Left or Liberal?

Left or Liberal?

• Total voters

kinglear

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Having looked around the forum a bit and having spent a bit of time online elsewhere there often seems to be a strong dislike for conservative views and particularly for Donald Trump

I've seen a number of presidents come and go but i've never seen the hostility expressed against one that I've seen against Trump. The corporate media has spent large amounts of airtime attacking trump and various agencies have been trying to impeach him.

I'd like to try and understand this vocal upswell that we are seeing to get a handle on it so I'm going to post a video that explains the difference between the left and liberals

I've posted a poll and i invite people (and particularly those who have been strong critics of trump) to speak more about why they hold their views. I'm curious to know how much of the vocal opposition to trump is left and how much of it is liberal

Thanks

It's terrifying to even think that Americans believe what's presented in that video is "the left".

My video card is busted, what is the gist?

I am probably more Liberal than Left, but I have Leftist beliefs to an extent, but I also hold some values of the Right as well.
I would maybe best describe myself as a left leaning moderate were it not for really valuing some of the right's positions.

Labels are super dumb and meant to divide. I just want people to be happy and not harm one another.
I am a Hippie. A pacifist at heart but I am keenly aware of the complexities that make such idealism impossible.

Also drumpf is an absolute piece of shit and that has nothing to do with politics. He's just a piece of shit. If you don't see that, I feel very sorry for you.

I'd describe myself as on the political left. By no means am I liberal, especially when it comes to economics. I'm neither liberal nor neoliberal. In any case I can be quite conservative on a variety of issues like family values.

The whole talk about identity policies makes me furious. But it's all liberals seem to care about. Workers' rights? Equal pay for women? No, it's some quota for to put women (also) in leadership positions and the usage of words, to just name some of the eyewashing stuff.

Trump has failed in so many regards politically. Yet, the (neo-)liberals cheer for him when he plays the war drums, but are outraged when he grabs women by their private parts. Both is wrong. And my problem with liberals is that they don't seem to have their priorities right.

See, you started your own thread!
I knew you could do it!!

giphy.gif

Don’t box me in with your labels man.

Also drumpf is an absolute piece of shit and that has nothing to do with politics. He's just a piece of shit. If you don't see that, I feel very sorry for you.

yeah but since when weren't politicians absolute pieces of shit?

you know the saying: ''you know a politician is lying because their lips are moving!''

so i'm interested in understanding two things:

1) why trump has triggered so many people
2) what makes up that triggered portion of the population

Reactions: Misty
1) why trump has triggered so many people
2) what makes up that triggered portion of the population

1) He's a piece of shit
2) People who know he's a piece of shit

Donald Trump is an embarrassment of a human being. He isn't just an objectively stupid person, he's an objectively stupid person with loads of power & wealth, and a titanic ego to match. He appears incapable of self-reflection or examination, has a poor grasp of language and a lousy sense of humor. He is loud, obnoxious and stupendously annoying. He openly lies and defrauds, often taking personal credit for accomplishments he had little or no hand in achieving.

If asked to name one person who most sums up every single thing that is wrong with the human race, I'm not sure I could name a more worthy candidate.

Bear in mind that I did not come by this opinion lightly or recently. I have observed this man for the better part of 30 years and the initial impressions I made back then have only been reinforced. He is a liar, a cheat, a manipulator and an oddly unconvincing bullshit artist. If he hadn't come from a longstanding legacy of power and wealth (built upon the backs of others, I'll add) he would be a complete nobody. That loud asshole at the barbershop who conjures tall tales and gets laughed at behind his back.

My political leanings are mostly liberal (certainly from a "social justice" perspective). This has nothing to do with my disdain for Trump.

I'd describe myself as on the political left. By no means am I liberal, especially when it comes to economics. I'm neither liberal nor neoliberal. In any case I can be quite conservative on a variety of issues like family values.

yeah this whole liberal v's conservative conflict is i think an agenda in itself to divide the US population

'conservative' means to conserve ie to resist change

'liberal' means to be open to change

But the reality is that we are all open to some changes but not to others. And then on top of that there are some changes we are ok with on a certain scale but not when it becomes overwhelming

So things are not totally black and white out there and yet people are polarising into very clear cut groups

The whole talk about identity policies makes me furious. But it's all liberals seem to care about.

well that's all another agenda isn't it

there is an overall gameplan behind all of that stuff that is of course never discussed

Workers' rights? Equal pay for women? No, it's some quota for to put women (also) in leadership positions and the usage of words, to just name some of the eyewashing stuff.

Trump has failed in so many regards politically. Yet, the (neo-)liberals cheer for him when he plays the war drums, but are outraged when he grabs women by their private parts. Both is wrong. And my problem with liberals is that they don't seem to have their priorities right.

i don't think he actually grabbed a woman by the private parts did he? i think he was just talking alpha male nonsense in the locker room

yeah the right seems to love war abroad while the left seems to love social engineering at home

however the left too seems to embrace war these days

1) He's a piece of shit
2) People who know he's a piece of shit

all the things he is accused of have all been done by previous presidents but they don't get the same heat

its fascinating to watch

I think a lot of people take their cue from whatever media they consume and much of the corporate media has been tearing into trump

is there something about THIS TIME NOW that is making them behave differently...

all the things he is accused of have all been done by previous presidents but they don't get the same heat

its fascinating to watch

I think a lot of people take their cue from whatever media they consume and much of the corporate media has been tearing into trump

As opposed to people who take their cue from those in the media who constantly fellate Trump?

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, troll.

I do not subscribe to the notion that politicians are pieces of shit. That reasoning implies that the system is corrupt and our participation in it is at best a waste of time and at worst complicity

He is a liar, a cheat, a manipulator and an oddly unconvincing bullshit artist..

you could level that accusation at many previous presidents some of which are today celebrated by some quarters

in fact some politicians have been involved in mass murder and are still celebrated

its all very strange

I am probably more Liberal than Left, but I have Leftist beliefs to an extent, but I also hold some values of the Right as well.
I would maybe best describe myself as a left leaning moderate were it not for really valuing some of the right's positions.

Labels are super dumb and meant to divide. I just want people to be happy and not harm one another.
I am a Hippie. A pacifist at heart but I am keenly aware of the complexities that make such idealism impossible.

cool sounds much like my own position on things

so what do you aspire to in a society?

My video card is busted, what is the gist?

the gist is that the guy in the video gives i think 6 ways in which liberals are different from communists

the point he is making is that much of what is pretending to be liberal in todays politics is actually fullblown communism