Jordan Peterson | Page 25 | INFJ Forum

Jordan Peterson

Okay, thanks for sharing. I didn't know about any of this.

It’s amazing what 90 seconds of Google-Fu can dig up which then can be cross-referenced in another 90.

I’ve done some drugs, but fuck me gently with a chainsaw, alcohol is some hard shit. I mean, of course it is given what it does in the brain (and liver), but some people go at it like they’ve set all controls for the heart of the sun.

I’ll be a judgmental prick for a second (secondary Fi allows this, lol), but I think willful intoxication by ethanol smacks of a certain self-disrespect, and to the degree I entertain such ideas, it seems spiritually unclean. Nasty stuff all around.

And I can say that even thinking a wee dram from Islay is veritable proof of the existence of God.

Cheers,
Ian

“He’s a fascinating and tragic personality. Obviously a brilliant mind that has been handicapped by runaway ego and alcoholism. His literary and philosophical analysis is some of the best on YouTube. But his doxxing of his ex wife for retaining full custody of his son and his current exploration of Hawthorne’s reincarnation via astrological charts are equal parts alarming and cringeworthy.”

“Yeah, he's pretty informative sometimes, but a dangerous personality. There is something hilariously unhinged about some of his videos that makes me feel bad for laughing, but he goes full on shitty sometimes. The self harm and alcoholism is tough to stomach.”

“I remember he used to drunkenly rant against the misogyny of Nietzsche, Jung, etc on twitter. Unfortunately he ended up becoming misogynistic himself.”

“some of his vids got recommended to me when I was studying GR & thought they were okay, but when he praised Werner Von Bronn & thought the epigraph was sincere, I realized he was not really to be taken seriously.”

from ye ol’ Reddit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And then using GoFundMe because you’ve been evicted?

I don’t know him at all, but a cursory search suggests he has the approach of a caricature of someone in used car sales.

That doxxing of his ex wife... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Ian

Also, I'm very open to ideas from any person and any source, so even if I listen to someone that doesn't mean I share their opinions or ideas, but I do find JDE's willingness to interphase with ideas from thinkers like Jean Gebser and Rudolf Steiner worthwhile. It may not look it with me on the surface, but I've explored ideas and things like reincarnation, divination, alchemy, necromancy, and a whole host of other things just because I want to know what's to know and what's there to be discovered.

Last edited:
I do, because over time it has proven to be the greatest of tells. Gotta stay safe, dontcha know?

There’s a dating rule many women speak of—ask about JP and if there is any enthusiasm, that’s where the story ends. End the date, or ghost.

Cheers,
Ian

If that would happen to me, I'd be happy. It goes both ways. Women who gost you because you're slightly enthusiastic about Peterson display they're brainwashed. Good riddance.

It’s amazing what 90 seconds of Google-Fu can dig up which then can be cross-referenced in another 90.

I’ve done some drugs, but fuck me gently with a chainsaw, alcohol is some hard shit. I mean, of course it is given what it does in the brain (and liver), but some people go at it like they’ve set all controls for the heart of the sun.

I’ll be a judgmental prick for a second (secondary Fi allows this, lol), but I think willful intoxication by ethanol smacks of a certain self-disrespect, and to the degree I entertain such ideas, it seems spiritually unclean. Nasty stuff all around.

And I can say that even thinking a wee dram from Islay is veritable proof of the existence of God.

Cheers,
Ian

Indeed and well said.

Also, I'm very open to ideas from any person and any source, so even if I listen to someone that doesn't mean I share their opinions or ideas, but I do find JDE willingness to interphase with ideas from thinkers like Jean Gebser and Rudolf Steiner worthwhile. It may not look it with mean on the surface, but I've explored idea and things like reincarnation, divination, alchemy, necromancy, and a whole host of other things just because I want to know what's to know and what's there to be discovered.

You’re speaking to a Ne-dom with ADHD and a Big 5 openness score that broke the meter, so you’re good with me. :p

Best,
Ian

You’re speaking to a Ne-dom with ADHD and a Big 5 openness score that broke the meter, so you’re good with me. :p

Best,
Ian

Good to know
giphy.gif

If that would happen to me, I'd be happy. It goes both ways. Women who gost you because you're slightly enthusiastic about Peterson display they're brainwashed. Good riddance.

Yes, it absolutely works both ways. Each dodges a bullet of a different caliber.

All ideologies are ultimately poisonous. Some are even venomous.

Cheers,
Ian

In years past, dating for me was like a quest to find those already unplugged—and sometimes, if they consented—unplug them.

And tangentially related—one of my superpowers is allowing other people to be their authentic selves, and have them know that is not just okay, but better than great.

Well, some people get a bit uncorked if they’ve never been offered that before. Wide-eyed and radiant. Happily freaked.

Personally, witnessing someone bloom in this way is among the most compelling things I will ever see.

Heh, people thought The Matrix was entertainment. Well, it was, but it was a tragedy and horror movie too. Masterful, really.

Cheers,
Ian

What type do you think Jordan Peterson is, ENTJ or ENFP?
I agree with @Cinnamonmints - ENFP. There is a lot of both thinking and feeling in how he projects himself, so neither is dominant, and the feeling is clearly Fi. He's also pretty intuitive in the way he relates together disparate sources and integrates them - but he does leap about in that space so Ne seems right. I think P is also appropriate from the way he is so agile in debate.

There is a big BUT though. He is a very public figure with a lot of projections cast onto him from the parts of society that bothers about such things. These projections can result in a very thick, dense persona, at least on the public stage. Without seeing how he is when he's relaxed in familiar company, I'm really not at all sure if this is his real type, or just that of his public face.

A real presumptuous type of animal then.
The intellect is very powerful and many good things have come from it both before and since The Enlightenment - but it isn't all the story, and not even the most important. This little clip is pure comedy, yet contains some deep philosophy. I saw early on in the five years I have been here that there is very much to learn from @Wyote - and far more from outside the intellect than within it. His challenges are more about who we are than what we think and say. They are always worth reflecting on very deeply, because they can break our shells of identity in a way that can free us and help us to grow. There is much of the shaman within him.

The intellect is very powerful and many good things have come from it both before and since The Enlightenment - but it isn't all the story, and not even the most important. This little clip is pure comedy, yet contains some deep philosophy. I saw early on in the five years I have been here that there is very much to learn from @Wyote - and far more from outside the intellect than within it. His challenges are more about who we are than what we think and say. They are always worth reflecting on very deeply, because they can break our shells of identity in a way that can free us and help us to grow. There is much of the shaman within him.

Indeed, yet my instincts tell me otherwise and well, I never rail against them.

Indeed, yet my instincts tell me otherwise and well, I never rail against them.

If you met me in person I'd make more sense to you.
Online, some people get me, some people don't.

Just try to assume I'm in no way against you, it's true.

If you met me in person I'd make more sense to you.
Online, some people get me, some people don't.

Just try to assume I'm in no way against you, it's true.

If you met me in person, then I'd make less sense to you.
In person some people get me, most don't.

Just try to assume cooked coyote isn't on my personal menu, cheers.

Reactions: aeon