Merkabah | Page 132 | INFJ Forum
Isn't this so coooool?!?!?

Great read. It's interesting where meaningful lessons can be found. Sometimes you spend months trying to understand something and the inspiration which leads to it can come from the most unlikely place. I don't really trust epiphanies and revelations. I often find these to be false, that they come from a desire for understanding, not as a result of it. It's the smaller, almost insignificant events in life where the most profound realizations arise.

I recently learned about the nature of detachment from an episode of Adventure Time. It's something I've struggled for a while to accept. I could only see becoming detached as a negative thing. As something that results from apathy or depression. How could one possibly become more caring or empathetic because of this. The episode (Astral Plane) helped me see an important perspective. It's not that there's no empathy for people, but it's that there's acceptance that which is out of control. People cannot be forced to change, things will not fit neatly simple because you will them to be. It doesn't mean you don't care or that you just give into nihilism. I feel like I'm kinda butchering the message here, just watch the episode.

Of course while I now understand it better, it doesn't mean I always practice it. As [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] said, it's damned hard.

Great read. It's interesting where meaningful lessons can be found. Sometimes you spend months trying to understand something and the inspiration which leads to it can come from the most unlikely place. I don't really trust epiphanies and revelations. I often find these to be false, that they come from a desire for understanding, not as a result of it. It's the smaller, almost insignificant events in life where the most profound realizations arise.

I recently learned about the nature of detachment from an episode of Adventure Time. It's something I've struggled for a while to accept. I could only see becoming detached as a negative thing. As something that results from apathy or depression. How could one possibly become more caring or empathetic because of this. The episode (Astral Plane) helped me see an important perspective. It's not that there's no empathy for people, but it's that there's acceptance that which is out of control. People cannot be forced to change, things will not fit neatly simple because you will them to be. It doesn't mean you don't care or that you just give into nihilism. I feel like I'm kinda butchering the message here, just watch the episode.

Of course while I now understand it better, it doesn't mean I always practice it. As @Skarekrow said, it's damned hard.

I saw that one!!
Adventure Time rocks in so many ways…Marceline is my fav. because I could so picture @Sensiko as her…same features, just as a color vamp….hehe. (She even plays the electric guitar!)

I have had to accept the things I have no control over…but I still need to remind myself frequently when I get frustrated or reach down to get something and it is slow and painful as fuck.
I say - you’re doing the best you can right now…soon you will be stronger.
And that is the truth of it…I am trying really hard right now to get better…trying to move, to eat, to heal, to relax…I stop and center myself like 100 times a day.
I figure, the more often I realize I need to do this the more of a healthy habit it will become and hopefully, eventually, it will become an unconscious thing.
My Doctor agreed…Dr. Hart…he’s a DO which is an MD only with a more holistic approach…he’s getting up there in age and I worry he will retire soon!
He’s what I would call a Gentleman Doctor…such an awesome guy…boy does he know his shit.
Anyhow, he said that is re-training my brain…along with my listening to music and singing all day, which is very stimulating to your Dopamine receptors.
Okay…wandered off there.

Same thing when driving and I get frustrated at the person in front of me…I say the same thing…they are only doing the best they can with the way their life turned out…and if I still get angry I try to picture my Mom driving instead of them and that usually snaps me out of it.

It’s applying it to our own selves that is more tricky…amazingly difficult sometimes.
I get there…it takes some effort some days…but it’s attainable thank god.

I saw that one!!
Adventure Time rocks in so many ways…Marceline is my fav. because I could so picture @Sensiko as her…same features, just as a color vamp….hehe. (She even plays the electric guitar!)

