Let's talk about women in powerplay | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Let's talk about women in powerplay

@Pin don't mix racism with feminism
On 50is women had much less, they couldn't even vote but they didn't care, they were happy.
Man, I don't think that black women were very happy in the 1950s. :neutral:

Race impacts a woman's experience of being a woman. It's relevant because not all women lived prosperous middle-class or upper-class lives in the past.

Women have a very complex life.
They have to fight with a society that is going against their nature. They don't have easy but they making things much more difficult for them
Men also have a tough and complex life. They have to fight society, never admit that they cry and hurt like they need their mommies because this is going against their "nature".

Honestly nature is the blood running through your veins. Sure hormones are natural and biological components but that is not all that you should be. Lay off the whey protein, man.

Man, I don't think that black women were very happy in the 1950s. :neutral:

Race impacts a woman's experience of being a woman. It's relevant because not all women lived prosperous middle-class or upper-class lives in the past.

Yeah in this point of view you are right.
But again, black men had the same issues

Reactions: Pin

giphy.gif

Fixed.
Joint Resolution of Congress proposing a constitutional amendment extending the right of suffrage to women, approved June 4, 1919.; Ratified Amendments, 1795-1992
Why have you highlighted 1992 here?

Are you under the impression that it took that long to he adopted in all of the states?

The '1795-1992' just looks like the archival series of the reference.

Reactions: mintoots
Is it like a common belief that women couldn't vote in the 50s or something?

Reactions: Pin
Yeah in this point of view you are right.
But again, black men had the same issues
True, but I would still rather be a black man than a black woman back then. There was still more privilege and social mobility available for men.

I'm not keen on getting tarred with the anti-feminist brush here simply because I talk about gender.

I like gender. I think the gendered dynamic is beautiful and it's a useful category for explaining behaviours.

Also I campaigned for a domestic violence charity for two years when they were under threat of being defunded for bs political reasons.

I think there are a lot of people who call themselves 'feminists' who actually don't give a fuck about women, and will happily attack those who do for not conforming to the correct and most current slogans.

You are a such a diplomat:smile::kissingsmiling: