INFJs and Stories | INFJ Forum

INFJs and Stories

ENTroP

Community Member
Nov 24, 2009
MBTI
ENTx
I've noticed that my friend, Hwa Ling (INFJ), likes to tell stories about her friends, and different experiences that she has had. She does this with pretty good pacing and detail, and overall I enjoy her stories. Any of you INFJs like/are good at telling stories?

You tell me. Stories From My Indigo Childhood.

In general, I think so. To an Fe user, our experiences with others are important. This is how we relate, connect, and feel. We also feel that by sharing these experiences we can further relate to people and understand the human condition more. Build more bonds. For me at least, I just want my stories and experiences to be clear and understandable. I just enjoy sharing with others, and listing to what others have to say.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I like telling stories -- whether or not I'm good at it is another story entirely :D Usually, I don't bother unless I know someone is interested in hearing it.

The rare occasions when I've got it in myself to relay a story to someone, I tend to get lost in reminiscence and drone on a bit. I've been assured that they're interested, but I guess I also worry that I'm driving them crazy. ^^;;

So I suppose, I enjoy telling them, I just don't know that length means it's any good.

Haha! So it is an INFJ thing...

Thx for the link to your story thread! You are a good story teller :D

Last edited:
I think I am. I dont know. I guess its the knack of applying past knowlege and observations subconsciously that we do---well at least for making up stories, I dunno about the "telling."

In writing only.

And perhaps if I've had more than my 2 glass limit of wine..

In writing only.

After a few glasses of wine, I just tell the same stories again and again. ^^;;

... or if I'm under an anesthetic. Crazy what that stuff'll do.

I'm a good story teller when I have good listeners, and I enjoy it thoroughly.

I freakin' LOOOVVEE telling stories. I wish I could get paid tell stories.

I've noticed that my friend, Hwa Ling (INFJ), likes to tell stories about her friends, and different experiences that she has had. She does this with pretty good pacing and detail, and overall I enjoy her stories. Any of you INFJs like/are good at telling stories?

Haha. I absolutely adore telling stories to my friends about whatever. Usually though, I talk to my friends about my other friends so it gets to the point that all of my friends know each other even though they haven't met personally. Heh. I also have a habit of telling my friends about stuff that happened to me with detail and precision though I tend to always watch out about how much I've been talking. I don't want to bore them or anything, though they never say that, but since I also listen, I know how boring a one-sided conversation can be and I don't want to engage my friends in that.

I'm notorious for telling stories all the time. A friend of mine says I can't make a point without a beautiful narrative to exemplify it.

Yes, and I love writing them. But I'm probably better at writing them than telling them. And I love when people tell me stories about them, their experiences, etc.

Last edited:
I don't tell personal stories to anyone but my friends and family (mostly because I clam up around people I don't know very well in person). I'm told I'm pretty good at making things funny and interesting.

But like many other folks here, a lot of what I really want to say is expressed best in writing.

Not sure if i'm a good storyteller but i like listening to a good storyteller tell a good story.

In writing only.

hehe, I'm Italian, so about the wine... (toasts WellNoWonder)

yea, telling stories feels like a good way to share, but only if I feel as though the other person wants to hear what I have to say.

How funny, I've been thinking about this a lot too, and was even thinking of starting a thread on it. I am a natural storyteller, and in many of my posts I respond with stories. I think stories are highly relatable to other people.

I enjoy telling stories, but I don't know if I'm any good.
Usually, if it's supposed to be funny I get some smiles and laughs and if it's sad then people look sad, but I think it's too unexpected of me as I'm quite reserved in certain aspects of speech.
I have been told I have a soothing singing and reading voice though.