[INFJ] - Law of Attraction? What's your take on the subject? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Law of Attraction? What's your take on the subject?

Mar 24, 2018
In thought
MBTI
INFJ-T
I'm not aware if this subject has been posted about prior to now. I speculate that it has been, so...if it has been I apologize...

However...

I ponder the subject quite often. I always felt as if I understood it, yet, I have come to find and experience that I was incorrect in what I thought was a decent understanding of it. To clarify this, even still in current analysis of it due to several mind's eye opening experiences that are currently well in effect, I am curious as to anyone else's interpretations, understandings, or experiences having successful employment such a seemingly obscure and all but dismissed and nearly discredited aspect of life.

Just to say, I have a confident personal belief and understanding in knowing that chaos on the outside creates chaos on the inside which ultimately reflects outwardly and in such a flow it becomes a vicious circle, sometimes of extremely undesirable circumstances and/or consequences.

Some recent events in my personal life have really opened my understanding. Made my foundations quake and nearly blew out the windows, walls and roof of my own person. I am continuing a positive flow, yet still feeling it appropriate to assess it to understand it more due to realizing I thought I understood but as I have found...I really did not as I thought I did. The results as they are currently...they are like night and day. Experimenting with this via honest means for a better quality of life, as always, I am striving, have always attempted to via honest effort, and with intent to always strive forward in such a manner, either slow or fast progression in this is not the matter of mention. What is the matter of mention is how quickly it can happen, or occur right under our own noses, sometimes without noticing right away until it hits you like like a sack of bricks and you have a moment of 'wtf?' being slow to realize such things have occurred and you failed to notice until it is shown to you in the exact manner manifested by your own will almost subconsciously lead by something other almost instinctively even when you have displayed apprehension and hesitation. As if guided by something unfathomable, unseen, yet felt in awareness of the unknown, the speculated, the obscure...in a humorous sense, as a Jedi knows and understands and uses 'the Force.' Or, even if...something that could also be described as divine influence, not necessarily of or in religious description, but more-so, something much bigger than we all have any ability to understand. I am not a religious person, however, I am universal in mind. I don't normal inquire with such questioning, but the events as of late have all but left me speechless, even in thought feeling I am not to question, I am only to instinctively do as I know and have known I should, be it misguided, or seemingly guided.

There is something at work that I have always felt and had some understanding of, yet untouchable with an inability to put a proverbial finger on it's exacting origins. I have my questions, my suspicions. It could be many things, yet I do have a recurring thought, and feeling that it's not something to question because we will never the answer. This may be classified under mysticism, so I do apologize if this is not the correct location to for such a topic of inquiry.

And, just to say...and, lastly...

The current events in my personal life are astounding and I am in awe of it all in quite an in-depth way. It's quite otherworldly, inner-worldly, the same as it is outer-worldly...It's occurring swiftly in manifestation. Almost a fairytale-like unfolding of a story. Where nightmares become dreams in the waking world knowing I am not asleep...

What is your take on the Law of Attraction? Any offerings of anything related or pertaining to it, positive or negative in an objective analytical manner would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

The Law of Attraction works in the sense that it causes you to do the things that will create circumstances of opportunity, thus making your odds of success much greater than doing nothing.

Basically, they are just marketing openness, foresight and intuition.

Load of shit.

Shit.

Load.

There's a such thing as increasing the probability of success, however to suggest that the outcome of every circumstance is entirely in one's control is entirely a load of shit.

Last edited:
Sounds like the TLDR version is “Wow! What do you guys think?”

I just googled it because I’m lazy. It sounds like a term that’s been around forever but all I see are fairly recent references to what looks like a self-help fad. Maybe that’s the idea, to make it sound like something far older which makes it seem more credible. Think about x and you will achieve x.

There are some obvious benefits to envisioning future success, maintaining a positive outlook and emotional state, and shaping one's behavior and thought patterns toward these goals. Generally speaking, an optimistic attitude is a good thing as it goes a long way toward precluding defeatism (i.e. the "self-fulfilling prophecy" that can accompany a pessimistic viewpoint).

So while the concept has some value, touting it as a "law" or viewing these practices as connected to some universal construct is a dubious path. Human beings are specks of bacteria on a mote of dust. In the grand scheme of the universe we are not all that important. We merely have the cognitive capacity to view ourselves as such.

It's simple.

Like others have said, you're increasing your probability of success the more hell bent your fixation is.
If that were the case, things wouldn't be as they are now.

Reactions: Misty
What is the context? What are "things"?

Really vague statement.
That is not important. The mere implication of the concept - as you put it - is that whoever has the willpower will win. I can have however much of willpower as I can, things still won't turn out the way I want them to. There's no such thing as magic. Tragic, I know.

Agreed, however, in my understanding of physics, we are more than human beings, and capable of willing
It seems then that your understanding of physics is different from all the other scientist's I know... of. Willpower has no impact on the universe, not even in anything I know about quantum physics. And being "more than human beings" defies the very definition of the term human being.

I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but stupidity should be treated as the virus that it is. So, nothing against you personally.

Human beings are specks of bacteria on a mote of dust. In the grand scheme of the universe we are not all that important. We merely have the cognitive capacity to view ourselves as such.

Whatever man, I'm an awesome speck

That is not important. The mere implication of the concept - as you put it - is that whoever has the willpower will win. I can have however much of willpower as I can, things still won't turn out the way I want them to. There's no such thing as magic. Tragic, I know.

It seems then that your understanding of physics is different from all the other scientist's I know... of. Willpower has no impact on the universe, not even in anything I know about quantum physics. And being "more than human beings" defies the very definition of the term human being.

I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but stupidity should be treated as the virus that it is. So, nothing against you personally.

Sorry fam, I backtracked on that, hence my sentence looking very incomplete.

However; human consciousness IS part of the universe. Everything carries a vibrational frequency, however high or low. Is it substantial? That is relative. But yes, willpower has every bit of an impact on the universe.

Sorry fam, I backtracked on that, hence my sentence looking very incomplete.

However; human consciousness IS part of the universe. Everything carries a vibrational frequency, however high or low. Is it substantial? That is relative. But yes, willpower has every bit of an impact on the universe.
Ok then, define human consciousness in scientific terms. Afterwards, if the first 2 sentences have any connection, which has not been proven, then we can talk. Until then, this is mere superstition.

Ok then, define human consciousness in scientific terms. Afterwards, if the first 2 sentences have any connection, which has not been proven, then we can talk. Until then, this is mere superstition.

Nah. I don't care. I'm still going to talk. You can listen, or you can leave.

I don't have a "scientific explanation". It's up to you to accept or reject what someone else has to say, not to demand an explanation that fits your prejudice.

If that were the case, things wouldn't be as they are now.

Let me elaborate on this one a bit more.

You think about something. It envelopes the horizons of your mind.

Those thoughts become actions. That's it.

That's the law of attraction.

Reactions: Wyote
Nah. I don't care. I'm still going to talk. You can listen, or you can leave.

I don't have a "scientific explanation". It's up to you to accept or reject what someone else has to say, not to demand an explanation that fits your prejudice.
You were the one to claim having "physics" on his side. If you can't handle it, sorry mate.

FYI, I can stay and listen. I just don't have to listen to you.

You were the one to claim having "physics" on his side. If you can't handle it, sorry mate.

FYI, I can stay and listen. I just don't have to listen to you.

Everything is physics, matey-mate.

Everything.