Mental toughness of mother teresa | INFJ Forum

Mental toughness of mother teresa

Roger

Oct 7, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
-
Mother Teresa was a woman of extreme mental toughness and an example of a world view based on faith and belief sustaining her life work even when the darkness of doubt and disbelief was eminent and lasted for years.

She talked about loving and giving until it hurt terribly to go any further and at that extreme juncture pain would give way to more energy and love and a freeing up of resistance.

She said: “There is one God to all. Therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I've always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic.”

She also said: “There are so many religions and each one has its different ways of following God. I follow Christ..”

And, “It is impossible to walk rapidly and be unhappy.”

Thoughts for mental toughness...

I really admired her for her honesty. She wasn't afraid to share her doubts and fears. What a superb woman.

^^ A shot: It's difficult to focus on feeling unhappy (and thus remain unhappy) if you keep yourself busy, work hard, and stay focused in the moment.

Reactions: Roger
^^ A shot: It's difficult to focus on feeling unhappy (and thus remain unhappy) if you keep yourself busy, work hard, and stay focused in the moment.

This is what I interpret it to be, because it is pretty true.

Mother Teresa said:
"It is impossible to walk rapidly and be unhappy."
BenW (on Shai's injury) said:
"Walk it off."
Toughness.

1222925_8816_sqr.jpg

Yes, very strong person. Interesting and inspiring.

Perfect meaning of that sentence. Now everyone can get inspiration from it. :D

Thanks :smile: This is the kind of ability I have been analysing lately, whether or not it is really 100% good. Sometimes you hurt yourself in the end but ..anyway I am still thinking

Mother Teresa was the real deal. I remember many times when she was invited somewhere she said nothing...she was given a special place to sit and she just sat there. People got the message.

She talked about loving and giving until it hurt terribly to go any further and at that extreme juncture pain would give way to more energy and love and a freeing up of resistance.

"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts then there is no hurt,but only more love"
-Mother Teresa

i think that was the quote ahahahhaha :) :)

she's very inspiring.... I hope she's still alive :)

"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts then there is no hurt,but only more love"
-Mother Teresa

i think that was the quote ahahahhaha :) :)

she's very inspiring.... I hope she's still alive :)

Soulseeker, she is not alive, like every body has to disappear in the sky,air,water,land...she disappeared after long time... Still earth has proud of her.

Soulseeker, she is not alive, like every body has to disappear in the sky,air,water,land...she disappeared after long time... Still earth has proud of her.

showbiz answer:she's alive in everyone's heart

ahahaahah :p .. uhh although that would be true for someone very inspired and moved by love :) :)

She said: “There is one God to all. Therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I've always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic.”

She also said: “There are so many religions and each one has its different ways of following God. I follow Christ..”
And those are by M. Gandhi (probably the original source for the first quote, at least):

"I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian." Young India (19 January 1928)

"Religions are different roads converging to the same point. What does it matter that we take different road, so long as we reach the same goal. Wherein is the cause for quarrelling?" Hind Swaraj, Or Indian Home Rule (1946)

Mother Teresa: ISFJ = Si Fe Ti Ne
Mahatma Gandhi: INFJ = Ni Fe Ti Se
Fe - their top extroverted function (which is also a judging function) ; the most concerned function, it seems.

Last edited:
-Mother Teresa
Some scholars have actually equated this idea to a feminine reflection of mysticism. Much of the mystical literature was written by monks...the conjecture is that if women had written the book it would come out more like this. Of course, I am not one to agrue over such matters....the meaning is in the validity of the thought itself.