I'm starting to believe I'm INFP too ... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

I'm starting to believe I'm INFP too ...

Aw, I love hugs. :]
This may sound really odd, but for some reason this whole thing is making me really excited. Like, you know- figuring out my type finally. I was confused, but now I feel like I really know. It's like I know myself better, or something.
Ehh, is it weird that this makes me uber happy?

I know

I'm having a "aha" moment at this very moment
Like all the puzzles are falling together

and the funny thing is
something in me is fighting against the idea of being a "dreamer"
I CAN"T be a dreamer!!!

Seriously complicated discussions like this one always get me thinking in the end: what if we are all just people and the whole mbti scheme is complete bs.
:m075:

To demonstrate that it's bs, we should restrict the system to, say, 6 types, give them to people in another form, and let them isolated, uninformed about mbti, to bs each other, until they truly believe all of them *are* one of these 6 types. People are just very good at labelling each other, anything, and believing the labels to the point of becoming them.

*bs = nonsense.

Last edited:
I have had my moments where I thought I was an INFP but I have come to realize that most of My INFP functions were overly estimated, and My Fe tended to be low because I misunderstood it. Now my functions have come more to balance. A lot of INFJ's tend to type different types because our personality is so complex and we have developed differently, before considering changing your type you might consider doing some deep research and analyzing yourself.

Last edited:
Seriously complicated discussions like this one always get me thinking in the end: what if we are all just people and the whole mbti scheme is complete bs.
:m075:

To demonstrate that it's bs, we should restrict the system to, say, 6 types, give them to people in another form, and let them isolated, uninformed about mbti, to bs each other, until they truly believe all of them *are* one of these 6 types. People are just very good at labelling each other, anything, and believing the labels to the point of becoming them.

we should take the enfp type away and make you pick another one...

i'm just kidding :D

You know, I find this rather interesting. It seems like nearly every INF has a border P/J score. To be honest, I am not really sure why this is. It could be due to the fact that since J is my clearest letter, it is hard for me to wrap my brain around. Intrinsicly all NF's tend to be rather midway between the two because they all make judgement calls in a very quiet, friendly, unseen way. This would supress the level of Jness. They also like conformation on what others around them are thinking or feeling, and usually know exactly what they want, this would supress Pness. ENFP's tend to have a decently clear P score, and ENFJ's tend to have a decently clear J score, but this is because the P/J determining factor is the most used function in those types. It's much more muttled in INFP's and INFJ's as it is a secondary factor.

In a way, it makes me think that is there possibly some kind of hybrid type between INFJ's and INFP's? It would explain alot, as so many seem to waffle between the two for various reasons. People on the fence really strike me as a third type, that I am actually rather different from. Again, cause of me having strong J tendencies. This also gets me thinking if I am truly an INFJ. I know that I am, that type fits me better then any other. Still, something about this whole P/J unsureness doesn't quite line up for me.

You know, I find this rather interesting. It seems like nearly every INF has a border P/J score. To be honest, I am not really sure why this is. It could be due to the fact that since J is my clearest letter, it is hard for me to wrap my brain around. Intrinsicly all NF's tend to be rather midway between the two because they all make judgement calls in a very quiet, friendly, unseen way. This would supress the level of Jness. They also like conformation on what others around them are thinking or feeling, and usually know exactly what they want, this would supress Pness. ENFP's tend to have a decently clear P score, and ENFJ's tend to have a decently clear J score, but this is because the P/J determining factor is the most used function in those types. It's much more muttled in INFP's and INFJ's as it is a secondary factor.

In a way, it makes me think that is there possibly some kind of hybrid type between INFJ's and INFP's? It would explain alot, as so many seem to waffle between the two for various reasons. People on the fence really strike me as a third type, that I am actually rather different from. Again, cause of me having strong J tendencies. This also gets me thinking if I am truly an INFJ. I know that I am, that type fits me better then any other. Still, something about this whole P/J unsureness doesn't quite line up for me.

This is very true Indigo, there does seem to be a big correlation between it, I guess you could call it a hybrid, and I don't doubt your an INFJ you seem to be a pretty mature, balanced one. I think it is possible that we are a ''hybrid'' just a lot more common than others to the point where we can be considered a type.

Can you please elaborate on this point?

It is how they approach it. INFP's are very passive with this initally. If they don't like something or don't want to do something, the respond: "well... I don't know... I/We could just do this... How about we do this instead?... That's nicer/better..." It is rather passive agressive because they don't want to upset others, but their internal values come first above all else. There is alot of uncertainty in the tone of voice (even though interally there isn't much uncertainty), and there are alot of pauses. The INFP doesn't want to send out any kind of signal at all that they are stepping on someone elses toes. They do this by being as passive as possible.When an INFP is crossed enough, they will become exacting, and for lack of a better word, merciless, and they will use you as much as possible.

INFJ's are also passive, but are not as passive. If they don't like something or don't want to do something, they respond: "I'm not so certain that will work out. You know, there is a better way to do it after all. Why don't we try this out, and see where it goes. If not, we can look into something else. How does that sound?". INFJ's will often leave a sort of "open ended" question at the end of it, to give the other person a sense and feeling that they have a voice and say in it. INFJ's know very much what they want, but they also take into concideration what other people want. As such, they will bend themselves around options to try to please everyone. They also do this in presentation of their ideas. They sound certain with things, speak clearly, and ask questions. There will be pauses as well, but these arent passive pauses like the INFP's, they are more "I'm thinking about this, how do I say it" pauses. If an INFJ is crossed enough, they will just have total disregard for everyone else, do exactly what they want, and if someone get's in the way, oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: bs98r3kjf
we should take the enfp type away and make you pick another one...
Heh, you are kidding, but I really mean that.

