Is there really an adulthood begins at thirty generation? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is there really an adulthood begins at thirty generation?

HEY, how can we get them to upgrade? I mean unplug by that. But seriously, what will it take? I would love to help shove.

A rise in conscious awareness

Sometimes people have to max out on fear before the fear of their current predicament outwieghs the fear of unknown change (with the aim being positive change)

Many people aren't max'd out on fear yet...theyr'e still enduring the current system or as theroux put it: 'hanging on in quiet desperation'

There's a great image that someone else posted on the forum before:

glass-realists.jpg

Here's the truth that some people haven't realised yet...the world doesn't need more optimists and it doesn't need more pessimists...it needs more realists

It's only when the optomists and the pessimists convert into realists in large enough numbers that everyone can then move things forward together

Too many people haven't yet acknowledged that they are drinking piss

Reactions: Yatagarasu
A rise in conscious awareness

Sometimes people have to max out on fear before the fear of their current predicament outwieghs the fear of unknown change (with the aim being positive change)

Many people aren't max'd out on fear yet...theyr'e still enduring the current system or as theroux put it: 'hanging on in quiet desperation'

There's a great image that someone else posted on the forum before:

View attachment 22232

Here's the truth that some people haven't realised yet...the world doesn't need more optimists and it doesn't need more pessimists...it needs more realists

It's only when the optomists and the pessimists convert into realists in large enough numbers that everyone can then move things forward together

Too many people haven't yet acknowledged that they are drinking piss

Urolangia is the term, and some like that. Oops. Did I make everything out to be about sex again? Slap me. No, really, slap me. I like it.

Okay. I'll stop antagonizing now.

Reactions: FiftySeven
Urolangia is the term, and some like that. Oops. Did I make everything out to be about sex again? Slap me. No, really, slap me. I like it.

Okay. I'll stop antagonizing now.

*** a cautiously playful slap***

Is that pee drinking?

Yes it is a problem if large sections of the public develop a taste for piss having known nothing better....we are a very adaptable species!

(hears the voice of the optomists saying: ''oh come on piss doesn't taste so bad!'')

Last edited:
Everything [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] said above. People are tough to motivate. Especially in states where their needs are met. It is unfortunate that fear might have to play such a vital role in the evolution of Humans. Most seem to be unaware of what is coming and they also don't see much need to change. Even in the face of continued conflict and increased stratification of the classes. Is it possible to generate enough impetus without using fear?

Everything @muir said above. People are tough to motivate. Especially in states where their needs are met. It is unfortunate that fear might have to play such a vital role in the evolution of Humans. Most seem to be unaware of what is coming and they also don't see much need to change. Even in the face of continued conflict and increased stratification of the classes. Is it possible to generate enough impetus without using fear?

They get bought off with little perks and comforts

I saw this in an industrial strike action...the management divided the workers by giving some select people pay rises in return for them ending their union action...ie they bought them off and guess what when people have mortgages to pay they are pretty fearful and often easily bought

In our world the majority world sweat shop workers are exploited to provide cheap goods (perks) for westerners to buy their complicity and silence in the whole global racket

...and here's the messed up part: the westerners aren't even happy!

It turns out comfort isn't everything

Do you think the present generation is an adulthood begins at thirty generation? Does that mean the sixties sloganeering of not trusting anyone over thirty has been reversed to dont employ anyone under thirty? If this is changing with each generation when will the later onset of adulthood and more protracted adolescence take things?

I find this interesting as well. But yes adulthood; i mean real adulthood with responsibilities and all the hoopla starts at 30. I also think a person comes into their life purpose after age 30. Things makes sense much more and you can focus on what matters as opposed to experimenting with everything that catches your interest in the 20's. If you read biographies of people who had profound influence in the world their life shifted and turned around after they hit 30. Astrologers believe a person becomes a full adult at age 29 at their first saturn return. before that they are still developing all inner and outer aspects of who they are. Then after 30 you utilize all that was learned and attained and you create something out of it. Most of the time it is raising families, creating businesses, reaching career heights, etc.

I find this interesting as well. But yes adulthood; i mean real adulthood with responsibilities and all the hoopla starts at 30. I also think a person comes into their life purpose after age 30. Things makes sense much more and you can focus on what matters as opposed to experimenting with everything that catches your interest in the 20's. If you read biographies of people who had profound influence in the world their life shifted and turned around after they hit 30. Astrologers believe a person becomes a full adult at age 29 at their first saturn return. before that they are still developing all inner and outer aspects of who they are. Then after 30 you utilize all that was learned and attained and you create something out of it. Most of the time it is raising families, creating businesses, reaching career heights, etc.

http://www.ted.com/talks/meg_jay_wh...book.com&utm_campaign=&awesm=on.ted.com_f0KBw

Here's a link to a TED talk which insists that the thirties are not the new twenties and that people will regret coasting through their twenties, I know that's not the same as saying that the thirties are the new twenties, I think objectively the trends, in the west at least, are towards people being longer lived and the juvenile and juvenalia dragged out but its an interesting talk.

