IMO women have some very very big issues | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

IMO women have some very very big issues

Apparently completing unimaginable acts in front of people is recognised as being somewhat more effective than the whole sneaking around aspect. Generally we don't want to believe in such things so such a method can cause a temporary form of paralysis in onlookers.

It's not completely unimaginable to be abducted on a dark street at night, really. Rapid dominance is less about being unexpected than it is about totally overwhelming the target with stimuli to disrupt their decision-making process. That's why professional fighters, soldiers, cops, etc. do situational drills but also work out the context of where they are at any time i.e. "What part of town am I in, who is around me, where's all the cover to hide behind." It's a mindset of getting out of trouble before you're even in it. I treat the streets of my city at dark the same way I'd treat the foothills of Montana in April. They're both plenty dangerous.

Like I said, though, a lot of people are really just cattle, totally disconnected from the reality of the world around them, waiting to be preyed upon by wolves.

[MENTION=6650]SealHammer[/MENTION].

I thought it was a day time attack for some reason.

I have no comment to make concerning your assessment. I stick with the human experience eveytime.

Sorry. The woman could have done a lot more to try to save her life. Thats the very simple story here.

I find it strange that you don't know why people don't like clickbait
Actually I have a specific planned reason for it. Its ok that you dont see what it is, many people never do.

For every one of these, I would wager you can find dozens of good deeds out there, caught on film, too.

Consider what you are choosing to focus on and, more importantly, why.

In the news today there is a story about an abducted woman. It happens all the time but what makes this one stand out is that it was all caught on video. I the video a man of average size takes this women a block and a half on a well lit street. Puts her down long enough to open bis car door. Somehow gets her inside and closes the door. Once inside another car drives up looking for a parking spot directly behind them and eventually drives off.

A block an a half on a well lit street at night. .. wtf. So many things go through my head when I see this. Does this woman know the second this man touched her, her life was in question? Its not anymore. The chance they find this woman alive is minimal at this point. But tbe video shows her struggling a bit but nothing much. Maybe she just thought the guy wanted to ask her for directions.

No seriously wtf. The world is not a happy place. Have your own hopes and dreams on your own time. Believe in fairies, angels if you want but live in the real world enough to recognize its not that way. This was a single standard sized man. It wasnt and asteroid, super volcano, cancer, train.... it was another fed up single human that somehow took her. Why did this woman nit fight for her life? Why did she not go for this persons eyes and try to or successfully tear them out? Why did she not scratch, punch, kick, spit her abuductor. Why when he was distracted enough to open the car door did she not run? Wtf? She was being taken to her death.

The real world can have hope. Theres enough room for it. You hope things like this dont happen to you but regardless you make yourself prepared for them should they happen. You have a plan of action in your head so you dont have to come up with one on the fly.

Now I suspect theyll eventually find this guy. If theres justice they guy will be put to death in the most painful way possible. But that only keeps him from doing this to others. This womans life is no longer that. Cut short by another single person.

Wtf. Just wtf.

Harden not your heart my friend.

This reads like blaming the victim of the first order, the reality is that there are evil people and they are very good at identifying vulnerable targets, it is them, the evil people, who have the very big issues and I'm not sure that we should want to transform society to conform to managing their behaviour anymore than I would suggest we transform society to conform to any other small percentile of the population.

I'll give you another example, should the censorship of films, books and other media be determined by the majority of the adult population being able to exercise self-determination or be determined by the small percentage of those who can not exercise self-dermination because of learning disabilities, personality disorders or diminished responsibility?

We'd all agree that there need to be more shepards than wolves but demonising the sheep? Its not the answer, not everyone is going to be capable of violence even in self-defence, even when their life is at stake, for some people the more horrorifying and traumatising thing is going to be doing whatever it takes to defend themselves, to injury, maim or kill others, even when its justified its traumatising.

Sorry. The woman could have done a lot more to try to save her life. Thats the very simple story here.

Perhaps. Who knows.

I would say that adopting that sort of judgement of victims is not going to protect you from being a victim yourself you know.

Some times you just don't believe shit is happening and you kind of shut down a little.

I remember when I was mugged once I basically fainted. I did get hit in the back of the head but I don't remember it being hard enough to knock me out. I was just so shocked that it was happening that I just kind of fell over while they went through all my stuff and thankfully left me laying there.

Some do have issues, one of those being that your average man can drag your average woman a block and a half just because he is very strong in relation to her. Probably also bigger. The more desirable a woman is "lighter" will probably even make it easier for him to abduct her. Even your tougher and trained gals are easily subdued by your average guy.

The issue is complex because all men know that we shouldn't abduct people (so new laws or more education is not going to be effective) but some men do not care. Women know that some men do not care but some women want to take their chances in a dark alley at night. This is alarming to society but what should we do?

Generally speaking people want want others to mind their own business, so we afford them that - even when we see an abduction.