What if we just play the Stanford Prison Experiment with each other?

What if we AREN'T supposed to be any of these 16 types? After all, if it was so clear, why are people so confused / confusing all the time? Why do we try to fix it - maybe it just doesn't work, and that's all.

It's an irrelevant separation, like for example to try to divide people into "tall" and "short". --> meaning, it clearly has some basis in its extremes, but it's so vague factor, that even the division can't be made, and shouldn't be made.

It is how they approach it. INFP's are very passive with this initally. If they don't like something or don't want to do something, the respond: "well... I don't know... I/We could just do this... How about we do this instead?... That's nicer/better..." It is rather passive agressive because they don't want to upset others, but their internal values come first above all else. There is alot of uncertainty in the tone of voice (even though interally there isn't much uncertainty), and there are alot of pauses. The INFP doesn't want to send out any kind of signal at all that they are stepping on someone elses toes. They do this by being as passive as possible.When an INFP is crossed enough, they will become exacting, and for lack of a better word, merciless, and they will use you as much as possible.

INFJ's are also passive, but are not as passive. If they don't like something or don't want to do something, they respond: "I'm not so certain that will work out. You know, there is a better way to do it after all. Why don't we try this out, and see where it goes. If not, we can look into something else. How does that sound?". INFJ's will often leave a sort of "open ended" question at the end of it, to give the other person a sense and feeling that they have a voice and say in it. INFJ's know very much what they want, but they also take into concideration what other people want. As such, they will bend themselves around options to try to please everyone. They also do this in presentation of their ideas. They sound certain with things, speak clearly, and ask questions. There will be pauses as well, but these arent passive pauses like the INFP's, they are more "I'm thinking about this, how do I say it" pauses. If an INFJ is crossed enough, they will just have total disregard for everyone else, do exactly what they want, and if someone get's in the way, oh well.

an other prove of me being INFP. I can't say no even if my values are screaming at me. If i say no I blame myself for being stuborn, if I say yes I blame myself for violating my values... there is no good answer for those dilemma's

great post indigo!

The only place that typed me as heavy INFP was at http://www.mypersonality.info. Everywhere else was usually predominately INFJ.

I had a REALLY tough time when I was younger because I was completely overloaded with feelings and I supressed them for a LONG time. I almost joined the Air Force in 2004 because I knew I needed structure VERY badly. I had already been trying to add structure to my life since after I graduated. It is something that has become easier for me to do.

Now as I have been writing poetry on this site I have started really tapping into that feeling/intuitive part of me again it seems like I have been becoming more truthful with myself about who I am. Yet I hold strongly to the structure that I have developed, because without it I would not be successful in this world.

I was instantly comfortable on these forums, MUCH more comfortable than anywhere else, probably ever. I think that is why it was so easy for everyone to see my INFP'ish tendencies well before I had any clue.

haha so true, that one always types me differently

157107.png

You made alot of very good points in this post. Which, again, only further convinces me of my decision.

i don't know if i'm right about it though, i'm not always right about these things, i'm no expert, you might want to see what von hase thinks, he's like an expert with this stuff

Hm, I'm going to go ask him. Ha.

IS, this makes so much sense to me, the bold parts are so me. Excellent post, reps for you.

I know

I'm having a "aha" moment at this very moment
Like all the puzzles are falling together

and the funny thing is
something in me is fighting against the idea of being a "dreamer"
I CAN"T be a dreamer!!!

What's so bad about being a dreamer?
I'm a reckless one. Haha.

Heh, you are kidding, but I really mean that.

What if we just play the Stanford Prison Experiment with each other?

What if we AREN'T supposed to be any of these 16 types? After all, if it was so clear, why are people so confused / confusing all the time? Why do we try to fix it - maybe it just doesn't work, and that's all.

It's an irrelevant separation, like for example to try to divide people into "tall" and "short". --> meaning, it clearly has some basis in its extremes, but it's so vague factor, that even the division can't be made, and shouldn't be made.

yeah i agree with you actually, but that doesn't change that fact that we do in fact fit in with one type more than another, if infj didn't exist, i'm sure i'd probably be pushed into believing that i'm enfj, or maybe even infp, and then maybe start becoming that type, possibly. i do see the extremes that you're talking about and if we're not careful, it can really get to us and sort of push us in a certain direction.

This is the first time this test was reliable.

I haven't take this test in a long time, it has changed around though now (it used to be pretty inaccurate), I find these results to be pretty spot on for me:

181804.png

I haven't take this test in a long time, it has changed around though now (it used to be pretty inaccurate), I find these results to be pretty spot on for me:

181804.png

I don't find mines to be very accurate though..I always have a lot of trouble with the ones that do not break the cognitive functions since my J/P and T/F are very borderline by those tests,

There are some tests that just don't work out right for you. I forget which one (I would have to look back at it), but one of the cognitive function tests almost always overestimates my Ne, and says it is more used then it is.

yeah i agree with you actually, but that doesn't change that fact that we do in fact fit in with one type more than another, if infj didn't exist, i'm sure i'd probably be pushed into believing that i'm enfj, or maybe even infp, and then maybe start becoming that type, possibly. i do see the extremes that you're talking about and if we're not careful, it can really get to us and sort of push us in a certain direction.
I mean, the presumption is that typing works; that it makes sense to put people into groups. Maybe it doesn't really make sense to do that universally. Some people are alike in some things, others in other things; the reasons why some people score high on some cognitive functions are different from the reasons of other people to score high on the same cognitive functions etc.