Merkabah | Page 133 | INFJ Forum
Oh yes…of course you’re a badass…here I found you a new avatar -
Come_at_me_bro.jpg

Hehe.
Yesterday fucking sucked…my body was SO on edge and hyped up…my BP was normal but my pulse was racing and my heart was pounding…it was relentless.
It finally calmed down in the evening but it was terrible all day…it was hellish.
Today…feel fine…crazy.

People don’t understand satire…or sarcasm…people are dumb man…hehe. - In the Voice of Jake the Dog.

That sucks about your friend…is he okay now?
Without the ACA (Obamacare) passing the year before all this shit…I would have just had NO health insurance or care at all.
I probably would have shot myself…maybe.
But certainly without Sensiko, I would have been out on the street….our society has cut the social safety-nets that were already too small to shreds.

I think most people do understand satire, unless it's very subtle. The problem arises when someone doesn't trust where it comes from or want a reason to be angry at the source. Take Jeff Dunham. I don't see anything satirical in his show, just hate and ignorance. People will argue very differently and tell me that I "just don't get it". I do, but I find him disdainful and don't think he should be able to hide behind the defence "It's satire".

He's legs will never be the same, but he's past the worst of it. He gad to get wiring put all through his legs to give him mobility. So while he can walk, it means intense pain. Still, he's in a good place and has a lot of support which makes it a lot easier.

Well I'm glad you had someone when times were the hardest. I cut myself away from people when things were going rough for me, not a good decision. I'm lucky I didn't do something extreme during that period.

I think most people do understand satire, unless it's very subtle. The problem arises when someone doesn't trust where it comes from or want a reason to be angry at the source. Take Jeff Dunham. I don't see anything satirical in his show, just hate and ignorance. People will argue very differently and tell me that I "just don't get it". I do, but I find him disdainful and don't think he should be able to hide behind the defence "It's satire".

He's legs will never be the same, but he's past the worst of it. He gad to get wiring put all through his legs to give him mobility. So while he can walk, it means intense pain. Still, he's in a good place and has a lot of support which makes it a lot easier.

Well I'm glad you had someone when times were the hardest. I cut myself away from people when things were going rough for me, not a good decision. I'm lucky I didn't do something extreme during that period.

Been there done that extreme thing you were talking about.
(i.e. the suicide attempt at 19)
There were loved one’s all around me…and still I drove off that night.
Sometimes I wonder if I have actually succeeded in some past that I’ve had to re-live in order to get past that point…this has been what several suicide/near-death experiencers have said.
Because I did pass out…just wasn’t quite dead yet…only the passer-by saved me. I parked in such an innocuous spot too.
Totally random.

I’m glad you didn’t do anything regretful like I did…and I do regret it, but I think I really felt at that time, in order to live my life in a genuine way it would be so much more difficult…It hit me all at once and I felt overwhelmed and alone…misunderstood.
And it’s true, it has been fucking hard…but that is all subjective now that I can see things in retrospect…those weights I put on my shoulders were my own…still are my own.

I hope your friend continues to see improvement and pain loss! That was always so hard to see some young person come into the surgical suite just completely broken everywhere…their organs ruptured, limbs broken, brains damaged….usually for a stupid reason…or THEY were the one’s hit by the drunk.

More and more I am seeing crazy connections in almost everything…ideas on non-duality…that we are the bubbles of one grand consciousness at the very basic level.
Just as each bubble is an individual, with different sizes, different paths floating through the air, some pop sooner than others…we all emerged from the soup of soap in the bottle until some divine(?) or not, force helped us emerge to be separate but not really.
And somewhere along the line man stopped thinking of himself as part of a greater whole…their egos raged…and we end up with the societies and history we know today.

Here’s a crazy story for you.
My Son spent the night on Saturday, and at 9 when the Ghost Adventures show comes on, he promptly rolls his eyes and gets on the iPad (don’t lecture me about Ghost Adventures…I know it sucks…it’s fun for me, don’t ruin that.)…so he really doesn’t care nor believe in ghosts, at least this is what he tells me hehe.
Anyhow, that night I had a dream there was an evil spirit in the house my eyes were closed as I searched for it…but I could see it with my mind’s eye…it was like looking through a thin linen scarf around my eyes and I could see in multiple directions at once…I could feel it and as I pinpointed it I rose up off my feet in the hallway and began floating toward it, yelling - “Get the fuck out of my house, you have no right to be here, this house is off limits!” again and again…then all I can say is I blasted it with my mind really powerfully and pushed it through the outside wall.
Then I woke up, shaken up, drenched in sweat (like that other dream about the demons). It took a bit, but I fell back to sleep.
So the next mooring, my Son gets up and says - I woke up last night and heard you yelling, but when I opened the door (across the hall from mine, and I leave mine open) it stopped. He watched me sleep from the hall for a second…also keep in mind if I were yelling out loud, it would have woken Sensiko for sure. He says - As I was walking to the bathroom I saw a ball of light go past the kitchen.
I ask if it could have been a car light, or a flashlight even? No, it was in the room.
Seems too random on both ends to be a coincidence.
That kind of blew my mind…who was the light he saw…me or the ghost?

Last edited:
11156295_10153395293386840_7793015552639169965_n.jpg

All of the above...

The New Science of Consciousness, Rupert Spira

[video=youtube;jLt9Yy6FIvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jLt9Yy6FIvE[/video]

The experience of ‘being aware’, which knows itself in each one of us as the knowledge ‘I am’, is intimately one with all experience and yet, at the same time, free of the limitations of any particular experience.

It is the exclusive entanglement of our Self – the experience of ‘being aware’ or ‘aware being’ – with a collection of limited thoughts and feelings that is responsible for the loss of this intimacy and freedom.

All that is necessary for their recovery is to clearly see the qualities that are always and already present in our Self.

Artist and Non-duality Teacher Rupert Spira has been deeply interested in the nature of Reality from an early age.
For twenty years he studied the teachings of Ouspensky, Krishnamurti, Rumi, Shankaracharya, Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta and Robert Adams, until he met his teacher, Francis Lucille, twelve years ago.

Francis introduced Rupert to the teaching of Jean Klein, Parmenides, Wei Wu Wei and Atmananda Krishnamenon and, more importantly, directly indicated to him the true nature of experience.

He is author of The Transparency of Things and Presence, Volumes I and II (The Art of Peace and Happiness and The Intimacy of All Experience.)

I know you and KGal have mentioned the ringing in the ears thing some people are experiencing at the moment but i can't remember if you've covered the 'exploding head syndrome' that some people are experiencing?

It's where people are being woken up suddenly by loud noises

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

Exploding head syndrome (EHS) is a form of hypnagogic auditory hallucination and is a rare and relatively undocumented parasomnia event in which a person experiences a loud bang in their head similar to a bomb exploding, a clash of cymbals, ringing, an earthquake, or any other form of loud, indecipherable noise that seems to originate from inside the head.
This noise usually happens at the onset of sleep or within an hour or two of falling asleep, but is not necessarily the result of a dream.[SUP][1][/SUP] An episode can last from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. Most episodes occur just after falling asleep or just prior to waking up, and are not associated with occurring in any certain sleep stage. EHS is an uncommon, usually nocturnal parasomnia that arises from the transition between different sleep stages.[SUP][2][/SUP] Although the sound is perceived as extremely loud, it is usually not accompanied by pain. Attacks appear to change in number over time, with several attacks happening in a space of days or weeks, followed by months of remission. Sufferers often feel a sense of fear and anxiety before and after an attack, accompanied by elevated heart rate. Attacks may also be accompanied by perceived flashes of light (when perceived on their own, known as a "visual sleep start") or difficulty in breathing. The condition is also known as "auditory sleep starts." The associated symptoms are varied, but the benign nature of the condition is emphasized and neither extensive investigation nor treatment are indicated.[SUP][1][/SUP] Sufferers may experience an inability to vocalize any sound, or mild forms of sleep paralysis during an attack.

I know you and KGal have mentioned the ringing in the ears thing some people are experiencing at the moment but i can't remember if you've covered the 'exploding head syndrome' that some people are experiencing?

Exploding head syndrome (EHS) is a form of hypnagogic auditory hallucination and is a rare and relatively undocumented parasomnia event in which a person experiences a loud bang in their head similar to a bomb exploding, a clash of cymbals, ringing, an earthquake, or any other form of loud, indecipherable noise that seems to originate from inside the head.
This noise usually happens at the onset of sleep or within an hour or two of falling asleep, but is not necessarily the result of a dream.[SUP][1][/SUP] An episode can last from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. Most episodes occur just after falling asleep or just prior to waking up, and are not associated with occurring in any certain sleep stage. EHS is an uncommon, usually nocturnal parasomnia that arises from the transition between different sleep stages.[SUP][2][/SUP] Although the sound is perceived as extremely loud, it is usually not accompanied by pain. Attacks appear to change in number over time, with several attacks happening in a space of days or weeks, followed by months of remission. Sufferers often feel a sense of fear and anxiety before and after an attack, accompanied by elevated heart rate. Attacks may also be accompanied by perceived flashes of light (when perceived on their own, known as a "visual sleep start") or difficulty in breathing. The condition is also known as "auditory sleep starts." The associated symptoms are varied, but the benign nature of the condition is emphasized and neither extensive investigation nor treatment are indicated.[SUP][1][/SUP] Sufferers may experience an inability to vocalize any sound, or mild forms of sleep paralysis during an attack.

