictures hidden in envelopes in another room.
Individuals with no knowledge of the nature of the study rated Swann's comments and drawings as identical to the remotely viewed stimulus at better than chance levels.

Additionally, on trials in which Swann was correct, the duration of electrical activity over the right occipital lobe was longer.
An MRI examination found anomalous white brain matter signals focused in the perieto-occipital interface of the right hemisphere that were not expected for his age or history.

The first clinical study of OBEs in the near-death experiences of cardiac arrest patients was by Dr. Pim van Lommel (see also www.pimvanlommel.nl) a cardiologist from the Netherlands, and his team (download the article Near-Death Experience in Survivors of Cardiac Arrest: A Prospective Study in the Netherlands
pdf_small.gif
, The Lancet, 2001).

Of 344 patients who were successfully resuscitated after suffering cardiac arrest, approximately 18% experienced classic NDEs which included out-of-body experiences.

The patients remembered details of their conditions during their cardiac arrest despite being clinically dead with flatlined brain stem activity (see the case of Pam Reynolds).

Van Lommel concluded his findings by supporting the theory that consciousness continues despite lack of neuronal activity in the brain.
Van Lommel conjectured that continuity of consciousness may be achievable if the brain acted as a receiver for the information generated by memories and consciousness, which existed independently of the brain, just as radio, television and internet information existed independently of the instruments that received it.

In the autumn of 2008, 25 hospitals in the UK and US began participating in a 3-year study called The AWARE (AWAreness during REsuscitation) Study which is coordinated by Dr. Sam Parnia and Southampton University.

Following up on from the research of Dr. Pim van Lommel in the Netherlands, the study aims to examine the OBEs of 1,500 cardiac arrest patients who had an NDE to determine whether people without a heartbeat or brain activity can have documentable OBEs.

The Monroe Institute (www.monroeinstitute.org) has the oldest and most established facility specializing in OBE induction.
It is called The Nancy Penn Center.

The International Academy of Consciousness (IAC) in southern Portugal features the Projectarium, a spherical structure dedicated exclusively for practice and research on OBEs.

Non-physical realms of existence and an associated astral body beyond the physical.
Evidence of an objective reality of an astral realm for projecting is sometimes suggested when people, such as patients during surgery, have an NDE and describe having OBEs in which they see or hear events or objects outside their sensory range - called "veridical NDEs" or "veridical OBEs.”

One case which is often cited is the veridical NDE of Pam Reynolds who reported experiencing an OBE during brain surgery and described a surgical instrument she had not seen previously, as well as conversation that occurred while she was under anesthesia.

The term "out-of-body experience" was introduced in 1943 by George N. M. Tyrrell in his book Apparitions, and was adopted by researchers such as Celia Green and Robert Monroe as an alternative to spiritualistic terms such as "astral projection," "soul travel," or "spirit walking.”

Researcher Waldo Vieira described the phenomenon as a projection of consciousness.
Astral projection can be induced by:

(a) OBE techniques,

(b) surgical operations,

(c) brain traumas,

(d) sensory deprivation,

(e) near-death experiences,

(f) dissociative and psychedelic drugs,

(g) dehydration,

(h) extreme stress,

(i) dreams,

(j) sleep paralysis,

(k)electrical stimulation of the brain, and

(l) forms of meditation among others.

Mainstream science, which knows little about the phenomenon, currently considers all OBEs to be merely hallucinations despite the growing evidence of

(a) veridical astral projections,

(b) veridical OBEs,

(c) veridical NDEs,

(d) veridical deathbed visions,

(e)veridical dreams,

(f) veridical after-death communications, and

(g) veridical apparitions of the dead, all of which suggests a "subtle body" (the astral body) exists which can detach itself from the physical body and visit distant locations.

Consciously controlled and pre-meditated astral projection methods have been well documented as this article has mentioned.

Mind Awake, Body Asleep" state is widely suggested as a cause of astral projection.
Thomas Edison used such techniques to tackle problems while working on his inventions.

He would rest a silver dollar on his head while sitting with a metal bucket in a chair.
As he drifted off, the coin would noisily fall into the bucket, restoring some of his alertness.

Salvador Dalà was said to use a method similar to Sylvan Muldoon's method to gain odd visions which inspired his paintings.
Deliberately teetering between awake and asleep states is known to cause spontaneous trance episodes such as those by Edgar Caye.

By moving deeper and deeper into relaxation, one eventually encounters a "slipping" feeling if the mind is still alert.
This slipping is reported to feel like leaving the physical body.

II. Method 2: Waking Up Mentally But Not Physically

This related technique is typically achieved through the practice of lucid dreaming.
Once inside a lucid dream, the dreamer either shifts the subject matter of the dream in an OBE direction or banishes the dream imagery completely, in doing so gaining access to the underlying state of sleep paralysis ideal for visualization of separation from the body.

III. Method 3: Deep Trance, Meditation and Visualization

The types of visualizations vary.
Some common imageries used include climbing a rope to "pull out" of one's body, floating out of one's body, getting shot out of a cannon, and other similar approaches.

This technique is considered hard to use for people who cannot properly relax.
One example of such a technique is the popular Golden Dawn "Body of Light" Technique.

Binaural beats can be used to induce specific brainwave frequencies, notably those predominant in various mind awake/body asleep states.
Binaural induction of a "body asleep" 4 Hertz brainwave frequency was observed as effective by the Monroe Institute, and some authors - such as William Buhlman and Robert Bruce - consider binaural beats to be significantly supportive of astral projection initiation when used in conjunction with other techniques.

Simultaneous introduction of "mind awake" beta frequencies (detectable in the brains of normal, relaxed awakened individuals) was also observed as helpful.

Another popular technology uses sinusoidal wave pulses to achieve similar results, and the drumming accompanying native American religious ceremonies is also believed to have heightened receptivity to "other worlds" through brainwave entrainment mechanisms.[34]

II. Method 5: Magnetic Stimulation of the Brain, as with "the God helmet" developed by Michael Persinger
III. Method 6: Direct Stimulation of the brain's vestibular cortex
IV. Method 7: Electrical Stimulation of the Brain: particularly the temporoparietal junction as researched by Dr. Olaf Blanke's study.
V. Method 8: Sensory Deprivation

The sensory deprivation method attempts to encourage intense disorientation by the removal of space and time references.
Flotation tanks or pink noise played through headphones are often employed for this purpose.

VI. Method 9: Sensory Overload: the opposite of sensory deprivation

The subject can for instance be rocked for a long time in a specially designed cradle, or submitted to light forms of torture, to cause the brain to shut itself off from all sensory input.

Both conditions tend to cause confusion and this disorientation often permits the subject to experience vivid, ethereal out-of-body experiences.

Ketamine, dextromethorphan (DM or DXM), and phencyclidine (PCP).
It has also been reported under the influence of tryptamine psychedelics including dimethyltryptamine (DMT) from Ayahuasca.

The plant Salvia divinorum has been known to produce symptoms in which the user is said to be able to leave his or her body and travel to many places at once.

Many users also claim that they feel as if their "soul" falls out of their body.

II. Method 11: Astral Projection Induced by Side Effects of Methamphetamine

Methamphetamine has also been known to initiate astral projections, not in itself but through lack of sleep.
It has been reported that it felt like the person was talking above and behind them and, being under the influence of the drug, had no idea what was happening.

III. Method 12: Astral Projection Induced by Galantamine

Galantamine is a nootropic that can increase the odds of success when using along with OBE or lucid dream induction techniques.

Ancient Egyptians were perhaps one of the first cultures to record beliefs about astral projection. Hieroglyphics in tombs display prayers which were to be said over the body of the deceased to guide the spirit on its way.

They believed that the soul (or "ba") was housed in a spirit body (the "ka") which is an exact replica of the physical body.
At death, these etheric bodies gave way to the "sahu" (the true spirit body) which would house the "ba" forever.

Egyptians believed the "ka" could leave the body during life.
They drew graphics of people sleeping with their "kas" floating above them which is very similar to the modern day descriptions of NDEs.

Tibetan Buddhists believe in the "bardo" body which can leave the physical body, not only at death; but while still alive and able to pass through physical matter.

The bardo body can be directed wherever by will.
Tibetan Buddhism and their "Tibetan Book of the Dead" (Bardo Thodol), is a description of the bardo realms the bardo body travels through upon death.

Ancient Greeks believed in a "double body," which housed the soul.
Plato believed the soul was freed upon death but could also leave the body during life, but when it did it perceived the physical world as dimly lit.

