IQ test | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

IQ test

I took my time to ponder some of the questions though. I took about 20 minutes. I have no idea how accurate that might be.

140+ is classified as genious [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION].

Got 124. But if I were to lie by 10 points like most people do about their scores 134. :p Jk. I think.

I think I really need to learn how to spell genius. Like that? This isn't the first time someone had to correct my spelling on it.

116 had to check my email, was a little confused about the sample results...

Btw what was it you were going to say Sloe =D

140+ is classified as genious @Serenity.

Got 124. But if I were to lie by 10 points like most people do about their scores 134. :p Jk. I think.
Actually 150+ is classified as genius.

124 is still above average :D.

I honestly didn't think twice about any of my answers. Kind of like I knew the answer immediately,...just not why immediately, i fyou get what I mean.

I'm still lost as what an IQ score really means. Being average vs. above average? Is there any real difference? Between average and genius is easier to see, but the "above average" label has always seemed elusive, as if means something but doesn't really, you know? :m083:

I'm still lost as what an IQ score really means. Being average vs. above average? Is there any real difference? Between average and genius is easier to see, but the "above average" label has always seemed elusive, as if means something but doesn't really, you know? :m083:
I.Q stands for intelligence quotient. It's theoretically supposed to be a measure of someone's general intelligence, cut and dry.

They say that the "average" IQ is 100 and "above average" is 120, but in all honesty, I have yet to meet an adult with an I.Q of less than 120. I know there are some out there though, but just because you have a genius IQ doesn't mean that you are a genius per se and just because you have an IQ of less than 120, does not mean you don't have above average intelligence.

What the I.Q test doesn't address, however, is the fact that people have different types of intelligence...most test are skewed towards logical/mathematical. linguistic, and visual/spatial intelligence, but what about the other types of intelligences?

What the I.Q test doesn't address, however, is the fact that people have different types of intelligence...most test are skewed towards logical/mathematical. linguistic, and visual/spatial intelligence, but what about the other types of intelligences?

Precisely. The IQ test only measures academic intelligence.

I did half the test and then just said "who the fuck cares how many legs 9 chicken, two frogs, and a goat have?"

30? No no, 31, that's it.

Btw what was it you were going to say Sloe =D

[MENTION=3573]Haven[/MENTION]

I saw your initial posted score was higher than mine, so I was asking you to please re-take the test and score worse! ^_^

[MENTION=3573]Haven[/MENTION]

I saw your initial posted score was higher than mine, so I was asking you to please re-take the test and score worse! ^_^

its like it was destiny. =D

Actually 150+ is classified as genius.

124 is still above average :D.

I honestly didn't think twice about any of my answers. Kind of like I knew the answer immediately,...just not why immediately, i fyou get what I mean.

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

150+ is genius? Where are you getting that from? Do you have a linkable source?

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx

First result on google using keywords "iq genius range".

Also,
One usage of the noun "genius" is closely related to the general concept of intelligence. One currently accepted way of attempting to measure one's intelligence is with an IQ test. The label of "genius" for persons of high IQ was popularized by Lewis Terman. He and his colleague Leta Hollingworth suggested different scores as a cut-off for genius in psychometric terms. Terman considered it to be an IQ of 140, while Hollingworth put it at an IQ of 180

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius

I know/met people in various ranges. Most won't brag about having low iq's, but honest people do. I've read your posts, my opinion is it's very unlikely that you ranked in the genius category. I'm gambling man by nature, I'd be willing to bet a lump some of money you didn't score that.

According to this chart http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQtable.aspx

You ranked 99.8% better than people in the world. Also an iq of 120+ is 1 of 10 people. You've met/know people with lower iq's than that. It would be impossible not to.

its like it was destiny. =D

I have no idea what to make of these things though. This is the first time I've ever taken an IQ test, and my lousy GPA doesn't speak well for whatever intelligence I might have.

Precisely. The IQ test only measures academic intelligence.

More like linear or convergent intelligence rather than creative intelligence. I guess that is what we teach in academia but IQ doesn't necessarily translate to good grades, academic success or even graduation.

More like linear or convergent intelligence rather than creative intelligence.

Which is what academics tends to focus on so i agree with @dream echo So, it's not "academic" in that you get good grades but it's academic intelligence in that academia values a particular type of reasoning and thinking style.