INFP Male Interested in ENFJ Female | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFP Male Interested in ENFJ Female

Congrats! :) But I'm glad you mentioned this, because I do think this is an important trait that INFPs need in a partner, someone they can be themselves with, without fear of judgment; someone who is not seeking to be impressed. And someone who is willing to be with you, and spend time with you, uninhibited by too many outside distractions. Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: hn87c901 and Gaze
Okay guys so I asked her out (her name is Emily) :)
She said yes, and I'm bringing flowers to the first date which is this Thursday.

For those who have been following my "Dating That Leads to Marriage" thread (http://www.infjs.com/threads/dating-that-leads-to-marriage.32518/), please know that I have decided not to bring up my end-goal of marriage during the first date. :p If all goes well and we hit it off, I will casually mention I date with the intention of a future marriage, but I will probably wait a couple weeks as I don't want to come across too strong at first.

I will keep you all updated on how the date goes!

She said yes, and I'm bringing flowers to the first date which is this Thursday.

For those who have been following my "Dating That Leads to Marriage" thread (http://www.infjs.com/threads/dating-that-leads-to-marriage.32518/), please know that I have decided not to bring up my end-goal of marriage during the first date. :p If all goes well and we hit it off, I will casually mention I date with the intention of a future marriage, but I will probably wait a couple weeks as I don't want to come across too strong at first.

Woot whoot! Glad she said yes. First step is over with so you can breathe easy now. Wasn't too bad, right?

Don't take this the wrong way because it's a compliment, but as an engaged guy myself I find your attitude freaking adorable. lol Good luck with everything!

Woot whoot! Glad she said yes. First step is over with so you can breathe easy now. Wasn't too bad, right?

Don't take this the wrong way because it's a compliment, but as an engaged guy myself I find your attitude freaking adorable. lol Good luck with everything!

Thanks bro. How long you been engaged for? Congrats btw :)

Reactions: hn87c901
Thanks bro. How long you been engaged for? Congrats btw :)

I got engaged about 3 months ago. Our wedding is planned for December because my girl has always wanted a december wedding lol we dated for a little over a year-- around 14 months i'd say. knew she was the one within the first 6 months of our relationship and i haven't looked back since.

I think those sort of things can be figured out pretty early and easily without outright stating them in an awkward/obtuse manner~ anyway, I'm sure it'll all be good, sounds like you have your head on straight =]
That's awesome that she said yes, congrats man and good luck on your date!
shappy_thumb-up_100-101.gif

Reactions: RunDeep
I think those sort of things can be figured out pretty early and easily without outright stating them in an awkward/obtuse manner~ anyway, I'm sure it'll all be good, sounds like you have your head on straight =]
That's awesome that she said yes, congrats man and good luck on your date!
shappy_thumb-up_100-101.gif

Yeah thats kinda what I was afraid of, sounding awkward-- however I do want her to know that i have serious intentions. just to make sure we are on the same page-- I thought my ex was serious about me and a whole year-and-a-half went by and it turns out she didn't even want kids. If I had known that I probably wouldnt have wasted my time to begin with. I guess I had always skirted around the serious conversations, just assuming she wanted what i wanted. So I'm trying to be more upfront about my intentions with my next gf.

Thank you for the good wishes man, I'll certainly keep everyone updated. :)

Reactions: endersgone
Yeah thats kinda what I was afraid of, sounding awkward-- however I do want her to know that i have serious intentions. just to make sure we are on the same page-- I thought my ex was serious about me and a whole year-and-a-half went by and it turns out she didn't even want kids. If I had known that I probably wouldnt have wasted my time to begin with. So I'm trying to be more upfront about my intentions with my next gf.

Thank you for the good wishes man, I'll certainly keep everyone updated. :)

Definitely better to be forthright if it's something not easily discernible for sure, glad to hear the last one was a good learning experience at least.

You sound quite similar to myself, almost too similar... wait a second?!?!?!

985e2b0342267f8cd201a4dd7c54515a.jpg

Definitely better to be forthright if it's something not easily discernible for sure, glad to hear the last one was a good learning experience at least.

You sound quite similar to myself, almost too similar... wait a second?!?!?!

985e2b0342267f8cd201a4dd7c54515a.jpg

INFP + INFJ :)

Yes, its not surprising actually because id assume that INFJs are similar to INFPs in many ways. though love ideals do tend to vary from person to person. either way, I rarely ever meet INFP or INFJ males in real life so its nice to get to talk to some on sites these likes :)

Reactions: endersgone
INFP + INFJ :)

Yes, its not surprising actually. I rarely ever meet INFP or INFJ males in real life so its nice to get to talk to some on sites these likes

I'm actually an INFP : P it's just in socionics lingo (essentially), all the better to spy on those heretic Js
sfun_ninjastealth.gif

Last edited:
Don't do it. ENFJs are crazy!! I am just joking. My mom is an ENFJ. I feel like they respond to gifts. Maybe you could take her flowers and ask her out. It is a bold move if you are shy, but who could say no to that?

I think I have figured out that she loves gifts and gift-giving, based on my recent text conversation with her. ;) She's also obsessed with chocolate... was thinking about bringing her chocolates to go along with those flowers?

I think I have figured out that she loves gifts and gift-giving, based on my recent text conversation with her. ;) She's also obsessed with chocolate... was thinking about bringing her chocolates to go along with those flowers?
Yes or just chocolate would be fine too.

OP, I am an INFJ, possible ENFJ, woman. I say dont bring her flowers or chocolate on the first date. To me that seems like the guy is trying too hard. Pay for her dinner/drinks, but don't start with the gifts from date 1.

Hi everyone! I'm new here. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :p I was wondering about INFP-ENFJ relationships. I have always heard the saying that "The ENFJ is the INFP's best friend." Is this actually true... lol Does anyone here have any personal experience with this dynamic in a relationship?

I'm asking because I'm very interested in an ENFJ girl. She's beautiful, talented, and out of my league (in my opinion :p). I know that she's interested in me as well because her best friend has hinted around at this several times and indirectly made it pretty obvious the last time I talked to her. I want to ask this girl out. She seems very kindhearted and loving, although I do not know her extremely well because I'm shy. Need to make more of an effort so that she knows I like her back. lol

I am an ENFJ and i can personally attest that both my best friend and my significant other are INFP. As far as my SO goes, we have a very deep level of synchronization where we often have the same thoughts, we might just come to the same answer by different means. My boyfriend was previously my best friend of 5 years but we were so close that both of us were too afraid to admit our feelings to the other for fear of losing the amazing friendship we had. I wont lie, I had to make the first move before he opened up and told me he had had feelings for me for 5 years. But speaking as an ENFJ i wish he would have just told me instead of keeping his feelings hidden for fear of rejection. If you have feelings for an ENFJ I would recommend going for it because the worst thing that would happen is that she will say "no" but chances are even then she would still appreciate having someone like you as a friend.

Reactions: Kaito and Comet

That's great! I can relate so much to your situation, i also have this ENFJ girl in my class (I'm 17). I hope i will finally break the wall of my shyness and social anxiety to ask her out like you did.

Btw. This thread was so nice to read with all of you, guys! It felt like in a book about chatroom with friends from distant places, it was amazing :')

Reactions: Comet