[PAX] - "Men Need Sex" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] "Men Need Sex"

There is no slight. I am just surprised because I thought you were different.

There is nothing to be surprised about. I merely pointed out the truth. I generally see men and women as equals but I won't end it there just to satisfy my own ego or allegiance to my gender.

We should never ignore the truth about our very real differences (that are backed by science). Ignoring the facts doesn't help anyone.

There is nothing to be surprised about. I merely pointed out the truth. I generally see men and women as equals but I won't end it there just to satisfy my own ego or allegiance to my gender.

We should never ignore the truth about our very real differences (that are backed by science). It does us no favors.

So, if a man is out in the desert dying with no food or water, but he has sex, he will survive?

So, if a man is out in the desert dying with no food or water, but he has sex, he will survive?

That is not what I said.

In fact, that is not even close to what I said or even what was being discussed.

Last edited:
Depends if he calls her back the next day.

Reactions: James
K. Just clarifying. *walks away more confused*

True, very true :D

A man in a desert without food or water..but would survive on sex? That doesn't even make any sense and such a drastic scenerio was not even being discussed.

The word "need" is a bit off. Need always assumes that if you don't have or get it, you're not likely to survive or at least stay healthy and nourished. Sex is good for the body. It feels good and has other physical, emotional, and even spiritual benefits. But it's not a "need". Both men and women desire sex to various degrees. Whether men desire it or have a higher instinct to satisfy that release more seems to be the real question.

Sex drive is a desire or instinct to copulate with others for many different reasons, including affection, while a need is something that requires that we an obligation to satisfy it in order to live. By suggesting sex is a need, this implies it's someone's responsibility to satisfy it, and assumes this need if not filled will make someone go bonkers. So, no, sex is not a need, but an instinctual desire to be with someone we are attracted to and like. It maybe a stronger desire in some than others, such as that need for release (which women have as well) vs. a need for sex, but saying it's a need implies they men can't live or survive without it.

They may not want to survive without it, but doesn't mean they can't. This concept of need almost makes men sound like cave men or animals who can't control their sex drive and must give in to it for their own health. And that's ridiculous.

A priest and a nun, riding on a donkey are lost in the desert, the donkey collapses from exhaustion and dies leaving the pair to their fate. The priest and the nun begin to speak of their greatest regrets and both realize they have never seen members of the opposite sex naked. The nun disrobes, she is stunningly beautiful...when the priest does the same he is fully erect.
The nun stares at his erection and asks "What is that?"
"Why this is the 'Staff of Life' " the priest arrogantly replies.
"Well then stick it in the ass and let's get the fuck out of here!"

The word "need" is a bit off. Need always assumes that if you don't have or get it, you're not likely to survive or at least stay healthy and nourished. Sex is good for the body. It feels good and has other physical, emotional, and even spiritual benefits. But it's not a "need". Both men and women desire sex to various degrees. Whether men desire it or have a higher instinct to satisfy that release more seems to be the real question.

Sex drive is a desire or instinct to copulate with others for many different reasons, including affection, while a need is something that requires that we an obligation to satisfy it in order to live. By suggesting sex is a need, this implies it's someone's responsibility to satisfy it, and assumes this need if not filled will make someone go bonkers. So, no, sex is not a need, but an instinctual desire to be with someone we are attracted to and like. It maybe a stronger desire in some than others, such as that need for release (which women have as well) vs. a need for sex, but saying it's a need implies they men can't live or survive without it.

They may not want to survive without it, but doesn't mean they can't. This concept of need almost makes men sound like cave men or animals who can't control their sex drive and must give in to it for their own health. And that's ridiculous.

"So does that mean that men need sex? Not necessarily. But I think it is an important ingredient in any healthy relationship (and health in general). Intimacy can heal a person. Emotionally, physically and spiritually. Bonding with another soul in such a way can affect you in ways you never knew were possible."

But the need for that release is very real, as I also mentioned. Doesn't mean it has to happen with another person.

"So does that mean that men need sex? Not necessarily. But I think it is an important ingredient in any healthy relationship (and health in general). Intimacy can heal a person. Emotionally, physically and spiritually. Bonding with another soul in such a way can affect you in ways you never knew were possible."

But the need for that release is very real, as I also mentioned. Doesn't mean it has to happen with another person.

So, a need for release is not the same as a need for sex. Yes, sex is usually the preferred way to get the release, but it's not absolutely essential to get it this way. The men who've posted so far have said they don't believe it's a need, so to insist it is makes it sound like there is some requirement somewhere to see men as not in control of their sexual functions and unable to manage their own desires. Both men and women get sexually frustrated, and handle it in different ways.

I don't think anyone is disputing that having sex isn't essential to building close bonds and intimacy between people who desire that connection, or beneficial or satisfying if you have the interest and the drive, but I think the issue is believing that if someone is denied sex, that they can't handle it or control their own desire and must give in to it to be fine.

So, a need for release is not the same as a need for sex. Yes, sex is usually the preferred way to get the release, but it's not absolutely essential to get it this way. The men who've posted so far have said they don't believe it's a need, so to insist it is makes it sound like there is some requirement somewhere to see men as not in control of their sexual functions and unable to manage their own desires. Both men and women get sexually frustrated, and handle it in different ways.

I don't think anyone is disputing that having sex isn't essential to building close bonds and intimacy between people who desire that connection, or beneficial or satisfying if you have the interest and the drive, but I think the issue is believing that if someone is denied sex, that they can't handle it or control their own desire and must give in to it to be fine.

Masterbation verus Sexual Intercourse. Definitely not the same thing. Yes, they both offer a form of release but they are different.

And I never said that sex was the only way to get that release. And the men that posted about it so far? What was it, 2 or 3? And who was insisting anything? And when did I say that they had no control over their sexual functions or were unable to handle their own desires? Of course they can 'hand'le them. And they do.

And who said anything about anyone being denied sex and not being able to handle it?

You are adding your own thoughts there.

Reactions: aeon and invisible
And sex, for most men, is not about release....Where the F is @Korg when you need him?

Masterbation verus Sexual Intercourse. Definitely not the same thing. Yes, they both offer a form of release but they are different.

And I never said that sex was the only way to get that release. And the men that posted about it so far? What was it, 2 or 3? And who was insisting anything? And when did I say that they had no control over their sexual functions or were unable to handle their own desires? Of course they can 'hand'le them. And they do.

And who said anything about anyone being denied sex and not being able to handle it?

You are adding your own thoughts there.

Men need sex implies something about the effect it would have on their ability to handle that need if they don't get it. When we don't get something we need, we suffer in some way which you already pointed out. My point was to bring up those underlying questions which are thought of when the word "need" is used.

I think the questions that we are really asking is "do men need to have physical release more often than women" or "do men need sexual contact more often than women to feel healthy physically (if not mentally or emotionally)"? But what about women - don't they have these needs as well or are they expected to not want or show this as much since they are seen as the ones to fill the need rather than the ones to have and express it?

Edit: Just realized, that having a need doesn't mean you can't control it.

I think the questions that we are really asking is "do men need to have physical release more often than women" or "do men need sexual contact more often than women to feel healthy physically (if not mentally or emotionally)"? But what about women - don't they have these needs as well or are they expected to not want or show this as much since they are seen as the ones to fill the need rather than the ones to have and express it?
But of course, women can get rapy too.

Believe it or not, I am too shy...let's just say it is more Heraclitan than "milking"