I have had to accept the things I have no control over…but I still need to remind myself frequently when I get frustrated or reach down to get something and it is slow and painful as fuck.
I say - you’re doing the best you can right now…soon you will be stronger.
And that is the truth of it…I am trying really hard right now to get better…trying to move, to eat, to heal, to relax…I stop and center myself like 100 times a day.
I figure, the more often I realize I need to do this the more of a healthy habit it will become and hopefully, eventually, it will become an unconscious thing.
My Doctor agreed…Dr. Hart…he’s a DO which is an MD only with a more holistic approach…he’s getting up there in age and I worry he will retire soon!
He’s what I would call a Gentleman Doctor…such an awesome guy…boy does he know his shit.
Anyhow, he said that is re-training my brain…along with my listening to music and singing all day, which is very stimulating to your Dopamine receptors.
Okay…wandered off there.

Same thing when driving and I get frustrated at the person in front of me…I say the same thing…they are only doing the best they can with the way their life turned out…and if I still get angry I try to picture my Mom driving instead of them and that usually snaps me out of it.

It’s applying it to our own selves that is more tricky…amazingly difficult sometimes.
I get there…it takes some effort some days…but it’s attainable thank god.

It really does. I have to say in recent shows I've come to like Finn more and more. The person he's becoming is really interesting. There's a big difference in the way he confronts problems compared to the first few seasons. This was really highlighted in The Visitor where Finn confronts his father. Despite Martin being a pathological liar and a manipulative user, Finn didn't get angry or sad, but accepts who his father is. He knew he couldn't change him and decided to kick a toxic influence out of his life.

Yeah, it's not easy. Even when you understand that lesson, embracing it is difficult. As kgal said, we're like Velcro to fear. Worse, we like to hold on to that fear and anger. Makes it easier not to address and heal the pain.

I didn't know much about osteopaths till you mentioned them. I've been thinking about changing doctors as my old one moved to Dubai and his replacement isn't particularly good at what he does. I might try looking for a D.O.

It really does. I have to say in recent shows I've come to like Finn more and more. The person he's becoming is really interesting. There's a big difference in the way he confronts problems compared to the first few seasons. This was really highlighted in The Visitor where Finn confronts his father. Despite Martin being a pathological liar and a manipulative user, Finn didn't get angry or sad, but accepts who his father is. He knew he couldn't change him and decided to kick a toxic influence out of his life.

Yeah, it's not easy. Even when you understand that lesson, embracing it is difficult. As kgal said, we're like Velcro to fear. Worse, we like to hold on to that fear and anger. Makes it easier not to address and heal the pain.

I didn't know much about osteopaths till you mentioned them. I've been thinking about changing doctors as my old one moved to Dubai and his replacement isn't particularly good at what he does. I might try looking for a D.O.

Both of my main Doctors, my general practitioner and my pain Doc are DOs.
If you can find one, I have found that they are way more personable, more holistic, less dismissive, and seem to be more knowledgable overall.

Yeah…I need to take a step back from the negativity in my life, at least for a few days…even the muscles in my chest walls are tense and in knots…it’s totally unconscious that this tension is even building up…I keep finding my shoulders shrugged or just tense in place.
Gotta step away from my interest in the political landscape as it just angers or saddens me.
Even while healing, I am trying to do too much mentally and the emotional aspect follows.
I can feel it wreaking havoc with my BP sometimes.
The mind/body connection is very powerful!

I look at my body as my enemy so often…and even now it makes me upset and tear up to think about it…yet, it’s so hard to break from that thinking pattern.
I am trying so hard.

I just need a little relief.
It all builds up and then crushes me under the weight.

So…no more negative things today, tomorrow, the next couple weeks maybe if I can pull it off.
Music, light, love, positivity, and healing.
This and this alone.

Isn’t Adventure Time a captivating show?!
Not only are the stories interesting, but the jokes are hilarious, the music is fantastic, and the characters are engaging.
Someone should do their Philosophy thesis on it…that would rock….hehe.

How are you doing?
How is Ireland treating you?

I really enjoyed this meditation.
It helped me!
Enjoy!

[video=youtube;_jD3VxSGM-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_jD3VxSGM-k[/video]​

Sending love to all my friends who follow this thread, even those just visiting.

3508900.jpg

Here’s basically what the view of Mt. St. Helens looks like from my backyard.
(I’m just a tad bit further away)

Reactions: Free Mind
This is awesome!!
Hehe.

One-On-One Interview With God

[video=youtube;Vo1IwmaUz90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Vo1IwmaUz90[/video]​

Reactions: Kgal
Both of my main Doctors, my general practitioner and my pain Doc are DOs.
If you can find one, I have found that they are way more personable, more holistic, less dismissive, and seem to be more knowledgable overall.

Yeah…I need to take a step back from the negativity in my life, at least for a few days…even the muscles in my chest walls are tense and in knots…it’s totally unconscious that this tension is even building up…I keep finding my shoulders shrugged or just tense in place.
Gotta step away from my interest in the political landscape as it just angers or saddens me.
Even while healing, I am trying to do too much mentally and the emotional aspect follows.
I can feel it wreaking havoc with my BP sometimes.
The mind/body connection is very powerful!

I look at my body as my enemy so often…and even now it makes me upset and tear up to think about it…yet, it’s so hard to break from that thinking pattern.
I am trying so hard.

I just need a little relief.
It all builds up and then crushes me under the weight.

So…no more negative things today, tomorrow, the next couple weeks maybe if I can pull it off.
Music, light, love, positivity, and healing.
This and this alone.

Isn’t Adventure Time a captivating show?!
Not only are the stories interesting, but the jokes are hilarious, the music is fantastic, and the characters are engaging.
Someone should do their Philosophy thesis on it…that would rock….hehe.

How are you doing?
How is Ireland treating you?

I've looked around and there seems to be a few in my area. I did meet a doctor who was very like that at the ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) and found her far more interested and personable than most doctors I've met. I might give it a try.

I hope that works for you. I hope the positive can fend off then negative. Keep strong man.

I imagine someone already has. A friend of mine said that the show is for old weirdos. So I'm sure there's a few old weirdos out there who've written about it.

I'm good. Took a long time, but I'm in a good place at the moment. No longer holding onto all the pain and anger. No longer blaming myself or others for where my life is. Was waiting for so long for more trauma and pain to enter my life, I began to use it as an excuse. Couldn't see beyond it. I think of the person I was these last few years and I feel sorry for him. He was very lost and didn't even know it. I'm glad I found this place. Was a positive influence in my life. I know it can be toxic, but I think you draw that to yourself. You find if you're looking for it. I didn't I found you and kgal and sprinkles and many others. All who helped me find a way out of the mire I was in. So thanks for that.

I've looked around and there seems to be a few in my area. I did meet a doctor who was very like that at the ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) and found her far more interested and personable than most doctors I've met. I might give it a try.

I hope that works for you. I hope the positive can fend off then negative. Keep strong man.

I imagine someone already has. A friend of mine said that the show is for old weirdos. So I'm sure there's a few old weirdos out there who've written about it.

I'm good. Took a long time, but I'm in a good place at the moment. No longer holding onto all the pain and anger. No longer blaming myself or others for where my life is. Was waiting for so long for more trauma and pain to enter my life, I began to use it as an excuse. Couldn't see beyond it. I think of the person I was these last few years and I feel sorry for him. He was very lost and didn't even know it. I'm glad I found this place. Was a positive influence in my life. I know it can be toxic, but I think you draw that to yourself. You find if you're looking for it. I didn't I found you and kgal and sprinkles and many others. All who helped me find a way out of the mire I was in. So thanks for that.

Not sure what I did, but I’m glad that I could be there for you!
I think you are a very intelligent guy with a quick wit…I appreciate sarcasm, and you get mine!
But, I can tell you are also a very soft-hearted and kind person.
Glad to call you a friend.

The last few years were tough for me as well…as my arthritis and pain got worse and worse I got more and more stressed…to keep my job, to be a good provider, to not let the pain interfere while playing with my Son…to not let it interfere with simple bullshit or my love life…and I found myself failing.
It was like watching a slow-motion car crash with me in the car.
The insurance I had through the hospital denied and denied the treatment that my Doctors tried to prescribe to me, because it was too expensive for them…and so I eventually reached my breaking point…I lost it all.

But I’m okay with that now.
It had to happen.
I’m in a far better place now despite the health issues.
Not angry at the hospital…it just is how it is and dwelling in the past won’t make things better now.

You, along with so many others on here have helped me immensely!
It’s quite easy to be apathetic to the problems and difficulties of people over the internet…even here on the forum…we all have crap going on in our lives.
Thank you (and all the others)…for not being apathetic when I really needed some positive support.

OMG…you gotta read this piece about Adventure Time that I found…I thought it was serious at first but alas…no…it is nonetheless fucking hilarious to read!
http://christwire.org/2012/04/is-ad...-to-lsd-homosexuality-and-the-rave-lifestyle/

Yeah…normally, that kind of negativity doesn’t bother me…but I’m feeling hypersensitive to it right now…just need to avoid it altogether for a little while.
Curious to hear what happens with the DO…hope it works out for you!

Last edited:
20 Thoughts To Help Relieve Anxiety and Depression
Screen-shot-2012-12-09-at-6.08.02-PM.png

“Our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as being able to remake ourselves.”~Gandhi

For a majority of my life, I struggled with depression and anxiety.
I’d sometimes go for weeks without leaving my house or communicating with friends and family.

Like most people, my mind would race a mile a minute with depressive and anxious thoughts:
“Why couldn’t my life be better?”
“Everyone else has more fun and a better life than me.”
“I should be like this or that.”
“If only I had a little more money…”

Then, my world collapsed. I lost my job, my girlfriend, and a large chunk of friends, all at once.
The questions and doubts crept in and kept swirling around my head for months. I was in a complete tailspin.

I was on the verge of breakthrough though; I just didn’t know it at the time.
One day, I decided I’d had enough.
I put on my imaginary lab coat and got scientific.

I dissected what was triggering my depression and concluded that a major contributing factor was my inner voice.

I had to change it somehow.
I needed to reorient my thoughts to be more positive.

I tried a bunch of different things: reading books, going to see motivational speakers, talking with friends and family, exercising, taking vitamins, everything except drugs.

But nothing worked.
In most cases, they made me feel worse.

I just couldn’t shake it.
I needed something else.

I decided to fight fire with fire.
Whenever I felt myself slipping deeper into this funk, I’d write down reasons why I shouldn’t feel that way.

And guess what?
To my surprise, it worked.

Really well, actually!
Now, if I feel myself slipping, I think the following 20 thoughts to help me avoid falling into a funk.

I hope they help you as well.

Please note that depression and anxiety isn’t something you can just talk yourself out of.
While it helped me, this might not be the case for you.

This is definitely not a substitute for professional help.

1. In order to have good things, there must be bad things.

Without one, the other couldn’t exist.
So instead of lamenting the bad and celebrating the good, celebrate both.
Celebrate the bad because it will eventually be good.
And celebrate the good before it goes bad.

2. You’ll never be perfect–just like everyone else.

3. People are mean or angry or sad because they need to be at that time.

Just like a lightning bolt, it seems very intense and like it’ll last forever, but it’s only temporary.

4. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

You don’t ever want to find out what that’s like.
Eventually, it’ll go full circle and turn into something bad.

5. You can’t control everything and everyone.

So why bother trying?
Just flow with it.
You can’t change the way things happen, but you can change your reaction to them.

6. Money and wealth are not the same.

Money can only buy stuff.
Wealth is something money can’t buy.
Money is fine jewelry and nice cars.
Wealth is a full belly and a house full of loved ones.

7. You’re exactly where you are right now because that’s where you need to be.

You’ll only understand why in hindsight.

8. You don’t want or need to know the future.

Have you ever played a game with an inferior opponent?
After a while, it’s obvious that you’re going to win every time.
Then you stop playing.
The same would be true if you knew the future.
The fun is in the not knowing.
Embrace it!
Let life surprise you!

9. No one will remember the little flub you made in the office or at home earlier.

If no one else is beating you up about it, why should you?

