Islam is a Religion of Peace | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Islam is a Religion of Peace

Take back America.
Right, we dont have to kill them. Just subdue them and send them back to where they came from!! But man, they could come back after they get home and regroup- maybe stronger, maybe with a vendetta. If there is no living with the blood thirsty fear mongering arabs, I say we just get it over with. :p
But seriously, america is already taken? Wait, you're native american, and you're wanting to get back at the christian crusaders! Brilliant!

Reactions: Saru Inc
Right, we dont have to kill them. Just subdue them and send them back to where they came from!! But man, they could come back after they get home and regroup- maybe stronger, maybe with a vendetta. If there is no living with the blood thirsty fear mongering arabs, I say we just get it over with. :p
But seriously, america is already taken? Wait, you're native american, and you're wanting to get back at the christian crusaders! Brilliant!

Matthew 7:6 said:
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

I'm done.

Reactions: Kmal
I'm done.
I'm just trying to make light of such a srs matter - so far I've got that Islam is a religion of war, and they took America. What's next? Is this just a vent thread for your distaste of Islam? Do you not think we can live peacefully with one another?

I'm just trying to make light of such a srs matter - so far I've got that Islam is a religion of war, and they took America. What's next? Is this just a vent thread for your distaste of Islam? Do you not think we can live peacefully with one another?

Interesting.

Religion is by its nature is violent. As religion attacks reality and reason. Until religion dies there will not be wide spread peace.

Last edited:
Islam is a Religion of Peace and I'm the Dalai Lama.

I'm trying to decide, no offence, if I should even try to debate with anyone on this forum about anything anymore. I have no problem with living peacefully with Muslims, I love Muslims like all others. The issue I have, is that the Islamic religion encourages hate/mistrust/violence. I forget if it was this topic or the other, but the fact that Lerxst posted the equivalence of Allah giving men to kill in his name, with Moses killing an Egyptian who was KILLING a Hebrew slave, really shows the lack of true comprehension of Christianity, despite what you guys say. I hear constantly "Oh, I study the Bible" etc. No you don't, you may have read the Bible, but only cynically in order to "prove your own points."

I will relate it to Gary, at my job, he read the Bible looking for contradictions. He gave me a list of them, they were crap. One said "and God was pleased with his creation," and in another book "God was displeased with his creation." What? If Human attempt to rise above their carnal selves, God will be pleased, but if we give in, he will be displeased, that's not a contradiction.

I feel like people (in general on this forum) feel like I'm doing the same thing, "Saru you're picking and choosing." But I'm not, I'm showing verses that say Allah condones, and continues to condone violence to this day. I even was straight forward and stated that there were some wars that God led, such as against Jericho, however in the Bible it is very explicit about NOT hating/judging/killing ANYONE. The Old Testament is different from the New Testament, there was much death in the Old Testament, because there was much sin and no medium to dispense of the Sin. Jesus was that medium, thus message of life and Love in the New Testament. God charges everyone to love, a direct contradiction with Islam.

The issue I have, is that the Islamic religion encourages hate/mistrust/violence. I forget if it was this topic or the other, but the fact that Lerxst posted the equivalence of Allah giving men to kill in his name, with Moses killing an Egyptian who was KILLING a Hebrew slave, really shows the lack of true comprehension of Christianity, despite what you guys say.

The Old Testament is different from the New Testament, there was much death in the Old Testament, because there was much sin and no medium to dispense of the Sin. Jesus was that medium, thus message of life and Love in the New Testament. God charges everyone to love, a direct contradiction with Islam.
Maybe the message they got from the koran was others are sinners and killers and thieves, so you must be able to defend your self. Maybe they think the best defense is a good offense. It's probably their culture that is the reason, maybe there was at times lots of bad people so the people had to be tougher to avoid being fucked. Maybe it's the environment, the heat and dryness making them all shriveled up and mean. Maybe some people are misusing that principle for evil- it's happened before with other religions.

Maybe the message they got from the koran was others are sinners and killers and thieves, so you must be able to defend your self. Maybe they think the best defense is a good offense. It's probably their culture that is the reason, maybe there was at times lots of bad people so the people had to be tougher to avoid being fucked. Maybe it's the environment, the heat and dryness making them all shriveled up and mean. Maybe some people are misusing that principle for evil- it's happened before with other religions.