The story about people marrying the wrong people or leaving it too late to have children were tragic but at the time I am someone who is single and childless yet in my mid thirties and I think I'm pretty happy that way in contrast to those who have a partner, kids and house with mortgage repayments.

http://www.ted.com/talks/meg_jay_wh...book.com&utm_campaign=&awesm=on.ted.com_f0KBw

Here's a link to a TED talk which insists that the thirties are not the new twenties and that people will regret coasting through their twenties, I know that's not the same as saying that the thirties are the new twenties, I think objectively the trends, in the west at least, are towards people being longer lived and the juvenile and juvenalia dragged out but its an interesting talk.

The story about people marrying the wrong people or leaving it too late to have children were tragic but at the time I am someone who is single and childless yet in my mid thirties and I think I'm pretty happy that way in contrast to those who have a partner, kids and house with mortgage repayments.

I do agree the thirties are not the 20's and it is not supposed to be. Then again i guess it depends on what you were doing in your 20's? Like get experience in independence, dating, hobbies, travel, etc... If a person starts to do all this in their 30's what were they doing in their 20's? I guess i always assumed people get their feet wet into life experience in their 20's then learn from it and get it right when they are in their 30's. But I have no idea.lol

What is the driver though of the prolonged juvenalia?

I would argue that there is an infantalisation of society going on as a form of social control along with a parallel dumbing down of society

Is there value in identifying when adulthood begins? As I see it we are all just children. Some are just better at playing by societies rules and/or are more socially aware. I know many individuals that in their 40's+ act like children. While others don't ever remember experiencing childhood. Furthermore, reality is in many ways social constructed. We are seeing many more partake in the liberties and pleasures of their 20's, probably because they have developed a different mentality than previous generations. A mentality shaped by a combination of many issues (consumerism, economy, entitlement/self importance, social ineptness, et cetera).

In my experience, this is true. The job economy is one thing, but the culture is another. Most people don't seem to take life as seriously until age 28 - 32; they're still partying, still floundering around trying to figure out what to do with their lives with the idealistic bent that they will find their 'passion' and not looking for any serious relationships. For most part, they haven't felt compelled to put down the major roots the generations of adults before us have. It isn't until they hit that '30' wall that they realize 'oh shit, I've got a decade left until I hit middle age and I've got a ten year window before my body and mind start going to set myself up with a base to actually do something with my life.'

I started taking my lie seriously at 20, never go out and save most of my money for a mortgage, I read personal growth books in my free time and im always working and going to school and trying to have a good job before are start seriously dating people.I never drank till I was 21 tried any drugs at all or went to parties I had to take care of my parents,i always read existenal philosophy books since I was a teenager and could never relate to people my age I didn't even start a facebook till I was 22 because I felt like the whole concept was stupid.I cant really relate to people my own age at all I try hard but I never got into communicating with social media, I plan out all my calories for the day and keep track of everything I do on google calendar have lists I make with personal goals,i use google spread sheet to keep track of my finaces,medate every morning then run.I feel like I am to old to hang out with people I don't know how to do it,

I stopped watching tv years ago.I feel like if I was less focused on my goals maybe I could relate to people better,i don't have trouble talking to other people,but I have never been to a club or bar and don't really see a point because I don't like the music they play and can buy drinks cheaper at a liquor store and if I wanted to just get laid I could get a hooker and have less drama.i went to a house party had a bunch of drinks and found it boring and where watching people create problems and stress for themselves that they didn't need to and wasn't rational.There was no one to have an intelligent conversation with so I had to keep drinking to enjoy being there and ended up being a therapist for the people who had problems,people were telling me there depressed had no friends weren't happy with there relationships there plans for college etc.I don't know if I would have liked being there with out the alcohol there but it feels like a form of self delusion,to have go out and need every social event to be fueled by alcohol I probably would have had just as much fun drinking by myself listening to music.kinda depresses me that this is what the average person my age looks forward to everyday,feels like a empty and hallow way of living.

When a person matures is purely psychological to me. I think it is completely dictated by how your life panned out. I believe in Erik Eriksons Life Cycle Theory - in which all individuals go through the natural life cycle at various stages. But not everyone follows the cycle back to back. Some people have smooth transitions between childhood to young adult to adulthood and most of western society is based on this smooth transition. Grade school, college, get married, blah blah.

What is interesting about the life cycle theory is in which if a person's life events skips a major psychological development period such as the teen years where a person had to grow up fast or life event that forces them to skip out on a certain developmental stage. The person will still have to go through the process eventually in their life time in order to fully mature into their adult self. This can happen at any age and when it happens it will not be in sync with what is expected of the person. The societal expectations leave no room for full psychological maturation as it can takes time; hence some people are late bloomers or seems to be experiencing odd stages of development at periods where they should be behaving according to society standards. This can create many kinds of friction between what the person is experiencing and how society wants the person to act. Even if it goes against what is expected it is still a good idea to allow yourself to mature or develop through phases regardless of what other's expect.

Good points.
Who defines what adulthood is?

I find a simple definition works the best, an adult is someone who is/can be functionally independent.

Edit: also [MENTION=4115]Lark[/MENTION] please please go back and proof read your post man, it hurts.