I'm starting to believe I'm INFP too ... | INFJ Forum

I'm starting to believe I'm INFP too ...

Morgain

defective wisdom
Donor
Aug 20, 2009
MBTI
INFJ again
Enneagram
4w5
don't expel me right away :D and I don't want to bother you with yet an other self centered tread :D

When I typed myself INFJ I loved it very much but there was only one thing that bothered me and that is that I don't believe my intuition is very strong, not my strongest tread, I would say feeling is. I don't know, maybe I don't have a good impression on what intuition realy is. I can't say that I just know something, it is more that I feel something. I don't have ideas, I have feelings about ideas. I don't see the path, I see a world of possibilities and connections, I can see the connection between phylosophy and science, I can make my values work in a lot of different areas. I feel what is right or wrong. I analyse everything in my life on how it feels for me. Does it feel good or not? Does it feel like the good thing for me to do or not. I feel so much and so deep, I'm feeling all the time. I don't know, is that Ni or Fi?

I have been reading this article about INFP (see link) and it fits me perfectly. I'm idealistic and perfectionistic, self critical and always try (tried) to please other people: my parents, my teachers, my coworkers, my friends.

But in general, INFPs tend to be easygoing and congenial. They would prefer to "fit in" harmoniously rather than to create waves--as long as they can do so without violating their ideals. Yet when others do trample on INFPs' codes, INFPs can become very demanding and extremely aggressive, often to the surprise of both themselves and others.
This is so true! from one moment to the other I can be very rigid, so rigid that people's head will spin! And because I have been in the impression a long time that the world always violates my ideals, I always am a little bit rigid. Maybe that is why I tested INFJ. But since I'm on this forum, I'm changing. I'm relaxing, are more easygoing, floating with the flow. And finely this block inside of me is melting. I can relax more, don't have to be alert for someone to step on my values. I'm feeling more at home with myself and my test results are pointing more at INFP.

I also thought I was very stricked in appointments so that made me a judging type. But I'm not so sure about that any more. My house is a mess, I have a lot of to do lists but don't feel like doing them (unless I really really have to). I make schedules but never keep to it. But when someone is visiting me or at work, everything is very neat, perfectionsticly neat.
But to other people I am rigid in appointments. Maybe that hase more to do with my values than with judging. When someone changes an appointment in the last minute, they step on my values and I become very rigid. Or when they asks me to do something in the last minute, I feel obligated to help them even if I don't want to and that gives me a big deal of stress.

The daughter of an engineer may pursue that career to please her father--and find it academically very attainable and challenging--although as an NFP, she may find the work of engineering foreign, even hostile, turf.
this is me :shocked: did this guy know me???

I feel like the real me is more dreamy, accepting, with very strong values and feelings, going with the flow. And that I changed that to survive in this world

http://www.murraystate.edu/secsv/fye/INFP.htm

here are some quotes that definatly work for me:

When INFPs are trying to decide on their type, they tend to start confident (even if they are wrong) but begin to wonder if their type is correct, and get more and more confused by all the possibilities that keep expanding. They feel surrounded by correct answers that don't agree. They also try on the other types to see if they like the feel of them, moving from one 'what if' to the next, often going back and forth from their favorites. INFJ looks the best on them because it is the rarest and most unique, and INFPs very much want to feel unique. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in their size, so they keep looking, and trying it on, to see if they can accept the poor fit if it will allow them to wear something so cool. In this case, Ne and Fi are working their magic by playing off of each other indefinitely. Ne keeps coming up with possibilities while Fi wants to feel unique and admirable.
Example of Fi Ne: "I will only tolerate those who tolerate me because only those who can tolerate me are worthy of my tolerance."
Example of Ne: "Things are as they are."
Example of Fi: "How will the thinking of others affect me
Or i could just leave it with that and say "I just feel that I'm INFP" :becky:

some thoughts on that???

Last edited:
Reactions: NeverAmI
You guys are all INFP wannabe's! LOL

When INFPs are trying to decide on their type, they tend to start confident (even if they are wrong) but begin to wonder if their type is correct, and get more and more confused by all the possibilities that keep expanding. They feel surrounded by correct answers that don't agree. They also try on the other types to see if they like the feel of them, moving from one 'what if' to the next, often going back and forth from their favorites. INFJ looks the best on them because it is the rarest and most unique, and INFPs very much want to feel unique. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in their size, so they keep looking, and trying it on, to see if they can accept the poor fit if it will allow them to wear something so cool. In this case, Ne and Fi are working their magic by playing off of each other indefinitely. Ne keeps coming up with possibilities while Fi wants to feel unique and admirable.

Err, where is that from, VH??

That has got to be the eeriest thing I have ever read...

I think I'm INFP, too.
Because I keep scoring pretty evenly with J and P.
But INFP just seems to fit better, even more so now that I've read this post.

INFPs are more aloof, INFJs are more passionate.

The two types have completely the opposite set of main 4 cognitive functions. (not the opposite order, only as set)

Last edited:
eerie = scary/strange

I say it because it is EXACTLY the process that I followed.

That's what actually made me think I may be. When I first got the result of INFP, I didn't want to be because I scored INFJ first and it is so rare. Haha.

eerie = scary/strange

I say it because it is EXACTLY the process that I followed.

haha, me too!

he is pritty good isn't he

this is the INFJ way:

When INFJs are trying to decide on their type, they tend to start out with a type that just doesn't seem right for some reason, and begin to research the reason why. Feeling overwhelmed by all the details, they slowly rule out any possibilities one by one, until they're down to the last few difficult distinctions. At this point, INFJs are likely to realize that there is no type that completely defines them, and that the MBTI is far too archetypal to be accurate, rather than trying on other types because their Ni has ruled out so many possibilities. Then, INFJs tend to have an 'aha' moment while not thinking about any of this stuff where they realize what it means and how INFJ is the best description of the 16 types. Once this happens, they seldom look back. Ni and Fe reach a spontaneous concordance. Ni honed in on the answer, and Fe accepted it as part of how things are and should be.

Morgan you seem like an INFJ/INFP hybrid

Reckless Dreamer, you've always struck me as INFP, from day 1, but i'm not sure why...

Me too.

Morgan you seem like an INFJ/INFP hybrid

Reckless Dreamer, you've always struck me as INFP, from day 1, but i'm not sure why...

Really? That's interesting. I can't type people well. :/
Hm, I think I'm going to go change what it says for my MBTI.
Yay for realization! LOL

Reactions: bs98r3kjf
The only place that typed me as heavy INFP was at http://www.mypersonality.info. Everywhere else was usually predominately INFJ.

I had a REALLY tough time when I was younger because I was completely overloaded with feelings and I supressed them for a LONG time. I almost joined the Air Force in 2004 because I knew I needed structure VERY badly. I had already been trying to add structure to my life since after I graduated. It is something that has become easier for me to do.

Now as I have been writing poetry on this site I have started really tapping into that feeling/intuitive part of me again it seems like I have been becoming more truthful with myself about who I am. Yet I hold strongly to the structure that I have developed, because without it I would not be successful in this world.

I was instantly comfortable on these forums, MUCH more comfortable than anywhere else, probably ever. I think that is why it was so easy for everyone to see my INFP'ish tendencies well before I had any clue.

Last edited:
hybride? now that is unique lol

an other great quote:

merrytrees said:
I am what could be called a "hippie" but not unproductive. I couldn't be unproductive working two jobs, attending school full-time and supporting myself financially. INFPs may be very open and not interested in "book ending" things because they like to keep their options open instead of saying: "This is the way I have decided it is, this is the way it should be."

The P just means we are more open to new information and have an easier time adapting, not that we are wishy-washy.

Yay for realization! LOL

i don't know if i'm right about it though, i'm not always right about these things, i'm no expert, you might want to see what von hase thinks, he's like an expert with this stuff

Yay for realization! LOL

Congratulations!

:hug:

The only place that placed me as heavy INFP was at http://www.mypersonality.info. Everywhere else was usually predominately INFJ.

I had a REALLY tough time when I was younger because I was completely overloaded with feelings and I supressed them for a LONG time. I almost joined the Air Force in 2004 because I knew I needed structure VERY badly. I had already been trying to add structure to my life since after I graduated. It is something that has become easier for me to do.

Now as I have been writing poetry on this site I have started really tapping into that feeling/intuitive part of me again it seems like I have been becoming more truthful with myself about who I am. Yet I hold strongly to the structure that I have developed, because without it I would not be successful in this world.

I was instantly comfortable on these forums, MUCH more comfortable than anywhere else, probably ever. I think maybe that is why it was so easy for everyone to see my INFP'ish tendencies well before I had any clue.

yes that is recognizable!

I always thought that I'm great at structuring but now it seems more like I needed to learn that to survive. And now I think on that, organizing asks a really great effort of me. It is like I need to build walls around my flow of feelings to get a bit organized and get thinks done. And I'm living with these for so long that I didn't even notice them any more, apart from the strange knot in my chest (which has almost disappeared). I also felt that I need to "keep thinks together" otherwise something would happen to me. I think it also has something to do with this. Without the walls I'm barrely on this planet... :shocked:

It's almost like a right of passage for an INFJ to think that they're an INFP for a while. Believe it or not, even I put this into serious question a while back, and look at how high my J score is, ha.

From what you are describing about yourself (and refrencing test results), I would then say you are an INFP. In the end though, you are your own best judge. It will take some time to sort it out though. The differences between INFJ and INFP are very very subtle, despite how different the types are on the internal level. Both type are very stubborn, but do so in very different ways.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

:hug:

Aw, I love hugs. :]
This may sound really odd, but for some reason this whole thing is making me really excited. Like, you know- figuring out my type finally. I was confused, but now I feel like I really know. It's like I know myself better, or something.
Ehh, is it weird that this makes me uber happy?