Is the Left Eating Itself? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Is the Left Eating Itself?

Right right. It's just important to speak in terms of the boundaries of the discussion, imo, when possible.
Conflating language is a significant factor in how things end up being more extreme type scenarios.
I did mention earlier in this thread that I think there are people on the right who are guilty of derailing civil discourse, but that was an aside. Because the thread is called "Is The Left Eating Itself?" so because I am a social democrat- I am policing the side that I identify with in the thread dedicated to that topic. My conservative friends shit on conservatives because they lean that way.

Although, to be fair, it would be more accurate to say that i'm center-left and my friends are center-right, so it's not like I have a lot of friends who are extremists on either side. When people are too possessed by their ideology (even if they agree with me) to hear an opposing viewpoint I have little patience for them.

I did mention earlier in this thread that I think there are people on the right who are guilty of derailing civil discourse, but that was an aside. Because the thread is called "Is The Left Eating Itself?" so because I am a social democrat- I am policing the side that I identify with in the thread dedicated to that topic. My conservative friends shit on conservatives because they lean that way.

Although, to be fair, it would be more accurate to say that i'm center-left and my friends are center-right, so it's not like I have a lot of friends who are extremists on either side. When people are too possessed by their ideology (even if they agree with me) to hear an opposing viewpoint I have little patience for them.

I'm not saying anything negative or against you, if that's how it came off, just expressing my personal ideas :thumbsup:

I'm not saying anything negative or against you, if that's how it came off, just expressing my personal ideas :thumbsup:
giphy.gif

okay :)

Y'all are on the right track in blaming people with extreme views on both ends of the spectrum. As is usually the case, extremes in human thought, emotion and behavior yield undesirable results. That's not really news. What makes politics such a powder keg in the US is this godawful two-party system, which has bastardized the whole process into what is essentially an Us vs. Them sports rivalry, where loyalty to one's TEAM trumps all common sense (no pun intended).

I think the extreme elements on either side tend to be empowered when their TEAM gains control, yet that also ignites a reactionary groundswell on the other side. It's almost like a scale in balance, except on one side of the scale is a pile of shit and on the other is a bomb waiting to explode and scatter it all.

So the nonsense we're seeing on the extreme end of the Left is a combination of 8 years of empowerment plus an outsized reaction to an especially vile TEAM captain on the other side.

Meanwhile all the people with common sense, who just want everyone to get along and see the downsides of both TEAMs for what they are, are left shaking their heads while CNN and Fox News control the narrative.

It sucks.

And frankly, I do not see it changing or getting better. #firstworldnihilism

But which INFJ will come to our aid? Jesus or Hitler. Ghandi or bin Laden. That's always the question.

:thinkinghard:

Jetler Ghanladen. The savior of humanity.

The left is eating itself because it is illogical. The right is unifying because it's simple. They need each other more than they realize and the end resolve is usually bodily conflict. The right usually wins and we go totalitarian from there. To many mouths not enough ears.

Reactions: Reason
You know the left is fucked because they blamed the #WalkAway movement on Russian hackers...

Yeah... Sure... the Russians ran that computer program that makes people in real life produce videos about how they're leaving the party...

The fuck?

Reactions: Wyote
You know the left is fucked because they blamed the #WalkAway movement on Russian hackers...

Yeah... Sure... the Russians ran that computer program that makes people in real life produce videos about how they're leaving the party...

The fuck?

Left = Lets overthrow the system and create equitable outcome.

Right = Leave me the fuck alone i'm running a business here.

Me = How do I infiltrate this corporation and create a fair resolve for all the parties involved.

My Second Though = Dear gawd that's a lot of work for for no one to appriciate

My Third Thought = hahahahaha heres a meme

communication.jpg

Reactions: Reason and Wyote
I'm always the guy getting thrown out the window :(

Reactions: Reason
I'm always the guy getting thrown out the window :(

Me to I'm always the one saying "this is simply more complicated than that" I know how you feel. I would also make sure there was one of these before the meeting

cusion.jpg

Reactions: Reason and Wyote

The fuck?

We should probably admit at this point that we're Russian bots, too. That would clean things up nicely.

When people are too possessed by their ideology (even if they agree with me) to hear an opposing viewpoint I have little patience for them.

Anyone able to explain....

I've watched a few videos where left/right are trying to have a dialogue (what appears to be a civil discourse) and are then brutally interrupted by megaphones, drums, cowbells (I don't know) and all sorts! I like to think I have the patience to hear people out but it's excruciatingly painful to hear anything because of all the racket - I just don't get it! Why?

giphy.gif