Looking to connect w/straight-edge types. | INFJ Forum

Looking to connect w/straight-edge types.

Not2bforgot10

Community Member
Jan 15, 2009
MBTI
xNFJ
Enneagram
3w4 SX
I am looking to connect with other straight-edge intuitives... it can be lonely out there without kindred spirits, and so I am looking to talk to some online. I met one (I believe she's an INFJ, slight N) and we have a magnificent connection. I am looking to connect like that again with someone.

If you are a non-drinker/drug user I would like to chat with you. The whole non-drinking/drug use is important to me.

If you'd like to connect, you can either email me at: Not2bforgot10@yahoo.com, private message me, or message me on Yahoo Messenger at Not2bforgot10.

I am looking for people who have a similar, healthy, focus like me... who are interested in personal growth.

:)

Personal growth is the focus of my life, and I also do not do any smoking/drinking. I even refuse to take medication that has a mind-altering component to it except in special circumstance.

I don't do any of these things either but alas, I am old. This seems to disqualify me from most viable conversations, or at least that is the impression I get from my 20-something y/o kids. Oh well....if you disagree you can pm me!!!!! :)

It would probably help others to know what other interests, hobbies, you may have beyond personal growth.

I've added you.

Personal growth is the focus of my life, and I also do not do any smoking/drinking. I even refuse to take medication that has a mind-altering component to it except in special circumstance.

It's funny, I tend to attract a TON of INTP's! Friend-wise :)

I don't do any of these things either but alas, I am old. This seems to disqualify me from most viable conversations, or at least that is the impression I get from my 20-something y/o kids. Oh well....if you disagree you can pm me!!!!! :)

You are not old... I have a ton of friends your age. Can you download yahoo messenger? I would love to chat on there. I have a special category for MBTI people lol

Lets build a friendship on there. You can google it and download it for free within a few short minutes.

It would probably help others to know what other interests, hobbies, you may have beyond personal growth.

1st thing I would like to say to you, Restraint, is you VERY much strike me as an INTJ. Just an observation :) I do not pick up INFJ vibes from you at all.

Secondly, the reason I didn't list any of this stuff is because it is all listed on my profile.

I have basically weeded through all the criteria of what I want in a relationship (friendship), and the most important are honesty, respect, dependability, communication, and commitment to personal growth.

The one thing I do NOT want because it inhibits these qualities is substance abuse, including drinking. It's pretty simple.

Ian MacKaye would approve of this thread.

I used to be straight-edge. then I came to New Orleans, and that kind of flew out the window. However, I do respect the philosophy, share some of the ideas. While I don't specifically drinking a little and getting somewhat drunk, I never want to get the point that I risk doing something I would seriously regret, and blacking-out is right out.

There is a value [true sworn] in being straight-edge. I cannot explain it... but it feels whole... pure. There is something about the mind-body, and soul that arises, or aligns rather when straight-edge, or when the choice is given to live a straight-edge life.

It's about optimizing the mind-body-soul. If you can optimize your mind, and body, your soul/spirit will be radiant, blessid, and pure. There is a true beauty in awakening to our life's purpose, and I think this process is sped up when a choice of sobriety is made. Health & happiness... longjevity.

I know that I personally seek to unite with the beloved that this universe has chosen for me... and when I am in alliance with my true self, it will nevertheless align, and I will be ready to share my life with someone in the truest sense possible.

I'm strait-edge because I value my brain enough. Why even take the risk with the only thing that makes you truly who you are?

Honestly, I find it a little offensive that people would give up the proper functioning of their mind.

Plus, I just hate the smell of it all. Ick.

I'm as straight as an arrow, a straight arrow!
Most of my friends drink, smoke or whatnot. Makes hanging out with them awkward. :sad:

I'm strait-edge because I value my brain enough. Why even take the risk with the only thing that makes you truly who you are?

Honestly, I find it a little offensive that people would give up the proper functioning of their mind.

Plus, I just hate the smell of it all. Ick.

Huh?