Yes there was an article somewhere back near the beginning of this giant blog/thread/info dump.
But thanks for bringing to attention again.
I have this happen to me maybe every other month…usually accompanied by electrical shock feelings…very scary at the moment and bizarre for sure!

Yes there was an article somewhere back near the beginning of this giant blog/thread/info dump.
I have this happen to me maybe every other month…usually accompanied by electrical shock feelings…very scary at the moment and bizarre for sure!

I wonder what it is

I'll request an answer from the cosmos and see what comes back!

I used to have this happen but it stopped. I now notice that I'm lacking some form of brain overload that I used to have. Almost like a white noise that you don't notice you're hearing until you don't hear it anymore.

I had a feeling you'd mentioned it

Weird. There are so many things that could be affecting us it's difficult to pin down

It could even be related to RF frequency stuff

I guess it would need people living in the same area to make a record each time it happens and then to compare notes and see if it occured to them at the same time

That would then point to a common external influence

The Moral Bucket List

12BROOKS-blog427.jpg

ABOUT once a month I run across a person who radiates an inner light.
These people can be in any walk of life.

They seem deeply good.
They listen well.

They make you feel funny and valued.
You often catch them looking after other people and as they do so their laugh is musical and their manner is infused with gratitude.

They are not thinking about what wonderful work they are doing.
They are not thinking about themselves at all.

When I meet such a person it brightens my whole day.
But I confess I often have a sadder thought: It occurs to me that I’ve achieved a decent level of career success, but I have not achieved that.

I have not achieved that generosity of spirit, or that depth of character.

A few years ago I realized that I wanted to be a bit more like those people.

I realized that if I wanted to do that I was going to have to work harder to save my own soul.
I was going to have to have the sort of moral adventures that produce that kind of goodness.

I was going to have to be better at balancing my life.

It occurred to me that there were two sets of virtues, the résumé virtues and the eulogy virtues.

The résumé virtues are the skills you bring to the marketplace.
The eulogy virtues are the ones that are talked about at your funeral – whether you were kind, brave, honest or faithful.

Were you capable of deep love?

We all know that the eulogy virtues are more important than the résumé ones.

But our culture and our educational systems spend more time teaching the skills and strategies you need for career success than the qualities you need to radiate that sort of inner light.

Many of us are clearer on how to build an external career than on how to build inner character.

But if you live for external achievement, years pass and the deepest parts of you go unexplored and unstructured.

You lack a moral vocabulary.
It is easy to slip into a self-satisfied moral mediocrity.

You grade yourself on a forgiving curve.
You figure as long as you are not obviously hurting anybody and people seem to like you, you must be O.K. But you live with an unconscious boredom, separated from the deepest meaning of life and the highest moral joys.

Gradually, a humiliating gap opens between your actual self and your desired self, between you and those incandescent souls you sometimes meet.

So a few years ago I set out to discover how those deeply good people got that way.
I didn’t know if I could follow their road to character (I’m a pundit, more or less paid to appear smarter and better than I really am).

But I at least wanted to know what the road looked like.

12BROOKSjp-blog427-v2.jpg

I came to the conclusion that wonderful people are made, not born – that the people I admired had achieved an unfakeable inner virtue, built slowly from specific moral and spiritual accomplishments.

If we wanted to be gimmicky, we could say these accomplishments amounted to a moral bucket list, the experiences one should have on the way toward the richest possible inner life.

Here, quickly, are some of them:

THE HUMILITY SHIFT

We live in the culture of the Big Me.
The meritocracy wants you to promote yourself.

Social media wants you to broadcast a highlight reel of your life.
Your parents and teachers were always telling you how wonderful you were.

But all the people I’ve ever deeply admired are profoundly honest about their own weaknesses.
They have identified their core sin, whether it is selfishness, the desperate need for approval, cowardice, hardheartedness or whatever.

They have traced how that core sin leads to the behavior that makes them feel ashamed.
They have achieved a profound humility, which has best been defined as an intense self-awareness from a position of other-centeredness.

SELF-DEFEAT

External success is achieved through competition with others.
But character is built during the confrontation with your own weakness.

Dwight Eisenhower, for example, realized early on that his core sin was his temper.
He developed a moderate, cheerful exterior because he knew he needed to project optimism and confidence to lead.

