INFJs: What does 'fun' mean to you? | INFJ Forum

INFJs: What does 'fun' mean to you?

phoenix

Sep 5, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5 sx/sp
To patch a hole in the frivolity generator inside my mad science lab, please elaborate. You will be recompensed in stardust.

Anything that causes me to forget everything that I usually worry about.

-When the day goes unexpectedly well. The emphasis is on unexpected because some leisurely activity has been squeezed in, or somehow monotonous routine has become exciting.
-When multitasking goes well. Yes, I am a woman.
-When I am absorbed in a new activity with the concept of 'flow'. Flow is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. Usually time passes quickly without you knowing, because you are so absorbed.
-Walking with someone you love, surrounded by nature.
-Writing to friends.
-INFJf.
-Doing anything new, that isn't daunting can be refreshing! ---> a well organised trip or stress-free holiday.

Pony rides and dancing bears! First thing that came to mind. And now I eagerly await said stardust... :)

I actually love to fix and organize things, which was why I constantly "borrowed" my cousin's massive collection of Magic the Gathering cards when I was younger. Play the game? Hell no, I just wanted to find fifty different ways to arrange the cards.

Goofing off by the lakesides or doing something simple with friends is also pretty swell. I also admit to a fondness for bubblegum pop.

[MENTION=1593]pipsqueaka[/MENTION] I'm envious of your multitasking ability.

Fun, for me is:

Intellectually stimulating conversation about a wide range of topics

Playing with my kids (though it can be draining at times)

Enjoying art and film

Thinking

Daydreaming

Surfing the Net

Occasionally, playing sports

Some Nights.

being serious though: working out, being outdoors, physical movement, physical movement or food with friends. movies and TV. (provided they are relevant to my interests.)

Fun, for me is:

Playing with my kids (though it can be draining at times)

I've noticed that too, even if what we are not doing a bunch of running around, play time is draining for me a lot of the time. I'm exhausted when I'm done.

The thing I enjoy doing most that I'd classify as fun is probably working out. Living pleasantly with others, being part of a family or a group, is also fun.
Everything else falls somewhere along the spectrum of fulfilling, satisfying, stimulating, etc.
I don't think I have fun easily because I get anxious about things.
Although dating has been fun lately. No anxiety, lol.

I've noticed that too, even if what we are not doing a bunch of running around, play time is draining for me a lot of the time. I'm exhausted when I'm done.

Well, I love hanging around with them, just talking and joking around with them, or playing Legos or drawing with them...stuff like that.
And I like to play sports or wrestle with them in short bursts now and then, but it's hard to handle their high energy and constant physical activity--and all the relentless chatter and noise!

And that's after a full day at work! The moment I step in the door, they want to play!
Then the whole weekend they're jumping on me like a couple of monkeys wanting to play!

At the end of the day, I'm just burnt out. And my wife gets even more burnt out than I do. (She's an INFP)

We love em to death, but we're pretty relieved when bedtime comes around. :D

Sorry for the slight derail, people. Carry on. :D

Last edited:

Me too! I love playtime, but it wipes me out, lol

Me too! I love playtime, but it wipes me out, lol

Me three! I've recently made a concious effort to be more relaxed. (hm. is effort to be relaxed an oxymoron? shrug, oh, well.)

It's quite fun to hide behind bushes and jump out and attack them with water guns or silly string. Or if you're worn out just sitting on the floor and letting them crawl all over you seems to qualify as "play" in a pinch... surprising how just sitting on the floor makes a difference...

For myself, any kind of physical outdoor activity is fun; it is impossible to be unhappy after getting outside exercise. Or anything involving water (just about), or reading, or going to a good movie (preferably alone, so no one interferes with the suspension of reality or hogs the popcorn) or going to museums, art or natural history, and spas generally are very fun.

Cooking can be fun. Figuring things out is extremely fun.

Oh, and I've recently discovered that watching that Gagnam Style video and trying to get people to do that dance is also extremely fun. Try to get your kids to do it, if you have them. Definitely fun.

Last edited:
when I think of fun I think of activity of some kind, like skateboarding or throwing snowballs at other people or watching an entertaining show

can be a lot of things. From playing old videogames and roleplaying, from going to the mountain and smoking weed with a nice girl, drinking and passing out, playing or going to a show, so many things :)

Anything that's stimulating and has a degree of challenge mixed with enjoyment. Physical activity preferred.

*shocked gasp* I must not be an introverted intuitive!

Anything that makes me feel warm inside.

(Is that ambiguous enough?)

my most memorable times were when i would just sit in a quite dark room and stare at the wall (ie. meditate) for hours at a time, it is refreshing and i do it quite often

but i also function very well with multi-tasking and under stress

landscaping is fun

personally, i want to go skydiving, even if just once, to jump out of a perfectly good airplane :)

jujitsu and iaido to keep myself disciplined

depending on what i'm feeling, i guess

Reactions: Quiet
music. i feel myself move underneath the floor, and a small waist (which i detested and ignored when i was sixteen) can be seen from hips which move like sound itself. no large eyes in hips. and when i dance i know that i am happy.

Fun=entertainment, which brings pleasure.. The true pleasure is being in love with myself and the world/people around me.
It's pretty fun to walk on railroad tracks.