IQ test | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

IQ test

@Serenity

150+ is genius? Where are you getting that from? Do you have a linkable source?

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx

First result on google using keywords "iq genius range".

Also,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius

I know/met people in various ranges. Most won't brag about having low iq's, but honest people do. I've read your posts, my opinion is it's very unlikely that you ranked in the genius category. I'm gambling man by nature, I'd be willing to bet a lump some of money you didn't score that.

According to this chart http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQtable.aspx

You ranked 99.8% better than people in the world. Also an iq of 120+ is 1 of 10 people. You've met/know people with lower iq's than that. It would be impossible not to.
hmmm, after some searching, you are right; it is 140...I could've sworn it was 150, but oh well.

I'm not saying that I am a genius, even if I did score "genius" level on this test. I'm no genius. I will say that I have above-average intelligence.

This test was/is very simplified in my honest opinion, and was very skewed. I usually have scored between 125-132 on IQ tests that I have taken in the past, both online and in school on the one my gifted resource teacher gives which are much more in-depth, challenging, and require a greater span of one's intelligence.

I am aware that there are many out there that fall within that range of IQ, and that I have met them, but am ignorant of what their IQ is. Not a question I generally ask people. I think I said this because ever since elementary school, I have always been surrounded by a plethora of gifted people,including my brothers and sister. Maybe, I do need to meet more people.

By the way, why would you judge someone's IQ by their posts on an online forum?

hmmm, after some searching, you are right; it is 140...I could've sworn it was 150, but oh well.

I'm not saying that I am a genius, even if I did score "genius" level on this test. I'm no genius. I will say that I have above-average intelligence.

This test was/is very simplified in my honest opinion, and was very skewed. I usually have scored between 125-132 on IQ tests that I have taken in the past, both online and in school on the one my gifted resource teacher gives which are much more in-depth, challenging, and require a greater span of one's intelligence.

I am aware that there are many out there that fall within that range of IQ, and that I have met them, but am ignorant of what their IQ is. Not a question I generally ask people. I think I said this because ever since elementary school, I have always been surrounded by a plethora of gifted people,including my brothers and sister. Maybe, I do need to meet more people.

By the way, why would you judge someone's IQ by their posts on an online forum?

Well, basically I have a major crush on you and.............. :D JK

I have an array of strong minds in my family as well. Lets get together and play trivial pursuit. Wohoo. :mhula:

Well, basically I have a major crush on you and.............. :D JK

I have an array of strong minds in my family as well. Lets get together and play trivial pursuit. Wohoo. :mhula:
Awesome! Trivial pursuit is made of sooo much epic win :D

That was soooo easy

Interesting

A while ago I posted some ideas of mine for increasing the intelligence of children. You replied by saying that your parents did all those things with you as a kid.

Lo and behold you have scored very highly. Me thinks I will indeed be using those ideas if I have kids

(I realise that isn't necesarilly the reason your very intelligent but it's a strong possibility)

149 -- I've taken a lot of IQ tests online, though, so that might have given me a slight advantage

I remember reading an online article some time ago by someone who was well below the average scoring intelligence quotient. She described the challenges that both she and others went through nurturing her intelligence to higher levels. But what was perhaps astonishing was the level she communicating at in that article.

Very articulate words, very well thought out sentences and ideas. She was truly inspirational.

Last edited:
Took the test, then quit when it tried to gather personal information about me at the end; in the past I've tested anywhere from 129 to 152, so I really have no idea.

I don't have time right now to take this test but last time I took one (a couple of years ago) I believe my score was 134. *shrugs*

Has anyone taken the gigi test from the International High IQ Society? It costs $4.

This is the thing, though; IQ tests are usually biased. I *know* we've had this discussion on here before. Pure geniuses with no schooling can sometimes do well on this test. But that is rare. A lot of this has much to do with what you previously know and what you've been taught.

For example, if you're a city kid and you've only been in the city, and you can't read very well (because, well, the school may suck and you're stuck in the system), and someone asks you to compute the legs of a horse, goat, and a man, well...you've probably seen a horse. But what if you've never really seen a goat? How can you compute the legs on a goat, if you're not sure what one is?

