Laptop problem | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Laptop problem

Laptop power adapters often get freaking hot when charging the battery. Maybe your first one melted, because of other factors added to that? To avoid it, keep in a cool place and plug it out of the outlet from time to time.

IMPORTANT: check your whole power supply. First, check the outlet which caused the problem. Maybe it should be changed. Second, check your main supply box. The real issue is probably not within your laptop but your electricity.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the power draw, I have a really old lap top and the battery is dead, but I keep it plugged in and never have melty issues. There is something that is drawing too much energy into the charger, and since your on charger # two there is one common denominator. the lap top...If its still under warranty take it in, if not its almost cheaper for you to take it apart and see...but It will NEVER go back together the same way. Yes, I speak from experience. I took apart a dell with a lose power port. I fixed it, but the screen died a month ago...

I have to agree with the power draw, I have a really old lap top and the battery is dead, but I keep it plugged in and never have melty issues. There is something that is drawing too much energy into the charger, and since your on charger # two there is one common denominator. the lap top...If its still under warranty take it in, if not its almost cheaper for you to take it apart and see...but It will NEVER go back together the same way. Yes, I speak from experience. I took apart a dell with a lose power port. I fixed it, but the screen died a month ago...

Oh, I never have extra parts left over when I work on laptops.

*sweeps loose screws under the carpet*