10. Life doesn’t assault you or throw curve balls at you; you get what you give.

Think you deserve better?
Give better.

11. If you don’t like someone or they don’t like you it’s because you each see yourself in them.

12. Right now, at this instant, you have everything you need to be happy: Air in your lungs, blood in your veins, and lips to smile with.

13. When things break and need mending, it gives us something to do.

14. Everyone makes mistakes.

Even people you perceive to be perfect.
They’re the furthest from it.

15. Success has no standard definition.

The beautiful thing is you get to define it for yourself.

16. Life is very simple.

We just insist on complicating it.

17. You don’t need something to be happy. You need someone–and that someone is you.

18. Just like you look up to someone, someone out there looks up to you. Act accordingly.

19. There’s a lesson hidden in everything.

You just have to find it.

20. Other people have had your problems before and managed to overcome them. You can too.

I hope this helps you on your journey to becoming a more positive, whole person.
Something as simple as writing down your thoughts can have a major impact on your life.

It did for me.

Navy Research Project on Intuition

ONR_red_blue_150dpi.jpg

Human relations, cooperation, persuasion could be enhanced

The U.S. Navy’s Office of Naval Research (ONR) has begun a four-year project to identify, understand and use “intuitive decision-making” and what is being termed “implicit learning.”

Can this type of research enhance human relations across cultures?
There seem to be indications that such training and skills could impact a wide range of U.S. efforts.

Based on other formal research and anecdotal reports over the years, the ONR study, called “Enhancing Intuitive Decision Making Through Implicit Learning,” will attempt to determine how rapid or apparently spontaneous intuitive impressions can be used by military personnel and others.

Often referred to as “gut instincts,” “hunches” and the “sixth sense,” scientific research indicates that these can be legitimate sources of accurate information and understanding. Intuition may be simply acquiring and processing information in different ways, researchers indicate.

Valid impressions can be arrived at via various kinds of information coming to us through normal sensory perception, absorption of past training and experience, our unconscious minds, our bodies and even somewhat mysterious areas of quantum physics, according to some research.

When these potential sources of information and understanding are used (often in combination) military personnel may be better-prepared to quickly integrate and process information, gain improved “situation awareness” and make rapid, effective decisions, ONR and other researchers point out.

LARGER IMPLICATIONS

According to a June 2014 article in the Navy Times, Marine Corps Times, Army Times and Air Force Times (Gannett Company Military Times publications), “the new four-year, $3.85 million program to explore the phenomenon is a joint effort among ONR, DSCI Mesh Solutions, Charles River Analytics, Defense Group Inc., Northwestern University, University of California-Los Angeles and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.”

In a March 2014 media release from the ONR, more details about the new project were explained.
“ONR has embarked on a four-year basic research program to enhance intuitive decision making through implicit learning. A team of scientists will study factors such as memory and perception to better understand how decisions are made and whether there are ways to improve premonition through training,” according to the press release which was also posted on the Navy News Service website.

The media release quoted Lt. Cmdr. Brent Olde, ONR Warfighter Performance Department's division deputy for human and bio-engineered systems: “A seasoned warfighter develops a gut instinct through experience.”

Olde was also quoted as explaining, “If we can characterize this intuitive decision-making process and model it, then the hope is to accelerate the acquisition of these skills through simulation and scenarios; thus, providing our sailors and Marines with years of experience in a matter of days and greatly improving their ability to make split-second decisions.”

Also included in the ONR press release were statements from Dr. Peter Squire, program officer for human performance, training and education in ONR’s Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare and Combating Terrorism Department.

Squire said, “Ultimately, this is about sailors and Marines being able to harness their gut instincts in situations where they need to act quickly. But first, we have to understand what gives rise to this so-called ‘sixth sense.’Can we model it? Is there a way to improve it through training?”

The article published in the Military Times also reported additional comments by Squire about stories of troops in combat who took actions based on intuitive-type perceptions: “These are quick decisions made unconsciously. Troops can’t tell you what made them stop or act, but we believe something different in what is usually a regular environment triggered a reaction.”

