[PAX] - "Men Need Sex" | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] "Men Need Sex"

I didn't make this up; read the book. It's pretty popular and is used by many therapist in relationship counseling. Not sure how scientific it is but people who have used it seem to believe it is accurate.

I believe the idea is that when one person is getting their love language met then they are more likely to give their partner that which makes them feel loved.

Last edited:
I've heard people say many times that "men need sex". Is this true?
Yes, healthy men need sex.

If so, what are the consequences of men not having sex?
Misery, divorce, adultery. A shittier world for everyone.

If not, then how are some men able to do without sex?
1) Quietly hiding their desperation.
2) Betting on marriage.
3) Regular masturbation.

What other implications does this question have?
Utopia.

I've heard people say many times that "men need sex". Is this true?

If so, what are the consequences of men not having sex?

If not, then how are some men able to do without sex?

What other implications does this question have?

Men do not need sex, sex is like a drug that feels good but you need another hit. Animals have no self-control because they live by instinct... Sex like any drug requires a period of withdrawal of about 2 weeks to a month for the symptoms of withdrawal to subside... But like any addict you'll always want to go back again... We have a choice animals do not...

Reactions: aeon
Sex provides the perfect cocktail of dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, endorphins, etc. It's mind-blowing (literally) how drug-addled we become.

When sex stops, we basically go through withdrawal. I think this contributes to how utterly shitty we feel when we lose a partner, but obviously there are many other factors, including another set of chemicals we might be missing (e.g. vasopressin).

I think many of us (men and women) need sex like a heroin addict needs dope (hyperbole). It's a strong desire. Masturbation is our methadone.

I'm thinking that people who haven't experienced sex before may not desire it to quite the same extent. I remember being a virgin and wondering what the big deal was.

Now I'm all liek "boooobz"

Sex provides the perfect cocktail of dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, endorphins, etc. It's mind-blowing (literally) how drug-addled we become.

When sex stops, we basically go through withdrawal. I think this contributes to how utterly shitty we feel when we lose a partner, but obviously there are many other factors, including another set of chemicals we might be missing (e.g. vasopressin).

I think many of us (men and women) need sex like a heroin addict needs dope (hyperbole). It's a strong desire. Masturbation is our methadone.

I'm thinking that people who haven't experienced sex before may not desire it to quite the same extent. I remember being a virgin and wondering what the big deal was.

Now I'm all liek "boooobz"

Heh... You make me laugh... So I like you... :)

Reactions: aeon and Wyote