The Hebrew and Christian Bibles contains references to astral projection:

The Book of Ecclesiastes states:

"Remember him - before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well, and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it." (Ecclesiastes 12:6-7)

Paul's Second Epistle to the Corinthians is more generally agreed to refer to the astral planes:

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know - God knows. And I know that this man - whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows - was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell." (2 Corinthians 12:2-4)

According to classical, medieval and renaissance Neo-Platonism, Hermeticism, and later Rosicrucian and Theosophist thought, the astral body is an intermediate body of light linking the soul to the physical body while the astral plane is an intermediate world of light between heaven and Earth, composed of invisible astral realms which are physically represented by the planets.

These astral realms are believed to be populated by angels and spirits.
These concepts agree with the cosmology revealed by Edgar Cayce.

Astral bodies, and their associated planes of existence, form an essential part of the esoteric beliefs which deal with astral phenomena.
For example, in the Neo-Platonism of Plotinus, the body of an individual is a microcosm or fractal of the universe as a whole.

Often these astral bodies and their planes of existence are depicted as a series of concentric circles or nested spheres, with a separate body traversing each realm.

The idea of the astral world figured prominently in the work of the 19th century French occultist Eliphas Levi.
Afterward, it was adopted and developed further by Theosophy, and used afterwards by other esoteric movements.

Emanuel Swedenborg was one of the first practitioners to write extensively about astral projection.
French philosopher and novelist Honorà de Balzac's fictional work "Louis Lambert" suggests he may have had some astral experiences.[48]

There are many 20th century publications on astral projection, including those of Robert Monroe, Oliver Fox, Sylvan Muldoon and Hereward Carrington (as previously mentioned), and Yram.

Carl G. Jung, an NDE experiencer, saw the astral journey as a paradigm of "modern man's search for a soul", and pictured a collective unconscious memory, driven by archetypal forces and knowable in the symbolic language of dreams and visions.

Jung saw this archetypal world as, like the astral plane, an "objective psyche", extending in the world at large, bridging mind and matter.
Jung worked with physicist Wolfgang Pauli in an attempt to correlate quantum mechanics with the astral world
pdf_small.gif

In his book "Autobiography of a Yogi," the Indian yogi guru Paramhansa Yogananda (1893-1952) - himself a NDEr - provides details about the astral planes.

Yogananda reveals that nearly all individuals enter the astral planes after death.
There they work out the deeds of past karma through astral incarnations, or (if their karma requires) they return to Earthly incarnations for further refinement.

Once an individual has attained the meditative state of "Nirvana" in an earthy or astral incarnation, the soul may progress upward to the illumined astral world of Hiranyaloka.

After this transitionary stage, the soul may then move upward to the more subtle causal spheres where many incarnations allow them to further refine until final unification.

Astral projection author Robert Bruce describes the astral world as having seven astral planes separated by immensely colored "buffer zones”.
These astral planes contain endlessly repeating grid coordinates system grids that are tiled with a single signature pattern which is different for each plane.

Higher planes have bright, colorful patterns, whereas lower planes appear far duller.
Every detail of these patterns acts as a consistent portal to a different afterlife dimension inside the astral plane, which itself comprises many separate dimensions.

Other notable astral projectionists include William Buhlman, Robert Peterson, Bruce Moen and the former NASA Aeronautical Engineer Albert Taylor have written extensively about their theories and experiences in astral projection.

Dr. Raymond Moody, M.D., although not an astral projectionist, is thought of as "the father of the near-death experience" and has written a very popular book, Life after Life, on the subject of out-of-body travels associated with the dying.

Modern biologists, such as Rupert Sheldrake, influenced by Jungian ideas and by vitalism, have theorized the existence of organizing fields of life called "morphic fields" consisting of memories and drives.

Reactions: Wyote
Children as young as six have out of body experiences, and experts say they are crucial in developing character
By Editor on March 22, 2017 http://www.theeventchronicle.com/me...rts-say-crucial-developing-character/#respond

By Phoebe Weston

For centuries, people across the world have claimed to experience strange ‘out of body’ experiences.

And new research shows for the first time that these phenomena can happen to children as young as six.

Far from being something to fear, the new study indicates that this is an important part of young people developing their ‘sense of self’.

Children aged six to 10, as well as adults, took part in an experiment that created a full body illusion, causing them to dissociate themselves from their bodies.

The research, which is published in the journal Developmental Science shows that these virtual experiences are crucial in developing our ‘sense of self’.

The participants viewed their own ‘virtual’ bodies for two minutes through virtual reality goggles, while their backs were stroked.

The video images were fed to the goggles by a camera placed two metres behind them.

Seeing a touch on a virtual body while being touched at the same time created the illusion that one’s self is closer to the virtual body and further away from one’s own.

It also induces a stronger feeling of ownership for the virtual body, for example the feeling that the virtual body is ‘my body’.

The scientists found that six-year-olds reported sensations of identifying the virtual body as their own.

And children as young as eight even reported being able to feel touch on the virtual body.

As the effects on both self-identification and touch referral became stronger with age, the study suggests that the basic ‘sense of self’ develops significantly during childhood.

3E60925300000578-4324652-image-a-97_1489771795646-1.jpg

Children aged six to 10 years, as well as adults, took part in an experiment that created a full body illusion, causing them to dissociate themselves from their bodies. The participants viewed their own ‘virtual’ bodies for two minutes through virtual reality goggles​

The study was carried out by researchers from Anglia Ruskin, Durham University and Goldsmiths University.

Dr Dorothy Cowie, Assistant Professor at Durham University, said: ‘This study shows how powerful multisensory information is for children in understanding their own bodies.

‘It also provides a striking demonstration of protracted development in the sensory foundations of the bodily self.

‘As age increased, so too did the link between visual and touch synchronous, and self-identification with the virtual body.’

Most people who claim to have had an out-of-body experience have been close to sleep in a lucid-dream state, or following severe physical trauma where they have a near death experience.

Others claim to have had such experiences after taking hallucinogenic drugs or mushrooms.

Dr Jane Aspell, Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Anglia Ruskin University, said: ‘This study shows the promise of using virtual technologies with children.

‘For the first time we have been able to measure children’s presence in a virtual environment. The more presence you experience in a virtual reality situation, the more real it seems.

‘Through commercially available systems such as the Oculus Rift, there is now a greater opportunity to use virtual reality within education as well as computer games.

‘Recent work with adults has shown that virtual environments can be useful tools for helping with rehabilitation, therapies and understanding social interactions, for example in reducing implicit racial bias or simulating dangerous situations in a safe environment.’

Read more: doi.org/10.1111/…

This article (Children as young as six have out of body experiences) was originally published on WEBSITE and syndicated by The Event Chronicle.

http://www.theeventchronicle.com/me...ces-experts-say-crucial-developing-character/

I tried writing this post during an OBE session. It failed miserably. :)

The Healing Powers Of Cats
By Maggie May

wallpaper-kittens-background-scenery-christmas-walls-curious.jpg

There are many stories of animals as healers. Research shows that simply petting a cat or dog can lower your blood pressure. Therapy animals who visit nursing homes and hospices bring peace and joy to patients who may not have smiled in months.

There are stories of horses who help people heal emotional and psychological issues, stories about dogs who can somehow sense cancer in people, even before doctors can find it, and dogs who can tell when a person is about to have a seizure.

Cats as Healers
Research has even shown that the frequency of a cat’s purr can aid with healing of bones, tendons, ligaments, and muscles as well as provide pain relief. These healer kitties would work their magic in various ways:

• By curling up next to a recovering cat or dog

• By cuddling up to a worried client in the waiting room

• By comforting a staff member who had just assisted with a difficult case or a euthanasia

Cats seem to intuitively how to utilize the energy for their greatest good. They intuitively know where extra energy is needed and they also transmute the energy in the house in general.

Cats are sensitive to energies and have the ability to change negative energies into something peaceful and calming. Animals bring a spiritual component to healing as well. All cats do this to some degree.

While cats in particular have healing powers, research on pet companionship in general is also impressive. Research shows that people with pets:

• Need fewer visits to their doctor each year

• Have fewer sleeping difficulties

• Are less likely to need heart condition medicine

Cats May Reduce Heart Attack Risk By 40%
While studies reveal that both cats and dogs reduced stress-related blood pressure more than ace inhibitor medication, cats in particular may reduce your chances of a heart attack by 40%.

Those who did not have a cat had a 40% higher risk of having a heart attack and a 30% greater risk of dying from other heart diseases than those who have or have had a cat.

There’s certainly some mystery as to exactly how cats and dogs manage to be good for our health. But here are some key pointers about the healing power of cats:

• Stress symptoms are lowest in people with cats

• Purring heals

Every cat creates purr vibrations within the range that is medically therapeutic (20-140 Hz) for bone healing, pain relief, swelling reduction, wound healing, muscle repair, joint mobility and more.

• A pet reduces your risk of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cancer by about 33

• The longer you have pets, the less likely you are to develop lymphoma

• People with pets live longer (according to the Merck Veterinary Manual)

• Pets are good for your mental health

• Seniors had less depression and psychological distress if they had a pet

Animals - Connection To The Source
For me, animals have always been an easy way to help me connect with Source. Animals are so much closer to nature then we are, and as such, are much more closely connected with Spirit than most humans.

Simply observing an animal can instantly transport me into a state of alignment. Is there anything more peaceful than a sleeping cat? More joyful than a dog playing with his toys? Animals teach us to slow down. It’s during those quiet times when it’s usually easier to connect with our spiritual core.

Animals facilitate finding those times for us. They force us to take a break from our busy schedules. Taking a dog for a walk, playing with a cat, these are times when we are forced to step back from our endless to do lists and for a little while, we can allow ourselves to just enjoy the moment. And it’s during those moments that we are reminded of who we really are.

http://www.psychicsuniverse.com/articles/psychic-insight/health-healing/healing-powers-cats

Can there ever be too many cat posts?

Children as young as six have out of body experiences, and experts say they are crucial in developing character
By Editor on March 22, 2017

By Phoebe Weston

For centuries, people across the world have claimed to experience strange ‘out of body’ experiences.

And new research shows for the first time that these phenomena can happen to children as young as six.

Far from being something to fear, the new study indicates that this is an important part of young people developing their ‘sense of self’.

Children aged six to 10, as well as adults, took part in an experiment that created a full body illusion, causing them to dissociate themselves from their bodies.

The research, which is published in the journal Developmental Science shows that these virtual experiences are crucial in developing our ‘sense of self’.

The participants viewed their own ‘virtual’ bodies for two minutes through virtual reality goggles, while their backs were stroked.

The video images were fed to the goggles by a camera placed two metres behind them.

Seeing a touch on a virtual body while being touched at the same time created the illusion that one’s self is closer to the virtual body and further away from one’s own.

It also induces a stronger feeling of ownership for the virtual body, for example the feeling that the virtual body is ‘my body’.

The scientists found that six-year-olds reported sensations of identifying the virtual body as their own.

And children as young as eight even reported being able to feel touch on the virtual body.

As the effects on both self-identification and touch referral became stronger with age, the study suggests that the basic ‘sense of self’ develops significantly during childhood.

3E60925300000578-4324652-image-a-97_1489771795646-1.jpg

Children aged six to 10 years, as well as adults, took part in an experiment that created a full body illusion, causing them to dissociate themselves from their bodies. The participants viewed their own ‘virtual’ bodies for two minutes through virtual reality goggles​

The study was carried out by researchers from Anglia Ruskin, Durham University and Goldsmiths University.

Dr Dorothy Cowie, Assistant Professor at Durham University, said: ‘This study shows how powerful multisensory information is for children in understanding their own bodies.

‘It also provides a striking demonstration of protracted development in the sensory foundations of the bodily self.

‘As age increased, so too did the link between visual and touch synchronous, and self-identification with the virtual body.’

Most people who claim to have had an out-of-body experience have been close to sleep in a lucid-dream state, or following severe physical trauma where they have a near death experience.

Others claim to have had such experiences after taking hallucinogenic drugs or mushrooms.

Dr Jane Aspell, Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Anglia Ruskin University, said: ‘This study shows the promise of using virtual technologies with children.

‘For the first time we have been able to measure children’s presence in a virtual environment. The more presence you experience in a virtual reality situation, the more real it seems.

‘Through commercially available systems such as the Oculus Rift, there is now a greater opportunity to use virtual reality within education as well as computer games.

‘Recent work with adults has shown that virtual environments can be useful tools for helping with rehabilitation, therapies and understanding social interactions, for example in reducing implicit racial bias or simulating dangerous situations in a safe environment.’

Read more: doi.org/10.1111/…

This article (Children as young as six have out of body experiences) was originally published on WEBSITE and syndicated by The Event Chronicle.

http://www.theeventchronicle.com/me...ces-experts-say-crucial-developing-character/

I tried writing this post during an OBE session. It failed miserably. :)

Yes...I am mostly convinced now that I was having spontaneous OOBEs as a young child....but I also had a tormentor who would randomly appear to scare the shit out of me night after night.
Think a floating triangle of fire with no body, dark, black eyes...screaming bizarre words at you as it rushed toward you.
It wasn’t until I learned to run back to my body in my bed that I gained some control...then I was able to will myself back there...many, many times I would wake up with a total disconnect mentally from what was in my “dreams” (OOBE) and actual reality...because it was so realistic I would literally have something chasing me on my heals to jump in my bed and body only to sit up and still be able to feel this thing around me...but it was unable to effect me once awake.

