Members leaving due to Liberal Bias (Part 2) | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Members leaving due to Liberal Bias (Part 2)

I try to avoid the verb "be", which I think is what essentialises categories and constitutes the real problem. I'd rather say I lean towards liberalism.

I don't feel boxed in that way.
But "be", in this case, is in passive voice, so there is no boxing in that you do yourself. You may not feel it, since you know you merely lean yourself, but others might put you in the box, and thus condemn you. It is hard to illustrate this for people who put themselves and others in boxes, in addition to having a black-and-white attitude operating under the assumption that "if you're not with us, you're against us" (only in this case: "if you're not conservative, you're liberal" or the other way around). I find the boxes pretty ridiculous, though the American party system really only perpetuates this attitude.

In Germany it's kind of different, there being 5-6 parties or more in the Bundestag, but the problems in that case are not less, only different. It certainly is more shades of grey than black and white. There is less "belonging" with either of the parties among the citizenship, unless you include members of a party, and nowadays it's only about choosing the lesser evil, whichever you trust more to represent your needs in the next four years. After that, the pack is reshuffled again. Therefore, hereabouts there's hardly any use to put others in boxes (unless they are far left or far right). There used to be more dissent, as in school we used to make fun of FDP-Wähler (the ones voting for the Free Democrats); now, it has become more complicated, the more central parties consorting to keep the others at bay, while keeping face and probably stabbing each other in the back. Well, but this is what coalition contracts are for, right? Political pre-nups.

But "be", in this case, is in passive voice, so there is no boxing in that you do yourself. You may not feel it, since you know you merely lean yourself, but others might put you in the box, and thus condemn you. It is hard to illustrate this for people who put themselves and others in boxes, in addition to having a black-and-white attitude operating under the assumption that "if you're not with us, you're against us" (only in this case: "if you're not conservative, you're liberal" or the other way around).

Yeah, I don't think there will ever be any shortage of idiots who box in other people... Though perhaps, ironically they might do this by projecting their own desire to essentialise themselves onto others. I'm sure the concept of "being" conservative, as if it were some natural property of one's being instead of a leaning that may evolve or even be reversed over time, is reassuring to some people. It contributes to giving one a sense of identity if one is actually secretly insecure about those things behind the mask.

Wait, we can get our sense of identity from labels and boxes? Why wasn't I told? What have I been wasting all this time for trying to find the self? Time to collect some labels and be done with it. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Wait, we can get our sense of identity from labels and boxes? Why wasn't I told? What have I been wasting all this time for trying to find the self? Time to collect some labels and be done with it. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

The self itself is a label.

tb%2C425x420%2Csmall-c%2C0%2C15%2C0%2C0-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1.jpg

:p

Members leaving due to labeling themselves. Actually it makes sense, people who seem to put a lot of their identity into or in contrast to mbti are kind of kooky and get angry enough over it that they exile themselves.

The self itself is a label. The opposition of the label is a label.

Good luck with that.

Members leaving due to labeling themselves. Actually it makes sense, people who seem to put a lot of their identity into or in contrast to mbti are kind of kooky and get angry enough over it that they exile themselves.

The self itself is a label. The opposition of the label is a label.

Good luck with that.

I'm okay with my self being a label – as long as I have a say over what kind of label it is. ;)

Yeah no. I don't buy it. :shakinghead:

It's labelled "not for sale" anyway :p

Anyway, I just meant to imply that if my self is within the perimeter of my subjectivity, then it makes no sense to speak of a 'label', whose meaning is externally derived. I think it might have been a bit of an abstruse joke.

It's labelled "not for sale" anyway :p
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

But it's a shopping bag! :tearsofjoy:

All jokes aside, I simply meant to say that it makes intuitive sense to me that the identity can't be equal to the identifier. That's like saying a description of something is the same as that something. Yeah, no. :D

:O what's liberal bias? (i have an idea... but i want to be sure...)

Reactions: Wyote
I reread this thread.

Bring back 2018. Way more fun.

:O 2018 was my most recent happy year... on a personal level...
I reread this thread.

Bring back 2018. Way more fun.

...that's why i asked... lol

i don't know how i ended up on this thread... but i read it and was like "what?"

sorry i lived under a rock since 2013.

Was it a nice rock at least?

Also, I guess you'd have to ask the topic starter what they meant by liberal bias.

Are there left leaning people here? Yes. Does that mean liberal? Debatable. Are there right leaning people here? Yes. Does that mean conservative? Debatable.
Do they feel welcome? Depends on the person.

Is political bias the main reason people leave?
Hell no. It seems to be drama and/or (legitimate) safety concerns that drives people away.

:O
so is this a good thing or something i need to be concerned about? :O

That depends on a lot of factors. Do you think you should be concerned?

That depends on a lot of factors. Do you think you should be concerned?
i don't know...

i mean this thread is the first time i heard of it...

from what i gather... by looking at memes... (they are easier to understand.)

liberal bias is the factors that left are kinda taking over and the right are kinda butthurt... yet at the same time the left being more inside the media... it seems to be not as diverse as it seems the left are pushing... which is kinda how the right is...

It is kinda confusing as it seems like humans just wanna fight each other.

I just know i match with Ghandhi in the political spectrum... (depending on my mood i end up being off by one in any direction...) I consider my self non-political... as i find much of politics to be confusing... (and even more so because one side says one thing the other side says another... can't we just get along?

-_- i dislike certain right wing individuals that are meanies. (in what i mean they tend to be mean to those who are not in their terms of normal...)

i dislike certain left wing individuals... whom are butthurt easily... they tend to block you quickly... (twitter has a lot of them...) and you know it almost instantly on the reason... which is often a reason that makes no sense...

humans are a strange species.

edited to add, i paired Jolanda's post with this as i was thinking of both...

Reactions: April and Wyote