Retired Staff
May 5, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Random
ok, i'll name one:

Randy Travis <<--- sang about love and broken hearts

hmmm This is a tough one because some songs are and some arent...

Im going to say Tori amos (possibly) But she can also have a very fantastical style as well...

yea, songs are like poems... you can get a lot from what they sing about, especially if it is their own song

i was going to put Johnny Cash, but idk...

It's a long shot but maybe Joe Strummer (the guy in my avatar)? ENFJ is probably more likely.

"Their songs tackled social decay, unemployment, racism, police brutality, political and social repression, and militarism in detail. "

"Strummer was the first artist to make the recording, pressing and distribution of his records carbon neutral through the planting of trees."

-had a complex and contradictory personality

Quote:

"The yuppie idea of the future ain’t my idea of a future. Your safe car, and home, and job, and all the time rushing between the three–let’s make people feel they can grow up and have some education, some interest in life! That’s what counts! "

It's hard to type people I admire, I've thought Johnny Cash too, have to be careful i'm not projecting though.

I'm a They Might Be Giants fan, and I tend to think John Linnell is an INFJ. I don't know if there are any listeners out there...
What do ya think?

entyqua said:
Im going to say Tori amos (possibly) But she can also have a very fantastical style as well...
what do you mean by fantastical that couldn't fit in an INFJ personality?

I was thinking of Lisa Gerrard from dead can dance but she could be a T too... Definitely Ni though...

Shaz- said:
entyqua said:

I was thinking of Lisa Gerrard from dead can dance but she could be a T too... Definitely Ni though...

Not at all! Just saying its fantastical as well as deeply feeling!

ShaiGar said:
are the singers INFJ, or are the songwriters?

Tori Amos is the singer/songwriter Has always written her own music and lyrics...

entyqua said:
Shaz- said:
entyqua said:

Not at all! Just saying its fantastical as well as deeply feeling!
:D I agree. sorry it was just the sentence formulation that misled me :p

ShaiGar said:
are the singers INFJ, or are the songwriters?

the singers, more preferably the ones that actually write their own songs as it would be easier tell

hank williams jr, i would say, leans more towards the intp

willy nelson, infj?

I've heard that Morrissey is an INFJ. Do you think this is true?
I absolutely ADORE Morrissey.

Really, Morrissey is an INFJ? I love him as well.. The morose lyrics to the beautiful music. Who knew.

Is Neil Young a singer? Warble ha ha.

Yeah, le Moz is infj. Marr is intp.

I'm going to guess Tom Waits in an INFJ.. if you listen to his lyrics. But I don't feel like going through the functional analysis of his songs.

Reactions: invisible
You guys are just picking good singers and saying they must be INFJ. bah

No listen to the lyrics of the one I posted. I have also talked to her online before. She is most certainly an INFJ, lol.