Jesus said "No one can come to the Father except through me". Discuss. | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Jesus said "No one can come to the Father except through me". Discuss.

I've got a little something to say about this.

A person who is part of an indigenous tribe dies. He/she has never heard of Christianity, Jesus, Islam, Judaism, etc. The only religion they have ever known is their own indigenous belief system. If Christianity is the true religion, and the only way to "heaven" is through a relationship with Jesus, what happens to the person who, through no fault of their own, has never heard of him?

A person who is part of an indigenous tribe dies. He/she has never heard of Christianity, Jesus, Islam, Judaism, etc. The only religion they have ever known is their own indigenous belief system. If Christianity is the true religion, and the only way to "heaven" is through a relationship with Jesus, what happens to the person who, through no fault of their own, has never heard of him?

Christians are told that these people will become lost souls, burn in hell, that's why it is so important to get out there and spread the word to every last corner of the planet.

But yeah, it's easy to see that Abraham's secret intergalactical point of contact is a bit narcissistic when it comes to forming most of his rules.

Do you believe in reincarnation? I do. Hell is right here on earth, on a world tour. It has currently parked itself in Syria.

Reactions: Norton
Well saying they lived a perfect life they'd go to heaven, falling short of that they go to hell.

Well saying they lived a perfect life they'd go to heaven, falling short of that they go to hell.

Inclusivists believe they will be judged by their reaction to the light they received. Salvation is God's business, I believe he wants everyone back. I'm inclusivist. Jesus died not jist to save us, bit to give the world the opportunity for salvation.

Inclusivists believe they will be judged by their reaction to the light they received. Salvation is God's business, I believe he wants everyone back. I'm inclusivist. Jesus died not jist to save us, bit to give the world the opportunity for salvation.

If they lived according to the light they had, then yes, they will be in Heaven.

Christians are told that these people will become lost souls, burn in hell, that's why it is so important to get out there and spread the word to every last corner of the planet.

But yeah, it's easy to see that Abraham's secret intergalactical point of contact is a bit narcissistic when it comes to forming most of his rules.

Do you believe in reincarnation? I do. Hell is right here on earth, on a world tour. It has currently parked itself in Syria.

I am an atheist agnostic, but I've always considered reincarnation to be the most sensible theory of life after death, yes. Besides, I've had vivid memories and dreams of past lives.

I feel like when you die and go to be judged, you still have a chance to change your mind, shift your viewpoint, what have you to make it in.Being judged is a process that takes times not an instantaneous event. That's my own thoughts based on my years of lazy study of theology

Who cares? /Republican

Reactions: Saru Inc and acd
I am an atheist agnostic, but I've always considered reincarnation to be the most sensible theory of life after death, yes. Besides, I've had vivid memories and dreams of past lives.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter which path one pursues to spirituality as long as one actually has spirituality. You made the point perfectly; people who are spiritual and know nothing about Jesus are still spiritual. Where I have problems is when Gods like to have some sort of sacrifices in order to keep them happy - kill a goat and drink it's blood, don't eat meat on Friday, starve yourself for a month, spend your free time to convert other-faithful, etc.

Regarding reincarnation, I have so many thoughts and feelings... too many to summarise.

Way I see it, Jesus spoke his mind, helped open people's eyes, both rich and poor, and practiced kindness towards everyone even when threatened with death by his fellow human beings. My personal belief is that god is existence, and that coming to god through Jesus means realizing the full potential of your existence by doing what you believe in and helping those who ask you for help.

I think that it's easy to get sidetracked or bogged down in scriptural interpretations. To me, this is missing the meaning entirely. But, I'm not Christian. I just think that someone who hung with people of all statuses and beliefs would not be likely to tell everyone that they have to believe in him only as Jesus to be "saved". I think it's more about his example than his specific identity.

edit: If taken literally at face value, I guess it just means he's the ultimate bouncer.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter which path one pursues to spirituality as long as one actually has spirituality. You made the point perfectly; people who are spiritual and know nothing about Jesus are still spiritual. Where I have problems is when Gods like to have some sort of sacrifices in order to keep them happy - kill a goat and drink it's blood, don't eat meat on Friday, starve yourself for a month, spend your free time to convert other-faithful, etc.

Regarding reincarnation, I have so many thoughts and feelings... too many to summarise.

RE: Bolded, not eating meat on Friday isnt to keep God happy. Unless you are referring to some other religion than Catholicism.

RE: Bolded, not eating meat on Friday isnt to keep God happy. Unless you are referring to some other religion than Catholicism.

It was not a targeted attack; little more than an abstract attack on silliness-at-large.

Way I see it, Jesus spoke his mind, helped open people's eyes, both rich and poor, and practiced kindness towards everyone even when threatened with death by his fellow human beings. My personal belief is that god is existence, and that coming to god through Jesus means realizing the full potential of your existence by doing what you believe in and helping those who ask you for help.

I think that it's easy to get sidetracked or bogged down in scriptural interpretations. To me, this is missing the meaning entirely. But, I'm not Christian. I just think that someone who hung with people of all statuses and beliefs would not be likely to tell everyone that they have to believe in him only as Jesus to be "saved". I think it's more about his example than his specific identity.

edit: If taken literally at face value, I guess it just means he's the ultimate bouncer.

So would you say you were a pantheist?

In the same way that it might be considered immoral to buy blank, recordable media on Sundays.

If that was all there was too it then it would seem silly to me as well. I can see you are just lumping everything into the "I dont like" category and criticizing things you dont know about so I will leave you to it.