Left or Liberal? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Left or Liberal?

Left or Liberal?

• Total voters
the more i learn about different presidents the more crooked they look! I don't think trump is any exception but for some reason people have attacked him more than any other president

its all getting pretty ugly out there though and i'd like to get to the bottom of it

I agree - the hatred is kinda surreal...it just makes me even more curious.

There's a bit of an INFJ Sherlock in all of us....I certainly want to try and understand what the heck is going on....:wink:

Reactions: kinglear
communication is breaking down

After nearly 20+ years (will get told off by my husband for not knowing exactly how many :tongueout:) of being in a very loving and respectful relationship....one of the most important factor in us working through things is communication. Even after all these years, we often still don't get it right but we do get there in the end and that's simply due to looking out and caring for each other.

I just hope that we all continue to express kindness and gentleness to each other particularly when discussing such important issues. It would be so sad if as a forum friends we weren't able to do this...Love to all.:<3green:

After nearly 20+ years (will get told off by my husband for not knowing exactly how many :tongueout:) of being in a very loving and respectful relationship....one of the most important factor in us working through things is communication. Even after all these years, we often still don't get it right but we do get there in the end and that's simply due to looking out and caring for each other.

I just hope that we all continue to express kindness and gentleness to each other particularly when discussing such important issues. It would be so sad if as a forum friends we weren't able to do this...Love to all.:<3green:

Isabella, I very much agree with your message but be careful not to lose sight of the bigger picture.

It is not an example of good communication to start a thread comparing left-wing people to communists. In fact, it is an attempt at creating a toxic context by upsetting people in the first place, making communication skewed from the start. And then, putting the onus on other people for messing up communication. I hope you can see through that... as an INFJ, you should ;)

Isabella, I very much agree with your message but be careful not to lose sight of the bigger picture.

It is not an example of good communication to start a thread comparing left-wing people to communists. In fact, it is an attempt at creating a toxic context by upsetting people in the first place, making communication skewed from the start. And then, putting the onus on other people for messing up communication. I hope you can see through that... as an INFJ, you should ;)

Appreciate your input @Ren thank you. Unfortunately I haven't read every post in this thread (I only get the chance to dip in and out) but the essence of what I was trying to relay is...is it possible to try and be respectful and mindful to each other....for me that is always the bigger picture. :wink:

hello ren

the purpose of the thread is not to compare left wing people to communists

the purpose of the thread is to establish a difference between liberals and fullblown communists

both might describe themselves as 'left' but the point the guy in the clip is making is that they actually have very different views on things

does that make sense?

congrats on your long term relationship! You will no doubt understand the need for compromise and also good communication if you have achieved what you have achieved!

is it possible that your relationship has lasted through all the trials and tribulations that relationships go through because there is an underlying respect there that ultimately over rides the small niggles that occur?

Is it also possible that things are degrading in the US and elsewhere because there is a breakdown in the underlying respect between people?

i think the erasure of history would only start with the removal of statues and wouldn't end there. i think that was just a public way in which they could pick a fight

as for the 'unite the right' movement they have only united to face a growing threat from the left which has become more violently millitaristic

as the left becomes increasingly violent we will see a more aggressive push back from the right because many people do not want fullblown communism which is what those more violent elements in the left actually want

See this reads to me as just so incorrect.
What country are you even in?
The LEFT is the more militaristic than the right in the US...really?
And the Communists are behind it all?
And they only united to face the growing threat from what?
Not being the race in control of it all?
Give me a break dude.
Chanting with their Tiki torches - “The Jews will not replace us!” and other such verbal diarrhea.
If anyone here is trying to rewrite history it’s your own posting.

Reactions: Wyote and Stu
well to play devils advocate here do you think that he has been allowed to implement all the things he wants to implement?
"All" seems Impossible for any politician in a Democracy

however are all moderate democrat voters aware that not all democrat voters are moderate?
Apparently not :unhappy:

i honestly don't think we've even scratched the surface of why trump is hated

He harnessed and inflamed political polarization, as well as polarizing the media by making an enemy out of any outlets that were critical of him. Russia exploited and inflamed it even more. He decided that he would address one side of the political spectrum as friends, and the other side as enemies. He has so much attention because that's exactly what he asked for and wanted, particularly by using Twitter. He made his own bed so to speak.

He harnessed and inflamed political polarization, as well as polarizing the media by making an enemy out of any outlets that were critical of him. Russia exploited and inflamed it even more. He decided that he would address one side of the political spectrum as friends, and the other side as enemies. He has so much attention because that's exactly what he asked for and wanted, particularly by using Twitter. He made his own bed so to speak.
but aside from that....

Reactions: Skarekrow and Wyote
See this reads to me as just so incorrect.
What country are you even in?
The LEFT is the more militaristic than the right in the US...really?
And the Communists are behind it all?
And they only united to face the growing threat from what?
Not being the race in control of it all?
Give me a break dude.
Chanting with their Tiki torches - “The Jews will not replace us!” and other such verbal diarrhea.
If anyone here is trying to rewrite history it’s your own posting.

as an observor of the US one stand out event was when someone sprayed a huge amount of bullets into a crowd of country music fans who were probably typical trump supporters

also

well as an outsider stepping in with a new point of view i can sympathise with that in that you are suddenly and visciously attacked and then you are expected to behave completly civily to the people trying to eviscerate you. They can behave as badly as they like but if you stand up for yourself oh boy!

well as an outsider stepping in with a new point of view i can sympathise with that in that you are suddenly and visciously attacked and then you are expected to behave completly civily to the people trying to eviscerate you. They can behave as badly as they like but if you stand up for yourself oh boy!
He wasn’t suddenly and viciously attacked. The hate for him is backlash from.....
You seriously see him as just suddenly being attacked out of nowhere? Idk if this is worth going into. Did you see any of his media coverage or watch the primaries or the debates?

He wasn’t suddenly and viciously attacked. The hate for him is backlash from.....
You seriously see him as just suddenly being attacked out of nowhere? Idk if this is worth going into. Did you see any of his media coverage or watch the primaries or the debates?

i want to know what policies of his are particularly despised?

what do people most talk about?

you know most of the criticism i've heard of him have been attacks on his character but lets not be naive no politicians are nice people

so what's important is their policies. So what policies are triggering people?

You can find that in the media.

I can see why you might be curious as to why so many people hate him if you look solely at his presidency, however he began creating these conditions well before he was actually elected. Consider for example accusing Mexican immigrants of being rapists while he was campaigning. No politician in their right mind can expect to say that without backlash. That is just one of a million things he did to turn the spotlight on himself in a negative manner.

Look at the media. Regardless of spin, you can find that out for yourself. Idk I feel like I should be paid if I’m gonna do homework.

So character isn’t important. You might have saved a lot of time by clarifying that earlier.

So character isn’t important.

It's just a tactic used to excuse all of the bad things he does. He is a moral despot.
His policies aren't great either, but it's a moot point since people just argue over personal opinion on policies all of the time anyway.
Being morally decrepit is a reflection of how a person will lead and the decisions they will make. It's pretty simple.
But his adherents enjoy acting like it's nothing, because they know it irritates "snowflakes"
When really, they're just advocating moral degradation of society.