IMO women have some very very big issues | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

IMO women have some very very big issues

I'm confused about the premise of this thread and how its evolved....but i'd like to add some of my own confusion to it.

I really like this quote by Einstein:
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

I dont believe the world is a dangerous place teeming with baddies. And i do not believe in evil. The world is complex, and it is beautiful, spectacular...mostly run by bees, birds, earthworms, microrganisms, animals, trees, flowers, plankton, fish, and maggots. The part of the world we see depends greatly on context and focus and intention. I acknowledge that there are a lot of ignorant fuckwits out there, but i believe that the issue and responsibility to create a world that we want to live in lies with us, not those fuckwits.

Imagine the world you want to live in, and then make it happen. If you want more compassion and understanding, be more compassionate and understanding. If you want more forgiveness and peace, be more forgiving and peaceful. If you want more creativity and abundance, be more creative and grateful. If you want more trust and safety, be willing to trust, and willing to help.

On the other hand, if you want more violence and fear, be distrustful, paranoid, afraid, imagine and prepare yourself for the worst, carry a weapon, learn to kill someone. If you a prepared to kill someone, and are living in a society where everyone is prepared to kill someone...dont be surprised when people get killed. Theres nothing random about that...its bloody obvious. If you are prepared for the worst, then dont be surprised if the worst happens. There is no peace and safety in constant vigilence and defence.
Our fears have a better chance of manifesting than many of our desires, because it is often easier to focus on what we are afraid of, than what we would like to see. Many people are afraid to invest time and energy into imagining and building a better world, because it involves letting go of the known and familiar and taking a chance...being prepared to look naive and stupid....getting hurt....trusting...having our trust broken....having to face and push past our fears....trying and trying again...making mistakes....failing...regrouping and going again.....believing in ourself, and believing in others....placing higher value on our ideals than our fears....placing more value on a good life well lived, than a mediocre life survived in comfort...adapting....believing in our vision and what is possible despite our fears and current circumstances....it takes patience, stength, committment, compassion, kindness, courage and Great Love. Of course it can be easier to complain about how everyone is fucking up this world, and how to survive this pointless nightmare so that we can wake up to another day of pointless survival. Thats fair enough...even reasonable given the conditions the majority of the worlds population live in...but ultimately it is unhelpful and stagnant thinking based on fear and disempowerment.

And if 'women' have problems, that means 'men' have problems, which means 'people' have problems, because we are all people.... problems felt by half the population will obviously effect the whole population.

We cant have it both ways in regards to wanting to live in a safe and harmonious community but investing billions of dollars, energy, and resources in weapons, wars, the sickness industry, destroying and polluting the earth, wanting to shoot anyone that we think is threatening us, watching and enjoying violent books, movies, music, television, videogames, tuning into a constant stream of violence that is constantly being focused on and perpetuated in the media, and refusing to adequately provide for each member, including the very least fortunate, in our communities. If you want life, dont give people death, dont get yourself off on death.

Not everyone wants to learn self defence. Not everyone wants to harm someone. Not everyone is prepared to kill someone. I would rather be harmed or die than harm another or kill another. And if it came to it, obviously thats what i would do, die rather than kill. I know what I am and what life is. I know many people that also think this way. My life is equal in value to all others, not worth more or less. I'm not afraid to die, and im not afraid to live. I'm not prepared to live at someone else's expense, or give anyone death. I would choose a free life over and over, rather than survival and taking life from others. I would rather try harder to be what i believe in, than do something that i believe is 'wrong'. Having hurt people before, because of my lack of emotional control, i know that i never want to purposefully hurt anyone again. It feels like dying to harm someone, it eats away what is best and affirming about life. It makes you think that anyone could and would do it. It makes you feel afraid of yourself and other people. If there is a way to choose life over harm, i will find it, because it is important to me. I say no to a world where someone's death is what my life is worth