He did silly things to tame his anger.
He took the names of the people he hated, wrote them down on slips of paper and tore them up and threw them in the garbage.

Over a lifetime of self-confrontation, he developed a mature temperament.
He made himself strong in his weakest places.

THE DEPENDENCY LEAP

Many people give away the book “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” as a graduation gift.
This book suggests that life is an autonomous journey.

We master certain skills and experience adventures and certain challenges on our way to individual success.
This individualist worldview suggests that character is this little iron figure of willpower inside.

But people on the road to character understand that no person can achieve self-mastery on his or her own.
Individual will, reason and compassion are not strong enough to consistently defeat selfishness, pride and self-deception.

We all need redemptive assistance from outside.

People on this road see life as a process of commitment making.

Character is defined by how deeply rooted you are.
Have you developed deep connections that hold you up in times of challenge and push you toward the good?

In the realm of the intellect, a person of character has achieved a settled philosophy about fundamental things.
In the realm of emotion, she is embedded in a web of unconditional loves.

In the realm of action, she is committed to tasks that can’t be completed in a single lifetime.

ENERGIZING LOVE

Dorothy Day led a disorganized life when she was young: drinking, carousing, a suicide attempt or two, following her desires, unable to find direction.
But the birth of her daughter changed her.

She wrote of that birth, “If I had written the greatest book, composed the greatest symphony, painted the most beautiful painting or carved the most exquisite figure I could not have felt the more exalted creator than I did when they placed my child in my arms.”

That kind of love decenters the self.
It reminds you that your true riches are in another.

Most of all, this love electrifies.
It puts you in a state of need and makes it delightful to serve what you love.

Day’s love for her daughter spilled outward and upward.
As she wrote, “No human creature could receive or contain so vast a flood of love and joy as I often felt after the birth of my child. With this came the need to worship, to adore.”

She made unshakable commitments in all directions.
She became a Catholic, started a radical newspaper, opened settlement houses for the poor and lived among the poor, embracing shared poverty as a way to build community, to not only do good, but be good.

This gift of love overcame, sometimes, the natural self-centeredness all of us feel.

THE CALL WITHIN THE CALL

We all go into professions for many reasons: money, status, security.
But some people have experiences that turn a career into a calling.

These experiences quiet the self.
All that matters is living up to the standard of excellence inherent in their craft.

Frances Perkins was a young woman who was an activist for progressive causes at the start of the 20th century.
She was polite and a bit genteel.

But one day she stumbled across the Triangle Shirtwaist factory fire, and watched dozens of garment workers hurl themselves to their deaths rather than be burned alive.

That experience shamed her moral sense and purified her ambition.
It was her call within a call.

After that, she turned herself into an instrument for the cause of workers’ rights.
She was willing to work with anybody, compromise with anybody, push through hesitation.

She even changed her appearance so she could become a more effective instrument for the movement.
She became the first woman in a United States cabinet, under Franklin D. Roosevelt, and emerged as one of the great civic figures of the 20th century.

THE CONSCIENCE LEAP

In most lives there’s a moment when people strip away all the branding and status symbols, all the prestige that goes with having gone to a certain school or been born into a certain family.

They leap out beyond the utilitarian logic and crash through the barriers of their fears.

The novelist George Eliot (her real name was Mary Ann Evans) was a mess as a young woman, emotionally needy, falling for every man she met and being rejected.

Finally, in her mid-30s she met a guy named George Lewes.
Lewes was estranged from his wife, but legally he was married.

If Eliot went with Lewes she would be labeled an adulterer by society.
She’d lose her friends, be cut off by her family.

It took her a week to decide, but she went with Lewes. “Light and easily broken ties are what I neither desire theoretically nor could live for practically. Women who are satisfied with such ties do not act as I have done,” she wrote.

She chose well.
Her character stabilized.

Her capacity for empathetic understanding expanded.
She lived in a state of steady, devoted love with Lewes, the kind of second love that comes after a person is older, scarred a bit and enmeshed in responsibilities.

He served her and helped her become one of the greatest novelists of any age.
Together they turned neediness into constancy.

Commencement speakers are always telling young people to follow their passions.
Be true to yourself.

This is a vision of life that begins with self and ends with self.
But people on the road to inner light do not find their vocations by asking, what do I want from life?

They ask, what is life asking of me?
How can I match my intrinsic talent with one of the world’s deep needs?

Their lives often follow a pattern of defeat, recognition, redemption.
They have moments of pain and suffering.

But they turn those moments into occasions of radical self-understanding – by keeping a journal or making art.
As Paul Tillich put it, suffering introduces you to yourself and reminds you that you are not the person you thought you were.