If you are serious about having an experience then I can help guide you if you want?
I can at least get you to the vibrational stage....the rest is practice, practice, practice, imho.
Unless you want to smoke DMT and launch yourself into lord knows what dimension/realm/reality.
You really have to devote time every day to reaching an actual OOBE or at the very least a lucid dream.
I still find that a 4Hz binaural beat is very helpful...you have to find that place between your body being asleep and your mind being awake...then you have to not freak out when really bizarre shit starts to happen....it takes some practice to not let it break your trance state...it also takes practice to not just fall asleep.
Anyhow....let me know.
Glad to hear that your depression has lifted...don’t fear it returning...it very well might...just remember that it is temporary and just as you have found relief now, you will also then....the confidence that you can overcome it should keep it from ever gaining a strong foothold over you.

Astral Projection / Dreaming / Lucid Dreaming

300px-Oresme_Spheres_crop.jpg

It's my opinion that astral projection, dreaming and lucid dreaming are intertwined in the same locale.
The difference between dreams, projection and lucid dreaming is what is at the controls (the conscious mind or the subconscious mind).

Even if you get the vibrations and roll out of your physical body, you will end up "dreaming" very quickly if you don't know what you're doing.
People say, "I failed because I fell into a dream.”

Well, no you didn't, you just gave up conscious control to the subconscious mind which makes the experience totally different!
The subconscious mind has its own agenda and communication system.

Your conscious mind is concerned with the here and now.
Your subconscious mind is concerned with processing life events, working out soul lessons, attempting to bring past and future events into your consciousness, and a bevy of other things.

Subtle realm experiences, dream or otherwise, get "fantasy like" because again, a person has lost conscious control.
The same exact thing happens in the astral if you don't use clarity statements.

People just don't realize what the astral is like (during a conscious projection).
Yes, it can be as lucid and clear as the waking state, but you can slip into the Alice in Wonderland effect (subconscious control) faster than you can shake a stick!

In fact, control can be lost in less than a minute.
I have rolled out of my body, gotten half way down my stairs, totally lost conscious control, and slipped into fantasy land immediately.

Only through sheer will power, and constantly directing my focus towards my goal, am I able to maintain a lucid state.
Published astral projection author, William Buhlman, also states that clarity statements are a must for maintaining lucidity and control.

The astral is a malleable place where form follows thought, but don't just think it follows "conscious" thought.
It also follows subconscious thought.

Many an advanced projector, including the famous Robert Monroe, would marvel at how things would materialize (or that they would be transported to an event or place) quicker than they could form the desire consciously.

That is how fast and strong the subconscious works!

An example of an astral dream is if you are working on a lesson.
Many lessons cannot be worked out on the physical plane because you wouldn't be able to handle the issue over and over (or even once), whereas you can handle fairly severe scenarios in the astral.

For example, we assume all beings not recognizable, such as subtle plane entities, are "evil.”
If you dream of a freaky looking entity then you'll experience the fear emotion.

Fear is generally the first reaction, and often the only reaction, to this experience.
Time and time again I was afraid of what I didn't recognize, until I learned to give it a chance, and even send it love.

Only then did it morph into something I recognized and that is, the very same life energy that I was.
I doubt I'd find it all too pleasant to find some scary looking being in my bedroom at night in the physical, but I can endure it over and over in the astral.

It seems like a "crazy" dream, but it is your subconscious mind nudging you in the direction of total awareness and unconditional love.

Dreams can often come true.
A common name for a psychic of this sort is a "sleeping psychic.”

If we did nothing but remain in our bodies during sleep then this would not be possible.
People have even met their friends and loved ones in "dreams" and both parties remembered the experience.

In so called dreams, messages are given and futures told.

People write me in frustration that they can't consciously project.
Well, why not instead realize that you project every night and tackle it from a different viewpoint?

Why not learn lucid dreaming (or lucid projection) and bypass the whole nonsense of "vibrations and rollout?"

Remember, you project every night you sleep.
All we're doing here is trying to get conscious control of the subtle state.

Reactions: Littlelissa