I've had many experiences in which ive found an easier way to avert violence than using violence. Honestly...compassion is the answer....recognise yourself in them, see that they are you, that they are God, connect in Love...dont be afraid, and give them a way out. I understand and respect that it is hard to do that, but it is also possible and it works. Many people, depending on where they live, what they think, what they do, who they interact with...will never have to deal with violence. Violence doesnt just happen. It happens for a reason. If there is violence in the community, it is the problem of the whole community. If people are afraid to help, that is a problem of the whole community. If we want to live in a better, safer, more free community, we have to make it happen by taking responsibility for it. The best way to achieve this is to be a good neighbour, and friend, and to see people as humans worthy of compassion and capable of brilliance, each person's lot in the community can effect our own. Characters like batman are self indulgent and stupid....dont be some guy wearing a bat mask with pointy ears and skin tight rubber, spending billions on a creepy hideout cave, speciality cars, dingaling weapons, training to kill, throwing fundraisers with the affluent to raise money for your dying city while you roll around in all your money and comfort thinking you are a hero because you give to charity and kill 'villians'. Be more like Spongebob...goofy goobers genuine love and kindness and helpfulness will triumph over planktons lemon scented plan z and save bikini bottom

Yes! Beautiful!

Reactions: Quiet
There is definitely a huge connection between rationalizing one's actions and crime, and this rationalization often comes from personal experiences that have led people to believe certain things or to excuse their behaviour because they have been victims of bad behaviour themselves. I believe the immediate environment and the personal experiences of an individual has more to do with people committing crimes than anything to do with the system. The system creates socio-economic conditions which can elevate the chance of crimes being committed but there are many people who come from poverty and difficult backgrounds who never commit a crime and many privileged people who commit crimes.

That's my point, and those lawful individuals are the majority, the criminals of all social classes are the minority, given that that's the case blaming the environment for crime is bunk.

Besides the question of why a woman was coerced without apparently fighting back and being prepared to do so there is the question of why any men, or women, in the vacinity didnt come to her aid or intervene.

The laws of chivalry definitely are not being applied.

That's my point, and those lawful individuals are the majority, the criminals of all social classes are the minority, given that that's the case blaming the environment for crime is bunk.

No its not bunk

I'll repeat what i've already said:

The guy strikes me as a psychopath

Psychopathy can be a hereditary condition or it can be created through brutalisation

Further to that exposure to heavy metals can apparently also increase psychopathy which is of course an environmental factor which will increase due to corporate polluting of our planet for example mercury exposure through fish or thimerosol (mercury derivative) in vaccines

We are basically talking about an abheration of the limbic system within the brain and this can be altered through exposure to trauma of various kinds

Last edited:
Besides the question of why a woman was coerced without apparently fighting back and being prepared to do so there is the question of why any men, or women, in the vacinity didnt come to her aid or intervene.

The laws of chivalry definitely are not being applied.

We are actually in agreement on this one

The reaction of the bystander was by the look of it very poor

As someone has already said could they have not taken the licence plate number or called the police if they were too afraid to physically intervene?

if i saw someone being abducted in the very least i wouldn't let the guilty party out of my sight until the situation was resolved

Having worked in the criminal justice system for years I guess I don't find it at all inconceivable that the woman froze.

Although I get to see upfront the reasons why a person gets on a such a path of becoming psycho, muchly it is simply that they wanted to do whatever it is because they wanted to, at any cost. That is a force in itself. Victims don't ask to be victims. Unless you count those people who volunteered to be eaten in that case a while back.

I guess evil is a hard topic to face but I have come to terms with it in my life time via meeting thousands of individuals who play with evil, often unintentionally at first or by exposure to it, usually during their formative years.

Anyhow someone mentioned the woman isn't dead. Is this true?

S'ok, I found the story. So glad she is ok x

Last edited:
The standard instinctual responses to danger are fight or flight, they are rooted deep in the oldest parts of the brain. Recently I attended a presentation at a psychotherapy society in which the speaker presented evidence that the "freeze" response is just as old and just as potent. She was relating it to a line of psychological disorders stemming from infant hood and resulting in things like anorexia.

This individual's reaction to danger may have been solidified at an earlier point in her development and may have nothing to do with her gender.

Having worked in the criminal justice system for years I guess I don't find it at all inconceivable that the woman froze.