I find it strange that you don't know why people don't like clickbait
Guy throws woman into car, what happens next will surprise you.

guy uses 1 secret trick to abducting women, police HATE him!

top ten abductions, you won't believe number 7

Reactions: sassafras
Guy throws woman into car, what happens next will surprise you.

guy uses 1 secret trick to abducting women, police HATE him!

top ten abductions, you won't believe number 7

Ha! Those totally are a thing arent they?

Some times you just don't believe shit is happening and you kind of shut down a little.

I remember when I was mugged once I basically fainted. I did get hit in the back of the head but I don't remember it being hard enough to knock me out. I was just so shocked that it was happening that I just kind of fell over while they went through all my stuff and thankfully left me laying there.
[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] sorry. Very sorry that happened.

My point in all of this is that knowing this is something possible, people who find themselves in a similar situation can do things now to make the outcome not defined. This woman for whatever reason laid down and died. Plan now, make changes now and live in the future.

My point in all of this is that knowing this is something possible, people who find themselves in a similar situation can do things now to make the outcome not defined. This woman for whatever reason laid down and died. Plan now, make changes now and live in the future.

I understand and I agree for the most part.

Women need to take proper precautions when walking out their door and onto a dark deserted street at night. The world we live in is dangerous, even more so for women (and children) for they are seen as vulnerable targets.

A woman of 22yrs should know better. Why wasn't she carrying some type of weapon on her person? Mace, a knife, anything.
No one knows but I bet it had everything to do with her feeling secure in her surroundings. She was in her own neighborhood.
It's a mistake to think that way but a common one. Close to home, close to safety.

Many people will argue that women shouldn't have to worry about being attacked every time they walk out the door, but this now seems to be an unfortunate reality. It doesn't take much to see what a troubling world we live in today and we all need to start planning accordingly for these dangers. And I don't think you are blaming her. I think you are frustrated at the lack of common sense people have when it comes to planning ahead, especially when it comes to personal safety.

Fortunately, they found her alive; situations as this don't usually end well. Hopefully, this will be a wake up call for her and for any woman who watched that video: Have a plan. Increase your chances of survival.

[MENTION=3799]bionic[/MENTION] had it right in the catcalling thread. Thumbs up.

I would've expected this thread to be more like the cat calling thread.

Cat calling?
Discrimination! Jerks! Misogynists!

Abduction?
*shrug*

Weird stuff...

Cat calling?

Abduction?
*shrug*

Weird stuff...

Yeah. This world is full of the attitude "It will never happen to me or it doesnt apply to me." So people like me going around trying to get people fo take notice or at least wake up are labeled many things. Sometimes chicken little.

Cat calling?

Abduction?
*shrug*

Weird stuff...

Some things don't need saying.

Briefly I am a little pissed of when I see or hear about this type of thing. This is more disturbing because the whole thing was caught on video. I profess not to have many feelings but seeing this type of thing saddens me and angers me. Its avoidable through use of intelligent planning. Defense courses or at a minimum respect for your life enough to want to use everything you have to fight for it.

I have never known anyone personally to have gone through something like that but I cant help but think of someones mother, sister..wife etc when I see it. There world isnt full of fuzzy bunnies. The world is full of crazy people that will kill you for ...anything.

Yeah so im more pissed off at the woman then the guy. The guy...no just torture him until he dies. Im fine with that. I would enjoy hearing news reports every now and then of the torture he went through that day. But the woman? Angry because it was sad and avoidable. Thats was her life she just so casually gave up and for what?

I thumbs up'ed the initial post because I thought you were commenting on how women are susceptible to danger and that's an issue however now it just sounds like victim blaming. The woman, from what I saw, did all she could do to keep her life. The asshole in the car who just reversed the hell out of there could have saved her life, that is the only person who could have saved her and he/she chose not to. Ask for the lack of fight you are so pissed about, what makes you think the guy didn't have a knife on her throat? You think anyone would run along side a man who didn't have a knife or at the least a choking grip on their throat? Have you ever been chocked before? To give you some I site on how well a persons brain works at the idea of lack of oxygen look up the study of people who had plastic bags out over their heads. Almost every single one of them tried to pull it off as opposed to make a hole for their mouth. This woman was fighting, she was also being over powered. This is not 'blame the victim' time, this is blame the by stander who did nothing, educate women who are still alive, educate bystanders who could save a life. She's not dead because of her, she's dead because of the action and inaction of those who were there.

WHATEVER. People consistently believe what they want.

Again. This is something that did NOT HAVE TO go down the way it did. The woman is not to blame for the fact it happened but she is to blame for losing her life once confronted with the situation.

If people here want to say this woman had no choice but to die because there is nothing she could have done to save her life, they of course are wrong.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]
Why do you guys keep saying "She's dead! She's dead!" when she's alive and well?