Inner Critic | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Inner Critic

It's not in me to let things go once I've committed. I will always take an action or say something.

So no commitment, no problems.

I thought this was very profound. Indeed. Facing your inner critic is hard---we think other's are cruel--they got nothing on the stuff we lie to ourselves about. I have found that my current journey involves finding that "inner objectivity"--I'm afraid I'm still rather destructive with the whole process though.

I started a gratitude diary here on this forum that I try to write in everyday. It is having a really profound effect on my perspective, attitude, and feelings about myself and life. I didn't notice this until you started this thread but it is also having a drowning effect on what used to be my "inner critic". Sometimes when I'm in a real bummer of a mood I have to really stretch to find something to be grateful for, but I noticed time and time again when I find even just one thing that I'm grateful for, no matter how small - I smile. It never fails. No matter how crummy I happen to feel that particular day when I find that one thing to be grateful for - I smile, every time.

It took a long time to quiet my "inner critic", figure out where it was coming from, and change those old worn out negative record skipping LP's that I never liked anyway. I found most of them really didn't have anything to do with me anyway. I still grapple with it sometimes but I'm more aware of it now which makes it that much easier to replace it with positive things. Just my thoughts.

You are the one who thinks you are awkward and strange. Everyone else thinks you are within the normal range. Matt and Stan are the ones everybody thinks are strange.

I was saying that... that I'm the one who is critical. Other people seem to respond well to me.

Matt and Stan do not make any effort whatsoever to fit into polite society. I'm pretty sure neither of them has an inner critic about anything in life.

Last edited: