Leaky nudes | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Leaky nudes

I never said it was OK to screw anyone over. However, I think people who don't have the resources, fame, etc that these celebrities have will have a much tougher time eliminating those images from the internet or recovering from the situation. For example, if a teacher ends up having a personal photo plastered out there that was never meant to be seen, their career is pretty much over. But where is the justice for that person?

I am specifically and exclusively saying that I find it annoying how much attention and assistance people of a celebrity persuasion will get in a situation vs. someone who does not have these resources. This is not me making a judgement about right or wrong or that someone is deserving or less deserving of such a breach of privacy.

There is no abuse in what I am saying. What's abusive is the way these things are handled against the entire scale of people that it happens to.

well, i think people who are not famous will recover from the situation more easily than celebrities, because the vast majority of people who might see those images of them dont care in the slightest who they are. whereas with a celebrity it is very different - their images will be saved in many more places, many many hard drives, and will be much less subject to cultural decay.

yes... in practice, people who have more money and power have their personal concerns taken more seriously, and that is unfair.

yes, it is OK for them to have control over their own bodies, and to choose when they want to display their bodies, and make their own decisions about why they want to do it.

no, it is not OK for people to distribute videos of them having sex with other people, without the consent of those other people.

yes, Jennifer Lawrence has a flourishing career and money.

i got really lost in your connections between these things.

I am not sure even with their conscent, there are social consequences, some of these people are role models for young people.

There's no way of telling if this was some act of social sabotage or an attempt at destabilisation by foreign cybercriminals/spies. I'm sure it happens.

well, i think people who are not famous will recover from the situation more easily than celebrities, because the vast majority of people who might see those images of them dont care in the slightest who they are. whereas with a celebrity it is very different - their images will be saved in many more places, many many hard drives, and will be much less subject to cultural decay.

yes... in practice, people who have more money and power have their personal concerns taken more seriously, and that is unfair.

That's all I am really getting at.

I think we're all missing the point here: what's done is done and in a few months this will be swept under the rug due to the vigilant work of the government, lawyers, the media, etc.

BUT it will probably raise issues like internet privacy again and another SOPA scenario could pop up.

So what do we do?

Shut down the iCloud, or really any Cloud service because the idea sounds sketchy to begin with, or try to educate people on the matters of hacking and where to keep files stored?

Also, the whole thing with people taking nude selfies - what do we do about that? Anything? Some people are already going to say "well it's their body, they can do whatever!" Yeah, but then shit like this happens, so where do we draw the line?

It's little mean but they should know what the risks are if taking nude photos. I don't blame them though.

Reactions: Bird
I think we're all missing the point here: what's done is done and in a few months this will be swept under the rug due to the vigilant work of the government, lawyers, the media, etc.

BUT it will probably raise issues like internet privacy again and another SOPA scenario could pop up.

So what do we do?

Shut down the iCloud, or really any Cloud service because the idea sounds sketchy to begin with, or try to educate people on the matters of hacking and where to keep files stored?

Also, the whole thing with people taking nude selfies - what do we do about that? Anything? Some people are already going to say "well it's their body, they can do whatever!" Yeah, but then shit like this happens, so where do we draw the line?

the cloud is like any other system of file storage - it is as secure as you make it - which, in Apple's case wasn't that great. They haven't had the best track record with security recently.

Here's an idea - don't take photos you don't want to get out...

Reactions: Bird
I would say that the net is probably awash with badly faked up nude pics of these celebrities already too so its probably the fact of their being hacked and people behaving seemingly thrilled about it rather than horrified about it which has angered some of them. Which I think is fair enough to be honest.

And yet u don't have better things to do than to post about your scorn for famous vagina.

I was providing my opinion; in my world, that's critically important. What else could supersede it other than saving children from certain death?

Famous or not, there is a break in privacy and a line crossed. Nudity and sex are healthy and beautiful things. We should not be made to feel that we can't express and share that beauty with other people - but they are those who we see fit to share with. Taking or not taking nude pictures of one's self shouldn't be the issue of discussion here - we have the right to do what we want to do with our body, regardless of the fame we have or don't have. But, like with anything, there are risks to those actions, and one of those risks are those pictures getting lose. This is different than an ex (who you shared those photos with) posting and sending them too people (I'm not saying that's right, it's awful and horrible)...this is someone purposefully invading their privacy, and capitalizing on exposing them.

What if this was pictures of their whooha during birth? Would our reaction still be "they shouldn't have taken them, it's their fault?" What if it were a suicide text that someone sent their mother? What is it was a picture of you with your child during a day in the park? The content of the picture or what was taken doesn't matter, it's the act of them invading their privacy and doing it.

Yes, it happens to non-famous people all the time. I think it's terrible and awful, and scary.

...All my boobie pictures will be going on a floppy disc from now on....

Reactions: rawr
Claiming ignorance of human nature is mildly interesting to me...