Maybe we should quote the Koran to defend that, as I have quoted the Koran and the Bible. If you don't want to, that is fine, but then we cannot truly take your position as the position a Muslim may take. Don't take the personally, I'm not trying to be snarky, I am however quite confident I am correct. Why? Because I use to think it WAS a religion of peace, I thought it was simply too cliche for the A-rabs to be mongering fanatics. So I challenged the fact they were violent, and I was wrong that time. I re-evaluated my beliefs, and am absolutely sure now of it. Again, I've said this a few times, but I'm saying it more to the people who are reading but not posting, (YES YOU, I'M TALKING TO YOU: POST) but I do not hate Muslims, nor am I going to assume due to one being Muslim that one is automatically violent; but the god they worship preaches violences. There are Christians who are Christian, but hate because they do not read the Bible, perhaps there are Muslims who are good, and do not read the Koran, but are religious due to family, and thus are not hateful people.

I think overall though, the forum is just pulling my leg, because they know I bite at any bait, even if the bait is poisioned.

Maybe we should quote the Koran to defend that, as I have quoted the Koran and the Bible. If you don't want to, that is fine, but then we cannot truly take your position as the position a Muslim may take. Don't take the personally, I'm not trying to be snarky, I am however quite confident I am correct. Why? Because I use to think it WAS a religion of peace, I thought it was simply too cliche for the A-rabs to be mongering fanatics. So I challenged the fact they were violent, and I was wrong that time. I re-evaluated my beliefs, and am absolutely sure now of it. Again, I've said this a few times, but I'm saying it more to the people who are reading but not posting, (YES YOU, I'M TALKING TO YOU: POST) but I do not hate Muslims, nor am I going to assume due to one being Muslim that one is automatically violent; but the god they worship preaches violences. There are Christians who are Christian, but hate because they do not read the Bible, perhaps there are Muslims who are good, and do not read the Koran, but are religious due to family, and thus are not hateful people.

I think overall though, the forum is just pulling my leg, because they know I bite at any bait, even if the bait is poisioned.
I think I see- you want me to believe what you believe. I've read what you said, I'm just trying to grasp it. Why would someone follow islam and not do what it preaches? If that is the case, they are not islamic, they just claim to be. Where am I going wrong when I think that because you say the religion is a violent religion that the people who actually follow it should be violent too? You'll have to excuse my slowness, I'm just a human.

@Kmal

you want me to believe what you believe.

Your words, not mine - its a debate.

Why would someone follow islam and not do what it preaches?

Exactly.

If that is the case, they are not Islamic, they just claim to be. Where am I going wrong when I think that because you say the religion is a violent religion that the people who actually follow it should be violent too?

Because there's two issues with that; one) is the use of the word should, to indicate the likelihood of it, and word 'are' meaning how they actually live. Two, I am wary of your wording, because there are also Islamic people, who live in an Islamic culture, and are considered Muslim, despite their religious beliefs (like non practicing Jews).

I've read what you said, I'm just trying to grasp it.

I'm answering this out of order, but only because its easier to reference the above comment, then if I were to reply to this and say "read the answer to comment below." anyways, just as Christians are commanded to preach love, there are churches like Westboro Baptist, or the North Carolina church. If you were to ask them if they were Christian, they would say yes, praise God etc., in fact they may boast that they are the Christians most in sync with scripture, and all other Christians aren't true Christians. Well then, if you heard that, you might have a very skewed look on Christianity, if you had never heard of it before. So if you went to read the Bible, what would it prove? It would prove that they are wrong, they are the extremists and are actually NOT following God's laws, yes they are Christian, but not ones who model themselves after Christ. The same goes for peaceful Muslims, you might have a Mosque down the street, with very kind and gracious Muslims who love all yada yada, and you hear 'crackpots' (as I assume people think of me as such) like me talking about how they're terrorists. But how could this be? Every Muslim you know is so kind! Yes, those Muslims killed thousands in the world trade center, but they were extremists! Hmm.... Tough cookie to break open, how should we get answers? The news? No. The Muslims themselves? No, because both sides believe they are right, so thats just inviting bias. Then go read the Koran, you read it, and you're shocked! People believe Extremists/minority people have to be violent terrorists, no, they're just the minority. So the Muslims down the street are mocked by Muslims in Arabia? Yup.

This is why I post Bible verses to back up my statements, whereas you are NOT (edit: posting not vote... Idk why I wrote the word vote) Koran OR Bible verses to back up yours.

You'll have to excuse my slowness, I'm just a human.

Don't be an ass.

From the Koran, Chapter titled The Accenssions, proves my point on this post, unless you can disprove it with furter information from the Koran, or top Muslim scholars that say these vesres are no longer applicable.