Although I get to see upfront the reasons why a person gets on a such a path of becoming psycho, muchly it is simply that they wanted to do whatever it is because they wanted to, at any cost. That is a force in itself. Victims don't ask to be victims. Unless you count those people who volunteered to be eaten in that case a while back.

I guess evil is a hard topic to face but I have come to terms with it in my life time via meeting thousands of individuals who play with evil, often unintentionally at first or by exposure to it, usually during their formative years.

Anyhow someone mentioned the woman isn't dead. Is this true?

S'ok, I found the story. So glad she is ok x

As my posts indicate i am less interested in why a person would freeze when attacked and more interested in why a person would abduct another person

Prevention is always better than cure imo

So rather than say: people should defend themselves, i'd be more inclined to look at why people attack other people and try and prevent the situation in the first place

You mention that there is info about what happened after the attack...can you please provide it as i'd be interested to hear more

Last edited:
Psychopaths are predators

Nice one delta, a happy ending!

I am very happy to see the young lady is ok. Typically only the media and psychologists name people as psychopaths in my trade. The reality is too shocking for most to comprehend; he is just a man. Depraved but just another human with a story.

Seems he did cause malicious wounding alongside other injuries.

She will be in my heart as she heals. Bless her. My heart goes out to her, completely. Just glad she was rescued x

I am very happy to see the young lady is ok. Typically only the media and psychologists name people as psychopaths in my trade. The reality is too shocking for most to comprehend; he is just a man. Depraved but just another human with a story.

She will be in my heart as she heals. Bless her. My heart goes out to her, completely. Just glad she was rescued x

Psychopathy is on a spectrum

He might not be at the extreme end of the scale (he didn't cut her head off and take selfies next to it like the hong kong banker did) but he is clearly dangerously lacking in empathy which puts him pretty high up the scale

Psychopathy is on a spectrum

He might not be at the extreme end of the scale but he is seriously lacking in empathy

Probably never had any to begin with. I don't care about him. All that matters is he stays off the streets for good. The moment he stepped over the line he died to the world. Only reincarnation can help him. Seen it too many times to over think. It is what it is..

Probably never had any to begin with. I don't care about him. All that matters is he stays off the streets for good. The moment he stepped over the line he died to the world. Only reincarnation can help him. Seen it too many times to over think. It is what it is..

By some estimates psychopaths make up 1% of the population (then there are people who exhibit psychopathic traits....further down the spectrum)

That's a lot....and it has implications for us and our society

They tend to cluster in certain areas so for example you will find a higher concentration in politics or banking

By some estimates psychopaths make up 1% of the population (then there are people who exhibit psychopathic traits....further down the spectrum)

That's a lot....and it has implications for us and our society

They tend to cluster in certain areas so for example you will find a higher concentration in politics or banking

I think the reasons why people do things can unhinge them. This male clearly wanted sex. His history may include abuse or self abuse but he clearly has linked sex and pain. I think we glorify criminals by giving them fancy names.

Bankers usually have attended elite schools and simply know each other. They manipulate the system because they can. Not sure I can group them as psychopaths. Each is still an individual even though the group many have certain dominions. Anyhow, they will have kids. Usually having children can greatly influence how a person perceives and treats others.

I guess I follow that there are good souls everywhere. Some are born into wealth, some poverty and they are basically trying to find they're way home. Along the way, there are predators. Much the same as nature.

It is important to recognise who are the predators and who are the victims and help.

The standard instinctual responses to danger are fight or flight, they are rooted deep in the oldest parts of the brain. Recently I attended a presentation at a psychotherapy society in which the speaker presented evidence that the "freeze" response is just as old and just as potent. She was relating it to a line of psychological disorders stemming from infant hood and resulting in things like anorexia.

This individual's reaction to danger may have been solidified at an earlier point in her development and may have nothing to do with her gender.

I think its got more to do with attachment style, resilience and trauma.

Those are good points, the word psychopath is being banded about too much, there's a lot of crimes committed by people who wouldnt qualify for that label.

Keep using it that way and it'll become a pretty meaningless word or its meaning will change, like talking about "gentleman" to mean well mannered or "christian" to mean kindness.

A lot of the people talking about pscyhopaths are just using it to mean "bad guy" or "baddies".

