I'm curious, do you have the same twisted senses of humor as INTJs? | INFJ Forum

I'm curious, do you have the same twisted senses of humor as INTJs?

Sesquipedalian

Community Member
Feb 9, 2009
MBTI
INTJ
I've seen a lot of INFJs parallel themselves with INTJs in the various threads I've read and I'm curious... INTJs can have a very macabre, unorthodox, even offensive sense of humor. Our types are so similar. I'm curious as to what you find most funny. Generally I have to carefully regulate my sense of humor around Fs because they'll take something that is hilarious in my zany mental world (punching a baby) and attribute it to something literal (child abuse - NOT FUNNY). What cracks you up? YouTube videos are accepted as answers :p

Last edited:
I think its also interesting to observe that INTJ's, on a regular basis, use their knowledge of their language of choice to its fullest extent in order to convey multiple meanings in a simple statement. This seems to be a favorite pastime for many an INTJ

Reactions: hn&#Gu and corvidae
Nothing wrong with an eclectic sense of humor. I don't consider my sense of humor twisted though, more like an aquired taste. I don't mind if I am the only one laughing....

I like how ONLY INTJs have posted in this thread for INFJs.

I share the twisted humor, I also connected with
I think its also interesting to observe that INTJ's, on a regular basis, use their knowledge of their language of choice to its fullest extent in order to convey multiple meanings in a simple statement.
I've done this and have seen other INFJ's do this as well.
That humor I have used to break tension or untangle a conversation others were engaged in that clearly they were missing. Unexpected humor can diffuse and bring understanding in those areas...when it is dark and edgy, it snaps people out of their rut.

bored.gif

I find this hilarious.

Also I tend to find sarcastic dry humor the most funny. Also really bad unintentional puns.

I guess sometimes my sense of humor can be dark, but it really kind of goes all over the place.

Bill Hicks is a great example of what I find hilarious. Quite a bit of swearing in this, I guess I should warn those who don't want to hear it. I have a feeling most of the people here know and love Bill Hicks anyway. I don't know how you couldn't.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo"]YouTube - Bill Hicks on Marketing[/ame]

Reactions: toska
My sense of humor is pretty broad. It's dry, it's sarcastic, it's a little dark...and it could be anything. :D

Some of my favorites include Monty Python, some Will Farrell movies, Arthur (the movie), Mel Brooks' movies, Groundhog Day, Meet the Parents, Arsenic & Old Lace, Zoolander, Rushmore, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world, Ghostbusters, Being There, Cat Ballou, Night at the Opera, What's Up Doc, Foul Play, Danny Kaye movies, Dr. Strangelove... and so many more.

Does that give you a clue--?

It's A LOT! :m159:

A few things that have made me laugh:

history-facebook-updates.jpg

tumblr_l2mn05bdai1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Oh those were HILARIOUS. I loved the Facebook status updates "John Wilkes Booth likes this"

:m146:
I am cracking up over here from those too, especially that one...ahahaha...perfect.

bored.gif

I find this hilarious.

Also I tend to find sarcastic dry humor the most funny. Also really bad unintentional puns.

I guess sometimes my sense of humor can be dark, but it really kind of goes all over the place.

hah@! I love BAD PUNS! I don't know why... They're hilarious to me! and dry/witty humor by far is my absolute favorite.

However I despise slapstick... and fart jokes. God I hate them...

ANYONE HERE LOVE ARCHER!?!?!

archer.jpg

By far my favorite show, it's got everything my kind of humor is. It does have its share of sex jokes, so beware. But dear God it cracks me up!

I wiill never look at the words "YUP!" or "SPLUUUUUUGE!" again. I kid you not.

----------

Side note, but still related... Why do INFJs in particular either HATE sarcasm or LOVE it? I personally LOVE sarcasm, while one or two INFJS I know can't stand it...

Reactions: Jill Hives
However I despise slapstick... and fart jokes. God I hate them...

I do too for the most part.

Movies like "Meet the Parents" make my skin crawl. I CAN'T STAND IT!!! It isn't so much that it annoys me, it is just painful to watch... I'm always thinking "oh man that would suck so hard" instead of laughing at their constant misfortunes.

I think its also interesting to observe that INTJ's, on a regular basis, use their knowledge of their language of choice to its fullest extent in order to convey multiple meanings in a simple statement. This seems to be a favorite pastime for many an INTJ

Hahaha. That is so true.

I'm not sure about the sense of humor part; I get my sick sense of humor from my Dad, hmm maybe he's an INTJ, never thought about it.

Then you have someone who is Ne dominant and they can do that all on the spot without thinking. Ne-dominants are some of the most gifted punsters of the MBTI.

I acknowledge that INTJ's enjoy a more complex wit, yes, but their best wordplay chiefly comes out in their writing.

And yeah, I always wondered a little about the morbidity. I don't mind a bit of dark comedy here and there but... yeah, it's not stuff you talk about at a cocktail party.

Last edited:
I think the INTJ humour is my favourite.

my SOH can be very black. it has to have some kind of thought behind it though, home video violence doesn't amuse me. the other night i watched ice age 3, in one of the transition scenes these three smiling dinosaurs with googly unfocused eyes peck vacantly at some kind of empty fruit shell and burp then run off, the rest of the movie more or less bored me but i laughed at that for an hour.