I get annoyed that people get so bent out of shape, involving the FBI and all kinds of shit because it's a celebrity and yet a lot of other men and women who are subject to having their personal photos/videos leaked just get lost in the whole mix of things.

wXWqtG4.gif

Famous or not, there is a break in privacy and a line crossed. Nudity and sex are healthy and beautiful things. We should not be made to feel that we can't express and share that beauty with other people - but they are those who we see fit to share with. Taking or not taking nude pictures of one's self shouldn't be the issue of discussion here - we have the right to do what we want to do with our body, regardless of the fame we have or don't have. But, like with anything, there are risks to those actions, and one of those risks are those pictures getting lose. This is different than an ex (who you shared those photos with) posting and sending them too people (I'm not saying that's right, it's awful and horrible)...this is someone purposefully invading their privacy, and capitalizing on exposing them.

What if this was pictures of their whooha during birth? Would our reaction still be "they shouldn't have taken them, it's their fault?" What if it were a suicide text that someone sent their mother? What is it was a picture of you with your child during a day in the park? The content of the picture or what was taken doesn't matter, it's the act of them invading their privacy and doing it.

Yes, it happens to non-famous people all the time. I think it's terrible and awful, and scary.

...All my boobie pictures will be going on a floppy disc from now on....

It could have been that but it wasn't. It's difficult to have as much sympathy because of that.

There's a line as far as I'm concerned. If one takes all his bling bling and Mercedes and everything and drives it through a neighborhood they don't belong in and they get jacked, ok yeah it's still a crime. It's also really stupid.

Edit:
Or put another way, the internet is ghetto and storing anything sensitive on it is unwise. In a perfect world you should be able to safely trust people but the world isn't perfect. You wouldn't leave all your valuables on the porch in a bad neighborhood even though the person who would take it would be called the one wrong. It's irresponsibly ignoring a known hazard whether that hazard 'ought' to be there or not.

Last edited:
I just wanna know why anyone would take naked pics.

Didn't we learn from sexting orientations in high school? Real life stories? Real life consequences?
I think what upsets me is not the fact that the pics got leaked, but the fact that everyone does the same thing, bandwagon.

These celebs are what Pink would call, a "Stupid Girl."

I just wanna know why anyone would take naked pics.

Didn't we learn from sexting orientations in high school? Real life stories? Real life consequences?
I think what upsets me is not the fact that the pics got leaked, but the fact that everyone does the same thing, bandwagon.

These celebs are what Pink would call, a "Stupid Girl."

Well, I think that might be a bit unfair. I get the impression that a lot of celebrities due to their schedules and obligations end up spending a lot of time away from their SO. They probably share these photos with them because it makes them feel sexy and it keeps a little freshness going in the relationship when they can't physically be together.

Some people do it as foreplay and it is incorporated into their regular sex life. There's always the danger that someone is going to abuse that, but I don't think most people in that situation think the person they love right now would share those images. Nor do people think that everything is going to be hacked and stolen on such a huge level.

I just imagined because of that ^ what if the celebs' SOs broke up with them because so many people have now seen their naked bodies, so they felt that their gfs bodies became soiled and thus unacceptable. That would be so fucked lol, and yet there are lots of people like that who exist in this world.

PS celebrities' bodies don't belong to them. they belong to you and i, because they belong to the companies they've sold their souls to, which are alive because of the time and attention (=money) that you and i indirectly or directly in our small ways provide them with. so no, @say what their bodies are not their own, down to the last nipple hair, as fucked up as that is it is true. it's too late for them.

I wonder how hard it was to hack into those accounts. Were they able to hack in because of a lame password like 'password,' or did the person potentially spend their entire summer learning code and going through a whole bunch of cyber gymnastics just to catch a glimpse of famous boobies?

Either scenario is hilarious to me.

What isn't so hilarious is how privacy leaks like this are almost normalized. There is no sacred space. Everything is kept on file, on record and can potentially be used against you. And they're hack able to the layman.

As as for the celebrity nude vs. normal person nude argument, both situations are deplorable but a celebrity has better chance of using the scandal as a platform to further their career ( many a modern starlet have gotten into the limelight because of a sex tape or raunchy behaviour) than a normal person, who has a significantly smaller network of people and things going on in their lives and isn't psychologically prepped to have people prying into their lives the same way celebs are.

[MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] Oh yeah, they are slaves under contract! That's messed up!

Well, I think that might be a bit unfair. I get the impression that a lot of celebrities due to their schedules and obligations end up spending a lot of time away from their SO. They probably share these photos with them because it makes them feel sexy and it keeps a little freshness going in the relationship when they can't physically be together.

Some people do it as foreplay and it is incorporated into their regular sex life. There's always the danger that someone is going to abuse that, but I don't think most people in that situation think the person they love right now would share those images. Nor do people think that everything is going to be hacked and stolen on such a huge level.

Yeah but how naive could u be to send that to SO, regardless if you're a celebrity or not? Any "ex" can post your business. One time in high school, this dude showed me a nude of a girl that the girl sent to her "recent" boyfriend! Not everybody is such a "trusting" person!

[MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION] It was probably some nasty teen genius who's really good at computer science or something!