I'm an ENFJ (again) | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I'm an ENFJ (again)

I always thought it was weird the way you guys kept harping on the people not being Fe enough, I have Fe, but its not so pronounced like it is for an ENFJ who is unable to separate them self from it most of the time. I can switch off when I need to and go into my happy place, I spend most of my time analyzing random crap in my head, from every conceivable angle. I live in Ni, is it feasible to say you live in Fe? Because I go from analyzing to feeling, not the other way around. Would you say you go from Feeling to analyzing? It might explain the disconnect I see in most introverted NFJs, they feel, they love, they connect they bond, buuuuuuuttttt....they don't have to if they dont want to, its easy enough to ignore or switch off. I doubt an ENFJ could do that as easily, considering the direction their energy goes. outward.

In my life I have met MAYBE 2 or 3 INFJs total I have met quite a few ENFJs which I believe are much more abundant.

I always thought it was weird the way you guys kept harping on the people not being Fe enough, I have Fe, but its not so pronounced like it is for an ENFJ who is unable to separate them self from it most of the time. I can switch off when I need to and go into my happy place, I spend most of my time analyzing random crap in my head, from every conceivable angle. I live in Ni, is it feasible to say you live in Fe? Because I go from analyzing to feeling, not the other way around. Would you say you go from Feeling to analyzing? It might explain the disconnect I see in most introverted NFJs, they feel, they love, they connect they bond, buuuuuuuttttt....they don't have to if they dont want to, its easy enough to ignore or switch off. I doubt an ENFJ could do that as easily, considering the direction their energy goes. outward.

I have a hard time turning either one off really. They both work together for me. However, I am very prone to an emotional reaction, more so than the the INFJs I know. It's like they have to ponder it for a moment before they can have an emotion. That's not me.

In my life I have met MAYBE 2 or 3 INFJs total I have met quite a few ENFJs which I believe are much more abundant.

According to all statitstics, ENFJs are twice as common as INFJs. Like if a place rates INFJs as 1.5%, they'll almost always rate ENFJs as 3%. Also, keep in mind that ENFJs are more likely to be out and about, which is going to make them seem even more common.

I think an interesting exercise would be to think which function you could not survive without: Ni or Fe?

Or in other words, are you more interested in ideas or people?

I have a hard time turning either one off really. They both work together for me. However, I am very prone to an emotional reaction, more so than the the INFJs I know. It's like they have to ponder it for a moment before they can have an emotion. That's not me.

According to all statitstics, ENFJs are twice as common as INFJs. Like if a place rates INFJs as 1.5%, they'll almost always rate ENFJs as 3%. Also, keep in mind that ENFJs are more likely to be out and about, which is going to make them seem even more common.

Oh yeah, that second of numbness while I ponder the ramifications of the crap in front of me before I can feel it, totally. I am pretty stoic, I dont emote much of anything, but I do feel, just dont see much reason to let others know what I am feeling most of the time.

I think an interesting exercise would be to think which function you could not survive without: Ni or Fe?

Heh, I always thought my Fe was messed up because I am more interested in picking things apart and figuring them out to thier core, overthinking it really, but it revolves more around people more often then not people.

I think many INFJs are in love with the idea of people and tend to be sorely disappointed the rest of the time as people tend to live down to our realistic expectations time and time again, even though we refuse to let go of our ideal version of what we think things are supposed to be like. I think thats why INFJs are prone to sadness often.

Maybe you have to find a benchmark, and decide who fits the "ideal"...and then adjust your model based on the ENFJ idea. Because I tell you what, INFJs are definitely introverts. If we *have* to be extroverts we are, but we can't do it even in small groups of people for very long. And emotionally, INFJs have to analyze their feelings, especially if it's something really outside the norm. I can't tell you how many times I've had to wait and think things over before reacting emotionally because an incident was so alien to me.

Tried that. Didn't work. I'm equally invested in each, as is anyone who's got a well developed primary and auxiliary function. My usage scores are almost always tied as well.

However, Jungian personality type is based on preferences and as Indigo and several others have pointed out, I reflexively feel first, and intuit second. My intuitions are usually designed to back up what I feel, and if the two disagree... intuition says one thing, feelings say another... I usually go with my feelings. However, I've been using these two in tandem so long that doesn't happen much, unless I strongly feel something should be a certain way, at which point that can really and I mean REALLY blind my Ni.

Tried that. Didn't work. I'm equally invested in each, as is anyone who's got a well developed primary and auxiliary function. My usage scores are almost always tied as well.

However, Jungian personality type is based on preferences and as Indigo and several others have pointed out, I reflexively feel first, and intuit second. My intuitions are usually designed to back up what I feel, and if the two disagree... intuition says one thing, feelings say another... I usually go with my feelings. However, I've been using these two in tandem so long that doesn't happen much, unless I strongly feel something should be a certain way, at which point that can really and I mean REALLY blind my Ni.

Exactly. And although it doesn't happen often when it happens, I see it. I think we all do. Lol! That's probably the answer to your question, too - your Fe edges out your Ni, just enough, to make your emotional reactions really different from your INFJ counters.

Exactly. And although it doesn't happen often when it happens, I see it. I think we all do. Lol! That's probably the answer to your question, too - your Fe edges out your Ni, just enough, to make your emotional reactions really different from your INFJ counters.

Bingo, I weigh my feelings for the people around me and my loved ones heavily on my concious when I think about thinks, how would this effect Mom, Dad, my GF, etc... but ultimately those are more like guides along with my logical core which wants things to work and run smoothly and be genuine. But I usually go with my intuition over my feelings, my feelings have led me astray a number of times, but my gut rarely does. But its not so divorced from my feelings that they never have a deciding edge, some things I dont need to intuit. Things I know for sure, like if someone asked me to sacrifice for my nieces or my mother or my brother, it would be an instant feeling based decision because those things I KNOW already mean more to me then my own personal safety or health even. I dont need to think about them.

Also, this would be much more consistent with my inclinations toward Enneagram type 2, 1, and especially 8.

Ever consider that 1w2 and 8w9 may simply be part of your tri-types?

Ever consider that 1w2 and 8w9 may simply be part of your tri-types?

Yeah, but according to the tri-types theory, it would have to be 2w1. (Head 5, 6, 7) (Gut 8, 9, 1) (Heart 2, 3, 4). I don't know what I'd pick for my 'head' group.

Oddly, I got these results on my first Enneagram test...

8w9/2w1 sx

type score type behavior motivation
2 19 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
8 19 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
1 18 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
9 18 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
6 12 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
3 11 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
7 8 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
4 7 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
5 7 I must be knowledgeable and independent to be happy.

Your main type is Type 8. Your variant is sexual.

If your preferences are feelings over intuition, then you only really have two options, either ENFJ or INFP.

Last edited:
Don't give him ideas. VH is so far from INFP it can't possibly be considered.

Probably, so that boils it down to only one choice then *drums roll* ENFJ.

Thread closed. :D