Morgain

defective wisdom
Donor
Aug 20, 2009
MBTI
INFJ again
Enneagram
4w5
Today there was a reality show on our TV called "the sixth sence". It is some sort of contest for people with a sixted sence or paranormal talents (I don't know if you use this expression in English?).

My question is, do you think there is a correlation between being INFJ and being paranormal? Is intuition the same as a sixth sence? Do these people use the same intuition as we have to know/feel these thinks? Do some of you gays can do stuff like this? Knowing what has happened to someone or in some place just from looking at a picture of the person or being in the place? Knowing in which closed box the living animal is hidden?

There is a test to find out if you are paranormal gifted, it is called the zenertest. There are five images and each time the computer will choose one of them. The aim is to predict which one he will chooses. You have to repeat this aproximately 60 times. When the result is below 1.96 you are not gifted, 1.96-2.58 light gifted, 2.58-3.00 moderate gifted, higher then 3.00 extremely gifted.

http://www.starmanproductions.nl/zener/zenertest.html
It is in Dutch, let me know if you need a translation

I have to admit that I was not at all gifted. But maybe that is because I normaly don't use my intuition to find out thinks and at the moments that I was really intuned, I was right 3-4 times in a row. Are maybe I'm just not :)

Last edited:
Don't watch VTM ;)

Just kidding. It's just that I have nothing to contribute.

Well, I failed the first test, I can't decipher the dutch language.

I think all this paranormal stuff is bullshit. If there were paranormal abilities in humans, INFJ's sure as hell wouldn't be the best candidates!

Score: 0 U bent niet paranormaal begaafd.

Guys, you just need to try and 'guess' what the object is.
After 60 tries, press on Toon resultaten (show results).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. I don't need to take the test to know I'm not paranormally gifted.

In fact, I doubt there is anyone out there that really is... The paranormally gifted and the ones they convince that they are, I'd say are more cognitively biased (selective perception, anyone?)

then what is the difference between intuition and sixth sense? Isn't paranormal gifted without all the hocus pocus not the same has having a strong intuition?

can you, when you see someone, not tell when there is something wrong, or that they are not telling the truth even when nobody else feels it? Haven't yhou been in a place where you want to get out as quickly as possible because it feels like a terrible place aldough you don't know anything about the place?

anyway, the second time a scored: "possible light paranormal gifted

here is it in english: http://www.psychic-experiences.com/psychic-tests/zener-cards.php

I think that intuition is based on something (thoughts, feelings, ...) you get from being in a certain situation.

Hmm... I don't really know if this is the same thing, but has anybody heard of the Indigo Child Theory? If you haven't you can read about them here (Please note that this site is rather dated though, so some of the information is a bit off, especially about age... Instead about eight they'd be roughly around 15-20 years old.)

There's also Crystal and Rainbow Children, but I don't know. It interests me.

I really stink at this. The most I got was 7 :(

In fact, I doubt there is anyone out there that really is... The paranormally gifted and the ones they convince that they are, I'd say are more cognitively biased (selective perception, anyone?)

I do agree to an extent, but the brain is mystical by default and has some mysteries yet to be uncovered so I can't really say what does or doesnt exist with any real certainty. As Robert Anton Wilson expounded upon reality tunnels, our perception of reality is as broad or limited as we consciously or unconsciously decide it to be.

Intuition is usually the strongest when you really need it.

Nope, nothin'.

Although it was frustrating; I'd pick one, and it'd be wrong then, but it would come up the next turn, so it was like I was a step ahead :/

EDIT: I realized I second-guess myself a lot; when I first started again, I got all out of 8 guesses right, then I began skipping ahead, then got flustered, and then really second-guessed myself, and it all went to crap.

Last edited:
Nope, nothin'.

Although it was frustrating; I'd pick one, and it'd be wrong then, but it would come up the next turn, so it was like I was a step ahead :/

The same thing happened to me.

Some of the times I was able to guess correctly, but usually I didn't care and just randomly guessed.

Sorcerer! Burn him! Get your pitchforks everyone!

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't really know if this is the same thing, but has anybody heard of the Indigo Child Theory? If you haven't you can read about them here (Please note that this site is rather dated though, so some of the information is a bit off, especially about age... Instead about eight they'd be roughly around 15-20 years old.)

There's also Crystal and Rainbow Children, but I don't know. It interests me.

Weird, that's the second time in 2 days that I've heard the term indigo child. I had never heard of it before. I did some reading, and it sounds like a lot of BS to me, but I'm a cynic.

My sister's friend, who thinks she is paranormal, told her that her son is an indigo child and now my sister is into this idea. But her friend also told her that our dead grandfather has been reborn and is now a 5 year old girl living in China.

OK, whatever.