If you could be another nationality . . . | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

If you could be another nationality . . .

I think she was pointing out a perfectly legitimate observation, whereby the laws and principles enshrined in the Constitution are extremely beyond those of many other national laws and freedoms.

I never said that it wasn't.

Nobody is suggesting you're not allowed to live in another country, so please don't victimize yourself, you won't win any bonus points.

I'm not victimizing myself. Where did you get that impression? I like America, it's one of my favorite places to live and visit. I just cringe when people imbue the quality of "freedom" to it. It's not that particularly free in my optics, and even if it was the freest place on Earth, it's still very condescending to the rest of the world to declare something to the lines of "look at how shitty these places are! We're number one!"

Please feel free to live in any country you like, although I doubt said-country would appreciate your apparent poor use of sarcasm.

Thank you, I am currently practicing living in any country that I like. I've yet to be sarcastic in this thread, as far as I know. What are you referring to?

I couldn't give a toss about your signature, but your user-title suggests an incredible superiority complex. I'm only bringing this up because it's most likely not living up to its name in this thread.

Who made you the judge, jury and executioner? You don't know me at all. You also haven't shown any interest in getting to know me, before you diagnosed me as someone with an incredible superiority complex, and a person that doesn't use sarcasm to your liking.

As to my main point which is this: sarcastically snarky comments against people that use the word 'freedom' to describe the US certainly need to stop denying the realities. There are very few countries with systems like this, and with written constitutions and as far as facts go, I think it is the only nation on the planet that prohibits the church from interfering with any politics, whilst simultaneously giving everyone the right to worship. So yes, it is a free country. Get over it.

Denying what realities? Since Luther, most of Europe has been free of the type of church-rule that you're claiming only America is free of. Read up on secularization, my friend.
Again, I don't hate America. It's just simply not the birthplace and current inhabitance of "freedom". And again, if it was, it's still a incredibly offensive to diminish the rest of the world like that.

Stop making me like you. It totally defeats the purpose of ignoring you. "Kill her with kindness"... I can hear you whispering while you twist your mischievous mustache and a low but unmistakably evil laugh escapes your mouth..."Muhahahaaaa".

I do tend to twist my mischievous mustache ;-)
I respect your opinion. There's a reason to my madness, but I don't expect you to find it appealing or respectful.

United States, for both secular and personal reasons.

By the way, why are some people using ethnicity and different races to form their preference? Also, this title brings forth quite a vague motion; it can lead to many categories (culture, political system, food cuisine etc) because by-definition, 'Nationality' doesn't even require you to be born in said country.

Agreed. For secular, personal as well as political/governmental reasons.

American because there is no other country more free. Funny how most Americans don't even believe this tho. Go ahead, live in another country for a few years and you'll see just how spoiled you are.

My parents are Japanese and Peruvian, both in ethnicity and nationality. They moved to the US because of her freedoms and also to give their children the best shot at a decent future.

Politics and freedom aside, Russia has beautiful countryside. Taking into account ethnicity, Scandinavian women are gorgeous. Taking food into account, Mexican food rocks. Cultural aspect of it, I'd like to stay the Japanese/Peruvian mutt that I am. :p

As also a daughter of immigrants and a Latina/Anglo mutt, I understand why my parents chose to come to the US. Living under oppressive governments is not living with liberty at all, and I completely get what you're saying.

Clarification appreciated.

I would be OK with being a Canadian, too.

EDIT: just so we're clear, I eye-roll whenever anyone says that freedom is engrained in any one nation, and especially when other people are dared to live in another country so they can "see how spoiled they are".

I think [MENTION=13723]Misadventure[/MENTION] was targeting that specifically to those Americans who are constantly complaining about America and taking what they have for granted. I did not take her comment to mean anything at all against other free nations. But I suppose it depends on your definition of freedom. So, let's paste it here:

free·dom
-the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
-absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.
-the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved.​

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". Any country that upholds this ideal is fine with me. Taking governments, politics, war, and religion out of the equation, I would love to explore all nations. However, that is rather unrealistic.

Since this has turned into another debate on why Americans are full of themselves, I'm with [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]
Space pirate.

Reactions: Misadventure
I would love to be a mix between Peruvian, Greek, Japanese, native australian and nordic for the blue eyes. I would live in Cambodia and become a part time male stripper for the asiatic ladies.

In all seriousness though... Marroco, that's where i belong.

Last edited:
Agreed. For secular, personal as well as political/governmental reasons.

As also a daughter of immigrants and a Latina/Anglo mutt, I understand why my parents chose to come to the US. Living under oppressive governments is not living with liberty at all, and I completely get what you're saying.

I think [MENTION=13723]Misadventure[/MENTION] was targeting that specifically to those Americans who are constantly complaining about America and taking what they have for granted. I did not take her comment to mean anything at all against other free nations. But I suppose it depends on your definition of freedom. So, let's paste it here:

free·dom
-the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". Any country that upholds this ideal is fine with me. Taking governments, politics, war, and religion out of the equation, I would love to explore all nations. However, that is rather unrealistic.

Since this has turned into another debate on why Americans are full of themselves, I'm with [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]

Yes! Thank you for understanding me and not thinking that I'm some stupid gun-toting fat American that constantly spouts "We're #1. America, fuck yeah!" And yeah, I'm with [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] on this too. Space Pirate.

It would be nice to have one thread that didn't turn into some pissing match.

I think she was pointing out a perfectly legitimate observation, whereby the laws and principles enshrined in the Constitution are extremely beyond those of many other national laws and freedoms. Nobody is suggesting you're not allowed to live in another country, so please don't victimize yourself, you won't win any bonus points. Please feel free to live in any country you like, although I doubt said-country would appreciate your apparent poor use of sarcasm. I couldn't give a toss about your signature, but your user-title suggests an incredible superiority complex. I'm only bringing this up because it's most likely not living up to its name in this thread. As to my main point which is this: sarcastically snarky comments against people that use the word 'freedom' to describe the US certainly need to stop denying the realities. There are very few countries with systems like this, and with written constitutions and as far as facts go, I think it is the only nation on the planet that prohibits the church from interfering with any politics, whilst simultaneously giving everyone the right to worship. So yes, it is a free country. Get over it.

YES!!! You get it! Thank you for being intelligent!

...As to my main point which is this: sarcastically snarky comments against people that use the word 'freedom' to describe the US certainly need to stop denying the realities. There are very few countries with systems like this, and with written constitutions and as far as facts go, I think it is the only nation on the planet that prohibits the church from interfering with any politics, whilst simultaneously giving everyone the right to worship. So yes, it is a free country. Get over it.

...Brings a tear to my eye. *sniff sniff*

<3

Still though... Space pirate.

Reactions: Misadventure
As far as constitutions go, you're #1 most handsome free nation.

[MENTION=13729]Free2be[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13723]Misadventure[/MENTION]

[video=youtube;JSkgGpHe3n4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSkgGpHe3n4[/video]

Reactions: Free
2uorxww.jpg

[video=youtube;1vdw0If6Zzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdw0If6Zzg[/video]

Ok I'll stop now.

Look at those mountains,
Look at those trees,
Look at that bum over there, man, he's down on his knees!

- #1 freedom man Randy Newman!

toby-keith.jpg

free·dom

Right. Do you believe America to be the only country that exhibits these traits? Furthermore, is it a great practical example of those traits? Keeping current legislation in mind, not the ceremonial constitution.

Would you at least agree that "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are subjective terms? What's liberty to you might be slavery to me.

I would never say that Americans are full of themselves. Some individuals are, America is no exception to the rule. This is about the notion of superiority and the complex concept of "freedom" being an American thing. Russians are saying the same thing, as are North Koreans. It's obnoxious.

Here's the quote in question, again:

American because there is no other country more free. Funny how most Americans don't even believe this tho. Go ahead, live in another country for a few years and you'll see just how spoiled you are.

Go ahead, live in another country for a few years and you'll see just how spoiled you are.

Yes! Thank you for understanding me and not thinking that I'm some stupid gun-toting fat American that constantly spouts "We're #1. America, fuck yeah!"

YES!!! You get it! Thank you for being intelligent!

I don't think that you're stupid or a gun-toting obese individual. You did, however, say something to the lines of "We're #1. America, fuck yeah!"

You're entitled to that opinion, but it's ridiculous to me.

American.

I simply love the dynamism and energy of the people...

Of course, in this thread we are only fantasising about the good parts, right?

I would love to be half French or half British.. hmm..
I love the French language plus the culture and would love to live in South of France..
and half British 'coz I love the accent and I would love to experience what it's like having a Monarchy. :m124:
But I love who I am today.. but having double citizenship sounds good too! :)

If this is actual nationality like passport, not ethnicity, then I'd choose Swiss lol. Second choice Japan. Something really fucking prestigious and hard to obtain.

Currently they serve out Canadian passports like toilet paper.

If this is actual nationality like passport, not ethnicity, then I'd choose Swiss lol. Second choice Japan. Something really fucking prestigious and hard to obtain.

Currently they serve out Canadian passports like toilet paper.

But they smell like maple leaves!