Jordan Peterson | Page 24 | INFJ Forum

Jordan Peterson

I am using a comical term for pseudo-intellectuals and otherwise unstable folks that might use him and his ideologies as a weapon
What's your criterion for intellectualism?

Would you consider yourself an intellectual?

John David Ebert is a mystic and a fan of the occult, but so was Carl Jung.

Last edited:
What's your criterion for intellectualism?

Would you consider yourself and intellectual?

John David Ebert is a mystic and a fan of the occult, but so was Carl Jung.

I consider myself a Space Coyote™

Still he has some level of notoriety and therefore followers.
How much notoriety does John David Ebert have? He strikes me as relatively obscure. His YouTube videos have views that range within the 1,000s to 10,000s that's not major notoriety. His sales are also pretty low on Amazon. He definitely doesn't have a Newyork times best seller, so just what makes him notorious?

Followers are generally misguided in many ways.
Outsiders are usually uncritical, uniformed, and misguided in their suspicion of novelty

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon
What kind of whacko are you?

Space Coyote™

There is statistical, demographical, and personality data on who watches Jordan Peterson videos. I just cite what they express.

Yes exactly. I'm just looking for the Ebert data out of curiosity.
But as you mentioned, it is severely lacking at the moment.
Nevertheless, I remain curious.

Reactions: John K and aeon
Look, I come with researched thoughts and opinions, not emotions

I don't ever recall writing anything about people abusing or misusing or misunderstanding Jordan Peterson's ideas.

I'm not interested in playing the semantics game and I'm not interested in this topic on a whole anyway

Last edited:
Yes exactly. I'm just looking for the Ebert data out of curiosity.
But as you mentioned, it is severely lacking at the moment.
Nevertheless, I remain curious.

I wouldn't say you have a mere curiosity if you're calling them whackos. I don't know if John David Ebert will ever be popular enough for there to be a study conducted by academics on who actually watches his videos. After Jordan Peterson's debate with Kathy Newman people became very interested in Jordan Peterson's audience. I am especially doubtful this will be done with JDE since JDE is anti-modern academia, a marginal self-published amazon author, and YouTube vlogger. I see.

Last edited:
How much notoriety does John David Ebert have?

“He’s a fascinating and tragic personality. Obviously a brilliant mind that has been handicapped by runaway ego and alcoholism. His literary and philosophical analysis is some of the best on YouTube. But his doxxing of his ex wife for retaining full custody of his son and his current exploration of Hawthorne’s reincarnation via astrological charts are equal parts alarming and cringeworthy.”

“Yeah, he's pretty informative sometimes, but a dangerous personality. There is something hilariously unhinged about some of his videos that makes me feel bad for laughing, but he goes full on shitty sometimes. The self harm and alcoholism is tough to stomach.”

“I remember he used to drunkenly rant against the misogyny of Nietzsche, Jung, etc on twitter. Unfortunately he ended up becoming misogynistic himself.”

“some of his vids got recommended to me when I was studying GR & thought they were okay, but when he praised Werner Von Bronn & thought the epigraph was sincere, I realized he was not really to be taken seriously.”

from ye ol’ Reddit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And then using GoFundMe because you’ve been evicted?

I don’t know him at all, but a cursory search suggests he has the approach of a caricature of someone in used car sales.

That doxxing of his ex wife... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Ian

I wouldn't say you have a mere curiosity if you're calling them whackos

I say a lot of crazy shit, least of which is using the word whackadoodles*

I am especially doubtful this will be done with JDE since JDE is anti-modern academia, a marginal self-published amazon author, and YouTube vlogger. I see.

I already said as much

I don't care about Jordan Peterson's followers.

I do, because over time it has proven to be the greatest of tells. Gotta stay safe, dontcha know?

There’s a dating rule many women speak of—ask about JP and if there is any enthusiasm, that’s where the story ends. End the date, or ghost.

Cheers,
Ian

“He’s a fascinating and tragic personality. Obviously a brilliant mind that has been handicapped by runaway ego and alcoholism. His literary and philosophical analysis is some of the best on YouTube. But his doxxing of his ex wife for retaining full custody of his son and his current exploration of Hawthorne’s reincarnation via astrological charts are equal parts alarming and cringeworthy.”

“Yeah, he's pretty informative sometimes, but a dangerous personality. There is something hilariously unhinged about some of his videos that makes me feel bad for laughing, but he goes full on shitty sometimes. The self harm and alcoholism is tough to stomach.”

“I remember he used to drunkenly rant against the misogyny of Nietzsche, Jung, etc on twitter. Unfortunately he ended up becoming misogynistic himself.”

“some of his vids got recommended to me when I was studying GR & thought they were okay, but when he praised Werner Von Bronn & thought the epigraph was sincere, I realized he was not really to be taken seriously.”

from ye ol’ Reddit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And then using GoFundMe because you’ve been evicted?

I don’t know him at all, but a cursory search suggests he has the approach of a caricature of someone in used car sales.

That doxxing of his ex wife... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Ian

Okay, thanks for sharing. I didn't know about any of this.