Members leaving due to Liberal Bias (Part 2) | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Members leaving due to Liberal Bias (Part 2)

Say what!?
giphy.gif

Oh sorry, I meant @PeacefulPete

Reactions: Misty and jkxx
Perhaps it's because the liberals are not very liberal in practice? They tend to be liberal culturally but illiberal politically and economically; or right wing economics and left wing culture. Many are confused by the schism. I believe the reasons for the split are self interest on both counts. The economics are self explanatory, the lefty culture is virtue signalling and belief in a largely illusory meritocratic society. Hypocrisy.

Reactions: aeon
Perhaps it's because the liberals are not very liberal in practice? They tend to be liberal culturally but illiberal politically and economically; or right wing economics and left wing culture. Many are confused by the schism. I believe the reasons for the split are self interest on both counts. The economics are self explanatory, the lefty culture is virtue signalling and belief in a largely illusory meritocratic society. Hypocrisy.

I think that if an intelligent conservative wanted to have a deep discussion about politics on this forum, they'd be very welcome to do so. This is not a particularly partisan place.

Problem is, a lot of the conservatives who came and went lacked either intelligence or a basic measure of politeness :kissingsmiling:

I think that if an intelligent conservative wanted to have a deep discussion about politics on this forum, they'd be very welcome to do so. This is not a particularly partisan place.

Problem is, a lot of the conservatives who came and went lacked either intelligence or a basic measure of politeness :kissingsmiling:
Possibly also those on the right tend to lack thorougness in their political beliefs, and thus generally avoid analysis and/or get triggered very easily as a result. Insecurity leads to sensitivity and fear.
I have learnt that there are good arguments from both sides in politics (no side has a monopoly of wisdom/truth) and to get to the truth, you have to listen to both sides and take what makes the most sense. (as you do Ren)
If you want to have useful and pleasant political discussions, you have to listen and make your points clearly. You might even find ways to improve!

but what about the Frankfurt School conspiracy...and the Zionists who are both running all the capitalist financial institutions and secretly undermining those same institutions as Marxist puppetmasters?

Reactions: Ren
but what about the Frankfurt School conspiracy...and the Zionists who are both running all the capitalist financial institutions and secretly undermining those same institutions as Marxist puppetmasters?
I don't know, bit out of my depth here lol, but I robbed this from wikipedia about the Frankfurt School.....it makes intuitive sense.

Any theory becomes "vacuous and irresponsible" if the promise of a better future is omitted or not present in the theory.

perhaps we should start a thread dedicated to inconsistencies within various political affiliations?

Reactions: aeon and Ren
I think politics in general is a cognitive challenge to all types because it requires Ti and Te in particular. An INFJ is likely to use Ti, which equates with ideology. Given the problems we know with political ideology and that none of them work in pure form (I have argued for democratic pluralism which is not that clear but this is it's strength, it lacks ideological purity and thus avoids practical deadends.), there is tendency to use Te instead. But this has different problems, by ending up with conflicting issues which are irresolvable. This is how most people, including politicians, approach politics in general nowadays, and why there seem to be no answers. IMO we need a combination of ideology and awareness of practical realitites, and I believe this is how politics needs to be seen/studied/etc.

This could definitely justify a new thread imo.

Hope my English was plain enough lol

I feel quite embarrassed because I've only just realised what the title of the thread means. At least I've come into this late. This makes sense of Ren's comment about conservatives.
Yes, conservatives tend to think that Universities and the like are all too liberal because they criticise right wing politics (there is a lot to criticise). So what they want is a political discussion which only criticises the left.
There is irony here, because as I pointed out above, many normally on the left have moved to the centre/right on economic and political issues. There are still no doubt many traditional lefties (much like me) in academic departments, which annoys the right, because they want the political demographic of academia to move along with the Overton window (ie. against the left, making the traditional left absurd and ignored).

Is there really something called the Frankfurt School conspiracy? Jeez, that sounds very appealing. I kinda want to be a part of it

An INFJ is likely to use Ti, which equates with ideology

Do you really think so?

I tend to think that healthy Ti is skeptical of anything ideological, since by definition, an ideology isn't based on sound/refutable theory.

Do you really think so?

I tend to think that healthy Ti is skeptical of anything ideological, since by definition, an ideology isn't based on sound/refutable theory.

I may have this wrong, but this is how I see it...ideology is built on a set of fundamental ideas like 'you earn in proportion to your work', which to me is Ti because it is a fundamental, irreducible principle (at least in political terms). The policies that the ideology generates are Te but they are based on Ti.

A purely Te based political idea would be 'we tax the wealthy more to pay for the poor' but this is a pragmatic idea, which, while imbued with Fe, IS reducible to other ideas (which it is built on or not) which either deconstruct or reinforce it. This leads to confusion and different opinions becuase it is not a pure idea. It is a purely practical one. A Ti underpinning/destabilising of this could be 'people should pay equal tax' (even this can be reduced to a moral argument) etc.

Please correct me if my terminology is wrong wrt MBTI. I'm pretty sure my logic is sound though.