Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Divergent

(it was much better than i expected, personally.)

I revisited 964 Pinocchio last night and was reminded of how much I loved it. It's probably the only movie I know of that can rapidly shift between cute, disgusting, and nightmarish and still maintain a watchable flow.

The Maze Runner

(i liked it)

Defiance starring Daniel Craig. I always find watching films which has a "true story" element to it deeply inspiring....certainly provokes you to engage with the material as opposed to just leisurely watching a film as though in an apathetic trance.

I've been on a bit of a Lynch kick lately. Watched Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.

The former is one of my favourite movies. There are so many ways to interpret it. A subversive take on the damsel in distress trope; a film about destruction of innocence; a journey that starts with the protagonist getting kicked out of hell for curiosity and then journeys through hell to eventually finds his way back to heaven.

One of the things Lynch is rarely gets credit for is his sense of humor. Mulholland Drive really demonstrates this. I don't think any other has made me feel such pervasive dread and such hilarity at the same time. The end had me jumping out of seat from fear, while bursting out laughing. It was so terrifying, yet so silly.

The acting in both movies is incredible. In fact I think it goes beyond acting in some places, the people reached a part of themselves in those movies. They were exposed to their deep longings and primal fears. A note should have been sent from the actors guild of America to them which just reads "You win". Nothing else

I can't find anything interesting to watch lately. I have started, then stopped about 8 films in the last week or so. I've come here to look for ideas. I may be too up to date.

Die Hard 2, was good.

Contact.

Not seen it in years. Had it bought for me today and it really made my evening. GREAT moments and fab questions raised in this film. Love Jodie Foster x

Re-watched sunshine...some difficult dilemmas face the crew which were interesting to see played out among the clearly different MBTI types that made up the crew

The interesting thing is that all the different types came together to create a collective strength but perhaps had limitations on their own

Cracking soundtrack

[video=youtube;_0UJk4EUzB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0UJk4EUzB0[/video]

Space station 76.
It was weird because it reminded me of my childhood.

Contact.

Not seen it in years. Had it bought for me today and it really made my evening. GREAT moments and fab questions raised in this film. Love Jodie Foster x

One of my favorites

As cool as I am.

I thought it better than the IMDB rating, which usually I can relate to.

220px-The_Boxtrolls_poster.jpg

Some folks said it was the best yet from Laika. It may have to sink in, but Coraline is still my favorite. Her story feels more personal, less like a commentary on society.

Technically, though, it was amazing. Well done all around. (Stick around through the credits.)

I really teared up. The lot of the boxtrolls, I think. They just wanna work, man. They just wanna be left alone to live and work.

My sister made me watched The Grand Budapest Hotel, and I absolutely loved it!!!!

Godzilla.
This movie had me rofl (on the inside obviously). I cant tell if they did this intentionally or not but..
The Japanese scientist did not do ANYTHING other than stand there and look confused. I mean he must have said maybe 5 words in the movie. He would just stand there with his mouth open and....that was it. Its just so crazy. Wtf? Anyone else notice this?

Godzilla.
This movie had me rofl (on the inside obviously). I cant tell if they did this intentionally or not but..
The Japanese scientist did not do ANYTHING other than stand there and look confused. I mean he must have said maybe 5 words in the movie. He would just stand there with his mouth open and....that was it. Its just so crazy. Wtf? Anyone else notice this?

The most recent Godzilla film had numerous points of being HILARIOUS but I do find things funny where others don't. I watched at the cinema. Not sure how well it will transfer to a small screen but it should be on Sky sometime soon, unless it is being saved for the Christmas viewing line up. I'll look out for the scientist when I watch it again.

Godzilla wasn't messing about! Loved his super intense pissed off roar near the end too.. and as for his surprise super power only seen in the cartoons?!!! HILARIOUS x

My sister made me watched The Grand Budapest Hotel, and I absolutely loved it!!!!

That was a sad, strange messed up movie. More so because it was based on real life events.

Good movie because its so out of the ordinary of something I would normally watch.

The Possession. Would recommend.

The signal good but no I did not get it.

The Rover - wholly jesus.

So I was drunk when I wrote that. Ill try to be more informational because I think these were both better than average movies.

The signal was good scifi so if ylu like scifi you should like it. I think to much of the movie though is left for you to guess at though.

The Rover was intense. I think it had some really good acting. It kind of reflects a nightmare of mine concerning where the huma race may end up. Where no one cares about anything any more. The very end scene though kind of turns everything around which is really odd given what its about. I think its a movie that should be watched though I cant really say why.

Last edited: