INFJ's As Soldiers. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ's As Soldiers.

Are we talking strictly combat situations, only 10% of the military is combat oriented and I know several FJs in highschool who went the route.

Discipline and structure are excelent for te J in the INFJ, I could easily see combat positions for INFJs who feel they have a reason to fight.

Can you expand on this a little more, I still don't understand how the J plays out in this whole ''in the military'' situation.

Personally I am going more and more the INFP route based on this descriptions.

When I was younger

I saw them in dreams and visions

There were many doors I could not open

To breathe the fresh air beyond the closed passages

The experience of hardship mental and physical forged new plans

Leading to strange lands never seen before

Open my mind and lead me to the future

To realize the wonder of Life

The Beauty of Death

To tame the waves of my soul

To live wild and free

Looking left and right

Loving what is not there

It is nothing and everything

There is no definition when it just is...

_

Last edited:
Can you expand on this a little more, I still don't understand how the J plays out in this whole ''in the military'' situation.

J seeks structure and conformity, to be apart of a machine if you will. Te military provides a great deal of structure, and leads individuals to see there purpose as part of the machine.

J types like order from the chaos, they tend to not like surprises as much and want things brought to a conclusion so It can be understood in its entirety. THe military is very organized.

Oh bah.

What rubbish.

INFJ's are nice thoughtful people.

Typical soldiers are obedient, thoughtless killers.

I see no connection.

Oh bah.

What rubbish.

I see no connection.
Lol what ignorance.

Oh bah.

What rubbish.

I see no connection.

You're looking at only one minor facet of the personality.

imo, INFJs are one of the types with most potential to turn over to the "dark side".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM-PzHr9M5Y"]YouTube- Angel of Darkness lyrics[/ame]

when I hear this song..I think INFJ..lol

I'm sorry, but following a government and obeying orders you cannot fully comprehend while making no attempt to understand your enemy's culture is not my idea of noble.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a noble soldier.

Certainley not in todays world.

INFJ's lack the necessary functions to be villians Peppermint.

T is most definately a prequisite, and some form of unbiased perception too.

INFJ's are too nice. When they're nasty it's school girl nasty. Not very threatening, just kinda cute.

I'm sorry, but following a government and obeying orders you cannot fully comprehend while making no attempt to understand your enemy's culture is not my idea of noble.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a noble soldier.

Certainley not in todays world.

INFJ's lack the necessary functions to be villians Peppermint.

T is most definately a prequisite, and some form of unbiased perception too.

INFJ's are too nice. When they're nasty it's school girl nasty. Not very threatening, just kinda cute.

*facepalm*

INFJs have exactly what a villain needs.

Feeling types aren't all candy and rainbows. A disgruntled, disappointed, jaded Feeling type is one of the creatures with most potential for cruelty.

The abused, the downtrodden, the broken.

Once everything dear to them is stepped on, they snap fantastically.

And it is the emotion, the fact they care that fuels them.

and I'm not only talking about the deranged loonies. They have quite the ability to plan with Ni foresight and vision and execute with Fe direction. Fe is an objective function, despite that that's commonly misunderstood.

Also, being Ni dominants makes them even more likely to be disappointed with the world and develop strong resentment when it fails to meet their expectations.

As for the army itself, needles to say, not everyone is cannon fodder there. In fact for an INFJs with the necessary drive and ambition, a high position might be the perfect way to make the difference they want.

Last edited:
Feeling types can be evil..
Just watch Charlie the unicorn..they stoled his frigging kidney! xD.

you're way off the mark. you dont anything about INFJs real nature. Youre just seeing what you've been shown lol.

Oh, but come now.

Feeling types attack with claws, nuclear bombs and handbags, Thinking types with WITTY RETORTS and NASTY STARES.

Obviously one should avoid evil Thinkers above all!

Feelers are harmless in comparison!

(Oh, well, I'm talking about the aggressive military, the peons behind the computers are just as silly though, using their brain power to fuel war, imagine!)

*facepalm*

INFJs have exactly what a villain needs.

Feeling types aren't all candy and rainbows. A disgruntled, disappointed, jaded Feeling type is one of the creatures with most potential for cruelty.

The abused, the downtrodden, the broken.

Once everything dear to them is stepped on, they snap fantastically.

And it is the emotion, the fact they care that fuels them.

and I'm not only talking about the deranged loonies. They have quite the ability to plan with Ni foresight and vision and execute with Fe direction. Fe is an objective function, despite that that's commonly misunderstood.

Also, being Ni dominants makes them even more likely to be disappointed with the world and develop strong resentment when it fails to meet their expectations.

As for the army itself, needles to say, not everyone is cannon fodder there. In fact for an INFJs with the necessary drive and ambition, a high position might be the perfect way to make the difference they want.

Totally, every INFJ I have ever met has a darkside, thats not to be trifled with.

Oh, but come now.

Feeling types attack with claws, nuclear bombs and handbags, Thinking types with WITTY RETORTS and NASTY STARES.

Obviously one should avoid evil Thinkers above all!

Feelers are harmless in comparison!

(Oh, well, I'm talking about the aggressive military, the peons behind the computers are just as silly though, using their brain power to fuel war, imagine!)

You've never crossed a truly pissed INFJ then. We are scary when pushed. And I wouldn't want to mess with us. Atleast with other types you can see it coming and you can reason your way out of it.

Don't underestimate us.

Also backing up a bit. If we found someone we could really fallow I could see it working. As others have side finding a boss you can fallow is hard for an INFJ but when you do its usually to hell and back.

oh, a 19 year old intp, nvm.

oh, a 19 year old intp, nvm.

NTPs think they hold the crown on nasty. But we have some scary parts to use we just don't show them often.:m171:

You guys are being mean to my fluffypuff..

Melkor I still love you, I can give you my sweet chocolate love, with lots of hugs and kisses..and I will do anything to please you.

But if you betray me..I will kill you and make sure sure you go through hell <3
:)

Love ya.

You guys are being mean to my fluffypuff..

Melkor I still love you, I can give you my sweet chocolate love, with lots of hugs and kisses..and I will do anything to please you.

But if you betray me..I will kill you and make sure sure you go through hell <3
:)

Love ya.

MMMm thats hawt!

:eek:

Uh, right.

I'm still not afraid of you INFJ's.

In fact I find you all sickeningly endearing.

Hahah, and come now, it's not like you have to dig deep with INFJ's, they throw themselves at the trustworthy:>

Also Raccoon, I looooovveee you too you fucking freak.