Last chance to take back our Democracy - Elector Petition | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Last chance to take back our Democracy - Elector Petition

ACD, be the next George Washington and take the country back. Mainly so I can call you-know-who Martha.
I just may run for a political office one day. I will be this town's Leslie Knope.

I just may run for a political office one day. I will be this town's Leslie Knope.

Be Leslie Nielsen instead.

Or be both parties.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I'm not a Republican or a Democrat.

Both parties need a complete revamp anyway.
Ummmm....
Errrrr...I hate to tell you but ....

Wow...this thread is still going.
This is almost as bad as the pizzagate thread.

Have you ever seen a dog that thinks it's a cat?
Well I think it's more complex than that. I can appreciate your misunderstanding. Given every post you make on this topic, you prove yourself incapable of critical thought, and only capable of spouting your party's line.

Well I think it's more complex than that. I can appreciate your misunderstanding. Given every post you make on this topic, you prove yourself incapable of spouting anything but your party's line.
I don't have a party.

I found this to be informative.

I'm not so sure democracy is a thing I want. The problem of "the tyranny of the many" is one that cannot be overcome by using democracy. We need a constitution that can protect the freedoms of the few from the tyranny of the many. We also need a constitution that is open to change. Any suggestions?

Reactions: James
Dude, I hope you are semi joking ? you almost sound like you want that to happen ? I think anything like you suggest might happen, would be catastrophic for ALL of America. Liberals and conservative bleed the same color blood. In reality ? I think its a divisive and misleading construct, which is holding America back more than anything.

I think across the west generally, what i think I see as the major issue is that a great many hard working people feel isolated and that although they are in reality (quite) wealthy, they don't 'feel' that. They don't have enough time off work, social and community contact, or disposable income (not for more junk possessions but to share time together).

I think it's that social isolation and division, which is driving the 'wedge' between people who used to eat, work, meet and talk to each other much more. Globalisation (which has been a great thing for some of the poorest people on earth) has brought a speed of change and challenge for which the west was not remotely prepared.

Also since Breaking Bad ended.. we are all looking for the next TV show to replace it, and nothing has really lived up to that yet.. lol And now back to Sports.. lol

This is such an important point. So important in fact I want to expand on it a bit. One of the greatest criticisms laid against Bush after invading Iraq in 2002 (I think?) is that he failed to bring security to the nation. Consequently his plans to stabilize Iraq backfired completely. Instead of viewing US actions as an attempted liberation, Iraqis came to view them as an attempted occupation. This lead to the rise of Al-Qaeda.

If US media continues to make us feel divided, those on the outskirts will continue to feel insecure and isolated. And just like in Iraq, these people will lash out and cause fear and destruction. This bi-partisan view of America is so divisive it has to stop. Like James said, we all bleed the same blood.

Last edited: