Last chance to take back our Democracy - Elector Petition | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Last chance to take back our Democracy - Elector Petition

Seems kind of like a coup.
Learn the difference between a protest and a coup. I know we live in America, a land where people pick and choose convenient truth and facts and meanings of word definitions, but objective reality still exists.

Last edited:
Learn the difference between a protest and a coup. I know we live in America, a land where people pick and choose convenient truth and facts. Objective reality still exists.

A protest is seeking a change. In this case they want the president out. Seems like a coup. Granted it is really just a themed party in this case.

A protest is seeking a change. In this case they want the president out. Seems like a coup. Granted it is really just a themed party in this case.
Legally, they are free to protest his presidency. They are not free to violently overthrow the government.

They are free to protest his presidency. They are not free to violently overthrow the government.

They live in America, of course they are free.

Seems kind of like a coup.
There is rarely an excuse for bad behavior. That said, there is not "kind of coup" a coup is predicated on a realistic chance of actually displacing the head of an organization. Showing disapproval by legal demonstration falls under the category of letting your fellows know that you disapprove. Accusing demonstrators of "attempting a coup" is really censorship.

Reactions: acd
is rarely an excuse for bad behavior. That said, there is not "kind of coup" a coup is predicated on a realistic chance of actually displacing the head of an organization. Showing disapproval by legal demonstration falls under the category of letting your fellows know that you disapprove. Accusing demonstrators of "attempting a coup" is really censorship.
I suppose anyone can just bitch and moan yhen.Seems like a pointless activity to rally and complain without an expectation of implementing change.

I suppose anyone can just bitch and moan yhen.Seems like a pointless activity to rally and complain without an expectation of implementing change.
The expectation is that those in power realize there is a limit, that the "mandate" must be put in perspective, that 63 million voters are not going to just shut up and watch their country go down the tubes.

Reactions: Littlelissa and acd
The expectation is that those in power realize there is a limit, that the "mandate" must be put in perspective, that 63 million voters are not going to just shut up and watch their country go down the tubes.
So the expectation is that those in power aka trump is just going put in his two weeks. Ok seems doable. If I was president that would definitely sway me.

A limit to what exactly?

What are the 63 million going to do beside wait four more years while having an Anti-Trump party?

Last edited:
Reactions: the
I can't participate, but I may donate to keep it going.
I can think of so many other things that could do something constructive with donations.

Protesting the president may be satisfying, but it doesn't compare to paying for tuition/music classes/sports programs/books for the disadvantaged people in our lives.

Believing that only the government has a responsibility to take care of people cultivates the social indifference, which elects indifferent governments.

Reactions: the
How about that Trump huh?

Reactions: Eventhorizon
How about that Trump huh?

raw

Legally, they are free to protest his presidency. They are not free to violently overthrow the government.
They are not free to overthrow the government. Violently or non-violently.