“At ONR, we push science to support our warfighters, to make sure they are equipped for a fair fight. But this also has implications for society at large,” Squire was quoted as saying.

The Military Times article included the following: “According to Squire, if the researchers understand the process, there may be ways to accelerate it — and possibly spread the powers of intuition throughout military units. The research could have applicability well beyond the military.”

The same article summarized the critical importance of these kinds of perceptions.
“Troops often return from patrols with stories of how they survived intact through some hairy situation because they had a premonition something was amiss.”

PREVIOUS RESEARCH

In recent years the U.S. Army has also initiated research into hunches and intuition.
Those studies found that two kinds of American troops in combat areas seemed to be better able to detect hidden improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

One type included those troops raised in rural areas in a natural environment and who were involved in hunting and similar activities.
They seemed to have better instincts and were possibly more alert about dangers around them.

The other category was the Army soldier or Marine who grew up in tough urban settings where they had to be aware of danger from crime and assault.
This type of research is not new.

Universities and previous defense-related research going back to the 1970s explored and utilized unconventional, alternative and complementary kinds of perception that humans are believed to possess naturally, and can be enhanced through training.

Directly related to this research, several years ago a former Navy SEAL officer developed the concept of “transcendent warfare” that he explored in a graduate-level research paper for the Marine Corps War College.

The transcendent warfare model involves learning more about new discoveries related to human perception and using that knowledge in appropriately robust ways.
The ONR research project also appears to dovetail with transcendent warfare ideas.

The validity of different (though complementary) modes of human perception, and processing those perceptions, appears to be well-established by much previous research.
The new ONR project reportedly attempts to further explore these abilities and add to existing training and education efforts about them.

By leveraging this type of research to enhance social and cultural skills, U.S. personnel could add a potentially powerful element to our toolbox to help ensure mission success.

- See more at: http://www.cultureready.org/blog/navy-research-project-intuition#sthash.nNyk5S7f.dpuf

Reactions: John K
Sending love to all my friends who follow this thread, even those just visiting.

3508900.jpg

Here’s basically what the view of Mt. St. Helens looks like from my backyard.
(I’m just a tad bit further away)

<3 Beautiful pic! You're lucky to live near such a lovely sight.

So if people don’t like this thread then don’t read it.
No need to thread-shit with the thumbs-down.
I know it doesn’t appeal to everyone.
Let’s not be childish.

Spiritual Insights Into The Interpretation of Mass, Space and Time
Catherine Pepin

[video=youtube;MWwIGfNt3GA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;list=PL461DnK98-k1XZcurPquUkbx_fvKLopg0&amp;v=MWwIGfNt3GA[/video]

As above, so below—said Hermes Trismegistus.
In physics, perception is limited towards the infinitesimally small by the Planck scale defined by the Heisenberg inequalities; towards the infinitely big by the speed of light and the theory of relativity.
In between those two scales lies our material world, of observable objects, subject to the laws of causality and to the tyranny of Time.

Sages and mystics of all time, on the other hand, have hinted at the observation that notime is present in meditation.
At first sight we could believe that causality has just simply evaporated, and that the non-dual world is non-causal.
In this presentation we will see that a more beautiful hypothesis leads us to envision that in meditation, causality has become instantaneous, not a-causal.
In this framework the non-dual world is super-causal rather than non-causal.
This assumption will lead us to reconsider the notions of mass, space and time from a spiritual perspective.

CATHERINE PÉPIN, PH.D.
Theoretical Physicist, Institute of Theoretical Physics, Saclay, France
In 2005, she received a strong spiritual call which told her that in addition to the wonders of Scientific endeavour, there is an unmistakable Otherness, a presence impalpable to the mind.
She was exposed to a number of spiritual teachings and experiences, starting in June 2006 with the meeting of late Stephen Jourdain'.
In 2007, she went through a Shamanic initiation involving Iboga and Ayahuasca, the African and South Amazon sacred plants known to open doors of the Spirit.
She also joined Andrew Cohen and his teaching on Evolutionary Enlightenment, for several years.
Today, she is developing her own path, and is convinced that the spiritual call she received in 2005, while she was still a fundamentally materialistic scientist, was not an accident .
It was an experience of a universal longing in the human Soul for a deep and uncompromising re-union of Science and Spirit.

Not sure what I did, but I’m glad that I could be there for you!
I think you are a very intelligent guy with a quick wit…I appreciate sarcasm, and you get mine!
But, I can tell you are also a very soft-hearted and kind person.
Glad to call you a friend.

The last few years were tough for me as well…as my arthritis and pain got worse and worse I got more and more stressed…to keep my job, to be a good provider, to not let the pain interfere while playing with my Son…to not let it interfere with simple bullshit or my love life…and I found myself failing.
It was like watching a slow-motion car crash with me in the car.
The insurance I had through the hospital denied and denied the treatment that my Doctors tried to prescribe to me, because it was too expensive for them…and so I eventually reached my breaking point…I lost it all.

But I’m okay with that now.
It had to happen.
I’m in a far better place now despite the health issues.
Not angry at the hospital…it just is how it is and dwelling in the past won’t make things better now.

You, along with so many others on here have helped me immensely!
It’s quite easy to be apathetic to the problems and difficulties of people over the internet…even here on the forum…we all have crap going on in our lives.
Thank you (and all the others)…for not being apathetic when I really needed some positive support.

OMG…you gotta read this piece about Adventure Time that I found…I thought it was serious at first but alas…no…it is nonetheless fucking hilarious to read!
http://christwire.org/2012/04/is-ad...-to-lsd-homosexuality-and-the-rave-lifestyle/

Yeah…normally, that kind of negativity doesn’t bother me…but I’m feeling hypersensitive to it right now…just need to avoid it altogether for a little while.
Curious to hear what happens with the DO…hope it works out for you!

It's just having positive influences around me. It helps you grow as a person. I was pretty intolerant at one point in my life, could have stayed that way without people like you.
One thing though, you ever suggest I'm anything but a stone cold sonnabitch and I'll gut you like a fish

That could not have been easy. I'm glad you've found some measure of peace with it. I have a friend who was in a car crash a few years back. Both legs were destroyed and took years of surgery and therapy before he was back on his feet. He was in constant pain and almost went bankrupt because of what happened. The difference is that he didn't have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for health care. So his family didn't end up destitute. I know we complain a lot about the health industry over here, but we've got it a hell of a lot better than you do.

Well I'm not sure what I did either, but I'm grateful it helped. Very true, it goes to prove that not everyone acts like dipshits on line. Some of the most important relationships in my life happened on the web. People who were weird and had incredibly fucked up thoughts, but were at peace with who they were. Made me feel more normal.

Are you sure? It reads like a joke, but some of those replies were very nasty and definitely not meant to be satire. Though I did like what one guy had to say:

Just saiyan... the show that is described here sounds awesome, i mean adventure time is cool and all, but schizophrenic, homoerotic LSD orgies with new fetishes every episode? thats sounds like my kinda show!

I actually came across a woman in the street rapping about Jesus. Now she didn't call him her nigga, but it was cringeworthy all the same.

Reactions: Skarekrow
11053154_876970982348475_3296692139057805996_n.jpg

Was Buddha Just a Nice Guy?
Dean Radin

[video=youtube;8eJkFh1-5Yw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=8eJkFh1-5Yw[/video]

Did Buddha's teachings survive and thrive because he was more attractive or charismatic than most, or because he was a great teacher and a tireless advocate of the poor?
Or– and here's the core question I'll explore in detail– was it because he was an enlightened being with profound insights into the nature of Reality, and because he possessed supernormal abilities?
We might ask the same questions about Jesus, Moses, Mohammed, Milarepa, or a host of other historically prominent figures associated with special illumination, wisdom, or grace.
Did these people just sport great tans and know how to work a crowd, or did they understand something genuinely deep about the human condition, about consciousness, and about our capacities, that are not yet within the purview of science?