The people on this road see the moments of suffering as pieces of a larger narrative.
They are not really living for happiness, as it is conventionally defined.

They see life as a moral drama and feel fulfilled only when they are enmeshed in a struggle on behalf of some ideal.

This is a philosophy for stumblers.

The stumbler scuffs through life, a little off balance.
But the stumbler faces her imperfect nature with unvarnished honesty, with the opposite of squeamishness.

Recognizing her limitations, the stumbler at least has a serious foe to overcome and transcend.
The stumbler has an outstretched arm, ready to receive and offer assistance.

Her friends are there for deep conversation, comfort and advice.

External ambitions are never satisfied because there’s always something more to achieve.

But the stumblers occasionally experience moments of joy.
There’s joy in freely chosen obedience to organizations, ideas and people.

There’s joy in mutual stumbling.
There’s an aesthetic joy we feel when we see morally good action, when we run across someone who is quiet and humble and good, when we see that however old we are, there’s lots to do ahead.

The stumbler doesn’t build her life by being better than others, but by being better than she used to be.
Unexpectedly, there are transcendent moments of deep tranquillity.

For most of their lives their inner and outer ambitions are strong and in balance.
But eventually, at moments of rare joy, career ambitions pause, the ego rests, the stumbler looks out at a picnic or dinner or a valley and is overwhelmed by a feeling of limitless gratitude, and an acceptance of the fact that life has treated her much better than she deserves.

Those are the people we want to be.

I had a feeling you'd mentioned it

Weird. There are so many things that could be affecting us it's difficult to pin down

It could even be related to RF frequency stuff

I guess it would need people living in the same area to make a record each time it happens and then to compare notes and see if it occured to them at the same time

That would then point to a common external influence

There is a moment as you are practicing out of body experiences when there is a barrier to cross where the hypnogogic hallucinations and auditory hallucinations can occur…or possibly they are real and our perception is only changing from one vibration to the next?

I used to have this happen but it stopped. I now notice that I'm lacking some form of brain overload that I used to have. Almost like a white noise that you don't notice you're hearing until you don't hear it anymore.
Mine are very much like getting an electrical shock along with a loud whooshing explosion in reverse type noise…hehe.

There is a moment as you are practicing out of body experiences when there is a barrier to cross where the hypnogogic hallucinations and auditory hallucinations can occur…or possibly they are real and our perception is only changing from one vibration to the next?

Yeah things can vibrate preliminary to astral projection

That vibrating state can be induced by drinking, eating and smoking hash simultaneously

Not sure exploding head is the same thing though

Yeah things can vibrate preliminary to astral projection

That vibrating state can be induced by drinking, eating and smoking hash simultaneously

Not sure exploding head is the same thing though
IMO it’s related as I don’t think that everyone necessarily is lucid or out of body when they sleep.
I think it’s a pre-mature jumping out before your consciousness is calm enough to relax into it.

I came over to say this topic was covered a while back and Skarekrow beat me to it.

Hmmm.... I have all sorts of ideas flitting through my mind while reading this.

This reminded me of the time I was drifting off to sleep - in that in between state - when I clearly heard the words "Commence Download" in my head. I snapped to full wakefulness and said "Whoa Whoa...what is happening here?!" and proceeded to have a long talk with my spirit animal guides at that time. This happened years ago and I never had that happen again. Now I know when it's happening and they walk me through it. I'm wondering what is happening to those individuals in the spirit realm - or 4th/5th frequency dimension - for them to hear those loud sounds. I'm thinking they are getting their own downloads of code just like all of the rest of us and they don't understand what's happening. Their Soul Family could be sending signals to wake them up and bring them online - so to speak. There are several galactic races represented down here in human form and each have their own protocol.

Which leads me to the anxiety reported before an attack. It was stated these usually occur after a person had gone to sleep. How would they know they were having anxiety before being woken up by a loud noise? Are they hooked up to an ekg machine (or whatever it's called these days to measure respiration and heart rate). Is there observation? Sound recordings of where they sleep? I mean I don't doubt what they are saying at all...but that is good science....yes?
Another thought which occurred is I am betting after one or two of those episodes they would naturally start anticipating weirdness while they were asleep and this would lead to anxiousness.

Skarekrow - your family is calling you. :w: Answer the damn phone.... Hahahahahahaha.

IMO it’s related as I don’t think that everyone necessarily is lucid or out of body when they sleep.
I think it’s a pre-mature jumping out before your consciousness is calm enough to relax into it.

Ok

That's interesting.

So you are linking this phenomena to lucid dreaming and OBE?

It is a snapping out of that state before it can get rolling?