[8.12] When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.
[8.13] This is because they acted adversely to Allah and His Apostle; and whoever acts adversely to Allah and His Apostle-- then surely Allah is severe in requiting (evil).
[8.14] This-- taste it, and (know) that for the unbelievers is the chastisement of fire.
[8.15] O you who believe! when you meet those who disbelieve marching for war, then turn not your backs to them.
[8.16] And whoever shall turn his back to them on that day-- unless he turn aside for the sake of fighting or withdraws to a company-- then he, indeed, becomes deserving of Allah's wrath, and his abode is hell; and an evil destination shall it be.
[8.17] So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them, and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy), but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Do not turn your back on Muslims who do not want war, unless it is to kill them. I'm really trying not be a sarcastic right now, but that pretty much ends the topic on whether its a religion of peace? Allah hates even those who stray from him.

Now the Bible is very clear it is a very, very harsh sin for anyone to put words into the mouth of Jesus, or the Bible. So when I say "and jesus said" and I post my opinion, I then say "or I believe so/my view/etc" However, here is what Jesus says to Christians who don't follow the tenets of the bible. (Such as Westboro)

Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’"

Interesting, that does sound like the Koran, Allah said all who say they are in his name, but are not will burn in hell.

However, the Bible then goes onto say

Not Peace, but a Sword

34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. 37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Interesting... Again, how is this different form the Koran? Saru, you silly boy you're killing your own side!

No, I'm trying to be fair, I'm putting all that is out there, for I am not ashamed of the Truth for I know the Truth, and it will set me free. Kmal, while you continue to post no scripture for or against your side, but argue as an athiest, I must then say you have no side, but of one to taunt. So i will complete my Biblical verse trio with this:

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.” 23 But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” 26 And he answered, “It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.” 27 She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eatthe crumbs that fall from their masters' table.” 28 Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.[e]

Now here's the climax of it, keep in mind I quoted all of the Koran verses from the same Chapter, and all the BIble verses from the same book (the Koran doesn't have books in the same way the Bible does). We have discussed it does not due to post random verses with no context, also why I post verse chunks, instead of single verses.

The Canaanites were enemies of Israel, mocking God, hating his people, and killing them any chance they could. But more interesting, is that the Canaanites came from the lineage of Cain, Abel's brother. So Jesus is in effect saying (again, in my opinion) here are you, the daughter of the one who committed the first murder. The daughter of the line that was once mine, but departed and now have devoted your lines to kill my people. But you came to me, asked for Forgiveness, and I came to you and healed your daughter. (spoken from Jesus point of view, but not his words, my view of what he said)

If you stray from the path of Islam, you are to be killed, and if you ever come "back" to Islam, you will still be an outsider for the rest of your life. However, if you stray from Jesus, but ask for forgiveness in faith, your past sins are nothing, you are forgiven without a thought. Now, I don't mean to be blasphemous, but I will make this into clear terms, it was almost as if Jesus was Hitler, and the lady a Jew, Jesus is forgiving GENERATIONS of war and hate and death and forgives her and heals her daughter. Because we ALL sin, and we ALL fall short of the Glory of God. God doesn't have favorites, but it sounds like Allah sure does.

edit: not sure if you've already seen this postand/or/are responding but I forgot to add this little part to the end:

The reason why Jesus is saying "I was sent here only for the Children of Israel" etc. etc., he is testing her to see if she truly believes in Him, He wants to make sure she isn't trying to pull a "hey lemme go see this Jesus guy and get my daughter healed, if not no sweat off my back". And even when He had told her "no. you are not what I came here for," thus finalizing her daughters fate she accepted that, but still showed her belief even after being denied. That's the crux of that verse: ask, and you shall receive.

Last edited:
When islam first began to grow it was barely even discearned by the byzantine authorities because there were so many 'heretical' forms of christianity around the fringes (and probably within) the greek speaking world. Many different perspectives were being preached by stylites and there were many different sects

Islam took the practise of praying 5 times a day from the syriac christian church, it venerated sites like jerusalem that was holy to christians, it sees itself as a branch on the same abrahamic tree as christianity and therefore it sees its god as the same god as the god of the christians

Islam sees jesus as a prophet (but it believes the gospels have been corrupted.....a view that some christians might even sympathise with)

Islam sees muhammed as the latest (and last) in a line of prophets

So really we are seeing an argument over the supremacy of prophets

The muslims don't disagree with the message of jesus its just that they have put forward their own prophet as a cap on the line of prophets

Lets face it there's nothing like having your own prophet to put your people on the map is there?

Perhaps a more comparitive approach would be better? Sure its good to listen to the perspective of these prophets but what about listening to the message of other cultures as well after all we all share the human legacy of the collective unconscious....this is the link that binds us all together

Every culture has its own stylistic quirks (sometimes that is created by the climate of the place its from eg dress, architecture, music whatever) but are there underlying trends.....no thats a horrible word.....underlying truths that can be discearned from all of these perspectives whether from individual prophets or from myths, legends and other products of the unconscious mind?

Perhaps a person today on an ayahuasca trip might see something that a prophet of the past has seen and glimpse a connection that spans all of us
@Kgal has often mentioned Joseph Campbell....he looked deeply into many different cultures and their myths and legends and he distilled his feelings on the matter down to the simple line 'follow your bliss'

Carl Jung is perhaps anothr authority because over a career spanning many decades he heard the accounts of thousands of peoples dreams directly from them......i mean how many people get that kind of insight? INFJ's need to feed their intuition so that it can join the dots but that is some serious input!

In his book 'Man and His Symbols' it talks about the Naskapi Indians who live in the forests of the Labrador peninsula. They are hunters that live in isolated family groups. Because of this isolation they have not developed a lot of the usual rituals and customs of larger communities or religious beliefs. Naskapi hunters often operate alone in a harsh environment fraught with risk and far from help. There is no religious teachers to advise the isolated hunter so they must rely on their own inner voice and 'unconscious revelations'.

They believe that the soul of man is an 'inner companion' whom they call 'my friend' or Mista'peo meaning 'Great Man'.

''Mista'peo dwells in the heart and is immortal; in the moment of death, or shortly before, he leaves the individual, and later reincarnates himself in another being.

Those Naskapi who pay attention to their dreams and who try to find their meaning and test their truth can enter into a deeper connection with the Great Man. he favours such people and sends them more and better dreams.

Thus the major obligation of an individual Naskapi is to follow the instructions given by his dreams, and then to give permanent form to their contents in art. lies and dishonesty drive the Great man away from one's inner realm, whereas generosity and love of one's neighbour and of animals attract him and give him life.

Dreams give the Naskapi complete ability to find his way in life, not only in the inner world but also in the outer world of nature. They help him foretell the weather and give him invaluable guidance in his hunting, upon which his life depends.'' (p.162)

When chrisitanity was in its early stages, some christians would withdraw from society and live in the desert (the 'desert fathers') in order to cultivate and develop their relationship with god. But what does such sensory deprivation do? It turns the thoughts inwards (the kingdom of heaven is within)

Far away from the mediterranean and the deserts of egypt there developed a 'celtic church' amongst.....well the peoples who fall under the term 'celt'. This branch of the christian church that allowed its priests to marry and looked to a simple, ascetic form of worship was eventually pushed aside by the Roman Catholic Church that preferred a more flambouyant form of worship.

The celtic church monks also sought solitude on the islands of Britain which at that time was the edge of the world (non american world). they withdrew to some pretty windswept, isolated places with harsh weather in order to cultivate and deepen their relationship with god.

here's some monks cells on the island of skellig michael on the edge of the atlantic ocean:
20080501-008.JPG

Here's the island itself:

skellig-michael-2.jpg

Pretty remote! That's a pretty extreme measure to go to to seek god. the point i'm trying to make is that its a journey inwards and has been since the beginning

A lot of what people associate chritianity or islam with now is just the accumulative bullshit of various cultures. the violence waged over land and oil or political ideology has clouded what its all about at the core

I think what an individual is doing to cultivate and deepen their relationship with god is what really matters and that it doesn't matter whether they are doing it with a christian flavour or an islamic flavour as long as they are looking within

Islam has its mystical side as well which has sometimes been persecuted by the mainstream orthodox because there is a tension between those who believe that religion is an inner personal experience and those who think that there is a single path through the emotional chaos and that the path is clearly defined in instruction manuals that must be interpreted literally

One side sees a deep connection with something all encompassing and transcendent and one side seems to see only words and likes to quote words with the precision of a lawyer seeking to dictate the law

Is it a personal intuitive journey or is it only an outer experience whereby your worthiness will be judged by how effectively you can self regulate yourself to remain within concrete paramaters set by others?

Is anyone even Islamic in this thread ??????

Please be specific.

I don't think it would necessarily be productive to do so, in this instance! If you want i can answer by PM?

I don't think it would necessarily be productive to do so, in this instance! If you want i can answer by PM?

Please let me in on the specifics too.

Please let me in on the specifics too.

No worries man, gotta hit the sack just now but will put something together tomorrow

g'night!