[PAX] - "Men Need Sex" | INFJ Forum

[PAX] "Men Need Sex"

You didn't say people need sex. You said men. It implies that men need sex more than women and that dangerous things happen when men don't get sex. No one says women who don't get sex are dangerous or carefully controlled. Now why is that? Culturally, that statement perpetuates the idea that dominant men are carefully controlled forces of sex. Necessarily, that implies that women are less dominant, weaker and uncontrolled recipients. Have you met many lesbians? I would say the two I know have stronger sex drives than any of the men I know.

I say we are all human animals who like sex but don't need it for personal survival, regardless of being male or female. No one ever died from lack of sex but it can be a strong driver of behavior in humans in general.

You didn't say people need sex. You said men. It implies that men need sex more than women and that dangerous things happen when men don't get sex. No one says women who don't get sex are dangerous or carefully controlled. Now why is that? Culturally, that statement perpetuates the idea that dominant men are carefully controlled forces of sex. Necessarily, that implies that women are less dominant, weaker and uncontrolled recipients. Have you met many lesbians? I would say the two I know have stronger sex drives than any of the men I know.

I say we are all human animals who like sex but don't need it for personal survival, regardless of being male or female. No one ever died from lack of sex but it can be a strong driver of behavior in humans in general.

Well I didn't myself say anything, I just said what I heard other people say. I'm just interested in what other people on the forum have to say about it. Because I'm not completely sure what I think about it. So, thank you for taking the time to say what you have to say about it. I think that what you said is interesting and well said.

Well I didn't myself say anything, I just said what I heard other people say. I'm just interested in what other people on the forum have to say about it. Because I'm not completely sure what I think about it. So, thank you for taking the time to say what you have to say about it. I think that what you said is interesting and well said.

This is why I like you. :)

I demand it.

b3d222b2-8a75-40eb-a702-85c3216fc8a4.jpg

Oh geez, lol. I don't think it implies that at all. He is a man who likes men. And I feel that his questions are directly related to something going on in his life, hence the wording.

But since we are on the topic, there usually is a significant difference between men and women and how they express sexual repression (if that's what we are talking about here).

When a woman doesn't get that release, she can usually handle it better because there is no build up like there is for a man (aka blue balls). There is real physical pain. The sperm will continue to build up if it is not released. The more build up the stronger their need becomes. Which could present as sexual aggression (and/or other forms of aggression if not dealt with properly).

I think the best way to help a woman understand is to compare blue balls with lactation. Any woman who has had a child knows the pain of swollen breasts due to milk build up. If that breast milk is not expressed, it can become unbearable. You desperately want/need that release to function properly. And once you get that relief you can finally relax. This is something a pregnant woman's body physically needs when she has this problem. It needs to be dealt with. Do you see the connection?

So does that mean that men need sex? Not necessarily. But I think it is an important ingredient in any healthy relationship (and health in general). Intimacy can heal a person. Emotionally, physically and spiritually. Bonding with another soul in such a way can affect you in ways you never knew were possible.

I also think that pent-up sexual repression can quietly fester in ones mind and eventually present itself as mental illness. Our bodies need certain things. Denying yourself such a basic yet necessary need couldn't be healthy.

@invisible I hope that answered some of your questions. :)

Last edited:
Maybe men need it more. But there's also a chance that women aren't allowed (gender expectations) to be open about their true opinion.

I DO WHAT I WANT.

giphy.gif
(my daughter was curious why I have this gif on my desktop, I didn't answer)

@Anywhere But Here
Are you educated at all? You just perpetuated centuries of gender oppression.

Of course I am, hence my post. You can't get around the fact that men and women are different (the majority of the time) just because you feel offended by an imaginary slight.

Of course I am, hence my post. You can't get around the fact that men and women are different (the majority of the time) just because you feel offended by an imaginary slight.

There is no slight. I am just surprised because I thought you were different.

Do men need sex? Probably not. The "blue balls" phenomena is bullshit.

Do men need to feel that they are desired sexually, for most the answer would be "of course".

Do men need it more than women. Not at all.

Are there differences? Yeah, but they usually revolve around status, not sex.

The man who makes attaining "sexual satisfaction" the primary motivator in his life is going to miss out on life's most important gifts.

I've heard people say many times that "men need sex". Is this true?

If so, what are the consequences of men not having sex?

If not, then how are some men able to do without sex?

What other implications does this question have?

I think nearly all human beings, male and female, have a natural desire for sex. Whilst I don't wish to disagree with anyone, the "blue balls" theory is really a myth. Men don't suffer any physical harm through not having sex. Sperm doesn't accumulate and injure us or make us ill.

I do think there is a psychological impact though, on either gender. For men, as we are already more inclined to violence and aggression, I think it can be a problem. Like any natural drive that is closed off, there's the potential for issues.

That in no way excuses poor behavior from men, who don't have sex. Most people can obtain sex if that's what they want. The reality is most people want more than that, they want relationships, intimacy. Even if they don't consciously know it.

I'd guess like a lot of things men are more likely to complain, if we don't get what we want. Sex is no different.