Asking such questions about revered religious icons is asking for trouble, so we may consider a more contemporary figure.
The Dalai Lama regularly hosts discussions between scientists and Buddhist scholars as part of an ongoing series of dialogs sponsored by the Mind and Life Institute.
Do the scientists who compete for a coveted slot at one of those celebrated meetings secretly believe that the Dalai Lama is a backwards country bumpkin, and they're just humoring him long enough to get their photo taken with a famous Nobel Laureate so they can post it on their Facebook page?
Or does the Dalai Lama know something that science ignores publicly but is fascinated by privately?

This presentation will offer answers to these questions based not on opinion, but on analysis of decades of experimental data collected in dozens of laboratories around the world,and regularly published in scientific journals.

DEAN RADIN, PH.D
Senior Scientist at the IONS

Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) and Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Psychology at Sonoma State University.
His original career track as a concert violinist shifted into science after earning a BSEE degree in electrical engineering, magna cum laude with honors in physics, from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and then an MS in electrical engineering and a PhD in psychology from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
For a decade he worked on advanced telecommunications R&D at AT&T Bell Laboratories and GTE Laboratories.
For over two decades he has been engaged in consciousness research.
Before joining the research staff at IONS in 2001, he held appointments at Princeton University, University of Edinburgh, University of Nevada, and several Silicon Valley think-tanks, including Interval Research Corporation and SRI International, where he worked on a classified program investigating psychic phenomena for the US government.

It's just having positive influences around me. It helps you grow as a person. I was pretty intolerant at one point in my life, could have stayed that way without people like you.
One thing though, you ever suggest I'm anything but a stone cold sonnabitch and I'll gut you like a fish

That could not have been easy. I'm glad you've found some measure of peace with it. I have a friend who was in a car crash a few years back. Both legs were destroyed and took years of surgery and therapy before he was back on his feet. He was in constant pain and almost went bankrupt because of what happened. The difference is that he didn't have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for health care. So his family didn't end up destitute. I know we complain a lot about the health industry over here, but we've got it a hell of a lot better than you do.

Well I'm not sure what I did either, but I'm grateful it helped. Very true, it goes to prove that not everyone acts like dipshits on line. Some of the most important relationships in my life happened on the web. People who were weird and had incredibly fucked up thoughts, but were at peace with who they were. Made me feel more normal.

Are you sure? It reads like a joke, but some of those replies were very nasty and definitely not meant to be satire. Though I did like what one guy had to say:

Just saiyan... the show that is described here sounds awesome, i mean adventure time is cool and all, but schizophrenic, homoerotic LSD orgies with new fetishes every episode? thats sounds like my kinda show!

I actually came across a woman in the street rapping about Jesus. Now she didn't call him her nigga, but it was cringeworthy all the same.

Oh yes…of course you’re a badass…here I found you a new avatar -
Come_at_me_bro.jpg

Hehe.
Yesterday fucking sucked…my body was SO on edge and hyped up…my BP was normal but my pulse was racing and my heart was pounding…it was relentless.
It finally calmed down in the evening but it was terrible all day…it was hellish.
Today…feel fine…crazy.

People don’t understand satire…or sarcasm…people are dumb man…hehe. - In the Voice of Jake the Dog.

That sucks about your friend…is he okay now?
Without the ACA (Obamacare) passing the year before all this shit…I would have just had NO health insurance or care at all.
I probably would have shot myself…maybe.
But certainly without Sensiko, I would have been out on the street….our society has cut the social safety-nets that were already too small to shreds.

Dalai Lama

There are three reasons I try to promote human values as a source of happiness.
Firstly, the kindness and affection we are shown by our mothers is our common experience.
Secondly, it’s common sense that if a family is wealthy, but lacks basic kindness and affection, its members will likely be unhappy.
Thirdly, even scientists today are finding evidence that the really effective source of happiness is peace of mind.