I'm an ENFJ (again) | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

I'm an ENFJ (again)

This proves it! (or at least furthers the ENFJ case)

My dad was in the army and is ENFJ.

My girlfriend was an INFP and she stabbed me with a fork on my head. o_O

By the way VH, I personally do not think you're an INFP but this discussion is interesting nevertheless lol

Last edited:
My girlfriend was an INFP and she stabbed me with a fork on my head. o_O

Did your girlfriend make it through the most competitive elite forces program on planet Earth and serve 6 years in combat missions because it was the right thing to do?

There is a difference between J and P.

Edit: Wow, I just had one of those Fe > Ni moments... I'd normally edit this away, but I'm going to leave it to exemplify how my Fe will flare up and take over and blast out before my Ni has a chance to consider it.

Last edited:
We need to make a section on the forums for ENFJ-related threads. I bet there are more ENFJs here, they just don't know it yet.

*is ready to recruit more ENFJs*

It was posed, there is no magazine in the rifle :p ENFJs LOVE to take pictures and pose. TBH I dont even know what kind of gun that is, but it looks a little like my AR15 bushmaster, but it seems to be missing its magazine and the scope is covered hehe.

Did your girlfriend make it through the most competitive elite forces program on planet Earth and serve 6 years in combat missions because it was the right thing to do?

There is a difference between J and P.

If I was actually claiming that you were in fact an INFP, I would say that an INFP who has a clear feeling that what they're doing is the right thing to do, they would do it, even enlisting themselves in such combative programs.

I threw the INFP option out there because you said that you prefer feelings over intution. The only two types that would do that are either the ENFJ(Fe+Ni) and INFP(FI+Ne).

It's an M4. Another M16 carbine - much like the AR15. The scope is old school night vision from back when it was all green and ruined your natural night vision if you stared at it too long. Live weapons on deck will get you in a lot of trouble unless you're supposed to be hot.

Last edited:
If I was actually claiming that you were in fact an INFP, I would say that an INFP who has a clear feeling that what they're doing is the right thing to do, they would do it, even enlisting themselves in such combative programs.

An INFP will not make it through the Force Recon training program. Sorry, that's just not going to happen. It's too intense, ultra competitive, and requires aggressive and assertive talents and aptitudes that INFPs just don't have. Sure, an INFP could make it in the military, even in the Marines. And sure, an INFP is capable of handling moments of combat, but there is a huge difference between standard military service and consistently exhibiting the traits that get you nominated until you reach the top echelon of programs... when you are surrounded by a horde of other Marines willing to eat you for a chance at any of these programs. You have to outperform, outperform, and outperform all the while everyone and everything is demanding you quit with everything they have. INFPs don't have this kind of intensity or stamina.

Last edited:
An INFP will not make it through the Force Recon training program. Sorry, that's just not going to happen. It's too intense, ultra competitive, and requires aggressive and assertive talents and aptitudes that INFPs just don't have. Sure, an INFP could make it in the military, even in the Marines. And sure, an INFP is capable of moments of combat, but there is a huge difference between standard military service and consistently exhibiting the traits that get you nominated until you reach the top echelon of programs... when you are surrounded by a horde of other Marines willing to eat you for a chance at any of these programs. You have to outperform, outperform, and outperform all the while everyone and everything is demanding you quit with everything they have. INFPs don't have this kind of intensity or stamina.

I would dare to say that not many introverted intuitive types(INXX's) have that stamina.

I would dare to say that not many introverted intuitive types(INXX's) have that stamina.

You are very likely right. The only INXX type that might have made it was an INTJ, though he might have just been a quiet ENTJ. As best as I can tell ENTJs and ESTPs were the most common. I was always the 'translator' between them when they couldn't see eye to eye. Yeah, I'm an ENFJ. There's no doubt about it. Funny place to find the answer. Primary and tertiary Se seem to be the key here.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndigoSensor
I call BS, I think anyone with the right mind set can do it. Limiting people based on MBTI is utterly retarded.

An INXX is a powerhouse of internal fortitude, we dont require praise or attention like E's do.

I call BS, I think anyone with the right mind set can do it. Limiting people based on MBTI is utterly retarded.

I would've probably sympathized with your response if you hadn't said this:

An INXX is a powerhouse of internal fortitude, we dont require praise or attention like E's do.

...which is totally ironic given the fact that you just limited extroverts for their lack of "internal fortitude".

I would've probably sympathized with your response if you hadn't said this:

...which is totally ironic given the fact that you just limited extroverts for their lack of "internal fortitude".

But where would the fun in that be?:m075:

There is no seperate function or process for E and I and I wouldn't consider extro/introversion
as a trait that defines you, rather your traits define it. There is hundreds of traits and
nuances in behavior, learned or inborn, that as a whole compose your personal cocktail of asserting
and withdrawing. I like to think E <-> I axis as endless continuum. You can be at any point, even
straight in the middle. I also think that people naturally switch side according to life situation,
still one of them being more familiar and enjoyable. Why I'm saying this is because I'm on the
border as well. I connect people in an intense way and assert myself all the time, I'm
quiet only when I'm very relaxed, know that everyone is enjoying and don't feel the responsibility
to take care of the emotional atmosphere. I guess this is ENFJ trait.

My enneagram type is 9w8 sx/so. It's interesting that while my dominant type is withdrawn, rest
of the traits are assertive ones. Most of the 9 descriptions doesn't describe me so well, but
the basic idea of 9 being easygoing and agreeable and the fear of separation and loss is quite
accurate. Although I love people and get most of my energy from them it's only one-on-one or group
of 3-5 that works for me, extensive focus on big groups sucks the life out of me. I can generally
define myself as an introvert because I feel so cozy and fulfilled when I have some time for myself,
on the other hand if I'm alone for too long it get's very depressing.

ENFJ are masters of small groups but so are INFJ's as far as I can tell. When introverts are with
the people they are familiar with they often act like their extroverted counterparts (INFJ's even
more se due to Fe aux.). I know about dozen ENFJ's whose type I'm sure of. While it's true
that they tend to orient themselves towards smaller groups like INFJ's they usually know and keep in
touch with generally much more people than INFJ's. They remind INFJ's in so many ways that the
mutual understanding can be creapy. Many ENFJ's also have this mystical and introverted aspect,
but it's rarely fully reached. However I've noticed that while they can be very understanding the
main difference is their J'ness and emotional influence. They aren't usually manipulative but can
be strict and offenced if people act against their values.

It's like I've developed my Fe to a point where I have fairly good access to it on any given
situation. Just often choose to not use it, and take a moment of vacation from the external world.
Sometimes I'm so deep in my Ni that if I suddenly have to pay attention to my surroundings it
takes awhile to clear my mind and communicate clearly. My tertiary and inferior functions are also
kinda shifty. Se is generally the most vulnerable function, but I can do a lot of Se stuff and I'm fairly
good at it, it also partly plays tertiary function role. It's often used as quick recharge and relieve.
For instance throw a ball, draw, play an instrument, loosen up at a consert etc. I'm kinesthetic, moving
and doing in almost any form energizes me. On the other hand meditation, introverting and letting my
Ti work on something does the same thing. (learning about MBTI has been a good workout for Ti) It
feels like I'm tasting a bit of both worlds, but either on extreme form.

I'm somehow fluctuating alot between these two directions in micro and in macro scale. I have
usually a lot of energy and I want to pour it on others, but at times I feel completely empty.
I experience the same thing in macro scale. I have often few moths of generally being more
social and directing a lot of my energy outward. After this I gladly welcome the period of silent
reflection and prefer keeping the energy inside me. I listen a lot of music, read books, analyze,
meditate and surf around the internet reading some more.

So I wouldn't consider myself as an ENFJ yet if I was you ;) it's more complicated than that.

Last edited:
There have been times where as a teen and adult I was able to totally shut off my Fe, and skip straight to Ti. I'm not sure an ENFJ can do that, so think about if you can, VH. I also can withdraw for years if I just stop caring about interaction.