Jesus said "No one can come to the Father except through me". Discuss. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Jesus said "No one can come to the Father except through me". Discuss.

I'm pretty sure that it means that only Christians can get into heaven. It's not exactly an effective agent of social control if you let people think that they can find the answer elsewhere, is it? It's also a typical tactic employed by the other great cults-- cut people off from the non-believers by convincing them that everyone else is evil and to be feared

I think Billy was joking? Jesus was sent by the Father, carrying out His direct wishes... no ego there. He's a better man than an INFJ on their best day. :)

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Found a frost giant

giant_snowman.jpg

It is my belief that we are only saved from our sins under the blood of Christ. We are held responsible for them otherwise. "The wages of sin is death."

As PurpleCrayons said. To elaborate, we are ALL sinners. Even the most devout, religious, well intentioned person. "The wages of sin is death." Christ shed his blood to save us from that eternal death. He has offered us salvation as a gift. We do not need to do anything other than accept that gift. It does not meant that only Christians will go to heaven. We will each be judged by the light we've been shown. A person who has never been told of Christ's love, but lives a good life will be in Heaven before a selfish Christian. Those who have knowledge of Christ's love but refuse to accept it, they are the ones who will not be in Heaven as they won't accept the gift.

1. How come only Jesus has the answers?
2. What is sin? Who judges it?

Reactions: Jill Hives
1. How come only Jesus has the answers?
2. What is sin? Who judges it?

God. And Jesus was a manifestation of God in mortal form, so technically he has the answers because he created them.

That's what I get anyway. The whole father/son/holy ghost thing is rather confusing.

God. And Jesus was a manifestation of God in mortal form, so technically he has the answers because he created them.

That's what I get anyway. The whole father/son/holy ghost thing is rather confusing.

Yeah but he is all that according to who?

Reactions: acd
Yeah but he is all that according to who?

Exactly why I am forever a skeptic on such matters. Word of mouth/written word by human beings.

Looking at the Bible, it was written a very long time ago. There are things in the Bible that have only relatively recently been realized as logical. In Leviticus there are laws about washing hands and quarantining people who are ill. These were only recognized by medical doctors as necessary in the last little bit of history. What person would have had that kind of insight without divine inspiration?

Why is hell necessary?

Hell is not necessary.

Reward and punishment is a core feature of all Abrahamic religions, right along with the mandate to meddle and convert the unfaithful and the other-faithful. Abraham was a fucking nutcase who knew nothing about God.

Reactions: acd
@alphawolf ive heard a perspective that 'hell' as depicted in revelations, as you being thrown into the lake of fire because not being in the book of life, is to be consumed by the fire. blanked out of existence. no suffering, no anything. we're not the beast, false prophet, or devil, so the ones not in the book of life will be consumed by the fire, burnt up to nothing, not being tormented forever in the fire. not exist anymore, void.

Revelations 20:7 And when the thousand years may be finished, the Adversary shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 and he shall go forth to lead the nations astray, that are in the four corners of the earth -- Gog and Magog -- to gather them together to war, of whom the number is as the sand of the sea; 9 and they did go up over the breadth of the land, and did surround the camp of the saints, and the beloved city, and there came down fire from God out of the heaven, and devoured them; 10 and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.

And I saw a great white throne, and Him who is sitting upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven did flee away, and place was not found for them; 12 and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls -- according to their works; 13 and the sea did give up those dead in it, and the death and the hades did give up the dead in them, and they were judged, each one according to their works; 14 and the death and the hades were cast to the lake of the fire -- this is the second death; 15 and if any one was not found written in the scroll of the life, he was cast to the lake of the fire.

Reactions: AKM
Enlighten me.
i'm not gonna summarize it up for you. if you dont try, you can remain ignorant. though, i encourage [MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION] and others to do so. its a perspective, a part of the Truth. God doesnt want you to just try to understand the christian perpective, He wants you to understand all the spiritual paths with an open mind and without judgement. God and the symbol of Christ is above the religion, the religion is just a means to attain the understanding. the Bible /= the religion. the religion isnt even of importance, the spiritual understanding is.

i'm not gonna summarize it up for you. if you dont try, you can remain ignorant. though, i encourage @just me and others to do so. its a perspective, a part of the Truth. God doesnt want you to just try to understand the christian perpective, He wants you to understand all the spiritual paths with an open mind and without judgement. God and the symbol of Christ is above the religion, the religion is just a means to attain the understanding. the Bible /= the religion. the religion isnt even of importance, the spiritual understanding is.

Yo, bro. Your god is not my God and neither one of us is right nor wrong for choosing the god that we choose to choose. I can accept that. Can you?

[MENTION=849]alphawolf[/MENTION] i implied that. it even implies that in the bible.

i'm not gonna summarize it up for you. if you dont try, you can remain ignorant. though, i encourage @just me and others to do so. its a perspective, a part of the Truth. God doesnt want you to just try to understand the christian perpective, He wants you to understand all the spiritual paths with an open mind and without judgement. God and the symbol of Christ is above the religion, the religion is just a means to attain the understanding. the Bible /= the religion. the religion isnt even of importance, the spiritual understanding is.

Well the trappings of custom and tradition sort of are important if you want to be a specific type of believer. If you believe in Jesus chances are you aren't spiritual you are Christian.

Well the trappings of custom and tradition sort of are important if you want to be a specific type of believer. If you believe in Jesus chances are you aren't spiritual you are Christian.
thats the problem. some people who are religious arent spiritual. thats a horrible generalization though, i wish we wouldnt even spread that any more. also, believing in jesus and not being spiritual is a bad connection. thats a very good spiritual goal.