Last chance to take back our Democracy - Elector Petition | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Last chance to take back our Democracy - Elector Petition

Sounds parasitic. I suppose that should be unsurprising.

How is this constructive? How does this contribute to anything?
It seems like you're just as bad, if not worse, than the people you disagree with.

How is this constructive? How does this contribute to anything?
It seems like you're just as bad, if not worse, than the people you disagree with.
If that's the conclusion you want to end up with, I am sure you will.

Politics is thousands of years old. There will be many future opportunities to take back the Democratic Party or a similar party. :expressionless:

You just called someone "parasitic". How is that constructive? Honestly?
Sometimes to build something better, you must tear down what is already there.

Sometimes to build something better, you must tear down what is already there.

So do it through arguments, not by actively comparing human beings to organisms that live inside hosts and benefit by eating its nutrients

So do it through arguments, not by actively comparing human beings to organisms that live inside hosts and benefit by eating its nutrients
What's wrong with metaphors, analogies, and similies?

What's wrong with metaphors, analogies, and similies?

Well, nothing, but if it's the only part of your post it doesn't contribute to anything.
If I write "I like apples" and you write "you're like a hemorrhoid" it doesn't do anything other than insult the other person and kill the discussion. If you wrote "you're like a hemorrhoid because apples give you diarrhea" or even "you're like a hemorrhoid because I like oranges" - that's another story.

Well, nothing, but if it's the only part of your post it doesn't contribute to anything.
If I write "I like apples" and you write "you're like a hemorrhoid" it doesn't do anything other than insult the other person and kill the discussion. If you wrote "you're like a hemorrhoid because apples give you diarrhea" or even "you're like a hemorrhoid because I like oranges" - that's another story.
It's implied. Occupying Trump sounds like something a tape worm would do. Comparing protesters to parasites is an allusion to how uncomfortable and non-beneficial the occupation is. Trump doesn't get anything constructive out of it.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
Not all parasites live on the inside of its host. I think comparing some humans to parasites is a reasonable thing to do in some circumstances. I appreciate your suggestion though. However I dont think I will be following it so be prepared to be confronted with the same at some point in the future should I be compelled.

Not all parasites live on the inside of its host. I think comparing some humans to parasites is a reasonable thing to do in some circumstances. I appreciate your suggestion though. However I dont think I will be following it so be prepared to be confronted with the same at some point in the future should I be compelled.
Like an oak with wood borers.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
Are they the ones that screw around one's eyebrows at night?
Likely.
Hey this is a good question I think and maybe @ezra can help answer it. If a cockroach crawls into your ear or nostril while you are sleeping, does it become a parasite at that point?

Likely.
Hey this is a good question I think and maybe @ezra can help answer it. If a cockroach crawls into your ear or nostril while you are sleeping, does it become a parasite at that point?

Huh. I don't know and I don't want to look it up xD

Likely.
No they're pests, not parasites.

Hmmmm There's at least two major types of Trump protesters:
1. Pests (large hoards of women with jobs).
2. Parasites (professional protesters, democrat shills, and attention whores).

Reactions: Flavus Aquila