If you could be another nationality . . . | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

If you could be another nationality . . .

North American First Nations Indigenous.

I have grown up surrounded by their awesome culture and beauty, and have resonated with it despite my being Italian. I have bonded with their ways more so than of the ways of my own ethnic culture.

Japanese.

Again, a beautiful culture.

Having been around longer than most here, I can't imagine being anything but what I am. But, I've traveled a lot and it has been important in broadening my outlook. I have found that people are happy and live productive, fulfilling lives in many countries and this realization has destroyed any sense of national chauvinism I might have had. The world is a big place and there are many good ways to live. No nation has a monopoly on what is "best." The concept of national "exceptionalism" is naive at best and the product of uninformed thinking of the un-traveled.

African American.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
I would not mind being Italian, as they seem to be happy-go-lucky people.

American Indian might be good. Then I can smoke a lot of pot and gamble. Also I can wear those leather tunics with no underware like I saw yesterday at the Tulip Festival.

I would love to be mixed... Like half Japanese/Korean and French or something like that. :D I find Asian culture so beautiful and fascinating.

I have a double nationality and I would have liked to have been more in tune with my other nationality.
One of my biggest disappointments is that my father never taught me the language.

I would have really liked to have grown up being able to converse with that side of my family as they are such nice and warm people, especially compared to my dutch family.

I do love asian cultures but I have no desire to be asian or even speak one of the languages well. I do want to learn to read and understand Japanese for some of the light novels / literature that they got. Some of it gets translated sometimes and it really blows me away what awesome creative writers they have. I also have entertained the idea of perhaps moving to Japan one day but decided against it since it would likely not support the kind of lifestyle I want. I wouldn't want to end up as a karoshi (death caused by overwork).

All in all though, I'm fine with my nationalities ^^

Currently Singaporean nationality, speaks both English and Chinese, and can probably pass off as a citizen of any of the East Asian countries. (As proven during my years in America.)

I don't think I'd choose to be of another nationality since we get to learn from different cultures. That played a huge part in my identity.

native indian
mulatto ancestry
scottish
or
viking

United States, for both secular and personal reasons.

By the way, why are some people using ethnicity and different races to form their preference? Also, this title brings forth quite a vague motion; it can lead to many categories (culture, political system, food cuisine etc) because by-definition, 'Nationality' doesn't even require you to be born in said country.

Last edited:
United States, for both secular and personal reasons.

By the way, why are some people using ethnicity and different races to form their preference? Also, this title brings forth quite a vague motion; it can lead to many categories (culture, political system, food cuisine etc) because by-definition, 'Nationality' doesn't even require you to be born in said country.

^^this

American because there is no other country more free. Funny how most Americans don't even believe this tho. Go ahead, live in another country for a few years and you'll see just how spoiled you are.

My parents are Japanese and Peruvian, both in ethnicity and nationality. They moved to the US because of her freedoms and also to give their children the best shot at a decent future.

Politics and freedom aside, Russia has beautiful countryside. Taking into account ethnicity, Scandinavian women are gorgeous. Taking food into account, Mexican food rocks. Cultural aspect of it, I'd like to stay the Japanese/Peruvian mutt that I am. :p

Last edited:
An upsetting amount of people that can't grasp the distinction between nationalities and ethnicities.
For what I appreciate in life, I'm very happy as a Scandinavian. Any country around that area would be a fine substitute, I guess.

EDIT:
American because there is no other country more free. Funny how most Americans don't even believe this tho. Go ahead, love in another country for a few years and you'll see just how spoiled you are.

eye-roll.jpg

An upsetting amount of people that can't grasp the distinction between nationalities and ethnicities.
For what I appreciate in life, I'm very happy as a Scandinavian. Any country around that area would be a fine substitute, I guess.

EDIT:

eye-roll.jpg

Thanks for quoting me, as it made me see a typo I had not recognized earlier. You are entitled to your opinion. Funny tho how no-one ever "eye-rolls" other people's responses except for you. And also funny that your signature is so vile and disrespectful. I love it when people show their true natures in such ways. It makes it so much easier to weed out the poison and add to my ignore list. I wonder if I can report that signature... I guess I'll find out, huh.
So, thank you. And, ignored. :D

Thanks for quoting me, as it made me see a typo I had not recognized earlier. You are entitled to your opinion. Funny tho how no-one ever "eye-rolls" other people's responses except for you. And also funny that your signature is so vile and disrespectful. I love it when people show their true natures in such ways. It makes it so much easier to weed out the poison and add to my ignore list. I wonder if I can report that signature... I guess I'll find out, huh.
So, thank you. And, ignored. :D

> you're entitled to your opinion
> ignores me because you don't like my opinion

Checks out.

Correction, ignored for your attitude and signature. Your opinion is otherwise worthless. :D

Clarification appreciated.

I would be OK with being a Canadian, too.

EDIT: just so we're clear, I eye-roll whenever anyone says that freedom is engrained in any one nation, and especially when other people are dared to live in another country so they can "see how spoiled they are".

I would be OK with being a Canadian, too.

EDIT: just so we're clear, I eye-roll whenever anyone says that freedom is engrained in any one nation, and especially when other people are dared to live in another country so they can "see how spoiled they are".

I think she was pointing out a perfectly legitimate observation, whereby the laws and principles enshrined in the Constitution are extremely beyond those of many other national laws and freedoms. Nobody is suggesting you're not allowed to live in another country, so please don't victimize yourself, you won't win any bonus points. Please feel free to live in any country you like, although I doubt said-country would appreciate your apparent poor use of sarcasm. I couldn't give a toss about your signature, but your user-title suggests an incredible superiority complex. I'm only bringing this up because it's most likely not living up to its name in this thread. As to my main point which is this: sarcastically snarky comments against people that use the word 'freedom' to describe the US certainly need to stop denying the realities. There are very few countries with systems like this, and with written constitutions and as far as facts go, I think it is the only nation on the planet that prohibits the church from interfering with any politics, whilst simultaneously giving everyone the right to worship. So yes, it is a free country. Get over it.

Stop making me like you. It totally defeats the purpose of ignoring you. "Kill her with kindness"... I can hear you whispering while you twist your mischievous mustache and a low but unmistakably evil laugh escapes your mouth..."Muhahahaaaa".