[INFJ] - Law of Attraction? What's your take on the subject? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Law of Attraction? What's your take on the subject?

I apparently posed a question that I now wish I wouldn't have. One of those moments where I should have gone with question number 2, which was to not ask. I see so much discord in the responses.

Eh, I'll refrain next time.

Thanks for the effort. I'll go back to keeping silent. I believe I have made a mistake.

Oh...look over there....I see a good book I should go read....

Exit...stage...(not telling)....look at me...do you see me escaping? Nothing to see here...

(closes laptop slowly, unplugs laptop, puts laptop under the couch, walks away slowly without turning my back to it...)

Don’t be shy, we’re a diverse community and you apparently made an interesting thread. What are your thoughts on your topic?

Nah. I don't care. I'm still going to talk. You can listen, or you can leave.

I don't have a "scientific explanation". It's up to you to accept or reject what someone else has to say, not to demand an explanation that fits your prejudice.
Yeah I'm just going to chime in here. That's not how rational discussion works. If you make a claim, you have to provide some reasoning, evidence or proof for that claim. The more miraculous the claim, the more substantial the evidence required for someone to accept your claim. Ginny is very right to 'demand' an explanation.

Load of shit.

Shit.

Load.

There's a such thing as increasing the probability of success, however to suggest that the outcome of every circumstance is entirely in one's control is entirely a load of shit.
giphy.gif

@Sloe Djinn - I've seen the responses. I see the diversity. I understand it much to well. Although I did see a couple responses where the poster attempted to add to it with logic and some statements that are known in science and research that is continuing, I thought the subject was worth inquiring about. As I read through the responses, I realized why I just observe usually. I also realized that I apparently held higher expectations for responses. That's my fault. I held an expectation that I now know I should not have. I'm not so sure I can form a proper response to suit anyone's understanding or opinion. All I read was nothing more than a metaphoric dog fight of minds. Rabidness. Some of the responses may well have been through a frothing of the mind. That was not expected. I can't allow myself to be a part of a mental brawl. That's not why I posted the question and posed it as I did.

I would like to think that everyone meant well in their responses. I know I did when I posted it. But, the old adage says 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions.' Even if that adage is a metaphor...my first thought as I read the responses was 'Aw, hell...wtf?!' There again, my fault. Won't happen again. I can assure you of that.

Sorry man, that's not why I asked. That's not why I'm here. I have nothing more to say even though I could. It's already become moot. It doesn't matter to me anymore. It's not worth the effort wasted.

@Ginny - Thank you. I saw your responses. I know you tried. That's all I can say at this point....

I'm feel bad for even posing the question. A debate is a debate, until it becomes an argument. I'm just going to stay out of it. I'd rather the post be deleted. But, it is what it is.

Attachments

• 364 - Copy.jpg
    364 - Copy.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 2
The Law of Attraction
What you put out into the multiverse returns back to you as every thing is connected.

If we put the work into it it will pay off, if we merely sit back on our laurels and wish for it...well you'll have a basket full of wishes in the end. When we act as if we already have the thing we desire, we often open the opportunity to attain that which is desired.

@Sloe Djinn - I've seen the responses. I see the diversity. I understand it much to well. Although I did see a couple responses where the poster attempted to add to it with logic and some statements that are known in science and research that is continuing, I thought the subject was worth inquiring about. As I read through the responses, I realized why I just observe usually. I also realized that I apparently held higher expectations for responses. That's my fault. I held an expectation that I now know I should not have. I'm not so sure I can form a proper response to suit anyone's understanding or opinion. All I read was nothing more than a metaphoric dog fight of minds. Rabidness. Some of the responses may well have been through a frothing of the mind. That was not expected. I can't allow myself to be a part of a mental brawl. That's not why I posted the question and posed it as I did.

I would like to think that everyone meant well in their responses. I know I did when I posted it. But, the old adage says 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions.' Even if that adage is a metaphor...my first thought as I read the responses was 'Aw, hell...wtf?!' There again, my fault. Won't happen again. I can assure you of that.

Sorry man, that's not why I asked. That's not why I'm here. I have nothing more to say even though I could. It's already become moot. It doesn't matter to me anymore. It's not worth the effort wasted.

@Ginny - Thank you. I saw your responses. I know you tried. That's all I can say at this point....

I'm feel bad for even posing the question. A debate is a debate, until it becomes an argument. I'm just going to stay out of it. I'd rather the post be deleted. But, it is what it is.
Nah'aaah.

All some of us argued for is evidence to back up a bold theory we aren't inclined to believe. But hey, prove us wrong and I'm sure @Lady Jolanda and @Pin are more than happy to thank you for enriching their knowledge.

People like them and @Ginny here are genuinely interested in beauty and truth, but the folks over here are very good at scrutinising brought in arguments and weigh assertions. They respond in a very conscientious way and did nothing more than respectfully question certain bold assertions.

Besides, this debate is peanuts compared to other threads.

As we used to say back home, calm your gobblebogs and fiddle me rocombrody me good fella and a tuppence for yer trouble squire beause this is messing with at least four-and-three-quarters out of seven of my chakras.

Nah'aaah.

All some of us argued for is evidence to back up a bold theory we aren't inclined to believe. But hey, prove us wrong and I'm sure @Lady Jolanda and @Pin are more than happy to thank you for enriching their knowledge.

People like them and @Ginny here are genuinely interested in beauty and truth, but the folks over here are very good at scrutinising brought in arguments and weigh assertions. They respond in a very conscientious way and did nothing more than respectfully question certain bold assertions.

As we used to say back home, calm your gobblebogs and fiddle me rocombrody me good fella and a tuppence for yer trouble squire beause this is messing with at least four-and-three-quarters out of seven of my chakras.
Is the above statement not a bold assumption of its own?
I attempted to back up my opinion to some extent, and I don't think my reasoning was objectionable. Perhaps my way of explaining myself is not to your particular liking.
Oh well you can't please everyone.

This is a pointless argument but as you tagged me into this post I'm presuming your counting me as one not standing for 'beauty and truth'
Bizarre.

Reactions: Professor Snep
Nah'aaah.

:blushy:

Is the above statement not a bold assumption of its own?
Duh.

I'm presuming your counting me as one not standing for 'beauty and truth'. Bizarre.
Wut, please don't feel left out of the Beauty 'n Truth squad because I didn't tag you. Because I'll go back and edit a tag.

Now, with the permission of you, kind ladies, I'd like to retreat behind my emotional walls again. I've made some hot cocoa and I'm not going to spill more kindness and loving world onto this world.
15338.jpg

Yes I think that was actually the intended purpose of all this debacle. :grin:
I'm sorry I didn't read the links you provided last night, so I avoided adressing them. I will do so after writing this.

But I also hold the belief that we know too little in science to make claims about correlations between the brain, consciousness and effects on the universe. Of course, I don't mean to say that noone has the right to make such claims, that they do, but when you talk about neurons in that fashion, you also have to consider that they only make up about 10% of our brain matter, if it is even that much. We don't know what all the brain cells do, only in the last years (I don't know the exact time) we learnt about glia cells and their communication. Scientifically, we are far away from proof, and this is what we seek.

We can talk about meditation scientifically, but we don't know how the effects come about. Still, there were studies that proved the presence of correlations between meditation and its effects.
I just looked at the doctor's autobio, but not yet the vids, so bear with me. His seems a very nebulous field, and it will take some hard evidence to make it anything else than a bold claim. I have read that the scientific community refrains from publishing his works, allegedly because of their bias. But if there are papers published on meditation, why not his work? On the other hand, if his work isn't scientifically significant, why is he employed to speak at universities? Just some food for thought.

I just skimmed this, might be interesting for the more "left-brained" :p. https://drjoedispenza.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

Reactions: AUM and Littlelissa
Duh?
I feel like I'm arguing with my little brother.

Don't worry I'll send the box ambulance.
The whole hypothesis is grounded on observations made during medical imaging studies, in which subparts of the visual cortex showed high intensity during both mental imagery tasks and actual visual stimuli. Now, those results are open for interpretation, but it's quite far-fetched to conclude that individuals wouldn't be able to make a distinction between factual reality and imagination. If that would be true, daily interaction with the real world and your loved ones would be quite difficult. In philosophical arguments that wouldn't be much of a problem, but it is when people like Despenza want to make it a scientific debate, but do not adhere to the scientific method.

Besides that, Hebbian theory (the part about "firing together and wiring together") only applies to a small subset of neurons, and therefore only accounts for part of learning theory. I was referring to that concept when I posted the meme about "cherry picking". It leads to a huge amount of confounding and foregone conclusions in his ideas (imo).

Is it a "law"? Who knows, who cares.

More importantly, how are you going to do what it is that you need to do for yourself to achieve your goals?

I believe that there is something to be said for being mindful of the content of our thinking. unhappiness and stress can make you ill and a complaining and begrudging attitude can blight your life. ... and feeling gratitude is the quickest route to happiness.
Perhaps this is a broad way of approaching the argument, but still in some way pertains to the law of attraction?

Perhaps it's the word 'law' that is the bone of contention here, but I see this in a broader sense.

Last edited:
What is your take on the Law of Attraction? Any offerings of anything related or pertaining to it, positive or negative in an objective analytical manner would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
It appears to me that the responses you have received were what you asked for.

My take on the subject is that some people are more fortunate in life than others. I think if people think more positively and assert themselves, they are likely to have a nice life. Not because the universe was asked, but because they worked for it.

I have more thoughts I will add later.

Last edited:

Martyrdom is never a good look, and will not compel reasonable people to take your ideas more seriously.

I still haven't seen where you've offered anything of substance in support of your original post. You might be better served to do that, instead of acting like the rest of us have done something wrong by responding in a manner contradictory to your expectations.