Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
[video=youtube;vnJBW49afzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJBW49afzg[/video]

Way to go, Ishmael.

This has nothing to do with the islamic faith, or any other faith for that matter. It has to do with people who feel they must find a justification outside of themselves from which to channel and act out their own inherent psychological discomfort or fears... it could be in a form of violence, or bigotry, or whatever. This is about as "islamic" as it is "christian" or "conservative" or even "liberal" for that matter (never forget Lenin was a liberal, as in his value was to disperse power between the people, not to consolidate it in the hands of the state). Oh...I almost forgot... "love" that's my favorite one! just look around at how many problems and shattered lives are the result of someone's "love" for someone else. suicides, ritualistic abuse, codependent dysfunction, damaging psychological and emotional warfare, manipulation and deceit, adultery...etc. Many of those evils are done in the name of "love", because someone "loves" someone else.

As a christian myself, I know very well what people do in the name of their faith is often just total BS. I don't correlate peoples bullshit to the reasons that they themselves do. If a person kills another because the bible tells him to... he can say it, and even believe it all he wants to...that's all fine and good, but I don't believe it for one second. he kills a person because he had an emotion within him, and then made a choice. That has nothing to do with his faith, it has all to do with him just being a piece of shit. The "alleged motive" and "the action" are simply not directly correlated in any way whatsoever.

The muslims have their "crusade" in the 20th-21st century. I know for a fact at least a few of the islamic faith who cringe at the actions and atrocities of other so called "muslims". and, i'm sure there were many christians that felt the "crusades" that took place for the better part of 500 years slaughtering those who believed differently in the name of "their faith", were nothing more than an abomination to the faith and God himself. Yet, for 500 years, off and on, over a million people died or were killed as a result of "christians" acting as they thought was best. Total bullshit also, yet... ask a crusader why they killed so many...and they will tell you "to drive the heathen out of the holy land that Christ blessed with his presence" Ya.... sure ya did buddy. And that woman over there just was beaten to death by her husband because they "love each other".

-E

Reactions: z523x4gr98j
So, its not ok to say its not a religion of peace? As a Christian, why do you not feel conflicted by that?

Post-modern Christians are just too much.

Islam was 'revealed' to Muhammed from his unconscious mind to act as a guiding force for him

It brought him purpose and meaning and when he shared it with others it gave them purpose and meaning as well. He managed to unite the 12 waring tribes of Arabia but a martial culture is a culture that deals with energies a certain way....which is generally to lash out

So all that martial energy united and exploded outwards

Europe did the same with the crusades and the US is doing the same now.....so we can't really point the finger of blame in that sense because it is a human failing

I think that within us we all have the capacity for compassion (monk spirit) and we all have the capacity for anger (warrior spirit). One of these seeks peace and wants to transmit love and the other demands respect.

Also we're all operating on a sliding scale between hope and cynicism. Often how we respond to things will depend on how defensive we are feeling at that time which might depend on a number of things for example how much we're hurting and how hopeful or cynical we are feeling at that time

A lot of systems whether it is enneagram, spiral dynamics, individuation (analytical psychology), maslows hierarchy of needs or various spiritual systems all seem to say that we should aspire to balance

Easier said than done!

I think the more we are consciously aware of these things the more we can aspire to balance and then the more occaisions it can actually be achieve and who knows maybe it can even become a habit!

I think total objective detachment all the time is extremely difficult because the ego is insidious

Anyway the point i'm trying to make is that perhaps when we calm our warrior spirit and we stop acting defensively the monk spirit gets a chance to surface

We then get an opportunity to reassess things that we perceived in a defensive mindset before

So a person raised as a christian may act defensively when face by a muslims beliefs. But really the religion we are raised with is often just a chance occurance decided by fate (or whatever your belief)

It seesm to me that regardless of how peaceful the messages at the core of religions are they are usually just re-packeged as something else by people after the original visionary died

For example if you were the head of a tribe or city state that was often warring with its neighbours you would use anything you can to unite your people to give them a strong sense of identity to provide them with the mental strength to win in battle.

