Introvert vs. Extrovert vs. Ambivert | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Introvert vs. Extrovert vs. Ambivert

*Thread title fixed*

The word snark does not exist.
For your consideration, snark. I personally like definition 13 the best. :wink:

what's ambivet?
lol sorry i can't think today...
Ambivert = Being both introverted and extroverted.

Some people energize me, but most people tire me. I'm mostly introverted, but have some extroversion too. You could almost call me an ambivert.

Oh! hmm...i must be Ambivert....

yay Ambivert's!

Introvert cause my feelings has an inny and my senses have an outty.

Well, because I's are social creatures also. Especially INFs! We're always in tuned with the way people around us are feeling, and want to make them feel more comfortable. At least that's how I feel as an INFJ. It's just where you get your energy from and hwat wears it down. If socializing wears you down earlier than most other people I suppose that means Introvert?

I have done some more thinking on this, I am deffinitely introverted.

Ambivert does not exist, you can't look outwards and inwards at the same time.

Ambivert does not exist, you can't look outwards and inwards at the same time.

I tend to think you're right. It's kind of the same as typing someone letter by letter. But when you look back at the big picture, it is all wrong.

You do either look inward or outward. You either get your energy from being with people, or you don't. I understand it's kind of difficult, and it is a sliding scale from extreme introvert to extreme extrovert... but there is a difference.

This is in no way meant to offend someone like Pristine. I think it's entirely possible to not know which you are... but there is likely a preference. I can't imagine there are many people who are a 50/50 split.

Last edited:
I tend to think you're right. It's kind of the same as typing someone letter by letter. But when you look back at the big picture, it is all wrong.

You do either look inward or outward. You either get your energy from being with people, or you don't. I understand it's kind of difficult, and it is a sliding scale from extreme introvert to extreme extrovert... but there is a difference.

This is in no way meant to offend someone like Pristine. I think it's entirely possible to not know which you are... but there is likely a preference. I can't imagine there are many people who are a 50/50 split.

but it is possible. I think someone can be ambivert. Mabye you don't do each at the same time but you get energy from both sides of the fence.

Everyone operates through an introverted or extroverted lens, if not then you might as well through the whole MBTI theory out the window as it's baseless.

Everyone operates through an introverted or extroverted lens, if not then you might as well through the whole MBTI theory out the window as it's baseless.

but, but, but... It is more of a continiouum. Look at the cognative functions, people could have an even split of i and e functions.

Idk, I just don't like the idea of saying some is purely introvert or extrovert, you could be a mix of both.

You are all silly, everyone is an ambivert. It's more rare to find a total introvert or extrovert. Ambiverts are everywhere. The I and E is to indicate which side a person leans, and everyone leans toward one or the other, with enough scrutiny.

Last edited:
but, but, but... It is more of a continiouum.

Test scores may show up as a continuum, but for the theory to hold up people must be one or the other, and I believe they are, you will always have a natural tendency no matter how developed your functions are.

Look at the cognative functions, people could have an even split of i and e functions.

But you have a dominant function running the show (like an operating system) and that function will either be focused externally or internally, if you had two dominant functions you would be like a headless chook.

Test scores may show up as a continuum, but for the theory to hold up people must be one or the other, and I believe they are, you will always have a natural tendency no matter how developed your functions are.

But you have a dominant function running the show (like an operating system) and that function will either be focused externally or internally, if you had two dominant functions you would be like a headless chook.

Blarg, what wyote said is what I really ment to say I guess. Well for the theory to hold up I understand that but... grr, I can't explain it.

You are all silly, everyone is an ambivert. It's more rare to find a total introvert or extrovert. Ambiverts are everywhere. The I and E is to indicate which side a person leans, and everyone leans toward one or the other, with enough scrutiny.

Actually the I and the E are to indicate whether your dominant function is extroverted or introverted.

Forget energy and all that bollocks, I get energy from what I eat. If your dominant function is Ni, then you're introverted, if your dominant function is Fe then you're extraverted etc.

There is no such thing as Na, Fa, Ta, Sa. Therefore there is no such thing as ambivert.