I think the reasons why people do things can unhinge them. This male clearly wanted sex. His history may include abuse or self abuse but he clearly has linked sex and pain. I think we glorify criminals by giving them fancy names.

Bankers usually have attended elite schools and simply know each other. They manipulate the system because they can. Not sure I can group them as psychopaths. Each is still an individual even though the group many have certain dominions. Anyhow, they will have kids. Usually having children can greatly influence how a person perceives and treats others.

I guess I follow that there are good souls everywhere. Some are born into wealth, some poverty and they are basically trying to find they're way home. Along the way, there are predators. Much the same as nature.

It is important to recognise who are the predators and who are the victims and help.

Yeah, there's a difference between individual and social pathology, if you even consider there to be such a thing as social pathologies to begin with, or (individual) psychology and sociology in explaining patterns of behaviour.

Social character and how well people are adapted to it or conflicted about it, I think accounts for a lot of personal troubles, although individual psychological development of more fundamental sorts, like attachment styles, set the scene to begin with.

Psychopathy is a spectrum ranging from regular folks to full blown american psycho, chainsaw weilding berserkers

But when you really get into it it is about empathy

The more you can empathise with people the more you are likely to step back from harmful actions

This guy could not empathsie with his victims or else he would not beat and rape them; I don't know about his own life and what acts might have been done to him to rob him of empathy but i'm sugesting he is high up the scale

Many psychopaths are drawn towards banking. Not all bankers went to elite schools although there is an old school tie element for sure

For example if you look at Nick Leeson who broke bearings bank he was one of thatchers 'barrow boys' who were working class lads breaking into the world of business; he then went on to destroy Britains oldest bank

Not all bankers are psychopaths of course but there will be psychopaths drawn to finance for sure and there will also be people of varying degrees of the psychopathy scale

If you are interested in the subject there are books by criminal psychologists for example 'snakes in suits' that look at how psychopaths are drawn to corporations like banks

Different people are motivated by different things and can be affected by the culture around them

So for example you mentioned people form elite schools but they grow up in an environment which affects them; there are scandals in the Uk at the moment involving the rape of boys in independent schools by masters and other boys. This has been common place along with beatings and bullying and beastings and cold showers and early morning runs and all the rest

The british boarding school system was based on the spartan military school system involving physical hardship pairing with an older male (a 'prefect' who often used the younger boy for sex) and also the removal of the child from their home environment; when the lights go out in the dorms there is nothing stopping bullying from going on and my experience of some people form those kind of schools is that they are quite cunning as if they learned to survive in a paranoid environment. You can't be weak in that sort of environment or they chew you up and spit you out

In effect that kind of culture has a brutalising effect on people; added to that there is also a cultural programming of a sense of superiority as they are bred to be the 'leaders of tomorrow'

The top bankers in wallstreet are known colloquially as 'the masters of the universe'; does that sound like a humble bunch of people?

US journalist (possible INFJ) Chris Hedges speaks about his experience in an elite school in the US after winning a scholarship to go there, titled: 'the pathology of the rich'

[video=youtube;L6unS2JF8TA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6unS2JF8TA[/video]

I've always found it pretty easy to spot the predators

Those are good points, the word psychopath is being banded about too much, there's a lot of crimes committed by people who wouldnt qualify for that label.

Keep using it that way and it'll become a pretty meaningless word or its meaning will change, like talking about "gentleman" to mean well mannered or "christian" to mean kindness.

A lot of the people talking about pscyhopaths are just using it to mean "bad guy" or "baddies".

Absolutely! I am afraid this fixation with what is broken detracts from the more important broader picture. I have concluded that some cultures need the broken in order to flourish. Teams of 'experts' get financed based on this premise and I think it has influenced our perception of who is the victim and given predators celebrity status, which should not happen.

This perception didn't seem to exist when I was growing up.

I would agree this aspects extends to a variety of other terms also, which given two minutes analysis much is found lacking.

The higher truth remains that those who need help in dire circumstances beyond their control should without question be helped. I cannot advocate the pause which now seems so commonplace. Those who acted to help this lady acted without pause and in doing so are fully human in my mind.