Thats why countries have flags, why footbal teams have colours, why countries have lingusitic and cultural quirks and why people have often used religion as simply another form of identiy. In effect it is often used by elites as a flag to rally people around

Christianity has been used that way (the crusaders even carried the 'true' cross into battle with them), the jews carried the ark and the muslims carried their relics and banners as well

The point i'm making is that the intitial message to the visionary is often one of peace but it is then misapplied by the underlying culture that it surfaced among

I think the ray of light here is that again and again the idea surfaces from deep within the human psyche that we are all brothers and sisters and are all connected and should seek peace

Culturally however we are often not balanced enough to truely assimilate that message

If we can put our swords down for long enough we can often begin to see things a different way but thats difficult to do because our knee jerk reaction is to act defensively with warrior energies. The monk energies however unless consciously cultivated can only usually surface once the warrior is calmed

Reactions: Odyne
If something happens, a building burns down, a child explodes, a women gets raped and stoned to death, a guy has a knife take his head off. I don't care if it's done in the name of White Supremacy, The New World Order, a True Desire to do Good by Killing the Bad, God, Islam, Christianity, I was helping my dog or an old lady cross the street. I don't care what your excuse is, what ever your actions are based on is also culpable. Trying to separate to religious people when one is nuts and the other sane still points to the religion. It's like saying two people that listen to music, one is nuts and shoots all the people at the show the other is fine. It all points to the music, the concert and the people that participate.
Stop telling me Islam is peaceful. Because I've met the asshole that kill people in the name of Islam. So how do I separate that. Tell me. I really want to fucking understand this.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Islam was 'revealed' to Muhammed from his unconscious mind to act as a guiding force for him

It brought him purpose and meaning and when he shared it with others it gave them purpose and meaning as well. He managed to unite the 12 waring tribes of Arabia but a martial culture is a culture that deals with energies a certain way....which is generally to lash out

Europe did the same with the crusades and the US is doing the same now.....so we can't really point the finger of blame in that sense because it is a human failing

I think that within us we all have the capacity for compassion (monk spirit) and we all have the capacity for anger (warrior spirit). One of these seeks peace and wants to transmit love and the other demands respect.

Also we're all operating on a sliding scale between hope and cynicism. Often how we respond to things will depend on how defensive we are feeling at that time which might depend on a number of things for example how much we're hurting and how hopeful or cynical we are feeling at that time

A lot of systems whether it is enneagram, spiral dynamics, individuation (analytical psychology), maslows hierarchy of needs or various spiritual systems all seem to say that we should aspire to balance

Easier said than done!

I think the more we are consciously aware of these things the more we can aspire to balance and then the more occaisions it can actually be achieve and who knows maybe it can even become a habit!

I think total objective detachment all the time is extremely difficult because the ego is insidious

Anyway the point i'm trying to make is that perhaps when we calm our warrior spirit and we stop acting defensively the monk spirit gets a chance to surface

We then get an opportunity to reassess things that we perceived in a defensive mindset before

So a person raised as a christian may act defensively when face by a muslims beliefs. But really the religion we are raised with is often just a chance occurance decided by fate (or whatever your belief)

It seesm to me that regardless of how peaceful the messages at the core of religions are they are usually just re-packeged as something else by people after the original visionary died

For example if you were the head of a tribe or city state that was often warring with its neighbours you would use anything you can to unite your people to give them a strong sense of identity to provide them with the mental strength to win in battle.

Thats why countries have flags, why footbal teams have colours, why countries have lingusitic and cultural quirks and why people have often used religion as simply another form of identiy. In effect it is often used by elites as a flag to rally people around

Christianity has been used that way (the crusaders even carried the 'true' cross into battle with them), the jews carried the ark and the muslims carried their relics and banners as well

The point i'm making is that the intitial message to the visionary is often one of peace but it is then misapplied by the underlying culture that it surfaced among

I think the ray of light here is that again and again the idea surfaces from deep within the human psyche that we are all brothers and sisters and are all connected and should seek peace

Culturally however we are often not balanced enough to truely assimilate that message

If we can put our swords down for long enough we can often begin to see things a different way but thats difficult to do because our knee jerk reaction is to act defensively with warrior energies. The monk energies however unless consciously cultivated can only usually surface once the warrior is calmed

I kinda feel like these 13 paragraph posts that you make to any reply to anywhere on the forum have gotta be simple copypasta.

Also: no. (@your entire post)
What am I supposed to take away from this?

I'm just sick of people saying Islam is a religion of peace. Sure, people have qualms about Christianity wars back in the day, while they're wrong, I can still understand that. However, Jesus says love their neighbor, Allah says kill them.

If something happens, a building burns down, a child explodes, a women gets raped and stoned to death, a guy has a knife take his head off. I don't care if it's done in the name of White Supremacy, The New World Order, a True Desire to do Good by Killing the Bad, God, Islam, Christianity, I was helping my dog or an old lady cross the street. I don't care what your excuse is, what ever your actions are based on is also culpable. Trying to separate to religious people when one is nuts and the other sane still points to the religion. It's like saying two people that listen to music, one is nuts and shoots all the people at the show the other is fine. It all points to the music, the concert and the people that participate.
Stop telling me Islam is peaceful. Because I've met the asshole that kill people in the name of Islam. So how do I separate that. Tell me. I really want to fucking understand this.

So you've also met the other hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who have killed in the name of God. "In God we trust" - US currency "So help me God" - Presidential inauguration "One nation, under God" - Pledge of Allegiance, not to mention the countless military commanders who have gone on the record of mentioning and using God's name during interviews. Then we can go into the casual phrases we're all likely to utter at some point - God help me, God have mercy, God damn, etc. It's also an undeniable fact that the US has the largest military force and budget in the world and is the most active in foreign countries.

Flip that coin and think how WE look to the Muslims outside our borders; warmongering Christians who always talk about God in the same breath as killing their neighbors with a drone strike.

It's been going on for thousands of years and it's the inherent flaw in almost every religion. Trace it back far enough and you can blame the Medieval Catholic church for the 9/11 attacks in 2001 or the Spanish Inquisition for a suicide bomber in present-day Iraq.

No one group has ever been all that nice to another group. If anything, it was the Christians who took a few isolated incidents and consolidated an entire movement around them when the Church got tired of having all their followers kill one another and redirected that violence towards the Muslims. The Islam nations around the Mediterranean were some of the most advanced in the region, even compared to the Romans. As a whole, they weren't exactly a group of mass-murdering barbarians; they even practiced religious tolerance in their own territories during a time where Christians were getting ready to invade them repeatedly.

Muslims weren't/aren't perfect, but neither were/are the Christians.

Reactions: Saru Inc
What is the US doing now? @muir

Its indulging its warrior spirit

Perhaps in the same way that a person can learn a group of people can learn as well. Perhaps with the internet and the sheer volume of communication going on now globally that process of learning can accelerate

Often when the warrior spirit rises up the sword is drawn, swipes are taken at the world and wounds are caused

The warrior then becomes isolated in their rage and comes to a fork in their path. They can allow the warrior spirit to take them over entirely and give into cynicism or they can conquer their pride and pass through the veil of tears. If they choose the path of the sword they will die by the sword. If they conquer themselves and embrace the monk then they will be cleansed in the fires of catharsis and they will be reborn stronger than before because they will have found what they were looking for when they began their initiation: release, reconciliation and balance

But there is no point in simply knowing this. It has to be lived and experienced to fully understand it and undergo the apotheosis. The stone is cast into the pool of the consciousness an the ripples spread outwards manifesting in the outer world of the initiate

We're told its all about redemption.....

.....maybe as a culture we can collectively go through this process and learn to finally put down our swords for good

I'm just sick of people saying Islam is a religion of peace. Sure, people have qualms about Christianity wars back in the day, while they're wrong, I can still understand that. However, Jesus says love their neighbor, Allah says kill them.
let me see where you saw that in the koran

So you've also met the other hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who have killed in the name of God. "In God we trust" - US currency "So help me God" - Presidential inauguration "One nation, under God" - Pledge of Allegiance, not to mention the countless military commanders who have gone on the record of mentioning and using God's name during interviews. Then we can go into the casual phrases we're all likely to utter at some point - God help me, God have mercy, God damn, etc. It's also an undeniable fact that the US has the largest military force and budget in the world and is the most active in foreign countries.

Flip that coin and think how WE look to the Muslims outside our borders; warmongering Christians who always talk about God in the same breath as killing their neighbors with a drone strike.

It's been going on for thousands of years and it's the inherent flaw in almost every religion. Trace it back far enough and you can blame the Medieval Catholic church for the 9/11 attacks in 2001 or the Spanish Inquisition for a suicide bomber in present-day Iraq.

