Knowing others better than they do | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Knowing others better than they do

I get defensive too, a lot of the time. I'm trying to work out that part of myself.

Same.

I think a part of it is we usually have a very clear vision of ourselves, and we seldom me others that are "depth seeking" as we are. So, when someone claims to say they know us and tell us what we do, we think "...you don't know me, you don't know the depth at which I go to learn about myself!", and we get defensive. I think it is sort of scary to think someone could know us better then ourselves, it is a bit of an ego blow.

Yeah I get this a lot. But people don't like to be told how they feel, so I keep quiet and be all like "Oh really?" when they confirm what I already knew.

Yep. People don't want to be told how they feel. They prefer to figure it out themselves. Only problem is, if I keep telling you that you're too close to the edge of the cliff, but you decide you're going to do it anyway, and then fall repeatedly (too often to count), then at some point I'm just going to stop. And I don't want to hear it anymore. I mean it.
:m197:

Last edited: