INFJ and paranormal gifted? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INFJ and paranormal gifted?

HAHAHAHAH!! -.- no..

It would have been cool though..

Today there was a reality show on our TV called "the sixth sence". It is some sort of contest for people with a sixted sence or paranormal talents (I don't know if you use this expression in English?).

My question is, do you think there is a correlation between being INFJ and being paranormal? Is intuition the same as a sixth sence? Do these people use the same intuition as we have to know/feel these thinks? Do some of you gays can do stuff like this? Knowing what has happened to someone or in some place just from looking at a picture of the person or being in the place? Knowing in which closed box the living animal is hidden?

There is a test to find out if you are paranormal gifted, it is called the zenertest. There are five images and each time the computer will choose one of them. The aim is to predict which one he will chooses. You have to repeat this aproximately 60 times. When the result is below 1.96 you are not gifted, 1.96-2.58 light gifted, 2.58-3.00 moderate gifted, higher then 3.00 extremely gifted.

http://www.starmanproductions.nl/zener/zenertest.html
It is in Dutch, let me know if you need a translation

I have to admit that I was not at all gifted. But maybe that is because I normaly don't use my intuition to find out thinks and at the moments that I was really intuned, I was right 3-4 times in a row. Are maybe I'm just not :)

My take on intuition is it is the feeling we get when we are emotionally "clear".
I have recently completed treatment for Adult ADHD, and have gone from being really unsettled and turbulent, and incredibly impulsive to being very calm.
I had thought of myself as very left brained- logic based- but I was fooling myself.

In fact I see that I perceive gestalts very readily- and often grasp complex pictures that cannot easily be summarised by words. My reactions and decisions now are much more based on the feeling I have about the situation.
Now that I am not anxious all the time, and have done mindfulness training, I find I am sensitive to subtle feelings of alarm or anger- and I base my decision making on them. I then review the result- if my mind has come back to its rest state, I know I have done well. If not- I know my decision was a first approximation ad I have to explore further.

I have had a number of difficult moral decisions to make- and the feeling of the unresolved tension that i note is very marked, and very unsettling. I really note the feeling of stillness that comes when I choose well. I think that is intuition.
Specifically i think it comes from interoceptive processing of autonomic nervous system mediated sensations of tension or relaxation in the Insula in the brain. Maybe the Insula is the third eye.

Reactions: Stu