No one group has ever been all that nice to another group. If anything, it was the Christians who took a few isolated incidents and consolidated an entire movement around them when the Church got tired of having all their followers kill one another and redirected that violence towards the Muslims. The Islam nations around the Mediterranean were some of the most advanced in the region, even compared to the Romans. As a whole, they weren't exactly a group of mass-murdering barbarians; they even practiced religious tolerance in their own territories during a time where Christians were getting ready to invade them repeatedly.

Muslims weren't/aren't perfect, but neither were/are the Christians.

I agree
No disputing that line of thought at all.
I'm not pretending anyone is innocent.
And I agree some if the most egregious acts are not Muslim. Or maybe they are.

My point is people saying my religion, whatever religion it is, is peaceful. Bullshit. People have been burned alive
I won't talk about what, where I have been, what I've done.

I'm just saying I'm sick of people justifying the crimes other people commit because their religion is peaceful. I got news for you. There is someone out there that just cut someone's throat in the name of their fucking religion. so guilty by association.
Something taught these people wrong.
I don't know what it was, but if they are pointing to religion, then religion is as culpable as anything. It's not peaceful.
There's nothing remotely peaceful. It doesn't breed peaceful. You need to take responsibility for your religion if it creates evil. No matter what religion or belief it is. I didn't create slavery, but the US has a long history of slavery. Does that mean the people of today can just walk away from it. We weren't the ones that enslaved anyone. I certainly never did. But my country must own it, say we are sorry for it, apologize, try to make it right. Get my point. Saying I wasn't the one that threw you in chains is kinda convenient don't you think?

If I don't take responsibility, who will.
If we don't take responsibility, who will.

It was this country that commited the crime. We better get to saying we are sorry. It was xxxx religion that takes credit for the murders. Then take credit for it. Stop giving me bullshit about how peaceful it is.

Easier said than done!

You should combine some of these sentences to make paragraphs.

You should combine some of these sentences to make paragraphs.

Yes grammer's not my strong point

Sorry i took a while to respond I finished typing my last post and a massive downpour started, streams weere running past my house...i had to go out and connect with it and now i'm soaked lol

So, its not ok to say its not a religion of peace? As a Christian, why do you not feel conflicted by that?

Post-modern Christians are just too much.

Matthew 7:5
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Jesus also said to let he who is without sin cast the first stone, yet here we are casting stones.

let me see where you saw that in the koran

Quotations from the Koran:

1. 2:190-193 Fight in the cause of God, those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out: For tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they first fight you there; But if they fight you, Slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression."
  2. 2:216-217 Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth, and ye know not. They ask thee concerning fighting in the Prohibited Month. Say: "Fighting therein is a grave (offense); but graver is it in the sight of God to prevent access to the path of God, to deny Him, to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque, and drive out its members. Tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter. Nor will they cease fighting you until they turn you back from your faith if they can. And if any of you turn back from their faith and die in unbelief, their works will bear no fruit in this life and in the Hereafter; they will be Companions of the Fire and will abide therein.
  3. 2:244-245 Then fight in the cause of God, and know that God heareth and knoweth all things. Who is he that will loan to God a beautiful loan, which God will double unto his credit and multiply many times? It is God that giveth (you) want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return.
  4. 4:74-77 Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter, to him who fighteth in the cause of God, whether he is slain or gets victory, soon shall We give him a reward of great (value). And why should ye not fight in the cause of God and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)? Men, women, and children whose cry is: "Our Lord! rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from Thee one who will protect; and raise for us from Thee one who will help!" Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil: so fight ye against the friends of Satan: feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan. Hast thou not turned thy vision to those who were told to hold back their hands (form fight) but establish regular prayers and spend in regular charity? When (at length) the order for fighting was issued to them, behold! a section of them feared men as, or even more than, they should have feared God: they say: "Our Lord! why hast Thou ordered us to fight? Wouldst Thou not grant us respite to our (natural) term, near (enough)?" Say: "Short is the enjoyment of this world: the Hereafter is the best for those who do right: never will ye be dealt with unjustly in the very least!
  5. 4:95-96 Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath God promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward: Ranks specially bestowed by Him, and Forgiveness and Mercy. For God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
  6. 5:51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.
  7. 5:72-73: They do blaspheme who say: "God is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with God, - God will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrongdoers be no one to help. They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.
  8. 8:12-15 Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them." This because they contended against God and His Apostle: If any contend against God and His Apostle, God is strict in punishment. Thus (will it be said): "Taste ye then of the (punishment): for those who resist God, is the penalty of the Fire." O ye who believe! when ye meet the Unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them.
  9. 8:37-39: In order that God may separate the impure from the pure, put the impure, one on another, heap them together, and cast them into Hell. They will be the ones to have lost. Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from Unbelief), their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them). And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily God doth see all that they do.
  10. 9:5 But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (trick in war for deceiving and outwitting the enemy); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
  11. 9:14 Fight them, and God will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers
  12. 9:20 Those who believe, and suffer exile and fight with might and main, in God's cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of God: they are the people who will achieve (salvation).
  13. 9:29 "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his apostle nor acknowledge the religion of truth of the people of the Book (the Jews and the Christians) until they pay the Jizya [tax on non-Muslims] with willing submission and feel themselves subdued."
  14. 9:41 Go ye forth, (whether equipped) lightly or heavily, and strive and struggle [fight in war], with your goods and your persons, in the cause of God. That is best for you, if ye (but) knew.
  15. 9:73 O Prophet! strive hard [wage war] against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell, - an evil refuge indeed.
  16. 9:123: O ye who believe! fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you: and know that God is with those who fear Him.
  17. 22:38-39 Verily God will defend (from ill) those who believe: verily, God loveth not any that is a traitor to faith, or shows ingratitude. To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight) because they are wronged-and verily, God is Most powerful for their aid
  18. 25:52 So obey not the unbelievers and fight strenuously with them in many a strenuous fight.
  19. 47:4 Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been God's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of God, - He will never let their deeds be lost.
  20. 48:29: "Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other."
  21. 60:4: We have renounced you; and enmity and hatred is begun between us and you for ever, until ye believe in Allah alone
  22. 61:9-11 It is He Who has sent His Apostle with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it). O ye who believe! shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty?- That ye believe in God and His Apostle, and that ye strive (fight) in the Cause of God, with your property and your persons: that will be best for you, if ye but knew!
66:9 O Prophet! make war on the infidels and hypocrites, and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their abode! and wretched the passage to it!
The Hadith:

1. Hadith 1:13-- "I have been ordered by Allah to fight with people till they bear testimony to the fact that there is no God but Allah."
  2. Hadith 1.24 "Narrated Ibn `Umar: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers"
  3. Hadith 1.25"Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad). The questioner then asked, "What is the next (in goodness)? He replied, "To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's Cause."
  4. Hadith 19:4294 "Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war."
  5. Hadith 1:35 "The person who participates in Allah's cause (namely, in battle). . will be recompensed by Allah either with reward or booty or will be admitted to Paradise."
  6. Hadith 9:4 "Wherever you find infidels kill them; for whoever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection."
  7. Hadith 9:50, 57 "No Umma (a member of Muslim community) should be killed for killing a Kafir (an infidel). . Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him."
  8. Sahih Muslim 4363: "You (the Jews) should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle and I wish to expel you from this land (Arabia)
  9. Sahih Muslim 4366 Narrated by Umar ibn al-Khattab. Umar heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslims

Jesus also said to let he who is without sin cast the first stone, yet here we are casting stones.

1) That's not at all what that verse is talking about.

2) I'm not a post modern Christian, if that's what you're referring to

3) See response to Kmal re: Islam

--------------
(In order to reduce Ambiguity, I'll use Jesus as the Christian God, since technically Allah means God also)

To people who say "Jesus had people wage war in his name all over middle east how is that a Jesus of love?!" Please keep in mind, that not only is a) the act of Jesus forgiving and preaching Love appear way more often than the old testament battles. B) They are completely different 'dieties.'

I will try to explain briefly, we all know lack of control for brevity.

1) In the Bible, it states:

[SUP]23 [/SUP]For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[SUP][a][/SUP] Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Romans 6:23)

But this often is misinterpreted, this is not the same as

2:244-245 Then fight in the cause of God, and know that God heareth and knoweth all things. Who is he that will loan to God a beautiful loan, which God will double unto his credit and multiply many times? It is God that giveth (you) want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return.
(Koran)

God is pure good, and pure Love, he simply cannot be around sin, its almost (non Bible scholar here, keep in mind) like matter/anti matter. The wages of sin is death, because anthing that is a sin, not only will seperate you from God during life and after death, without salvation in Jesus. God is not saying if you sin I will slay you, he is simply saying it is a fact. The wages of sin IS death, its inevitibable, however I don't want ANY of my people to die, so I offer you ways to be forgiven/saved so you can live!

John 3:16 said:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

While yes, you are condemned with sin, salvation is easy. And Jesus is not commanding -anyone- to kill -anyone- based on their beliefs. It is said they will "kill themselves" with their sin, meaning they will destroy their own lives, so our job is to help them come to Jesus, because they will be lost without it. Jesus did charge his disciples with becoming fishers of men, however if one did not want Jesus, we are to pray for them, NOT slaughter them.

And if one slaughters one in the name of Jesus, they are held accountable for their sin just as much as an non believer, because no one can kill without sin, because no one can bring life on their own, this is my reasoning mind you. When Jesus came, he died for us, so that no one, man or animal, would have to die to cleanse us from sin. The wages of sin is death, so in the old testament, we slaughtered a pure lamb, because the sin went into that lamb, as it died. However, Jesus was the last sacrificial lamb, so no one will have to kill or die in the name of God again.

1) Yes, there are the abortion clinic bomber Christians etc. The difference between these and Islamist extremists, is these are not condoned by ANY Christian not in their sect, in fact this is highly condemned by God himself, for Man does not create life, so man cannot take life. Unlike Islamist terrorists, who are lauded by their God, their people, AND their government. Its actually the Islamic minority that doesn't want violence.

2) During a specific time the Old testament, God became the actual King of Israel, during tis time he DID command certain acts, such as the destruction of Jericho. However this was a necessity, and hasn't been repeated since Jesus.

3) This is the major difference, God goes to death as a LAST resort, whilst Allah goes to it for a FIRST resort. Jesus, when sending the plagues upon Egypt, had the death of all first borns VERY last, the Pharoah had hardened his heart, and would not allow ANY Jews to be released. Jesus has sent so many different salvations across the years, while yes there was Soddam and Gomorrah, the Amorites, Jericho, te Flood, etc. Where man died, EACH time there was grace to save them! In fact, when Jesus said "I will destroy Soddam and Gomorrah for they have squandered what I have gave them and turned to sin," Lot said "will you not spare the city for the good ones? The ones who love you? The ones who are good?" And Jesus replies "Yes, go in and find ANYONE who will go with you for they shall be saved." Where does Allah say "Go to an infidel, ask them to come to me, if they don't pray for them, if they don't come to me, witness to them. Now that they have not come to me over 4 generations (the length Jesus gave to the Amorites to repent), I will kill them for I cannot allow more separation between my people and me." No, Allah says "Kill some, ask for repetance. No? Kill some more. Ask again. No? Kill some more. Ask again. No? Kill all of them."

you think we should just go ahead and kill them so they cant kill anyone else?

I suppose if you're just going to downplay all incidents of conflict in Christian culture and scripture and ignore all incidents of cooperation in Islamic culture and the Koran, then there really is no arguing with you. Cherry pick all you like; it doesn't make a compelling argument.

It is a USAmerican Right to Protest in Peace. I'm horrified that the "crowd" had no concept of the idea ... considering they are citizens. The problem I have is that Muslims refuse to adopt the "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." You can take the man out of his culture/social mores, but you can't take the culture/social mores out of the man.

It is not just the US that has this problem. Our problem is nothing compared to Europe. Take a look at what is happening to them b/c of their relaxed immigration policies. You will find a large amount of pissed off Europeans who have found that the influx of Arabs to their country = higher percentage of violent crimes.

So yes, don't tell me they are a peaceful "culture/religion" either. Norway and Sweden are having a hell of a problem with Muslim Rape Jihad.

I found this statistic to be interesting ... since it didn't include any Arabic countries. I wonder why the data is not available. They lost count? So when gathering statistical data regarding murder rate, should they also include honor killings?
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_gun_vio_hom_fir_hom_rat_per_100_pop-rate-per-100-000-pop
http://www.meforum.org/2646/worldwide-trends-in-honor-killings

I lost respect for that religion/culture when I found out they had no trouble disemboweling a flight attendant in front of the cockpit door b/c they knew Americans have a phobia of blood.

Last edited:
Started the video, then realized it was twenty minutes long.

Outside of that, I think it's important that we Christian remember that our own history isn't blood free, whether God ordained or not.