I mean, that example is a stretch, but you know what I mean. The examples aren't real world examples for all students, and that's no measure of intelligence. I guarantee you some street hustlers are genius level IQ folks, but no one would ever know it - and I don't think those street hustlers care as long as they can hustle *you.* :D

This is the thing, though; IQ tests are usually biased. I *know* we've had this discussion on here before. Pure geniuses with no schooling can sometimes do well on this test. But that is rare. A lot of this has much to do with what you previously know and what you've been taught.

For example, if you're a city kid and you've only been in the city, and you can't read very well (because, well, the school may suck and you're stuck in the system), and someone asks you to compute the legs of a horse, goat, and a man, well...you've probably seen a horse. But what if you've never really seen a goat? How can you compute the legs on a goat, if you're not sure what one is?

I mean, that example is a stretch, but you know what I mean. The examples aren't real world examples for all students, and that's no measure of intelligence. I guarantee you some street hustlers are genius level IQ folks, but no one would ever know it - and I don't think those street hustlers care as long as they can hustle *you.* :D

Oh sure; I typically equate IQ to horsepower in a car... whether you have 71 horses or 450, you can typically get to all the same places, albeit with differing levels of effort and time invested. That 450hp supercar, however, is a waste of space if it is never used or exercised, and someone on the lower end of the an average IQ spectrum can absolutely do very well by themselves if they are persistent and dedicated.

Reactions: WellNoWonder
Oh sure; I typically equate IQ to horsepower in a car... whether you have 71 horses or 450, you can typically get to all the same places, albeit with differing levels of effort and time invested. That 450hp supercar, however, is a waste of space if it is never used or exercised, and someone on the lower end of the an average IQ spectrum can absolutely do very well by themselves if they are persistent and dedicated.

That is an excellent analogy. Very apt

Just like horse power, iq is a factor to be considered but it is by no means the only one

The car with the most horse power isn't necessarily the best car

Just like horse power, iq is a factor to be considered but it is by no means the only one

Thanks, and I agree. I knew a mother-son pair who claimed to have 195 IQ each... they were miserable people. Then again, being able to see some of the causes behind what's going wrong with the world isn't causing me to be particularly flowery, either, especially given all the resistance I get when hyperventilating about said issues.

I tend to compare it more to height. There are some things where height doesn't matter and there are other things where it does. There are some things that only a tall person can probably accomplish (like being in the NBA). There are other things that only a short person can accomplish (professional jockey?). Height and IQ also both follow a bell curve.

For example, there may be problems that a person below a certain IQ could never solve alone. There may be situations, certain jobs, where a person of average or below average IQ would be happy and capable of but where a gifted person would flounder because of the lack of challenge. I like to think that IQ is a factor in determining our niche in life.

I tend to compare it more to height. There are some things where height doesn't matter and there are other things where it does. There are some things that only a tall person can probably accomplish (like being in the NBA). There are other things that only a short person can accomplish (professional jockey?). Height and IQ also both follow a bell curve.

For example, there may be problems that a person below a certain IQ could never solve alone. There may be situations, certain jobs, where a person of average or below average IQ would be happy and capable of but where a gifted person would flounder because of the lack of challenge. I like to think that IQ is a factor in determining our niche in life.

Yeah, just like your average street sweeper would fail miserably at trying to be a doctor, your average doctor would fail miserably at trying to be a street sweeper. The doctor would likely be incapable of doing such a monotonous job and would give up

And yet...how many of our street sweepers could be doctors, if given the chance--?

Aptitude is one set of the puzzle. The other part is the willingness to succeed. IQ doesn't test that part.

I'd heard that that may vary from state to state/nation to nation... it's kinda... relative. Also, keep in mind that with human population increase out of control, and 'average' always being pinned to 100IQ even, those values of 140 and 150 have fluid meaning. Rather, if you are above 100, you're IQ is going up every year even though your intelligence (not to be confused with experience/wisdom) does not

And yet...how many of our street sweepers could be doctors, if given the chance--?

Aptitude is one set of the puzzle. The other part is the willingness to succeed. IQ doesn't test that part.

Absolutely